PDA

View Full Version : Getting 4* or 5* Characters

zamasu
07-26-2016, 06:32 PM
Is anybody else having a hard time getting good characters? I've probably used 20 rare souls and I have only gotten ONE 4* character. and I get the same characters every time, SAME 3* CHARACTERS!!

Gonzo
07-26-2016, 11:20 PM
I got my first 5* yesterday and it was from the legendary soul that you get when you finish Underworld on Madness, so I would say it's normal. I've opened way more than 20 regular crystal souls and got only one 4*, and it was yesterday.

Trystangst
07-26-2016, 11:51 PM
I got my first 5* yesterday and it was from the legendary soul that you get when you finish Underworld on Madness, so I would say it's normal. I've opened way more than 20 regular crystal souls and got only one 4*, and it was yesterday.

Yeah - it's pretty rare. Like 1 or 2% likely.

The ironic part is the only place I've seen to get the legendary soul is clearing Underworld on Madness - and to do so you already need a team of 4/5*. Rendering that soul largely irrelevant.

Gonzo
07-27-2016, 12:37 AM
You can do it using only 4*, but you need really good talismans.

Trystangst
07-27-2016, 12:59 AM
You can do it using only 4*, but you need really good talismans.

I saw you managed that, but even then...you're sitting on a team of 4* 80s with 4*/5* talismans.

You get that legendary legendary soul, use it, and......out pops a 4* level 1 version of a unit you already have.

If that happened....

Gonzo
07-27-2016, 01:18 AM
It's not hard to rank up 3*s... But you have to grind a lot. With the grind comes the gold, and with the gold I started leveling up talismans. Wich are the most important thing, even more important than stars.

I got a 5* Alliance General Sentinel with the legendary soul. I was hoping for the Magus one. But I can't complain.

Trystangst
07-27-2016, 03:08 AM
I don't see how you could have cleared Underworld Hard, let alone Madness, with 4*. This is insane. Every level has the "haha I cancel your buffs" angel, the "haha I take all the damage for my friends" angel, who ALSO TAUNTS everything, and every single bad guy has like 100,000 HP and hits for 7,000 thru Reflect (for the 3 seconds it's up before Mr. Cancel wipes it out and his friend chain stuns you)

*edit* Not doubting you, Gonzo. Just venting at this nonsense.

Vaseodin
07-27-2016, 05:32 AM
I don't see how you could have cleared Underworld Hard, let alone Madness, with 4*. This is insane. Every level has the "haha I cancel your buffs" angel, the "haha I take all the damage for my friends" angel, who ALSO TAUNTS everything, and every single bad guy has like 100,000 HP and hits for 7,000 thru Reflect (for the 3 seconds it's up before Mr. Cancel wipes it out and his friend chain stuns you)

I agree. I pushed through Underworld hard over 3 days using Troopers and the last 4 stages cost me over 200 crystals just in revive penalties. I just don't see how it's possible. And all for nothing, because the first stage in Madness is not doable on auto or even with human control without a full lineup of 5 star characters.

Xilix69@hotmail.com
07-27-2016, 05:35 AM
I have opened 4 of each of the weekly Souls, using the Social Points, & have yet to get anything but a 3 Star from them. That is A LOT of farming for weak characters.
Those that have made it through Underworld Madness obviously have more skill than myself. I just don't see how it is possible without 5 Star toons. :/

Gonzo
07-27-2016, 07:12 AM
I agree. I pushed through Underworld hard over 3 days using Troopers and the last 4 stages cost me over 200 crystals just in revive penalties. I just don't see how it's possible. And all for nothing, because the first stage in Madness is not doable on auto or even with human control without a full lineup of 5 star characters.

I'm farming Circle of Fire on Madness because it gives you 4700 gold every time. I did it. If you want to check the talismans I used you can go here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/LegacyoftheBeast/comments/4umzj5/i_defeated_underworld_madness_using_only_4_you/ or http://imgur.com/a/dlx6e

Fight
End
Rewards
Legendary Soul

Gonzo
07-27-2016, 07:31 AM

The worst part of the level is the first half. You don't see many Magus Demons (the ones that removes the shield) after that. As I said on the post, it is a super cheesy strat, as you do most of the damage only by reflecting it, I'm not proud of it :P but it seemed impossible for me to get 4*... not even dreaming of getting a good 5*.
Regarding the Magus Demons, this is where Soldier Eddie comes into play with his roullete, tons of power points. I had to cast the shield in almost every turn in most of those fights. Sentinel Allied Soldier does close to none damage, but has a lot of HP and the most important thing is his ability to remove debuffs. When you play with reflector shields the more HP you have, the more damage you'll tank. Remember that the shield reduces damage by 50%, so a 2k attack on a 13k or 15k character is not that much.

Let's say you tank 4 2k attacks, 8k/2=4k, you are doing (without even attacking) 2k damage to EVERY opponent EVERY round.

For those who say it's impossible, you are not leveling your talismans. Simple as that. Leveling Talismans opens a whole new game.

Gonzo
07-27-2016, 07:33 AM

I still can't auto Madness levels (not even the first one), but I can easily farm them. I posted a few screens, let me know if need more proofs ;)

Jennie-5128
07-27-2016, 01:48 PM
I just spent 3750 trooper points on a lousy 3* axis tin hat soldier which is exactly the same lousy 3* axis tin hat soldier I got last week for 3750 trooper points. I could cry.

Qik
07-27-2016, 02:00 PM
I could have sworn that the final daily reward on the list used to be a legendary soul and that it was changed. Sucks because I am 2 days away from it now.

Trystangst
07-27-2016, 02:25 PM
As fate would have it, after reading Gonzo's team make up I pulled TWO of the green Allied Soliders from 2* souls this morning. So I can always fall back on that if need be.

Fudjo
07-29-2016, 08:23 AM
Talismans are everything in this game. I've found that it just isn't worth it to spend gold leveling up characters because you get XP for free in battles. Instead, spend that money on evolving and leveling up talismans. Sell your level up shards and use the money on upgrading talismans.

I haven't gotten that far yet (though I'm kinda close), but I can totally believe that 4-star characters can beat the Beast at Madness difficulty. You're going to need 5-star talismans to do it, though. Oh and probably an Allied Soldier. Holy cow Allied Soldiers are good.

jpmusic
08-01-2016, 02:13 AM
Talismans are everything in this game. I've found that it just isn't worth it to spend gold leveling up characters because you get XP for free in battles. Instead, spend that money on evolving and leveling up talismans. Sell your level up shards and use the money on upgrading talismans.

I haven't gotten that far yet (though I'm kinda close), but I can totally believe that 4-star characters can beat the Beast at Madness difficulty. You're going to need 5-star talismans to do it, though. Oh and probably an Allied Soldier. Holy cow Allied Soldiers are good.

Allied Soldiers are good allies, I used to have a blue one. So far it's sad that I've redeemed like A hundred souls and I can't get one of them, or even another Eddie... besides the three you get for free by completing the game.

Stormseye
08-01-2016, 04:40 PM
Far from impossible. I tore through Madness in two days using my setup of 4* with 4* talismans. In fact sometimes Madness seemed even easier than Hard. Solder Eddie, Allied Solider Magus (Reflect), Assassin Possessed Mine (heals /Buff Prolong) The only thing I had some difficulty with was NOTB. I spend almost 40 shards on revives just because they hit so hard even with heals from Eddie and Mine. Just kept my shield up at all times and timed my buffs. It can be done though and several of them I had to play again to make sure I had 3 gold in all events to unlock the secret areas.

Vaseodin
08-01-2016, 05:14 PM
I'm farming Circle of Fire on Madness because it gives you 4700 gold every time. I did it. If you want to check the talismans I used you can go here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/LegacyoftheBeast/comments/4umzj5/i_defeated_underworld_madness_using_only_4_you/ or http://imgur.com/a/dlx6e

Fight
End
Rewards
Legendary Soul

I believe you. I just don't use those characters.

Trystangst
08-02-2016, 12:10 PM
Finally cleared Underworld Madness last night and think to myself, "Finally! I will get a 4* or 5* from the Book!)

What do I get? 4* Angel of Pain. A (currently) broken unit that I can't easily use.

The game continues to mock me.

BillLion
08-02-2016, 12:17 PM
Finally cleared Underworld Madness last night and think to myself, "Finally! I will get a 4* or 5* from the Book!)

What do I get? 4* Angel of Pain. A (currently) broken unit that I can't easily use.

The game continues to mock me.

That's rough. Sorry. I hope they adjust the legendary souls to only give 5*.

But congrats on finishing! I'm trying to break through Underworld Hard at the moment.

Jennie-5128
08-02-2016, 12:19 PM
Awwww Trystangst, that's sucktastic :(

Qed
08-02-2016, 12:28 PM
I got a 4* red troll (?), that unit that seems like a trash bin with arms and legs.

Gonzo
08-02-2016, 12:31 PM
I don't know if this is good or bad news but the Troll might get a rework (soon?), magic and attack stats seems to be yuxtaposed. He's not dealing much damage right now.

Sorry to hear that Trystangst

aur0ra85
08-02-2016, 11:48 PM
The red bat is broken yes, but wow what a passive he has :O

Trystangst
08-02-2016, 11:52 PM
I got the blue one...his passive is nice for getting rid of that annoying healshield, but there's really no place on my team for him right now, especially with the way the angels are broken currently.

aur0ra85
08-03-2016, 12:20 AM
The one on the dice level in underpants does crazy damage.... I wonder what talismans it's got?

hanZ
08-15-2016, 05:26 PM
I also got just 4* common crap with the legendary soul from beating beast on madness. But with 4* soldier eddy and 4* the blue reflect soldier + whatever damage dealer you can beat every level in the game. So i don't care for the absurdly low chances of getting something useful out of souls and the complete impossibility to get 3*evo shards at the moment. you can have some fun beating the beast with the imp, or a pharaoh head at 4*. but to be honest: i was able to level my axis bomber boy (red) to 5* pre-patch. he does insane damage and I would love to see the potential of the other toons at 5*. But won't happen, i guess

GaiusVagor
08-19-2016, 03:00 PM
There's definitely an element of luck involved. I have only bought one set of 10 rare souls, the rest of what I have are from drops. I have (7) 4* characters, (22) 3* characters (including several Wickerdog Kings and Allied Soldiers, not including the Eddies you get from the story), and I got my first 5* yesterday from a dropped rare soul. I asked about duplicate characters before, and was told that there will be a use for them in a future update, so I'm keeping anything 3* and above until that happens.

jpmusic
08-20-2016, 04:07 AM
So far I've redeemed more than 40 rare souls, hundreds of regular souls, my Legendary.... AND STILL NO 5* CHARACTER. I've got some very powerful 4* but after more than a month of playing I just can't understand why I can't get any 5* out of the Book of Souls.

Dutch
08-20-2016, 06:13 AM
Lol Jp I've done easily over a 100 rare souls and no 5*. Think they forget to hit the 5* switch on our accounts