PDA

View Full Version : When (if ever) Safeguard = or even > Fierce?

FlyingV
11-04-2016, 06:20 AM
So far the consensus indicated that skilled talismans should be sold immediately, unless an option of last resort. My impression from The forums over the past couple of months suggests that fierce is the go-to talisman of choice for the reds, making the safeguard talismans an option when fierce are not available. My question then is whether you have experienced with certain characters an equality or even a superiority of safeguard talismans over fierce talismans. What were the talismans use and what characters did you use?

Nifelheim
11-04-2016, 06:28 AM
Fierce boosts def, safeguard boosts magic resist. Most reds have higher def stat than magic resist so safeguard is the way to go. For example, nomad, the red bat, rev Eddie, Rtth Eddie, wicker king, etc

FlyingV
11-04-2016, 07:09 AM
Fierce boosts def, safeguard boosts magic resist. Most reds have higher def stat than magic resist so safeguard is the way to go. For example, nomad, the red bat, rev Eddie, Rtth Eddie, wicker king, etc

So, what you are suggesting is: use safeguard over Fierce with warrior class characters to boost MR rather than Def?

Esquatcho
11-04-2016, 07:45 AM
So, what you are suggesting is: use safeguard over Fierce with warrior class characters to boost MR rather than Def?

Yes. Fierce used to give higher attack bonus, but it got tweaked in October. So now the consensus is as you say. The exceptions to this though are physical attack characters that also scale on defence (eg FOTD Eddie & Wickerman).

All that said, I've found that at 5* a mix of safeguard and fierce seems to work well.

Nifelheim
11-04-2016, 08:37 AM
When they nerfed fierce, did they boost/balance skilled?

Reeb99
11-04-2016, 12:55 PM
When they nerfed fierce, did they boost/balance skilled?

Don't think so.

Anyway max fierce and max safeguard are the same except which defense they give. I try to mix and match to give my warriors a little more overall MR than defense, since they take extra damage from magus characters due to the class affinity.