PDA

View Full Version : Time for a Magus promotion, but who?

FlyingV
11-04-2016, 06:46 AM
At present, I have an abundance of magus Eddies, including speed of light, carriage rider, wickerman and Grim Reaper, but I have only one 5* magus toon at present - the ever-popular and long-unused "blue cheese" allied soldier.

Regarding the other classes I have one or two Eddies (No Assassins yet), but at minimum I have two 5* toons (with the exception of the gunner class, which is at zero ATM). Although I have zero assassin Eddies, I have four 5* assassin toons, my most populous class for 5* toons.

As such, I feel that another magus toon is due a promotion and then perhaps a gunner toon sometime thereafter. So this is what I have at present regarding 5* characters:

WARRIOR
- Holy Smoke Eddie
- RTTH Eddie
- PSS
- Troll

MAGUS
- Wicker Man Eddie
- CR Eddie
- SOL Eddie
- GR Eddie
- Allied Soldier

SENTINEL
- Mummy Eddie
- Allied General
- Souless Demon

ASSASSIN
- Axis Soldier
- Artillery Dog
- Troll
- Golden Son

GUNNER
- Soldier Eddie
- Aces High Eddie

Offhand, I believe I have pretty much every Magus toon OTHER THAN Axis General, Angel, and PDK. My thoughts then turn to Magus Golden Son or Pharaoh, but there's also WDQ. I even have the magus Pumpkin.

Based on the above, what would you suggest?

Esquatcho
11-04-2016, 07:54 AM
Do you have Magus CotD? That would definitely be worthwhile!

Otherwise, the 3 you DONT have are probably the top picks unfortunately :)

Otherwise, its PWS or Golden Son for mine. I dont have either and never used a 5* PWS to see what the damage is like. Golden Son does have the heal though, but from a trooper of mine, doesnt seem to hit nearly as hard as other golden sons.

FlyingV
11-04-2016, 08:06 AM
Sorry, I forgot CotD (sadly, not a one of them in any class).

I heard good things about WDQ but then I also heard lackluster things about her past 4*. If others agree between Golden Son and PWS, I'm inclined to go with PWS, because I suspect it would be more useful (hard to compete with Assassin when chosing a Golden Son, which I already have at 5*).

Nifelheim
11-04-2016, 08:45 AM
The assassin: artillery dog and golden son do the most damage on that list. Never played assassin troll but want one.

For magus, CR is versatile, and GR will be useful.

Gunner: soldier Eddie can also get you through the game easily

Heavy1974
11-04-2016, 09:00 AM
I have the magus golden son on 5 stars with 3 Freezing, two shock and one health talisman on him.
Did much farming with him, he is pretty good.

Baba-8301
11-04-2016, 09:28 AM
If you want something a bit different then magus possessed rockets. The power attack is cheap, hits all and buffs magic. The regular attack is a bit meh but it hits reasonably hard.

Olevipoeg
11-04-2016, 09:55 AM
I have the magus golden son on 5 stars with 3 Freezing, two shock and one health talisman on him.
Did much farming with him, he is pretty good.
I have it too. I had no other magus to upgrade at that moment and it turned out surprisingly good. Good healer, decent damage and revives itself. It's like blue version of PSS. I'm using it to autoplay Game of Death madness with Red Angel.

FlyingV
11-04-2016, 06:04 PM
If you want something a bit different then magus possessed rockets. The power attack is cheap, hits all and buffs magic. The regular attack is a bit meh but it hits reasonably hard.

This was actually a character I had considered as well. Probably on the magus short list if I don't get one of the usual suspects (axis general, etc) through the book of souls.