PDA

View Full Version : How to evolve to 5 stars?!?

Darthsleader
11-06-2016, 10:22 PM
Hi All,

I've been playing since the game was released and have about 20 level-80 characters. Anyone have any tips on getting 3-star shards to evolve to 5-star characters? You need 6 3-star shards of their color, and NINE colorless shards- I've been playing for several months and have found TWO total. I'm checking the drop info and playing worlds dozens of times. I never get them. I run all my stamina out and never get a single one, for months now. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Darth

Esquatcho
11-06-2016, 10:39 PM
For 3* coloured evo shards, you need to do the lord of light dungeons of the corresponding colour, levels VII to X. Farming X, you can usually get 1-3 a day if you dump all your sands into it.

For 3* rainbow evo shards, you want to be playing madness level on battlefield or underworld. I find I get a decent drop farming a stage like 'Rapid Fire' or 'Dogs of War' on battlefield madness. But higher levels will give more (But my team isnt as reliable autofarming them)

Aristo4
11-06-2016, 10:39 PM
Hi and welcome,

Colored 3* evo shards you can get on the time rifts + on secret locations if you're lucky

2 star colored evo shards are more frequently dropped in floors 4-6
3 star colored evo shards are more frequently dropped on floors 7-9
3 star colored evo shards are substantially more frequently dropped on floor 10
In all floors and for all star rarities, colorless evo shards are slightly more common than colored evo shards

rainbow 3* evo shards , you can get both on the time rifts and on every world except for Ailing Kingdom, on madness difficulty.

In fact the rainbows drop so often nowdays in battlefield and underworld that you can get 9....in a day.

aur0ra85
11-06-2016, 10:50 PM
Yeah this weekend I upgraded about a half dozen toons to 5* with all the colourless runes I picked up. The coloured ones are few and far between. You're gonna have to grind it out on Lord Of Light the highest level you can beat. Levels 7-10 give you 3* as said above. Good luck sir!

Darthsleader
11-07-2016, 01:41 AM
Guys, thanks for the advice. But... I've spent all day playing; I keep running down my stamina. Probably 40 battles or more, just today. All in Madness Battlefield. ZERO 3-star evo shards. In fact, the only evo shard I found at all was a 1-star colorless. Again, am I doing something wrong?!?

Aristo4
11-07-2016, 01:51 AM
Guys, thanks for the advice. But... I've spent all day playing; I keep running down my stamina. Probably 40 battles or more, just today. All in Madness Battlefield. ZERO 3-star evo shards. In fact, the only evo shard I found at all was a 1-star colorless. Again, am I doing something wrong?!?

Hmm...was it the endboss or random stages? if your team allows you to go to underword madness its definitely better, just imagined since you got no 5's underworld would be harder for you.
Shadows in the valley, prisoner, cast die, and game of death are my destinations usually.

FlyingV
11-07-2016, 01:58 AM

It took me at least two MONTHS to raise a single 5 star character, and I had to win the game with only one 4 star toon and maybe one 4 star eddie. The drop rates are better here and you have the lord lf light dungeons to farm shards for thr character you want to level but even with the breaks you new guys have compared to those we had, it will take you weeks if you haven't been lucky enough to pull a 4* character randomly.

Each evoloution shows you need 3 types of evo shards (example: six 1* blue, six 2* blue, six 2* evo), so if you look at the amount of shards it's like this:

1*-2* x shards to level character to max + evo crystals to level to 2*
2*-3* x shards to level character to max (Level 40) + evo crystals to level to 3*
3*-4* x shards to level character to max (Level 60) + evo crystals to level to 4*
4*-5* x shards to level character to max (Level 80) + evo crystals to level to 5*

The evo crystals alone for 4* to 5* (six 3* color crystal, nine 2* color crystal, nine 3* evo crystal) could take a veteran player with 5* crew anything from days to a week of solid play. A beginner would need weeks, because you would need a team strong enough to complete the dungeons that offer such powerful items as rewards.

Esquatcho
11-07-2016, 07:00 AM

Thats gotta be bad luck man! I just ran 15 rounds (75 sands) of battlefield madness (Rapid Fire, the middle one in the 3rd stage) - Got 3 x 3* rainbow evo shards, 2 x 2* green evo shards, 1 x 2* rainbow evo shard + a heap of duplicate burning talismans and 3* green evo runes.

So, all I can say is keep plugging away and you'll get there. Also, if you can, farming underworld should do better for the 3* rainbow evo shards.

And of course, for the coloured ones, you have no choice but to do the Lord of Light dungeons. I did 10 rounds of the last level (X) today and got 4 x 3* assassin evo shards, though from experience that was a pretty good haul.

PerthEddie
11-07-2016, 07:17 AM
Dogs of War on Battlefield Madness is my go to auto farm level for 3* Colourless shards. Played through it with 30 Troopers today and picked up 5 of them. I just need to get into the dungeons now to try and get the red/blue/green 3* ones I need and I can level up a few more chars to 5*

FlyingV
11-07-2016, 10:34 AM
Sorry, darth... Missed the part on you being a vet.

I do not auto farm. By beating the highest level possible, I find that the three-star evo crystals have become way more abundant than when you and I started. Battlefield: Matter of Life & Death, and Underworld: Blood Brothers both yield 3* evo crystals and 3* rainbow runes for that matter. The more challenging the difficulty and the dungeon the higher the odds, hence I do the highest possible short of LotB, since it's too long and too much of a pain in the ass anymore.

aur0ra85
11-07-2016, 02:24 PM
Hmmmmmmm I wonder who I should level next?

https://s22.postimg.org/etv06bald/image.jpg

Hmmm.....

Aristo4
11-07-2016, 03:22 PM
Desert Golem :cool: