PDA

View Full Version : Talismans for Sentinel Souless Demon

FlyingV
11-03-2016, 08:41 PM
With the AOE, I figured it would be squandering its abilities if a mass disabler were not applied, so I have always run a trio of Paralysis talismans. Initially I complemented the other half with three freeze talismans, which seemed redundant against the paralysis set, and have since replaced them with Assassin Talismans for true damage.

The thing is that I have used my other Assassin sets on my Trolls and I have an empty 5* Assassin Golden Son, so I am wondering if there is a better setup for the demon than 3 Paralysis/3 Assassin talismans, or do I simply need to leave as is and farm 3 more assassin talismans for the assassin Golden Son?

MuadDib-7367
11-03-2016, 08:49 PM
I use all green health talisman on him since his damage scales with health. I know some players use an invisibility set on him. I wouldn't bother putting any purple sets on him as they won't help a whole lot with damage, which is what this toon is built for. I would focus on sets that boosts his health (shock or paralysis might make sense though I haven't tried them) to increase his damage dealing. With his random taunt ability you also want him maxxed on health to absorb some payback.

Reeb99
11-03-2016, 09:20 PM
I was going to run two blind sets once I get one to 5*, but two energy sets might be fun.

Browno
11-03-2016, 10:50 PM
I run 2 sets of blind and boy they get blinded much! 70% chance to blind without accuracy boost.
Does wonders for not getting hit.

FlyingV
11-04-2016, 01:06 AM
Great suggestions.

I have a ton of blind talismans I generally don't use and I think I overlooked the energy set because I usually run the demon alongside Allied general, Who in addition to his own steal, is equipped with energy talismans to further the percentage (assuming that it does so).

I think for now I'm going to add a set of energy talismans to complement the paralysis talismans, revising to blind or something else as is necessary in the future. That will free up my assassin set so I can start to build up this golden son as well

Ionswarm
11-05-2016, 07:31 PM
I use all green health talisman on him since his damage scales with health.

I wouldn't bother putting any purple sets on him as they won't help a whole lot with damage, which is what this toon is built for.

If I understand correctly, damage on this attack would scale with health in ADDITION to the attributes the damage type normally scales with - attack and magic for PAIN which is true damage. Too lazy to look up dev quote though. 8)

aur0ra85
11-05-2016, 08:26 PM
I like the idea of a double blind set. Might try that on my demon.

Ionswarm
11-05-2016, 11:07 PM
Oops. I should have said Provoke not Pain. I had also been reading about the golden son assassin. 8D

konstifik
11-10-2016, 03:35 PM
I run a blind set and a energy set on my sentinel demon. Mostly use this toon in LoL where it works great. When the energy sets triggers, it generates 2 power from every enemy, so in LoL thats 10 power if it triggers before you've killed anyone. And with 45 % trigger rate, it triggers a lot. Need more time to evaluate the usefulness of the blind set.

osiris0000
11-10-2016, 04:50 PM
I am running him with 2 x Blind sets. One set is ward (magic), one set is overwhelming (attack). Because since his damage scales with HP and does true damage, I try to add equal magic and attack as much as possible. About the blind effect, it triggers most of the time but not on all enemies. Maybe some enemies have immunity, that can be the cause. I usually have him on Magus Dungeon because of "Taunt" is very useful, i don't like when enemies use "power" attacks all the time.

konstifik
11-10-2016, 05:24 PM
I am running him with 2 x Blind sets. One set is ward (magic), one set is overwhelming (attack). Because since his damage scales with HP and does true damage, I try to add equal magic and attack as much as possible. About the blind effect, it triggers most of the time but not on all enemies. Maybe some enemies have immunity, that can be the cause. I usually have him on Magus Dungeon because of "Taunt" is very useful, i don't like when enemies use "power" attacks all the time.

The blind effect seems to test for each enemy individually, rather than do it the all or nothing way that the energy and freeze talisman do.

Edit: Tried this a bit more and it looks like it's all or nothing anyway. I was very sure I've had it process without blinding all, and it was in non-boss stages of LoL where no enemies have immunity, but I must have misremembered. Sorry for the misleading statement...

Reeb99
11-10-2016, 06:07 PM
The blind effect seems to test for each enemy individually, rather than do it the all or nothing way that the energy and freeze talisman do.

That seems to be a recent change, as before the Halloween update it would blind all enemies. I'd rather see it done this way for all sets instead of simply nerfing the proc rate like was done with the freeze and paralysis sets. Kudos to the dev team.

konstifik
11-10-2016, 09:21 PM
That seems to be a recent change, as before the Halloween update it would blind all enemies. I'd rather see it done this way for all sets instead of simply nerfing the proc rate like was done with the freeze and paralysis sets. Kudos to the dev team.

Tried this a bit more and it looks like it's all or nothing anyway. I was very sure I've had it process without blinding all, and it was in non-boss stages of LoL where no enemies have immunity, but I must have misremembered. Sorry for the misleading statement...

Reeb99
11-11-2016, 12:37 AM
Tried this a bit more and it looks like it's all or nothing anyway. I was very sure I've had it process without blinding all, and it was in non-boss stages of LoL where no enemies have immunity, but I must have misremembered. Sorry for the misleading statement...

I could have sworn I've seen it as well. Then again I run on auto most of the time since I have everything at 3 skulls, so the blind rarely kicks in. I finally got one of my green soulless demons evolved today, so I'll probably start experimenting with talisman setups a little more. I usually only use them on magus day since my main crew wrecks everything else other than magus and gunner LoL 10.