PDA

View Full Version : Assassin for promotion?

Luxsuperior
11-07-2016, 11:32 AM
Hi there, i've got some spare shards to promote a 5* assassin, so, here is the question... Which assassin is worth 5*?
I usually use a soldier eddie with warrior troll and a warrior golden son, and i'm able to grind in game of death stage of underworld madness fairly well
So... which character can be an extra aid for the lord of light dungeon?

Whicker golem
Troll
Flaming mummy dog
Axis bomber
Talking skulls
Possessed mine
Axis soldier

I don't use many assassins but is good to have one at least for dungeons, as I don't think mine are really good or could be profitable for that task, what do you think?

Kaijester
11-07-2016, 11:46 AM
Troll if you still do not have an ally to perform steal.
My fave is the Axis Soldier for his good damage and the occasionally extra t urn helps.

FlyingV
11-07-2016, 11:53 AM
Troll would be my top pick. It has a passive accuracy buff for the team and can steal the LoL's fury shield with thieve ability.

My second pick would be axis bomber boy. AOE damage with permadeath ability, which would be handy as it can interrupt golden sons from resurrecting.

Not too excited about anything else you have ATM, though chattering skulls is one I haven't spent much time with, and some have had good things to say about burning mummy dog, though I haven't found a reason to evolve that one past 4* yet, considering my other assassin toons available.

Esquatcho
11-07-2016, 01:03 PM
No golden son?

Id suggest:
Troll (mainly for passive, but as noted above, definitely if you have a need for steal beneficial)
Bomber Boy (AoE, but the marks can really ramp up damage from your other big AOE hitters)
Axis Soldier (Havent really used one, but if Kaijester says its good, it probably is! Would actually work nicely with the assassin trolls accuracy buff. ~50% chance of giving the party an extra turn, puts it in the league of the AoF)

Piece of Mind
11-07-2016, 10:09 PM
I guess this is a good place to ask instead of creating a new thread, so thanks Luxsuperior! :)

Which of my Assassin roster is best promoted to 5*? Currently have:
- Troll
- Corrupt Harpy
- Possessed Mine
- Golden Son
- Axis Soldier
- Undead Axis Gunner
- Burning Mummy Dog
- Desert Rider
- Undead Marauder
- Dark Voidling (bugged, turns into a Possessed Mine when upgraded)

Any thoughts? Current 5* roster is CR Eddie (main), GR, Soldier, Mummy, PSS, Warrior Troll, Sentinel Allied Bomber Boy, Undead Hunter, Nomad, Allied Soldier, PDK, if any of those synergize.

FlyingV
11-07-2016, 11:26 PM
I guess this is a good place to ask instead of creating a new thread, so thanks Luxsuperior! :)

Which of my Assassin roster is best promoted to 5*? Currently have...

Golden son without a question.

Esquatcho
11-08-2016, 03:39 AM
Golden son without a question.

This - Assassin Golden Son is one of the biggest hitting, bacon saving chars in the game. Only issue with them is if you become too reliant on their power skill and then run into beneficial effect removers (or blue angels).

Luxsuperior
11-10-2016, 11:49 AM
This - Assassin Golden Son is one of the biggest hitting, bacon saving chars in the game. Only issue with them is if you become too reliant on their power skill and then run into beneficial effect removers (or blue angels).

True, but i have no assassin golden son, but the winner is...

THE TROLL ASSASIN

Maybe i'll get lucky one day and grab one Assassin golden son, but now i'm leveling the troll i'm quite impressed and works nice with my other damage dealers as Wickerman, red golden son and soldier eddie.

Piece of Mind
11-20-2016, 07:03 AM
Which is the higher priority upgrade, Troll or Corrupt Harpy? It all comes down to the passive, and I also have the Axis Bomber Boy unupgraded - which is the better Accuracy booster?

PerthEddie
11-20-2016, 07:45 AM
Which is the higher priority upgrade, Troll or Corrupt Harpy? It all comes down to the passive, and I also have the Axis Bomber Boy unupgraded - which is the better Accuracy booster?

I have a Trooper who has a Corrupt Harpy and that thing hits like a truck. It is only a 4* L80 char but I have seen it hit for 11K damage regularly. The Trooper hasn't played for ages and I am only keeping him/her on my list as it is a strong character.

blade685
11-21-2016, 11:47 AM
I have purples burning mummy dog, desert rider, undead axis soldier, soulless demon and bomber boy
I don't have Golden son :(
What is the best choicie to upgrad 5* with my teams?

Thanks

Esquatcho
11-21-2016, 01:50 PM
I havent got any of them, so dont know about hitting hardest - But I'd go the undead axis soldier. Lifesteal passive will keep you alive, critical strike chance + power move guarantees stealing beneficial effects (thinking LoL bosses, particularly the blue one).

blade685
11-21-2016, 02:13 PM
I havent got any of them, so dont know about hitting hardest - But I'd go the undead axis soldier. Lifesteal passive will keep you alive, critical strike chance + power move guarantees stealing beneficial effects (thinking LoL bosses, particularly the blue one).
Thanks, i wait more players to do the good choice ;)

Kardas
11-21-2016, 04:46 PM
Blade, I see you have a lot of powerful blue characters. The following two Assassins may be an asset for your team:

Soulless Demon. Does magic damage and can further buff your magic attacks. Plus, the occasional invincibility is nice.

Possessed Mine. You can get him from common Gunner/Assassin souls (the one for 125 Trooper points), and he's not too uncommon (I bought 20 and got 2). Does magic and physical damage so he can still be buffed by PDK, and has a powerful heal too. Not to mention, disabling beneficial effects on a target for 1 turn is nice. He works especially well with the blue soldier as his shield will help keep the fragile mine alive, and you can get some crazy damage from the soldier's ATK and MAGIC boost

blade685
11-21-2016, 05:27 PM
Thanks

ass Soulless demon and PM are the best choice for me, before golden son perhaps one day :)
I will try to loot pm

Edit: 20 soul only crap and same ass ... i continue to lose my point :(
Edit: 25 and finally pm but gunner, they nerf loot i think
Edit:30 i have 4 pm ...gunner
edit:40 1 ass PM finally and 0 rare with 40 normal souls lol, i lose 4000 point i think= no skill shard today for me finally :rolleyes:

aur0ra85
11-21-2016, 05:55 PM
Even after all the buffs and after the skill fix, purple harpy is still one of my most worthless toons. Yes she does lots of damage occasionally, but she's still squishy, her talisman slots don't synergies well, her power skill is awful. She's my purple goddess, but you'll receive much much more utility and damage from the golden sons/trolls/rocket dogs/etc. stay away from her, nothing good will come of investing any time in that toon, she's literally a bad girlfriend.

blade685
11-21-2016, 05:59 PM
Even after all the buffs and after the skill fix, purple harpy is still one of my most worthless toons. Yes she does lots of damage occasionally, but she's still squishy, her talisman slots don't synergies well, her power skill is awful. She's my purple goddess, but you'll receive much much more utility and damage from the golden sons/trolls/rocket dogs/etc. stay away from her, nothing good will come of investing any time in that toon, she's literally a bad girlfriend.
i have loot many character with 40 ass soul but not her :)

Kardas
11-21-2016, 06:07 PM
i have loot many character with 40 ass soul but not her :)

That's because she drops as either a 3* or 4*. I have no confirmation on her star rank yet, but I highly doubt she can be gotten via common GA souls (especially because the other harpies are 3*)

aur0ra85
11-21-2016, 06:20 PM
The peeps I've seen with here have gotten her from a legendary soul. She drops as 4*.

Piece of Mind
11-21-2016, 07:13 PM

Why? I thought she was pretty good. :(

In conjunction with Assassin Golden Son and Warrior ABB, I'm seeing obscene amounts of damage. Sure, she's squishy, but so are most Assassins anyway. Maybe those abilities could use some extra effects to make them more appealing? Add to the marking theme by making them add marks, perhaps? (Devs...)

Do you recommend the Assassin Troll, by any chance?

And since we're in the Assassin thread, what about the mummy dogs? With Burning Mummy Dog's stats fixed, they're almost identical (Burning has more HP, regular has a little bit more Special). Which of the two is overall better? I've been wondering if Burning MD could be a good dispeller for PVP...

Kardas
11-21-2016, 07:23 PM
The peeps I've seen with here have gotten her from a legendary soul. She drops as 4*.

Excellent, thanks. That leaves Soldier Eddie as the last person I need confirmed for the Soul Drops thread.

Sidney
11-21-2016, 07:23 PM
I'd go with the Warrior Troll. I asked the same question a few weeks ago and took the advice of others and could not be happier! I have him at level 100 with maxed out talismans and skill shards. He has replaced my warrior COTD for grinding although I do breakout COTD in the time rift. Working on getting my Angel of Pain up to snuff now but still have a ton of talisman work to do on him. You can't go wrong with the Troll !!!

Piece of Mind
11-21-2016, 07:33 PM
I'd go with the Warrior Troll. I asked the same question a few weeks ago and took the advice of others and could not be happier! I have him at level 100 with maxed out talismans and skill shards. He has replaced my warrior COTD for grinding although I do breakout COTD in the time rift. Working on getting my Angel of Pain up to snuff now but still have a ton of talisman work to do on him. You can't go wrong with the Troll !!!

I agree, that's why I have a level 100 Warrior Troll of my own! But the question was about the Assassin Troll. :P

Sidney
11-21-2016, 07:36 PM
I agree, that's why I have a level 100 Warrior Troll of my own! But the question was about the Assassin Troll. :P

Argh!!! I keep telling myself that one of these days I'm going to learn how to read. :D

blade685
11-21-2016, 07:40 PM
Blade, I see you have a lot of powerful blue characters. The following two Assassins may be an asset for your team:

Soulless Demon. Does magic damage and can further buff your magic attacks. Plus, the occasional invincibility is nice.

Possessed Mine. You can get him from common Gunner/Assassin souls (the one for 125 Trooper points), and he's not too uncommon (I bought 20 and got 2). Does magic and physical damage so he can still be buffed by PDK, and has a powerful heal too. Not to mention, disabling beneficial effects on a target for 1 turn is nice. He works especially well with the blue soldier as his shield will help keep the fragile mine alive, and you can get some crazy damage from the soldier's ATK and MAGIC boost

i have him level 5* now, best talismans build for ass PM ?

Kardas
11-21-2016, 10:27 PM
i have him level 5* now, best talismans build for ass PM ?

There was a thread on this some time ago: http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?2042-Possessed-Mines-and-Possessed-Rockets-(oh-my!)/page2

Mine runs a Shield Assassin set, a red Safeguard, a green Ward and a blue Arcane (for best heal and most balanced ATK and MAGIC). If you want more offense, swap out the blue for a Fierce Safeguard. If you want more health, swap out the blue for a Health Ward. All 3 combos have equal MR and DEF

I really would like it if that red Talisman slot got changed to purple.

blade685
11-21-2016, 10:47 PM
There was a thread on this some time ago: http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?2042-Possessed-Mines-and-Possessed-Rockets-(oh-my!)/page2

Mine runs a Shield Assassin set, a red Safeguard, a green Ward and a blue Arcane (for best heal and most balanced ATK and MAGIC). If you want more offense, swap out the blue for a Fierce Safeguard. If you want more health, swap out the blue for a Health Ward. All 3 combos have equal MR and DEF

I really would like it if that red Talisman slot got changed to purple.
Yes it's the problem we can't take 6 purple on it like golden son ... strange idea that red slot ...