PDA

View Full Version : Confused about extended seasonal deadline

FlyingV
11-03-2016, 06:53 AM

This does not compute. According to the deadline, the promo ends on November 3 at 2pm PDT or 5pm EST. However, the menu popup sale taken a few moments ago shows the halloween packs for sale continue into November 4.

Does the promotion end on November 3 and the special sales end a day later or what?

It seems that whatever I got from the first day is as good as it gets and I am trying to purchase some rare souls with Ironite for a FotD hail Mary. I do not have enough for a 10 pack but I probably would after the secret locations open at 5PM PDT, which would be past the first deadline but not the second. So, I have no idea whether I should buy the six or seven individual rare souls with what I have on hand, or wait for the secret locations to see if I can afford a 10 pack. Does anybody have any clarification on this?

Esquatcho
11-03-2016, 07:35 AM
Is it a timezone difference thing perhaps?

Also, if you want FOTD, rare souls are OK, but I'd be pushing the trooper points to get green souls. Better chance of getting him!

FlyingV
11-03-2016, 10:58 AM
Is it a timezone difference thing perhaps?

Also, if you want FOTD, rare souls are OK, but I'd be pushing the trooper points to get green souls. Better chance of getting him!

PDT = Pacific Daylight Time - the standard time zone for West Coast/Los Angeles. The numbers do not match up as that deadline falls somewhere into November 4 PDT. Something is off.

As for trooper badges, I squandered a fair number on gunner/assassin souls thinking the gunner/assassin Halloween toons were limited, which now appears NOT to be the case. At any rate, I have acquired 3 or sentinel souls and they are as disappointingly worthless as rare souls as it pertains to this event thus far.

Esquatcho
11-03-2016, 11:49 AM
Yeah strange then.

As for the FOTD, sorry you didnt get a chance for more sentinel souls. I think it took me about 7 green souls before I got him.

Good luck. Hope you do get FOTD Eddie :)

FlyingV
11-03-2016, 12:54 PM
Thank you!

FlyingV
11-03-2016, 06:47 PM
More clarity on this would be appreciated, thank you. It may not make a world of difference but for me it's the difference between eight and ten chances for something that's gonna be a lot harder to earn in the future.

FlyingV
11-03-2016, 08:26 PM
Well, since those with any definitive answer or at work or not paying attention to this thread, I had to play it safe and bought eight individual souls since there is only 45 min until the listed deadline.

Surprise surprise...same old shit with my 47th mummy Eddie pull as the cherry on top. Not even a stupid pumpkin to be had.

Witkacy
11-03-2016, 08:47 PM
Well, since those with any definitive answer or at work or not paying attention to this thread, I had to play it safe and bought eight individual souls since there is only 45 min until the listed deadline.

Surprise surprise...same old shit with my 47th mummy Eddie pull as the cherry on top. Not even a stupid pumpkin to be had.

Flying :)

If this could help you somehow, I will share with my experience about getting FOTD Eddie... I deadly wished to have him since the first day of the event, you know... Got A LOT of rare souls off achievements, plus couple I had saved before - no FOTD Eddie, I spent ALL my ironities to buy rare souls packs - no success either, so I gave up rare souls and concentrated on sentinel ones - too bad that earlier I used some of my trooper points to buy a skill shard (the only really valuable and CERTAIN thing to buy via TP to me)... Nevertheless I changed my habbits for a while and started to buy green souls - managed to buy 9 of them in total and this amount granted me FOTD Eddie at last yesterday...

Wish you luck, hope you win this one :)

Cheers,
W