PDA

View Full Version : RTTH or Samurai Eddie?

AppleJuice
11-05-2016, 05:27 PM
Hey, guys! (Haven't been too active in the forum recently)
I recently evolved my RTTH to star 5, because his ATK is just jaw dropping.. But shortly after evolving, I was lucky enough go get a Samurai Eddie! Now I'm having a bit of trouble which character is better..
RTTH Eddie seems like a beast with Additional Attacks, Critical Strike chance, self heal, chance to remove beneficial effects, and chance to inflict Bleed. (Oh and did I mention the beautiful ATK stat?)
Samurai Eddie on the other hand has armour penetration, physical charge, and extra turns. (All I could think of really..)
What do you guys think? I think I'm leaning more towards RTTH currently .

aur0ra85
11-05-2016, 05:35 PM
Samurai was hit hard with the nerf bat. He's too squishy now without using green talismans, which in turn nerf his attack to the point of probably not worth it. It's okay, but he feels neutered ATM. I'm in the process of a talisman build for RTTH as a result. It will be at least a couple weeks tho til he's good to go. Not complaining about samurai Eddie really, I'm sure he will get a big buff or rework soon, but it is what it is for now. Samurai uses fierce talismans, RTTH uses strength. I'd build up a set of strength for RTTH and swap to samurai when u want to use him for the best of both worlds.

AppleJuice
11-05-2016, 05:45 PM
Thanks for the reply, mate. I'm going for RTTH as of right now, but I'll level up Samurai to 100 too for when he gets his buff.

Reeb99
11-05-2016, 08:57 PM
My opinion is that RTTH Eddie hits weak compared to default (Holy Smoke) Eddie, despite the more impressive attack stat. Samurai Eddie still hits even harder, but isn't as good of an auto farm Eddie as Soldier Eddie. There's probably some variance in skill damage modifiers that aren't being taken into account.

If you need a little extra health for Samurai Eddie, you could probably substitute in a yellow set like boost / warp / etc. instead of 3x strength sets. The yellows have a little less health than a health set, but more attack. Plus who doesn't like building fury faster? Sammy Eddie still hits hard, and is nearly unstoppable with Alliance General and Rocket Dog.

aur0ra85
11-05-2016, 09:02 PM
My opinion is that RTTH Eddie hits weak compared to default (Holy Smoke) Eddie, despite the more impressive attack stat. Samurai Eddie still hits even harder, but isn't as good of an auto farm Eddie as Soldier Eddie. There's probably some variance in skill damage modifiers that aren't being taken into account.

If you need a little extra health for Samurai Eddie, you could probably substitute in a yellow set like boost / warp / etc. instead of 3x strength sets. The yellows have a little less health than a health set, but more attack. Plus who doesn't like building fury faster? Sammy Eddie still hits hard, and is nearly unstoppable with Alliance General and Rocket Dog.

They took the rush talismans out of the game :(
I had two. Prob got drunk and sold the level 40 one. I kept the level 50 lol. I'd like to try this setup, but it's no longer an option unfortunately. I sub a max skill hellhound for the rocket dog. I peeked at my souls tho, and I've finally got a rocket dog coming at some point ;)

Reeb99
11-05-2016, 09:21 PM
They'll be back as soon as Night City drops, at least that is my assumption. You can still get boost talismans in underworld at least. I'm still using a warp set on my Alliance General, didn't change at all.