PDA

View Full Version : Maxed out Acrid Smoke

Beeboo
07-26-2016, 06:14 PM

Now I can max the other skills.

aur0ra85
07-26-2016, 06:18 PM

Congrats. :)
I got lucky too. It does like 20000 splash damage per character sometimes.

Beeboo
07-26-2016, 06:22 PM
Splash damage?

aur0ra85
07-26-2016, 06:33 PM
Splash damage?

Area of effect for the Fury skill. 3 hits per enemy at like 7000 per hit depending on their defence stat and whether I've gotten the passive damage buff from the hellhound. So totalled that's like 60000 to 80000 damage per enemy wave sometimes.

Edit: never mind, skill ignores defence stat.

Bob.A.Smith-6226
07-31-2016, 08:42 PM
That is the nature of chemical warfare tactics.

Gonzo
07-31-2016, 08:45 PM
I'm pretty sure I've NEVER used Acrid Smoke LOL

aur0ra85
07-31-2016, 09:28 PM
I find soldier Eddie a super awkward build TBH. Not that great a character. His Heal is priceless, but his damage is absolutely awful. Like one of the worst attackers I've used. I'll take him to five stars when I find the shards, but I only use him as a complimentary Eddie, there are so many more better out there.

Gonzo
07-31-2016, 09:49 PM
My Soldier Eddie does amazing damage, he get's better with time. I did not like it at the begining also.

Give him an opportunity, he won't let you down.

Vaseodin
07-31-2016, 10:56 PM
Man, are you kidding me? Soldier Eddie does the highest damage of any character I've seen. Period. I have a Trooper with a lvl 100 soldier and nothing stops him. He is the one I use to move forward in the story, as my 3 level 100 characters are not strong enough to advance on their own. I've played just about every Eddie (not vampire) and he and cyborg absolutely destroy.

Trystangst
07-31-2016, 10:59 PM
It really depends on his Talismans and support. My Eddie does rather pedestrian damage too - but that's because he's being sandwiched between two units who only have a single stat tied to their attacks, which makes Talisman choice a lot simpler.

BillLion
07-31-2016, 11:31 PM
Man, are you kidding me? Soldier Eddie does the highest damage of any character I've seen. Period. I have a Trooper with a lvl 100 soldier and nothing stops him. He is the one I use to move forward in the story, as my 3 level 100 characters are not strong enough to advance on their own. I've played just about every Eddie (not vampire) and he and cyborg absolutely destroy.

Do you mind sharing your build for him and which attacks you focus on? He is great because of his versatility but that also makes him difficult to master. It seems to me that focusing on either damage attacks OR magic rather than both would be more effective, but I need to learn how to maximize him.

SARGERAS
07-31-2016, 11:52 PM
Soldier Eddie gets stupid damage because it's possible getting the second+ Fury while his 3-turn super buff is still on, dealing great damage. And his basic attack depends completely on Talismans. Leveled to 5 and it's pretty good stuff.

jpmusic
08-01-2016, 12:00 AM
Soldier Eddie is really great! Takes a while to build him up but if you manage to get him to a decent level, give him the correct talismans... He is a total war machine! Currently building him up.

aur0ra85
08-01-2016, 12:38 AM
U guys are delusional lol. I'll try out some new buffs on soldier Eddie, but so far from about the 30 I've tried he hits like a girl lmao. Have you tried a max samurai before, max axis commander, max purple harpy, max nomad, etc? You can bully underworld on madness with those characters. Are you guys using passive strategies?
What have you got for talismans on soldier Eddie?
Edit:

Lol. Madness.
I'm doing well for shards here.
That's a basic attack with a passive buff btw on beezlewhateverhisnameis on madness difficulty. And I've gotten upwards of 40000 damage a hit with his basic as well.

Trystangst
08-01-2016, 12:45 AM
U guys are delusional lol. I'll try out some new buffs on soldier Eddie, but so far from about the 30 I've tried he hits like a girl lmao. Have you tried a max samurai before, max axis commander, max purple harpy, max nomad, etc? You can bully underworld on madness with those characters. Are you guys using passive strategies?
Edit:

That's a basic attack with a passive buff btw on beezlewhateverhisnameis on madness difficulty.

Soldier Eddie everyone gets for free.

All the ones you listed are lucky draws from rare souls...especially the Nomad and Axis Commander which are native 5* and exceedingly rare.

I love the Nomad and the Axis Commander..I use them as Troopers when I can. But Soldier Eddie I *have*. The other two I will never see, what with my never seeing a 4*, let alone 5* from rare souls.

aur0ra85
08-01-2016, 12:52 AM
Soldier Eddie everyone gets for free.

All the ones you listed are lucky draws from rare souls...especially the Nomad and Axis Commander which are native 5* and exceedingly rare.

I love the Nomad and the Axis Commander..I use them as Troopers when I can. But Soldier Eddie I *have*. The other two I will never see, what with my never seeing a 4*, let alone 5* from rare souls.

Okay, if you guys say so...

Gonzo
08-01-2016, 01:16 AM
Soldier Eddie is a top character, but he's not a power house. He's not the heaviest hitter. He's not even in the top 5 heaviest hitter Eddies.
aur0ra85 is right about that. But Soldier Eddie brings a lot of things into battle, not just damage. That's what makes him so good. He's a "party enhancer".

For example, Regular Eddie does way more damage than Soldier Eddie and you get him for free too. And when I say way more damage I mean WAAAAAAY more damage.
But he lacks versatility, something the Soldier has to spare.

Where aur0ra85 is wrong in my opinion is saying that there are characters that let you bully Underworld Madness. I've completed madness, I even unlocked the secret location and let me tell you, you get nowhere "bullying" madness. You might be able to farm some levels, but if you solely rely on damage, you won't get to far.

IMHO Acrid Smoke is not a good attack, I have zero magic talismans on my Eddie. I focused on health and Attack.

Right now his talismans are a mess, since I'm trying different ones on every character, but you can get an idea.

aur0ra85
08-01-2016, 01:51 AM
As soon as I traded in my Max Pharaoh king dog for a 4 star allied soldier with the same talismans, I started bullying yes lol. Reflect shield is by far the most OP buff in the game I've come across. It's way better than any talisman buff or passive you can get and its only 4 power. As far as I'm concerned, the ability is flat out broken. I can't yet bully the two brothers or the devil yet, but it's coming, my talismans are a ways from max still.
Edit:
I completly understand why soldier Eddie is so popular, he slots right in a passive party and all of a sudden it's cheese (I did it myself for a while).
I will note however, my soldier Eddie is four stars, and although I'd love to level him to five stars, the upgrade shards are so incredibly hard to find for him that it will be a long time yet.
I will also note, like many other characters that are 3 stars and seem amazing when you get them, they are completely overshadowed by an out of the box 4 or 5 star character, and the extra talisman slots are priceless.
Lastly I'll point out that on my list of troopers approximately 30/50 have five star characters, only two have a max soldier Eddie. Someone earlier pointed out that five star characters are far less likely to be pulled out of the soul book, at this point I feel statistically that couldn't be more incorrect. Most people would level soldier Eddie to five if they could, but most end up with other five star characters much much sooner.
Each to their own.
I short, be careful what you spend those upgrade shards and upgrade talismans on, what seems OP now, might feel like a lemon later.

Gonzo
08-01-2016, 02:08 AM
Putting up shields is bullying?!?!?!?! Bro, Eddie will get mad at you!!!! Hahahahaha.

Using shields is not bullying, is taking advantage of a broken mechanic, which I did. In fact I posted how I finished Underworld using only 4*s. And I'm pretty sure I was one of the first to do it without 5* characters :P

I think they are SUPER broken and need a nerf. If they change the cost to 7 energy it would still be ok. I say 7 because with a 2 turn duration you would still need an ability to raise your power and use it non stop, and most likely you won't be able to cast in on the first turn. At least it should be that way in PVP.

Trystangst
08-01-2016, 02:11 AM
You think that 4 and 5* units are common from the soul book? I'd like to see some serious numbers to back that claim up.

Having more than half your Troopers rocking 5* units isn't really an indicator of how many are being pulled - only Nomad, Axis Commander and Allied Commander can be guaranteed to be 5* pulls. Everything else can be pulled earlier and upgraded.

Also, as you pointed out people are struggling to get the mats to 5* Soldier Eddie - the fact that you don't see a lot of him doesn't necessarily mean that people don't want him 5*. It could just be a material scarcity. I have a 5* unit right now that I upgraded. I could have a second if I really wanted to. Both were 3* 1 when my Eddie was 4* 80. I'd love to 5* him, but I have ZERO 4* yellow shards.

aur0ra85
08-01-2016, 02:44 AM
You think that 4 and 5* units are common from the soul book? I'd like to see some serious numbers to back that claim up.

Having more than half your Troopers rocking 5* units isn't really an indicator of how many are being pulled - only Nomad, Axis Commander and Allied Commander can be guaranteed to be 5* pulls. Everything else can be pulled earlier and upgraded.

Also, as you pointed out people are struggling to get the mats to 5* Soldier Eddie - the fact that you don't see a lot of him doesn't necessarily mean that people don't want him 5*. It could just be a material scarcity. I have a 5* unit right now that I upgraded. I could have a second if I really wanted to. Both were 3* 1 when my Eddie was 4* 80. I'd love to 5* him, but I have ZERO 4* yellow shards.

It's the synergy with samurai Eddie and the hell dog, their shortcomings are high damage dealing magic units, the second I started reflecting the damage back, the party became unstoppable. I imagine the same would be true with other glass cannons (I don't consider Samurai to be a glass cannon as he's quite tanks, but the enemies deal so much damage here surviving two or three rounds can be a challenge). The fact that the hellhound has a passive buff for samurai Eddies attack, and can cast a mega multi heal along with that life drain, and he hurts when he hits. Team has a long ways to go, but my blue talismans are all max now allowing me to dump into CR eddie. Soldier Eddie is one of my favs, but honestly he has no place amongst these Titans.
The pharaoh King dog is great and when I find a new party he works in (that's better than my current one), I'll pull him out of mothballs too (ie axis commander, soldier Eddie/CR, Pharaoh Eddie).
I still want a purple dog, a pharaoh dog, all the children, and a blue bat.

aur0ra85
08-01-2016, 02:47 AM

I. My experience they are much easier to come by than enough shards to level soldier Eddie. AND I get to pick overpowered talismans that synergize well with my 5 star characters, in addition, levelling a red character to five stars is much easier.

Vaseodin
08-01-2016, 04:56 AM
Do you mind sharing your build for him and which attacks you focus on? He is great because of his versatility but that also makes him difficult to master. It seems to me that focusing on either damage attacks OR magic rather than both would be more effective, but I need to learn how to maximize him.

I don't use Soldier Eddie. One of my troopers has him at level 100 as his champion and he does insane damage. My Trooper's name is TYR-1037 . He has done upwards of 13k in a single normal attack and over 30k with special move ( I believe I saw close to 40k one time). This is against 5 star characters, and not with class advantage and not with physical or magical charge. I read someone's post about Samurai Eddie doing a lot of damage, but from what I've seen it's only with the right conditions (class advantage, special skill, PHYSICAL CHARGE, etc). I have NEVER seen a Samurai Eddie knock a villain without class advantage for even HALF of what I've seen Soldier Eddie do. And I have a lvl 100 Samurai and several troopers with level 100 Samurai Eddies as Champions. None come close. So anyone saying he isn't even top 5 in the game, please tell me which character (or which 5) are better. I would LOVE to know.

Trystangst
08-01-2016, 05:08 AM
Found his Eddie.
Looks like HP and ATK focus.

8232+12586 HP
651+3239 ATK
460+652 DEF
452 MAG
460 MR
462+343 Spec

Barrage lvl 5
Bullet Trace lvl 6
War-Torn lvl 3
Acrid Smoke lvl 6

5*/50 Strength Talisman (Fierce)
5*/50 Strength Talisman (Fierce)
5*/50 Rush Talisman (Will)
5*/50 Rush Talisman (Will)
5*/50 Guardian Talisman (Fierce)
5*/50 Guardian Talisman (Fierce)

Vaseodin
08-01-2016, 05:13 AM
Edit:

That's a basic attack with a passive buff btw on beezlewhateverhisnameis on madness difficulty. And I've gotten upwards of 40000 damage a hit with his basic as well.

Yeah so your attack in that pic includes a BUFF which has to use up another character's move or has to be used and lose a turn in order to do that damage) and possibly a CLASS ADVANTAGE which requires your enemy to be green (not common for bosses). I am saying I've seen Soldier Eddie do close to that WITHOUT A BUFF or class advantage. There are plenty of characters that can do what you just posted WITHOUT A BUFF, including the very basic mummy dog (whose basic attack can do upwards of 12-14k without a buff or class advantage). I'm not saying the Samurai is not good. He is one of my main Eddies. I'm just saying from a damage standpoint and versatility standpoint Soldier Eddie outclasses him completely. I don't use the soldier because he's not my style, but I respect him for what he is: The most overpowered character in the game. And everybody gets one.

aur0ra85
08-01-2016, 10:09 AM
It's a passive, and his talismans were nowhere near max. No class advantage. He will do 20k without the passive, but it doesn't matter. I'm nearly positive I'll get him to one shot beezlewhateverhisnameis when he's max. And I'd love to have a 5 star soldier Eddie, but I don't think it's going to be in the cards for a long ass time lol.

Stormseye
08-01-2016, 07:20 PM
One of my troopers runs a similar setup on their Soldier Eddie

8232+12586
651+3272
460+652
462+343

Guardian (fierce) 50 5* x4
Warp (will) 50 5* x2

I used this on a NOTB run in Madness and hit beast for 36k special without his self buffs.

Soldier Eddie is all about utility and can still harder than anything else I have used.

Like Gonzo I never use Acrid Smoke and was lucky enough to max out Barrage and War Torn before using too many skill shards.