PDA

View Full Version : Ignoring CotD, are there really any worthwhile Gunner toons?

FlyingV
11-07-2016, 10:16 AM
Gunner dog is a trooper of mine... Not very impressed over Artillery or Rocket dogs.

I own 10 Gunner toons, and this is the ONLY class in which I have no 5* promotions... Mostly because I don't see any of them competimg with the top 20-30 toons everybody knows and discusses.

Currently I have:
- allied bomber;
- chattering skulls;
- possessed mine;
- voidling;
- undead hunter;
- possessed machine gun;
- undead allied soldier;
- newborn of light;
- desert golem; and
- sandworm

I am guessing possessed mine, undead hunter, and maybe allied bomber would be the best picks of what I have (the 3 yellow slots have ruined the desert golem unless one is hell bent on invisibility/thief experiments), but are any of these good enough to compete with Artillery dog, PSS, Sentinel Souless Demon, or the trolls?

Other than CotD, are there really any/many gunner toons on the short list to 5*? If so, which?

Kardas
11-07-2016, 10:32 AM
I know one person here uses a Gunner Voidling for a niche role (something related to Fury stealing I think...)

Otherwise, I always thought the Gunner Undead Allied Soldier was a pain in the neck to fight in Battlefield, so I've wanted one ever since.

I know the Gunner Bomber Boy got buffed recently, but he still feels very Multiple Attribute Dependent.

Esquatcho
11-07-2016, 12:54 PM
Yeah voidling is useful in LoL dungeons stopping bosses fury going off.

I'd say the marauder would be the one I'd take to 5*. The passive is just too good and at least the main attack scales on special + maxed out has a good 1700 base attack.

Others seem to really rate the prisoner too, but have only one trooper with one and its... OK.

Otherwise, I like the bomber boys. The gunner should go great with any damage over time team. Actually, should work nicely with your rocket dog, with bleeds turned into true damage with his special. I think?

Lastly, though they are both all over the shop with skill scaling, I'd go possessed rockets over the mine, simply due to the extra power gain passive.

aur0ra85
11-07-2016, 01:54 PM
I took an undread gunner soldier to 5*, he's a decent healer. Was the very first character nerfed in the game after beeboo posted a vid of him and aoldier Eddie on auto farm getting two or three turns in a row of fury lol. He could use a buff of some sort. Still kinda fun to play sometimes.

MuadDib-7367
11-07-2016, 02:08 PM
Golden Son is the one you want. The prisoner is another one with good potential. I have bomber boy, but he seems to be a niche character.

Piece of Mind
11-07-2016, 02:13 PM
Undead Hunter is awesome, one of my first 5* lv 100s. Mine has 3 Energy and 3 Thief talismans, and it's a powerhouse (literally). Works great with power-ability users, and with luck you can Fury every turn. Stats are also solid, offenses and defenses all over 500. If it could get buffed with Energize and Voidling's power ability it would be the ultimate power generator.

Voidling has two nice abilities but stats-wise it's not too hot.

I really wanted to make Possessed Rockets work but those talisman slots... D:

Nicko
11-09-2016, 06:03 AM
Golden Son is the one you want. The prisoner is another one with good potential. I have bomber boy, but he seems to be a niche character.

Agreed. I've maxed my Golden Son and he's good enough to sub for my Corrupt General. While not as beast damage-wise as the assassin, he deals great damage and his thief Talismans steal fury for my Tailgunner Eddies Rambo Fury attack. No worries about him dying as he simply respawns, and he can heal other party members as well

I just scored a Prisoner five minutes ago, so I may explore the underworld with an all Gunner team - Tailgunner Eddie, Golden Son, and Prisoner

I agree the Prisoners attack is meh, but his passive is killer

RCarter
11-09-2016, 09:42 AM
The Desert Marauder is pretty great in an autofarming team. Set him up with two AoE guys, and they clear waves pretty quickly.

I run Soldier Eddie, PSS, and a DM when autofarming A Matter of Life and Death, and Game of Death on Madness with no problems at all.

Shifter
11-10-2016, 12:29 AM
I have the golden sun and the marauder at 100 and both pull their weight very well.

Reeb99
11-10-2016, 03:45 AM
Since we're on the subject already, which one of these gunners should I evolve to 5*? Or should I just wait until I get something better?

Undead Allied soldier
Gunner dog
Desert golem
Gunner mine
Undead hunter
Voidling
Missiles
Allied Bomber Boy

The undead allied soldier or gunner dog would probably go best with my physical damage teams. I'm also debating on the Bomber Boy to use with the Warrior and Assassin pyros since I have both of those as well. Bomber Boy + pyros + Wicker Eddie should be extra damage galore, if they can stay alive.

FlyingV
11-10-2016, 07:43 AM
I leveled my Undead Allied Soldier.

The dog has slightly better statistics and I would say a slightly better primary attack albeit a substantially similar one to the soldier's.

The Soldier has a heal/shield, which I find to be a better power attack, esp if you run soldier eddie (who has the same costly bullet trace as the dog), but bullet trace may be more useful than the heal with other teams.

What really hamstrings the dog is the purple/yellow talisman slot set up, which essentially forces the purple trio/yellow trio, or you end up with a single purple in the slot/broken set. The soldier on the other hand has the red/yellow slots which are very complementary and easy to fill with a variety of different set ups.

All in all the two are roughly equal, but the soldier seems to have more versatility in my opinion.

Piece of Mind
11-20-2016, 07:01 AM
What about Chattering Skulls? Has anyone tried those out?

In my case it's mainly the skulls vs Undead Allied Soldier, Gunner Dog, and Allied Bomber Boy.

Reeb99
11-20-2016, 10:27 PM
I upgraded my gunner bomber boy since I have a trooper with one that hits like a truck. The undead allied soldier is pretty meh outside of the damage reduction shield. If I want one of those, I'll use my blue allied soldier instead.

Aristo4
11-20-2016, 10:41 PM
I upgraded my gunner bomber boy since I have a trooper with one that hits like a truck..

Interested in that, since I have a thing for gunners, and the bomber is the only I haven't gotten to 100 yet.
Need to see the build of this trooper, if you could share his ID :cool:

Reeb99
11-21-2016, 03:33 AM
Interested in that, since I have a thing for gunners, and the bomber is the only I haven't gotten to 100 yet.
Need to see the build of this trooper, if you could share his ID :cool:

Raypenpilage-3593 is the id. It looks like a strange build, but hits hard for a magic character.

I was going to try 2x ascension ward, 2x holy power, and 2x holy arcane. I suspect this character has a high skill modifier, because you wouldn't think it would hit that hard by looking at the stats.

Piece of Mind
11-21-2016, 08:52 AM
Raypenpilage-3593 is the id. It looks like a strange build, but hits hard for a magic character.

Wha-? How on earth do two Guardian talismans (boosting Atk) and an Ascension talisman (boosting Atk) work on a character who only does Magic damage and Magic burns? What's the super secret tech that I'm missing here?

I was going to go with 3 Freezing, 3 Stone or something.

Kaijester
11-21-2016, 09:15 AM
I think it's because of his skills maxed out. I'm dealing good damage with freeze set and energy ward set for my Gunner Bomber.

Reeb99
11-21-2016, 09:45 AM
I think it's because of his skills maxed out. I'm dealing good damage with freeze set and energy ward set for my Gunner Bomber.

That's kind of what I thought. There should be no reason to use attack boosting sets on that character.

blade685
11-21-2016, 11:37 AM
I have Soldier eddies at 5* now and want a good yellow trooper now
best choice with my account, Bomber boy, Gunner dog, Desert Golem, newborn of light( crap i think)?

Piece of Mind
11-21-2016, 07:21 PM
I have Soldier eddies at 5* now and want a good yellow trooper now
best choice with my account, Bomber boy, Gunner dog, Desert Golem, newborn of light( crap i think)?

Based on the above discussion, it looks like the Bomber Boy would probably give you the most value!

Although the Gunner Dog might be a fun option if you like to gamble. Put in accuracy enhancers, see how many extra turns you get before the RNG decides to ruin your fun...

Aristo4
11-21-2016, 07:49 PM

I was going to try 2x ascension ward, 2x holy power, and 2x holy arcane. I suspect this character has a high skill modifier, because you wouldn't think it would hit that hard by looking at the stats.

Thanks. Ultimately i'll find out myself when I get the missing 3* yellow shards...but this build indeed is weird.

Reeb99
11-22-2016, 04:10 AM
Thanks. Ultimately i'll find out myself when I get the missing 3* yellow shards...but this build indeed is weird.

Mine still needs more talisman upgrades, but it's hitting just as hard with the build I mentioned above with zero skill shards. Looks like this one might be a diamond in the rough. So basically just pump magic, but added health and defense won't hurt as long as you don't sacrifice magic in the process.

Piece of Mind
11-24-2016, 06:55 PM
Rejoice with me - Possessed Rockets now have all-gold talisman slots! And its stats are better than the CotD's and it has the same passive (basic and power attacks are kind of meh though). I would definitely consider it a worthwhile gunner now.

Sussexsaint
11-25-2016, 10:15 AM
I have a maxed 100 5 star allied bomber boy and he does huge damage

Ddrak
11-25-2016, 02:09 PM
I use the Bomber Boy and he is good (even if the sentinel one is better), with the last fixes Undead Allied Soldier and Possessed Rockets look very interesting.