PDA

View Full Version : Limited Time Guy Fawkes Event Running until November 7!

Sparton_LOTB
11-05-2016, 12:50 AM
Celebrate Guy Fawkes Day with these wicker- and fire-themed characters!

For a limited time, souls have a greater chance of dropping the following characters:

The Wicker Man (Warrior) ****
Wickerdog King (Warrior) ***
Wickerdog Queen (Magus) ***
Troll (Warrior) ****
Hellhound (Warrior) ****
Corrupt Ox Cultist (Assassin) ****

These characters can be found in any of the souls they would normally be found in based on class and rarity.

Don’t miss out on the increased chance for these characters before PVP comes out! These characters will go back to their normal chance of being summoned on November 7th, 2PM PST.

R1ck
11-05-2016, 02:42 AM

why to have a 4* character when it is imposible to evolve it because of not getting 3* colored evo shards.

so many 3* rainbown (colorless) evo shards for nothing.

Kaijester
11-05-2016, 03:54 AM
Nice! Finally got my Hellhound thanks to this event. However wasted my two Assassin Gunner Soul as no luck with Corrupted Ox Cultist.

PerthEddie
11-05-2016, 04:42 AM
Nice! Finally got my Hellhound thanks to this event

Nice!! Would love to get one of them myself. Did that drop from a Rare Warrior Soul or a Rare Soul? I did buy a Warrior Soul with Trooper Points but got a fricking duplicate Run to the Hills Eddie :mad: :mad:

Kaijester
11-05-2016, 05:02 AM
I spent 10 Rare Souls to get Hellhound. 3 Warrior Souls were wasted for 3*.

PsychoEddie
11-05-2016, 05:13 AM
Nice!! Would love to get one of them myself. Did that drop from a Rare Warrior Soul or a Rare Soul? I did buy a Warrior Soul with Trooper Points but got a fricking duplicate Run to the Hills Eddie :mad: :mad:

Hellhound is awesome, both that and Pharaoh Sun Spirit and I'm very glad I have them both since if one isn't great for a tricky situation where a warrior is needed then the other one usually is.

PerthEddie
11-05-2016, 05:33 AM
3 Warrior Souls were wasted for 3*.

Same here. All 3* dupes. Wasted 36k coins and 3600 Trooper points. That is the gamble though :-/

@PsychoEddie - is it worth levelling up a PSS then? I think I dropped a 1* earlier but sold it!!!

PsychoEddie
11-05-2016, 05:48 AM
Same here. All 3* dupes. Wasted 36k coins and 3600 Trooper points. That is the gamble though :-/

@PsychoEddie - is it worth levelling up a PSS then? I think I dropped a 1* earlier but sold it!!!

Oh yeah, it's well worth it, a 5*100 PSS has

HP 6000
ATK 754
DEF 561
MAGIC 231
M RESIST 232
SPECIAL 220

Hellhound has

HP 8479
ATK 600
DEF 565
MAGIC 793
M RESIST 232
Special 238

Both have a basic attack of physical against all enemies
Both secondary attacks heal all allies (pss also deals physical damage to enemies, hellhound grants lifesteal)

They both have some powerful stuff in their own ways that combined with different allies as well as opponents will end up with different results overall.

Just from my own experience, I'd suggest that both are toons any person would find useful in their toonbox.

Painkiller
11-05-2016, 10:00 AM
I bought only this time, 10 rare souls ...drop was (beside crap):
- Samurai Eddie (my 1st one)
- The Wickery Man (my 1st one)
- Wickerdog King (my 1st)
- Wickerdog Queen (my 1st)
...rest is crap.

BillLion
11-05-2016, 10:36 AM
I bought only this time, 10 rare souls ...drop was (beside crap):
- Samurai Eddie (my 1st one)
- The Wickery Man (my 1st one)
- Wickerdog King (my 1st)
- Wickerdog Queen (my 1st)
...rest is crap.

Wow, amazing score!

Ancient Mariner
11-05-2016, 10:38 AM
I also opened 10 rare souls in search of the Wickerman war. and got my third FOTD Eddie xD

p.s: Sparton, about the next Sacrifice feature, can we have an anticipation about how it will work?
I'm asking this because depending on what we will get from it, we could decide to sell (or not) some of our dupes to make room for other souls to summon these days in search for these warrior chars (and also for the daily challenge to summon 5 souls).

I explain:
if sacrifice consists in giving you extra souls then i wouldn't sell my dupes, but if for example it gives extra exp to the main char of the dupes you sacrifice, then i would sell a lot of chars that currently fill my chars slots, as i'm not even planning to ever use them

Sparton_LOTB
11-05-2016, 11:27 PM
p.s: Sparton, about the next Sacrifice feature, can we have an anticipation about how it will work?
I'm asking this because depending on what we will get from it, we could decide to sell (or not) some of our dupes to make room for other souls to summon these days in search for these warrior chars (and also for the daily challenge to summon 5 souls).

We don't have the details of that set in stone yet. We can tell you that higher level and higher rarity characters will be a factor in getting better rewards (and the higher natural rarity of the character, the better).

It also won't be sacrificing to power up a different character, but sacrificing for various rewards.

Ancient Mariner
11-06-2016, 02:28 AM
We don't have the details of that set in stone yet. We can tell you that higher level and higher rarity characters will be a factor in getting better rewards (and the higher natural rarity of the character, the better).

It also won't be sacrificing to power up a different character, but sacrificing for various rewards.

oh ok, it's already a good info to have an idea about how to manage our characters set, thank you for the reply!

Dzoni
11-06-2016, 05:22 AM
guys has anyone got a photo, screenshot
Corrupt Ox Cultist?

PerthEddie
11-06-2016, 06:00 AM
As I said earlier I would really like a Hellhound so this event has definitely got my interest so I was thinking about buying a 10 pack of Rare Souls. However, after just opening 3 I got from elsewhere and getting the usual 3* duplicate shit I am now wondering if it is worth risking tne Ironite and Gold? Again, that is the gamble I suppose? My luck with souls hasn't been brilliant over the months either so not sure it is going to change now :(

osogaru
11-06-2016, 07:47 AM
Hi, i opened 30 rare souls, i got :
- the wickerman
- Eddie fotd
- 28 3* characters (5 or 6 wickerdogs)

Esquatcho
11-06-2016, 12:02 PM
Yup, 5 red souls & 5 rare souls in - 2xwdk, 3xwdq, the usual corrupt owl cultist & a massive 3xaxis soldiers. Not hellhound or troll :/

Am going to save my extra 5 rare souls left tomorrow when I at least get daily points for them. Fingers remain crossed though & hopefully like FOTD Eddie in halloween special, I've just got to keep smashing those trooper points for red souls to get at least one of those rare pulls Im after!

Anyone ever done a study of dropping all shards versus doing one at a time? Im just wonding if dropping all at the same time reduces dupe chances?

PerthEddie
11-06-2016, 01:03 PM
- the wickerman
- Eddie fotd

If these characters are supposedly easier to get for a few days then this result illustrates how hard they are to get normally. After thinking about it I will probably buy a 10 pack later and have a go - you never know I might get lucky :)

MrFreeze
11-06-2016, 01:07 PM
- the wickerman
- Eddie fotd

I had 12 rare souls to burn

6 - wickerdogs
6 - piles of wickerdog crap

osiris0000
11-06-2016, 01:38 PM
I bought a rare gunner & assassin soul yesterday to get assassin corrupted ox cultist, dropped it: got my second 3* gunner dog.. Meh..

Just minutes ago i bought 1 rare warrior soul with my last trooper points and dropped it...

BOOM! THE WICKER MAN! Finally my warrior team is unstoppable. Just need a Samurai Eddie.. When i got him, i will pair him with Wicker Man - Red Troll and Angel of Fear i already have now. This will be a warrior dream team!

Kardas
11-06-2016, 02:14 PM
I have a fair stack of Trooper points leftover from the Halloween event, and I was wondering if it's worth it cashing those in for a Hellhound. Because I already have a decent PSS, as well as Wickerdog King, Wicker Man and the Troll.

Thoughts?

osiris0000
11-06-2016, 02:45 PM
I have a fair stack of Trooper points leftover from the Halloween event, and I was wondering if it's worth it cashing those in for a Hellhound. Because I already have a decent PSS, as well as Wickerdog King, Wicker Man and the Troll.

Thoughts?

As a full maxed PSS owner, i don't bother about Hellhound so much. Hellhound is a really nice char btw, but PSS's healing with attack (Rise) sound much better than Hellhound's lifesteal to me when it comes to power skill using. Because "Rise" heals you instantly and give AOE damage. With Hellhound you got heal without attack and should wait to get additional heals if your team is attack based. Anyway, i would like to have Hellhound also. We never know how we will need them in the future, it's nice to collect 'em all :cool:

Ancient Mariner
11-06-2016, 02:57 PM
As a full maxed PSS owner, i don't bother about Hellhound so much. Hellhound is a really nice char btw, but PSS's healing with attack (Rise) sound much better than Hellhound's lifesteal to me when it comes to power skill using. Because "Rise" heals you instantly and give AOE damage. With Hellhound you got heal without attack and should wait to get additional heals if your team is attack based. Anyway, i would like to have Hellhound also. We never know how we will need them in the future, it's nice to collect 'em all :cool:

everybody wondering who's better between hellhound and PSS, but what about the warrior rocket dog?
i think he outclasses them both with his passive which automatically gives lifesteal for the first 3 turns and hits good with his AOE

Reeb99
11-06-2016, 03:03 PM
One of my Troopers has a L100 Hellhound, and it is fun to use. Pretty decent damage, but a little awkward on the timing. Works ok on auto farm, but the AI likes to use the heal at the beginning of the fight for some reason. Which is odd considering the PSS only uses the heal when low on health, sometimes waiting too long.

I'm not going to chase it though, since I already have a rocket dog with the life steal passive, and a L100 Wicker Man.

Mizrael
11-06-2016, 06:41 PM
ahh. hearing how everyone gets some cream here from rare souls made me spend my hardly earned 675ironite for 10 souls....such a pile of crap!!! 4xblue newborn,2xdog of war,2xrock golem(?!?!),green bomber boy and the well known Mr.Crap himself-the red desert warrior. bought 3 more green souls in hope for FOTD: 2xdog of war and a bonus rock golem!!!!!

LUCKY ME

Nifelheim
11-06-2016, 07:05 PM
That green bomber boy is worth it alone for the 625 ironite. Put some paladin power talismans on him and maybe 2 warp ones. Hard to find good green characters for the magus LoL stages

PsychoEddie
11-06-2016, 07:24 PM
One of my Troopers has a L100 Hellhound, and it is fun to use. Pretty decent damage, but a little awkward on the timing. Works ok on auto farm, but the AI likes to use the heal at the beginning of the fight for some reason. Which is odd considering the PSS only uses the heal when low on health, sometimes waiting too long.

I've noticed that as well, Hellhound AI is very dumb and wasteful in that way.

That is part of the reason I like having both hellhound and PSS, PSS AI is quite a bit more useful.

Hellhound seems to go into heal mode when there's nothing to heal....PSS can make that mistake but there is still an offensive attack to make up for it.

Mizrael
11-06-2016, 07:25 PM
That green bomber boy is worth it alone for the 625 ironite. Put some paladin power talismans on him and maybe 2 warp ones. Hard to find good green characters for the magus LoL stages

You're joking,right? o.O
i sell those bombers in dozens. i have kept 2 copies and the rest is vendor trash. Never even bothered lvling him to 5*, since i have better chars to work on. but i guess it's hard to be pleased with the amount of chars i already have. im only after the big guns like CG,AG,the Nomad and that F'N FOTD (of which all the others seem to have 3 copies already), but they don't seem to like me :/

FlyingV
11-07-2016, 02:15 AM
You're joking,right? o.O
i sell those bombers in dozens. i have kept 2 copies and the rest is vendor trash. Never even bothered lvling him to 5*, since i have better chars to work on. but i guess it's hard to be pleased with the amount of chars i already have. im only after the big guns like CG,AG,the Nomad and that F'N FOTD (of which all the others seem to have 3 copies already), but they don't seem to like me :/

Agreed. My sentinel allied bomber was my first (and only) 4* toon throughout the whole game. We went through a lot and he will be leveled for sentimental reasons, but I have never looked back since I moved on to better toons, while selling off many copies of sentinel and gunner allied bombers. Setting aside allied general, there are at least 3 sentinel toons I'd go with over bomber in a heartbeat.

PerthEddie
11-07-2016, 03:34 AM
Well I gave it a go last night but had no joy getting a Hellhound/Wickerman/Troll. I got:

3* Magus Newborn of Light (no idea if this guy is any good or not)
3* Warrior Golden Son (this is a dupe)
3* Speed of Light Eddie (this is my 4th of him)
3* Run to the Hills Eddie (also my 4th of him)
The rest was the usual stuff that I sold right away. I might have a couple more goes by buying Warrior souls later with Trooper points to see what happens.

Esquatcho
11-07-2016, 05:28 AM
Been burning the red souls to try and get a troll or hellhound...

Well after many wickerdogs, today I got a...... Nomad! lol

Cant complain I guess, but would have rathered the troll :)

Going to keep plugging away at trooper points anyway to try and get those elusive event reward reds!

aur0ra85
11-07-2016, 06:49 AM
I peeked. I've got a rocket dog somewhere in my 39 rares. I'd love to have him. But that means I'd be giving up on 39 dupes to get him. :/
Wholly fudge man.
If it was a pharoah it would be a done deal.

PsychoEddie
11-07-2016, 06:55 AM
I peeked. I've got a rocket dog somewhere in my 39 rares. I'd love to have him. But that means I'd be giving up on 39 dupes to get him. :/
Wholly fudge man.
If it was a pharoah it would be a done deal.

Rocket Dog is pretty sweet. I was lucky to get 2 of them early in the game and they've kicked A LOT of ass.

I left both of them at 4*80 to see how sacrifice works out.

PerthEddie
11-07-2016, 07:19 AM

Going to keep plugging away at trooper points anyway to try and get those elusive event reward reds!

Very nice and an excellent consolation prize!!

PsychoEddie
11-07-2016, 07:23 AM

Nomad is in my top 10 though I don't have that particular troll you mention for comparison.

Nomad is one of the few I've spent skill shards on, 7 in all and they were well spent.

I've also gotten very many trooper points by having Nomad available to borrow.

osiris0000
11-07-2016, 09:16 AM
Got 2 rare souls from secret locations. Dropped them.. Here is the result:

I already have this 2.. But i can't complain.. :cool: 2 rare souls = 2 4*. Never happened before. I guess RNGesus start to bless me.

Kaijester
11-07-2016, 09:23 AM
Congratz!

After my Hellhound luck, I wasted 40 Rare Souls on nothing good at all. Sigh.

BillLion
11-07-2016, 12:34 PM
Got 2 rare souls from secret locations. Dropped them.. Here is the result:

Congratulations to you!

I already have this 2.. But i can't complain.. :cool: 2 rare souls = 2 4*. Never happened before. I guess RNGesus start to bless me.

Congratz!

After my Hellhound luck, I wasted 40 Rare Souls on nothing good at all. Sigh.

Condolences to you! That's been my luck as of late as well. Didn't get FOTD Eddie in the event despite 25* sentient souls and 40+ rare souls. :)

Arcturus
11-07-2016, 02:06 PM
purchased 20 rare souls for this event, very happy with the results:

5* Nomad
5* PDK
4* Wickerman
3* wickerdog queen

these were all new for me, plus a handful of dupe 4* wickerdog kings & a couple dupe Eddies.

And this on top of the FOTD Eddie, 5* Allied General, & 4* Magus CotD I got from the Halloween event, I've been having a pretty good 2 weeks. Before that I'd never pulled a 5* toon.

scott-5496
11-07-2016, 04:48 PM
I had some luck with a 10 rare buy and a few rare trooper badge buys:

4* Pharaoh Dog King (not tried him out yet as levelling him up to 5*)
5*Nomad - so glad to get him and have paired with
4*Rocket Dog - what a toon he is I have to say as his passive is superb so far
4*Axis Bomber Boy (not used him yet but levelling up)
4*Allied Bomber boy (again levelling him up to 5)

I also got some dross/duplicates so now got 4 or 5 Speed of Light Eddies and 3 or 4 RtotheHills Eddies.

I got a Wicker Golem during Halloween event as well as few pumpkin dudes.

Currently my team is very 'red'. I have Lv100 Samurai, coupled with either Nomad Lv100, PSS Lv100 and sometimes for a change PWS Lv72, Angel of Strife Lv51 or my 4* Rocket Dog (looking to 5* him once I get some shards! I still sometimes use my 5* Soulless Demon as he can be pretty good too.

Esquatcho
11-08-2016, 03:01 AM
Wow, some nice pulls there! Have not gotten anything from souls since the nomad. Still for the sake of a weeks trooper points going into souls + 10 rares from ironite, I cant complain.... Still, wish I had your luck!