PDA

View Full Version : Can no longer load my game - AKA Facebook Loop - known issue, we're working on it

jpmusic
07-25-2016, 09:57 PM
Is anyone else having trouble starting the app? I'm currently stuck on the loading screen :(

(Sorry to my fellow Troopers if I don't use your characters for today :()

Sbujold
07-27-2016, 05:19 PM
Been having this issue since last update, no news from support

kjtaylor13
07-27-2016, 06:25 PM
Hi

I'm having a similar problem. I press start and the game just has the spinny thing. Can wait 10mins and nothing happens .

Rebooted cleared cache. Logged in play one level and everything resets to all levels locked. All eddies and things are still there.

Logout and restart the app and I'm having to repeat the whole process.

So takes about 30mins to do one level.

Emailed support. Hoping for a fix.

Cheers

Kevin

Fletch
07-27-2016, 08:01 PM
Just submitted a ticket for the same thing. Didn't think of clearing the cache, I'll try that. When I previously did log in I had the same issue with the stages reset (although the secret locations were still available) and when you beat the stage it would give you the three 'eddies' whether you completed the tasks or not, I'm guessing that may be because I had previously completed them.

jpmusic
07-27-2016, 08:10 PM
Clearing the caché didn't work for me, I'm practically in the same situation as kjtaylor13. I emailed support a couple days ago, but they haven't replied yet. I've read that some people with the same issue don't get an answer even after 2 weeks :(

kjtaylor13
07-28-2016, 02:01 PM
Hi, me too. But didn't work. I'm awaiting an update from support. I've been tweeting them and emailing them all day. And not had anything back. Its a but poor since I've paid $666 canadian for the eternity pack plus the android pack. And since spent another £180 on two lots of ironite and the normal starter pack in day one

I've a 100% record for my troopers up until yesterday when the bug hit. And have been signing in everyday for the daily bonus and now I can't even do that. Luckily I got my rare assassins sole the 1 time it managed to log in today.

It's currently unplayable for me and im getting no answers. Its almost 3pm and I've emailed and tweeted them at before 8am. I hope someone in customer service gets back to me soon. I'm hoping one of the admins or mods see this and pushes through for me.

Going to cross post in the founders forum too.

Will keep you posted on how I get on.

Cheers

Kevin

kalle8888
07-30-2016, 12:26 PM
i have similiar problem and got really pissed coz its already my second account. the first was broken too. maybe all payers should report them on paypal...

kjtaylor13
07-30-2016, 01:43 PM
Hi,

Sorry to hear your having problems too. Ive taken to emailing and tweet them daily to Try and get a response. But currently still not able to login. I hope I get mine fixed before the legendary pack times out.

Good luck with yours. Make sure you email support.

Cheers

Kevin

Sting313
07-30-2016, 07:11 PM
Same for me. Have to reinstall game to play one level then the game rests to level 1.

If shit doesn't get fixed and issues don't get responded to soon, I'm going to request a refund on my purchase.

Gonzo
07-30-2016, 07:36 PM
Guys!!! CHILL!!!! If we are all having this problem they sure know something's wrong.

Don't email support, and don't flood Twitter.

I'm having the same problem, let's have a little patience before we go on a witch hunt.

kjtaylor13
07-30-2016, 07:42 PM
Hi

It's not a witch hunt. Just want to be able to play the game I've spent weeks progressing on. And substantial amounts of money on the founders pack and IAPs.

Just regular updates is all I want from support. And to know ill get compensated for not being able to complete daily troopers rewards and loot from secret areas.

Also only have 5 days to buy the new legendary starter pack which I was waiting for. But if I want get in the game by then how do I get it?

Thanks

Kevin

Gonzo
07-30-2016, 08:28 PM
I understand how frustrating it is. I can't play either. But sending daily emails to support when they are clearly over their heads (they take at least a week to respond) won't help either.

And I didn't say YOU are on a witch hunt, I just said don't start one.

Hope you get everything back.

Stonewall
07-30-2016, 08:59 PM
Many issues here as well. Game unplayable since this morning. Bought legendary pack and 3 days premium and not able to use it. Very frustrating indeed. We all want this game to succeed however the support issues are very troubling and need to be addressed. :)

DeathByGuitar
07-30-2016, 09:17 PM
Same issue started today. Seems like it's spreading like a damn virus. Sorry troopers, no points for a while I guess!

Sting313
07-30-2016, 10:07 PM
No witch hunt. ZENDESK brags about their product and customer service.

There's zero acknowledgement. Don't need any emails. Just post on these forums we are aware of the problem and working on it.

It's apparently a major problem and is most likely affecting many potential players. Losing those players limits the games full potential a year or two down the road.

jpmusic
07-31-2016, 12:22 AM
This is a complicated matter, I'm sure the devs now about it (they even replied to my emails, so that has been ok), buy it is a really big problem since many people are spending A LOT of money in the game and they aren't able to enjoy what they paid for. I've only spent around 10 bucks so I'm not that mad, but still it's not good that nothing can be done about it.

Stonewall
07-31-2016, 05:43 AM
No witch hunt. ZENDESK brags about their product and customer service.

There's zero acknowledgement. Don't need any emails. Just post on these forums we are aware of the problem and working on it.

It's apparently a major problem and is most likely affecting many potential players. Losing those players limits the games full potential a year or two down the road.

Agreed - some developer feedback/communication would be great!

Vaseodin
07-31-2016, 05:59 AM
Yeah, the game is full of bugs. Many, many, many game-breaking bugs. They need to address and fix the lot of them ASAP, especially as more and more people spend money. This is not going well for them. One of the most disasterous launches for a game I've ever seen.

So, no. It's not a witch hunt. People beta tested the game. They should've noticed these things. People are paying lots of money (some guy on this post paid over $800 CAD for this game), myself included (I've spent over $200 American). That's more than any normal game would cost someone. We just want to play a game we paid good money for. We want to enjoy this game. But as it stands, there are an insane number of bugs. Not to mention the balance and RNG issues plaguing and frustrating players. If something isn't done soon many people will stop playing and many more will be asking for refunds.

I want this game to succeed, but it won't survive if these things aren't addressed ASAP.

kjtaylor13
07-31-2016, 08:41 AM
Hi,

Well I manged to get in this morning. And bought the legendary pack whilst I had the chance. I must be stupid or addicted.

But the game is still not working for me. Did one level and everything reset again.

And again I can't get back in just spinning skull again.

I hope they do fix it soon.

Kevin

kjtaylor13
07-31-2016, 03:26 PM
Hi,

Just wondering if the bug we are having is platform dependant. I'm on android. Are iOS players having the same issue with resets and the rotating skull etc....?

Thanks

Kevin

Stonewall
07-31-2016, 03:47 PM
I've only tried on Android but Ill see if i can get my hands on IOS today and see if I can replicate the locking issues.

jpmusic
07-31-2016, 04:11 PM
If you don't care about losing any progress go ahead :) try to link your Facebook account to the game, I think that's what killed mine although it took some days for it to crash.

Stonewall
07-31-2016, 04:12 PM
Why would game progress be lost?

jpmusic
07-31-2016, 04:17 PM
Why would game progress be lost?

That's exactly the question I've been asking myself since Monday. There's a bug out there that sometimes appears when you link your Facebook account to the game, it locks you out of the game, and if you manage to get back there's a possibility that you will lose something. In my case I can login, play one mission and then I lose all my story progress. Other users have lost all their characters or talismans.

Stonewall
07-31-2016, 04:18 PM
I will try to un-link facebook and see if it changes anything

jpmusic
07-31-2016, 05:42 PM
You can't :( I already tried that

Gonzo
07-31-2016, 05:54 PM
Ok... this worked FOR ME.

Yesterday I wasn't able to access the game, I got the spinning wheel and it stayed like that forever. What I did was to delete the game data and then relaunch it. The game downloaded the files again and it's been working fine. I did not uninstall the game, I just deleted the game data files.

I'm not saying you should try and I'm not saying this won't make you loose your account. I'm saying it worked for me.

jpmusic
07-31-2016, 06:56 PM
Ok... this worked FOR ME.

Yesterday I wasn't able to access the game, I got the spinning wheel and it stayed like that forever. What I did was to delete the game data and then relaunch it. The game downloaded the files again and it's been working fine. I did not uninstall the game, I just deleted the game data files.

I'm not saying you should try and I'm not saying this won't make you loose your account. I'm saying it worked for me.

You're lucky, I've tried absolutely everything and nothing has worked for me. I'm almost caught up on my new account though... Thanks for the tip mate!

Gonzo
07-31-2016, 07:05 PM
I'm sorry it did not work for you.

Stonewall
07-31-2016, 07:41 PM
Same here - I've tried everything with no luck. Just keeps locking out previously unlocked areas. Delete Cache, Delete Data, uninstall/reinstall. The game will launch but after one match it just locks out previous zones. No data loss - just unplayable. Were you running the game on two different devices?

kjtaylor13
07-31-2016, 07:47 PM
Hi Stonewall,

I've tried all the same things. And get the exact same problems. I've tried it on my tablet and my phone.

I've yet to try it on an iOS device. May try it on my mother's iPad later.

Will report back if I do.

Cheers

Kevin

kjtaylor13
07-31-2016, 08:01 PM
Well iOS test completed. Exactly the same issues. So not platform specific issues. Oh well.

Stonewall
07-31-2016, 08:03 PM
Im really starting to think its related to multiple device usage. I've uninstalled from all devices except my main Android Galaxy S7. Everything works ok until I try to play a match-same results as before. When did your issues start happening? I know the zone locking issue has occurred before but it seems to be game breaking since 7/29 or 7/30. Hopefully we will get some developer input soon!

kjtaylor13
07-31-2016, 08:43 PM
Hi

Me again. Just saw they tweeted not 2mins ago.

https://twitter.com/ironmaidenlotb/status/759851379200397312

Surely they should concentrate on fixing the bugs and communication with us the current users with problems.

Cheers

Kevin

kjtaylor13
08-02-2016, 06:47 AM
Any News?

I Managed to play for about 2hrs yesterday, but again the game reset and all levels locked.

Surely the Devs must have an update for us as to when they'll have this sorted!!

Cheers

Kevin

Olevipoeg
08-02-2016, 08:51 AM
Hi

Me again. Just saw they tweeted not 2mins ago.

https://twitter.com/ironmaidenlotb/status/759851379200397312

Surely they should concentrate on fixing the bugs and communication with us the current users with problems.

Cheers

Kevin
You are lucky, I can't even login anymore for a week now. ( Please restart game error) Thats is the main problem with internet only game. When player profile gets corrupted you can't do nothing about it. You can't restore character from your own backup and you can't force provider restore character from backup also. All invested money and time gone. I'm considering about informing Apple about fraudalent activities of this developer.

DeathByGuitar
08-02-2016, 10:57 PM
You are lucky, I can't even login anymore for a week now. ( Please restart game error) Thats is the main problem with internet only game. When player profile gets corrupted you can't do nothing about it. You can't restore character from your own backup and you can't force provider restore character from backup also. All invested money and time gone. I'm considering about informing Apple about fraudalent activities of this developer.

That's my biggest fear. Money and time both down the drain.

Gonzo
08-03-2016, 11:54 AM
Well... It seems I've joined your ranks. Unable to play anymore, I can log in but everything is bugged. Every time at the end of the level I get the server connection problem.

I'll give them a week, since I'm traveling for work I wasn't going to be able to play much anyways. After that, I'll just request a refund, such a good game. What a shame.

I hope you all get your accounts back, guys!!!!

jpmusic
08-03-2016, 12:02 PM
UPDATE: yesterday I finally received a response from the game team. They had already told me that it wasn't possible to restore my account at the time and they would help me start over. I received enough Ironite yesterday to get some decent characters on my new account, and was told that they were working on fixing this issue. When it gets fixed I can decide if I want to go back to my old account or keep playing with the new one.

Honestly I'm fine with this proposal since I didn't have characters that special with my other account, but I know that people with characters like the Axis Commander will be very angry with this. Still there's not much that we can do about it, just be patient.

Flann
08-03-2016, 01:13 PM
While I am trying to patient because I witnessed the severe growing pains that world of war craft had. (I was part of the beta). Restarting is unacceptable. I have been on medical disability since before release and have been averaging 10 hours a day. Not to mention the ton of ironite spent of sands of time. The only reason I haven't asked for a refund yet is because I have been a Maideite since "The Number of the Beast". This game is fun and had much promise. It is rapidly becoming much worse than "Ed Hunter". And that was a BAD game! They need to fix this issue quickly because they are not doing right to the Maiden brand.

kjtaylor13
08-03-2016, 05:18 PM
Hi

I've started again after my email from support. Just waiting for support to send me a new eternity pack code and ironite to cover my IAPs.

I emailed them during the day today accepting there offer. So hopefully they'll get back to me very soon as they should be there now.

I'm out of gold and sand. So I'm just waiting for more sand and support.

Thanks

Kevin

Bryan-3528
08-04-2016, 01:59 PM
Congratulations to me too! I've been locked out of the game since yesterday. Patiently waiting a reply from support on my email...

I wonder how many players are locked out like this?

I just can't fathom that "sorry we can't fix it but you can start over" is a viable solution to this. If the root of the problem is not fixed, then will they offer to start you over again when it happens a 2nd and 3rd time, etc?

Stonewall
08-04-2016, 02:14 PM
Devs posted yesterday that there is a fix in the works but it will be approx. a week until it is rolled out. I opened a ticket over the weekend and have not heard back on my specific case. I'm sure this will all get cleared up eventually - just frustrating for those of us experiencing issues and cannot play.

Jaylo
08-04-2016, 06:32 PM
Game is now hanging for me too after I press the start button.
This game is an utter train wreck & should never have been launched in this poorly coded condition.
It's the worst I have ever experienced a freemium game to be.

Hank
08-04-2016, 09:56 PM
Devs posted yesterday that there is a fix in the works but it will be approx. a week until it is rolled out. I opened a ticket over the weekend and have not heard back on my specific case. I'm sure this will all get cleared up eventually - just frustrating for those of us experiencing issues and cannot play.

This is what needed to happen! I get that there are major issues and I get that the devs are having a bad time right now trying to fix them (I work in tech support myself so I know how this can be). I don't mind that they've had problems. It's a fact of life where technology is concerned. My issue is the lack of information. I'm not saying the community would have been doing backflips with happiness if they'd been providing daily updates but at least we'd have known! It would be such a minor task to put a banner on the official forums to let people know they're working on it and a lot of us would be happy to know it had been acknowledged and was being dealt with.

I'm not gonna give up on this game or the devs. I'll give them chance to figure it out and fix it. I love Iron Maiden and I love this game. I only ask that they don't keep us in the dark (cos, ye know, some of us are afraid of that shit...)

kalle8888
08-04-2016, 11:02 PM
for me it is completely working again since 2 hours

Stonewall
08-05-2016, 01:31 AM
No dice here - still resetting progress on previously unlocked areas. Unable to exit - have to force quit the app.

Scumbag
08-05-2016, 06:59 AM
This all just started for me I can't even get passed the loading screen