PDA

View Full Version : Removeable skill shards

RACCAR-8000
11-06-2016, 06:30 AM
Just like talisman ! With nerfs and new characters coming out I can't choose were to put my skill shards. What if I put them on a lesser guy and then I regret it . Or I simply get bored with a toon and want to play with my other guys. Also you could see just how good a character would be before you commit to spending those rare gems.

Ian
11-07-2016, 01:55 PM
it would be nice if we could chose which skill they upgrade rather than it be random

T-Bird
11-12-2016, 09:49 PM
Not a totally insane idea, or a way to reset skill shards.
Perhaps a way to pay ironite and reset all skill shards or refund them from a chosen character. It could even be expensive just as long as it is possible.
In that case it would be preferable is skill shards were automatically refunded for character who get major tweeks in an update as well.
None of this is impossible and would help players to dare to try new ways of playing the game.

Monte47
03-20-2017, 07:31 PM
I love this idea. When I first started last year I put a bunch of them on my Run to the Hills Eddie. I don't use him, would be cool if you could slot them back out like the talisman

Sidney
03-20-2017, 07:40 PM
I say you should be able to remove them from a character for the same amount of gold you would get if you sold one of them from your inventory. Which is 1,000 gold pieces... :D Fair is fair!!!

scott-5496
03-21-2017, 10:09 AM
It would be great to have this but I fear that it is one way to keep us playing troopers and buying SS...or compete in events with SS included. It is a good way for them to keep the money coming in. My compromise would be that we get a set amount of SS resets each week - even 1 a week would help!

CanadianGoldenEagle
06-03-2017, 12:03 PM
The other problem is that a skill shard doesn't go back into your inventory if you sacrifice a character who has been upgraded with one. All the talismans do but the SS disappears completely with the character - I found out the hard way with a Sentinel Rock Golem that I'd upgraded during the Beta last year.

Inishmore
07-12-2017, 10:44 PM
Just a crazy idea: you can remove a certain amount of skill shards per week? I fully sharded my defence in PVP but now I'got new toons and have a new idea for a defence. The problem is, if I want my new defence sharded it will take about 3 months to get the 36 shards necessary! That is insane.

Why not make e.g. 5 skill shards per week removable. That would bring the 3 months down to one! It would also allow everybody to experiment way more with their pvp defence and hence make the game more exciting.

Scarecrow
07-14-2017, 12:25 PM
I too agree NF should put some kind of system in place to remove skill shards. They are way too hard to come by for the most of us players and usually us new players put them on the wrong toons to start.

Make it expensive
Make it limited per week
make it randomly removed like when we use them

It takes way too long to collect enough to shard an Eddie, I still don't have a fully sharded Ed and only 3 troopers are fully sharded for me. Either that or make them easier to come by, it seems like I get one every other week maybe 3/month currently.

Sidney
07-15-2017, 05:11 AM
I love the idea to remove skill shards, but sadly in the past this idea has been shot down several times. Not sure if NF will ever budge on this one. If they were removable people would experiment more with what seems to be useless toons. I think back to when I thought Warrior Possessed rockets were a waste of time and... BOY WAS I WRONG!!! Would love to experiment with new toons, but I'm not going to do it unless I know it's a good deal!

HeadOnFire
08-18-2017, 06:40 PM
I understand that a freemium game needs to have a "grind" in order to keep people paying money, but the way Nodding Frog is doing it is going to make more people quit the game than pay for it. They don't even fix bugs FFS! Let alone facilitate the building of our randomly acquired characters

slash1424
08-19-2017, 02:33 AM
I agree it would be awesome to remove shards. That being said, it's not that bad. When I started the game the game, about 3~4 months ago, I was spending trooper badges on souls and not getting good char. I stopped that and only spend them on skill shards. Same with pvp. I let my souls build up and spend 10 or more at a time while gring the game. I upgeaded talisman for the toons I had and the game got easier. I will have 3 eddies fully sharded, including GRE (28 skill shards), by this weekend. I also have 4 toons fully sharded. It's tough at first but they come over time and the souls build up by just playing the game. When i got my first eternal (wrath, took about 6 weeks to save up) I had enough to max him that day. My advise is to read the forum about the char you want to shard and go from there. There is a ton of info here and I think everyone is really helpful here as well. guess it depends on how much you play as well. I am a daily player. I run my 50 troopers every day so that helps. As a last tip I think maxing your talisman is better than maxing your skills on your toons, early in the game.

slash-2083

HeadOnFire
12-03-2017, 04:45 AM
/signed

It's so easy for new players to blow their skill shards on characters that aren't strong or competitive later in the game, and some of the nerfs this game has seen (Speed of Light Eddie is an obvious example) can easily make experienced players reluctant to start sharding a potentially powerful character for fear that they'll be annihilated by an unforeseen nerf somewhere down the road.

I know the whole point is to keep us grinding out new characters, so I don't expect NF to allow skill shards to be freely swappable like talismans are. But there are easy and simple compromises that have been described in this thread and others. Applying a (hopefully reasonable) ironite cost and weekly limit to shard removals would make this game a lot easier to enjoy and would in no way stop people from grinding out arena/trooper points -- or spending cash, for the people who actually do that.

Relany
12-04-2017, 07:14 AM
The idea for removable skill shards is bad. Most of the people here are building piles of skill shards, because we ave no use of them, just like me. I have all characters that I use fully sharded plus a bunch of some other characters that I don't use too.
I think for another idea. What about to allow the use of more skill shards on characters? Like to use a skill shard on a character on general and it to improve all stats by 2%, just like an example?

Browno
12-04-2017, 11:22 AM
The idea for removable skill shards is bad. Most of the people here are building piles of skill shards, because we ave no use of them, just like me. I have all characters that I use fully sharded plus a bunch of some other characters that I don't use too.
I think for another idea. What about to allow the use of more skill shards on characters? Like to use a skill shard on a character on general and it to improve all stats by 2%, just like an example?

This idea would completely mess the game up with unbalance. We have talismans to boost character stats.
Imagine a char doing 100% more dmg because you had shards lying around. Shards are pretty easy to come by anyways and there are a few hidden gems that are really good maxed out.