PDA

View Full Version : Nomad

Esquatcho
11-07-2016, 07:36 AM
Just pulled myself one of these 5* beauties....

But whats so good about him?

Single damage hitter, bit of attack boost for the team with the passive, but otherwise is it just the potential huge single hit damage (especially with class advantage)? I cant see vanish being hugely advantageous unless you have a real buffing type char...

Also, what talisman combo works best? True & random damage. Im guessing a set of assassins, 2 x strength & a health? Or better going 4xstrength + 2xhealth (and who cares if random damage pulls magic)?

Thanks!

Vertax616
11-07-2016, 08:00 AM
Congrats! He was my first 5* toon back in August. I equip him with 5 red, 1 green talisman. He is a very good single hitter also he deals true damage. His power skill is one of the best skills available in the game imo. Since my toon is maxed it is almost guaranteed to affect all of my chars, or sometimes 2 of them. Also his power skill hits everyone on enemy team and deals very good damage. He is my favourite ally.

Vertax616
11-07-2016, 08:12 AM
I forgot to add, I only put one green not two green talismans because he steals life with his basic attack so one green is enough to keep him alive. Also his power skill saved me so many times in the game...

PsychoEddie
11-07-2016, 08:44 AM

Single damage hitter, bit of attack boost for the team with the passive, but otherwise is it just the potential huge single hit damage (especially with class advantage)? I cant see vanish being hugely advantageous unless you have a real buffing type char...

Nomad is awesome. True damage as his basic attack plus a self-heal to boot as well as a chance at class advantage...without any cost...and that's just a start.

Add to that his secondary is AOE plus extras.

Esquatcho
11-07-2016, 12:54 PM
Cool, what talisman set do you use PsychoEddie?

And thanks Vertax!

PsychoEddie
11-07-2016, 05:01 PM
Cool, what talisman set do you use PsychoEddie?

Usually I prefer to use 3 sets, Iron SKILLED, Guardian FIERCE, and Health OVERWHELMING

Vertax616
11-07-2016, 05:16 PM
And thanks Vertax!

No problem!

Nekroliun
11-07-2016, 05:30 PM
Well today i got my 3rd nomad...

I have mine equipped with 5 strength fierce and 1 health overwhelming...

He does some pretty op damage for a char that still isnt maxed out!

PsychoEddie
11-07-2016, 06:53 PM
I forgot to add, I only put one green not two green talismans because he steals life with his basic attack so one green is enough to keep him alive. Also his power skill saved me so many times in the game...

Yeah, I only use two greens because I use 4* ones usually and use my 5* ones for weaker characters. I probably don't even need two 4* but I prefer to get as many sets working together as possible for any particular character, even when they aren't necessary, it's just a habit. If I used a Thorn or Explosive set I'd switch to using only one green.

PsychoEddie
11-07-2016, 07:00 PM
Well today i got my 3rd nomad...

I have mine equipped with 5 strength fierce and 1 health overwhelming...

He does some pretty op damage for a char that still isnt maxed out!

Yep, I'd love to have 2-3 of them. I'd gladly sell some other toons to make space in a heartbeat.

In PvP they'd be wicked-sick especially when combined with a toon that can steal/generate power.

Nekroliun
11-07-2016, 08:27 PM
Yep, I'd love to have 2-3 of them. I'd gladly sell some other toons to make space in a heartbeat.

In PvP they'd be wicked-sick especially when combined with a toon that can steal/generate power.

Well my base team is alliance general, nomad and soldier and i switch to grim reaper when soldier is hopeless and has 0 chance of survival.

But now i use 2 nomads, alliance general and soldier on the lord of light, vanish then alliance general then another vanish is op af...

konstifik
11-10-2016, 04:13 PM

Also, what talisman combo works best? True & random damage. Im guessing a set of assassins, 2 x strength & a health? Or better going 4xstrength + 2xhealth (and who cares if random damage pulls magic)?

Thanks!

Vanish is great! If you skill him up and/or have accuracy buffed, it will usually trigger for most or all of your team. If you use this as your last move of the round, you'll take no damage for a round. The passive 2-round ATK buff is great too, 50 % more damage for two rounds for him, plus additional damage for any other character that scales of ATK.

His basic skill only scales with attack so I think the assassin talisman would be a waste. Actually, when his power skill does magic damage, it doesn't seem to scale with magic either. The random damage type seems to be only a matter of deciding if the enemy's DEF or MR (or none of them for true damage) comes into play.

With five red and one green talisman his health get's pretty high and since his basic attack always heal for 15 % of max HP, he rarely get's low on health. So IMO, two strength set, a random red and the mandatory green is the way to go.

Arcturus
11-10-2016, 04:26 PM
His basic skill only scales with attack so I think the assassin talisman would be a waste. Actually, when his power skill does magic damage, it doesn't seem to scale with magic either. The random damage type seems to be only a matter of deciding if the enemy's DEF or MR (or none of them for true damage) comes into play.

With five red and one green talisman his health get's pretty high and since his basic attack always heal for 15 % of max HP, he rarely get's low on health. So IMO, two strength set, a random red and the mandatory green is the way to go.

His basic skill is true damage, so it should scale with attack & magic.

And that's very interesting (if true) about random damage. Anybody else look into this?

konstifik
11-10-2016, 05:17 PM
His basic skill is true damage, so it should scale with attack & magic.

Well, it doesn't. I have tested this both with talismans and by applying magic buff during battle without any increase in damage.

Has it ever been confirmed that true damage always should scale with both attack and magic? The only in-game info I've seen about true damage is that it ignores defense and magic resist. That doesn't actually imply it always scales of both attack and magic. It seems to me that it scales of one of them or in some cases both, and you sort of how to find out yourself how each characters true damage scales. If this is not how it is supposed to work, The Nomad's basic attack is bugged, because it definitely doesn't scale with magic.

LegoMech
11-10-2016, 05:29 PM
I have a maxed Nomad (Skills & Talisman maxed too) and I admit in the beginning I didn't see what was so great about him but now he is my go-to guy (also my only 5* besides Visions Eddie so that may be a factor though).

Anyway, the trick is to use his skill last in a round so he can Vanish all your allies. This is especially useful on LOL dungeons where the boss can heal himself or silence you when he hits. He also hits like a monster on his basic attack.

Nomad can be overkill for farming - use him on bosses and time his skill to ignore their biggest move. I do still use him for farming though because his attack boost makes my Soldier Eddie and Rocket Dog hit so hard they wipe out waves that wouldn't be killed if I had a different character in the 3rd slot.

My advice - One Green Talisman, the rest red, and max out his skills ASAP.

Aristo4
11-10-2016, 07:05 PM
Well, it doesn't. I have tested this both with talismans and by applying magic buff during battle without any increase in damage.

Has it ever been confirmed that true damage always should scale with both attack and magic? The only in-game info I've seen about true damage is that it ignores defense and magic resist. That doesn't actually imply it always scales of both attack and magic. It seems to me that it scales of one of them or in some cases both, and you sort of how to find out yourself how each characters true damage scales. If this is not how it is supposed to work, The Nomad's basic attack is bugged, because it definitely doesn't scale with magic.

Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB

As a general rule for all skills; if a skill says it scales with X stat, it means it scales with whatever that damage type would scale with and with that stat. So yes, his physical attacks all scale with attack and defense. That said, it doesn't mean that the attack scales evenly between all those stats... you may want to play around with having more attack or more defense from your talismans to find the balance between damage and survivability you want.

It should have been scaling with magic too, bugged :cool:

Arcturus
11-10-2016, 07:52 PM

So you're partly right. Just tested the Nomad with different talismans on green LoL level 6 (average damage is his basic attack (2 hits) over 6 attacks):

Magic Build Attack Build Zero magic
Total Attack: 813 1494 813
Total Magic: 997 316 316
Sum: 1810 1810 1129

Avg damage dealt: 2200 4100 1750

So it seems his attack does scale with both magic & attack, but attack is more important (although this test is flawed since the attack build is stronger than the magic build... and made more difficult due to the 2 red slots & high base attack he has)
[THEORY: warriors w/true damage scale more w/attack, but Assassins scale evenly]

I also tested magic & physical charge: they only apply to magic or physical attacks, not to true damage. You'll notice when you magic charge, all your characters get a little blue light on their hands. The next magic attack will consume that charge (that is, on your next turn, your PDK will hit harder and the blue light will go away for him). The light never goes away for the Nomad, because he's doing true damage. The same is true for physical charge - it won't effect the Nomad or any other true damage attacker.

Don't know how the mechanics of Random damage though.

konstifik
11-10-2016, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB
(quote)

It should have been scaling with magic too, bugged :cool:

Did you quote the right passage? Nothing in the text you quoted from Sparton says anything about true damage always scaling with magic.

Aristo4
11-10-2016, 09:52 PM
Did you quote the right passage? Nothing in the text you quoted from Sparton says anything about true damage always scaling with magic.

Yeh, wrong one, but cant find again what I meant to paste :P

Anyway,If there is no specific text saying otherwise, this is how the types of damage work:

Physical - Scales with your Attack stat and is reduced by the enemy's Defence stat.
Magical - Scales with your Magic stat and is reduced by the enemy's Magic Resist stat.
True - Scales with both Attack and Magic stat and ignores Defence and Magic Resist.

If it doesn't scale with magic at all on the Nomad, it could be bugged and the magic scalling might be missing completely.
it's not the first time this happened if it did,since some other characters with missing scalings were fixed in previous updates too.

btw: I don't think a dev ever posted the above as guides somewhere...they're just compiled observations after some months in this game.
Correct me in case I'm so wrong :cool:

konstifik
11-11-2016, 07:05 AM
Yeh, wrong one, but cant find again what I meant to paste :P

Anyway,If there is no specific text saying otherwise, this is how the types of damage work:

Physical - Scales with your Attack stat and is reduced by the enemy's Defence stat.
Magical - Scales with your Magic stat and is reduced by the enemy's Magic Resist stat.
True - Scales with both Attack and Magic stat and ignores Defence and Magic Resist.

If it doesn't scale with magic at all on the Nomad, it could be bugged and the magic scalling might be missing completely.
it's not the first time this happened if it did,since some other characters with missing scalings were fixed in previous updates too.

btw: I don't think a dev ever posted the above as guides somewhere...they're just compiled observations after some months in this game.
Correct me in case I'm so wrong :cool:

Well, my point was that "true damage scales with both attack and magic" might be a misunderstanding coming from the "true damage ignores def and mr", which is the only official info on true damage that I have seen. If there is no official account saying that true damage always scale with both attack and magic, we can't take for granted that that is the way it should work.

konstifik
11-11-2016, 07:24 AM
So you're partly right. Just tested the Nomad with different talismans on green LoL level 6 (average damage is his basic attack (2 hits) over 6 attacks):

Magic Build Attack Build Zero magic
Total Attack: 813 1494 813
Total Magic: 997 316 316
Sum: 1810 1810 1129

Avg damage dealt: 2200 4100 1750

So it seems his attack does scale with both magic & attack, but attack is more important (although this test is flawed since the attack build is stronger than the magic build... and made more difficult due to the 2 red slots & high base attack he has)
[THEORY: warriors w/true damage scale more w/attack, but Assassins scale evenly]

I also tested magic & physical charge: they only apply to magic or physical attacks, not to true damage. You'll notice when you magic charge, all your characters get a little blue light on their hands. The next magic attack will consume that charge (that is, on your next turn, your PDK will hit harder and the blue light will go away for him). The light never goes away for the Nomad, because he's doing true damage. The same is true for physical charge - it won't effect the Nomad or any other true damage attacker.

Did you correct for affinity and his affinity advantage (which seems to be bugged)? Because I ran another test on my own and still my results show that his attack does not scale with magic. What I did was that I first removed all talismans and played him. A perfect attack against another warrior, without affinity advantage triggering, did 2431 damage. I then equipped three blue talismans to his unbound slots, still with the other three empty. This gave him a 1104 addition to the magic stat (plus some HP, defense and MR). A perfect attack against the same warrior, still without affinity advantage triggering, did 2431 damage again.

Nifelheim
11-11-2016, 07:37 AM

I've recently tested damage charge, and it charges all characters damage. Physical, magic, and true

konstifik
11-11-2016, 02:33 PM
Alright, just read the in-game help about damage, and it does say that true damage should scale off both attack and magic. Had only read the online FAQ before, which only mentions that true damage ignores defence and magic resist. So either The Nomad is some kind of exception or he is bugged.

The in-game help also explains random damage. The damage type is random but the damage dealt is always scaled off both attack and magic, so the randomness is if the defense or magic resist of the opponent, or none of them, comes into play. This seems consistent with what I noted when using his Mirage skill.

Arcturus
11-11-2016, 03:28 PM
Did you correct for affinity and his affinity advantage (which seems to be bugged)? Because I ran another test on my own and still my results show that his attack does not scale with magic. What I did was that I first removed all talismans and played him. A perfect attack against another warrior, without affinity advantage triggering, did 2431 damage. I then equipped three blue talismans to his unbound slots, still with the other three empty. This gave him a 1104 addition to the magic stat (plus some HP, defense and MR). A perfect attack against the same warrior, still without affinity advantage triggering, did 2431 damage again.

Interesting. I didn't account for affinity, but his hits (against all sentinels) were pretty consistent with each of my tests. Lots of tricky, subtle things going on here.

Either way, he seems to scale mostly, if not completely, with attack.

I've recently tested damage charge, and it charges all characters damage. Physical, magic, and true

damage charge from the death dog or assassin troll? That makes sense to me. (although last I checked - a few weeks ago - the Troll's damage charge wasn't working).

The in-game help also explains random damage. The damage type is random but the damage dealt is always scaled off both attack and magic, so the randomness is if the defense or magic resist of the opponent, or none of them, comes into play. This seems consistent with what I noted when using his Mirage skill. Thanks for finding this. Clears some things up.

konstifik
11-11-2016, 03:56 PM
Interesting. I didn't account for affinity, but his hits (against all sentinels) were pretty consistent with each of my tests. Lots of tricky, subtle things going on here.

The thing is his affinity advantage effect, which can trigger with his basic attack, seems to be bugged. It seems to give random affinity when triggered rather than positive affinity. It also seems like it affects the attack that it triggers on as well as the following two. So when testing his damage, one should only count the attacks where the affinity isn't triggered or already triggered from a previous attacks. Those are the conclusions I've made at least.

IceManFerrar
11-28-2016, 08:43 PM
Hello, can someone please tell me what exactly is "Affinity Advantage"? Thanks a lot!

Aristo4
11-28-2016, 09:20 PM
Hello, can someone please tell me what exactly is "Affinity Advantage"? Thanks a lot!

When Nomad has his Affinity Advantage, he hits every other class character like if he had a class advantage.

IceManFerrar
11-29-2016, 08:51 PM
When Nomad has his Affinity Advantage, he hits every other class character like if he had a class advantage.

Ah, got it. Thanks a lot, mate!

Schadenfreud-0217
11-30-2016, 02:12 PM
Well I've built mine with 3xVoid Talisman, 1 Green (Overwhelming), 2x Fierce Guardian (but Strength are better).
For maximum damage I'd recommend 3xAssassin Talisman (Barrier), 2x Strength Talisman (Fierce/Safeguard), 1 Green (Overwhelming/Ward). You should spread the defensive stats as you wish, but seeing as he's a Warrior and Mages have bonus against him I'd say focus on MR as a primary defensive stat.

konstifik
12-02-2016, 08:14 AM

That is how it should work, but is bugged. When he has affinity advantage, it's like a randomisation of the class, rather than always class advantage.

konstifik
12-02-2016, 08:18 AM
Well I've built mine with 3xVoid Talisman, 1 Green (Overwhelming), 2x Fierce Guardian (but Strength are better).
For maximum damage I'd recommend 3xAssassin Talisman (Barrier), 2x Strength Talisman (Fierce/Safeguard), 1 Green (Overwhelming/Ward). You should spread the defensive stats as you wish, but seeing as he's a Warrior and Mages have bonus against him I'd say focus on MR as a primary defensive stat.

His basic attack do maximum damage if you put four strength talismans, a random red talisman and a green talisman of the overwhelming type.

Schadenfreud-0217
12-06-2016, 03:50 PM
His basic attack do maximum damage if you put four strength talismans, a random red talisman and a green talisman of the overwhelming type.

You might be right, but I'll have to do the math.

konstifik
12-07-2016, 10:23 AM
You might be right, but I'll have to do the math.

Trust me. I've tried the exact combination of talismans you proposed and the basic attack is much weaker with them compared to a talisman build that maximizes attack. It's true damage but it doesn't scale with attack and magic equally. I actually think his true damage doesn't scale with magic at all, as I didn't note any difference in his damage with a magic up buff.

konstifik
12-09-2016, 03:12 PM
I've started looking a little deeper into The Nomads damage output. I've crunched some numbers and my first findings indicate that his damage output for his basic attack is 95 % ATK and 5 % MAGIC.

So, as we've established before, no point investing in his magic stat at all, although I seem to have been wrong when I previously said it only scaled with ATK.

IceManFerrar
05-02-2017, 08:46 PM
Resurrecting this thread.

Does anybody have any thoughts or tips on how they use the Nomad for PvP? Is it mainly for attack?

I have seen him on Defense teams, but have been able to take him down quite easily.

For Attacking teams, I prefer to use my Wickerman over the Nomad, since the Wickerman's passive raises ATK and DEF for all Allies , while the Nomad only raises ATK.

Wanted to get some of you guys' thoughts, tips, advice.

Thanks in advance!

Killhouse
05-02-2017, 09:34 PM
Resurrecting this thread.

Does anybody have any thoughts or tips on how they use the Nomad for PvP? Is it mainly for attack?

I have seen him on Defense teams, but have been able to take him down quite easily.

For Attacking teams, I prefer to use my Wickerman over the Nomad, since the Wickerman's passive raises ATK and DEF for all Allies , while the Nomad only raises ATK.

Wanted to get some of you guys' thoughts, tips, advice.

Thanks in advance!

Nomad is a beast with the recent update and addition of counterstrike talismans. Find the right balance for attack/survivalbility that suits your team and he can singlehandedly slaughter the other team. His self heal is based on max HP so he benefits from using Green talismans and still does a ton of true damage. Plus he self buffs class affinity advantage on hit. And he may not buff defense but his attack buff lasts two rounds.

I've had great success both with him on attack and defense. Shard him.

Honestly wouldn't be shocked if he got nerfed in a future update...

IceManFerrar
05-03-2017, 01:07 AM
Nomad is a beast with the recent update and addition of counterstrike talismans. Find the right balance for attack/survivalbility that suits your team and he can singlehandedly slaughter the other team. His self heal is based on max HP so he benefits from using Green talismans and still does a ton of true damage. Plus he self buffs class affinity advantage on hit. And he may not buff defense but his attack buff lasts two rounds.

I've had great success both with him on attack and defense. Shard him.

Honestly wouldn't be shocked if he got nerfed in a future update...

Thank you so much, Killhouse, you are DA man. I will power-up and start working on my Nomad.
Cheers mate!

Tritium
05-03-2017, 01:16 AM
IceMan, since you missed shell talismans but can still access strike talismans, here's a build you may want to try with your Nomad for PVP.

1 strike set (note: Nomad can get away with using a "skilled" talisman because of his self-heal)
1 health overwhelming/ward set (his damage now scales better with magic, so don't be afraid to give him ward talismans!)
1 random purple talisman in the last uncolored slot

This setup will give him the great counterstrike ability while still giving him enough hp to be durable. The random purple is just for more damage, but it can be replaced with another green if you need even more survivability.

Let me know if you try this and how it works out for you!

IceManFerrar
05-03-2017, 12:04 PM
Thank you so much, Tritium...will do as you suggest. My main problem is that I don't have enough Iron coins to buy those Talismans...sigh...will be a few weeks before I can accumulate enough.

My PvP team and my own skills are not good enough to get me to cross 1900...the teams that I get matched up with at that level are beating me regularly. So I have been using Iron coins for skill shards, but will try to build up enough to buy the Strike Talismans.

Thanks for all of your help and advice!