PDA

View Full Version : What is your Skill Shard Strategy?

FlyingV
11-07-2016, 05:31 PM
Do you spread a couple around on a handful of favorite characters or concentrate on maxing one character at a time? Do you prioritize toons or Eddies? Do you focus on maximizing the skill shard harvest, or do you prefer to invest trooper badges into more and better souls?

My strategy is maxing one character at a time to maximize effectiveness for a small number of characters.

I started out focusing on Soldier and Holy Smoke, but found too many slots with a few questionable abilities for maxing given the random allocation. When HS was updated with Rise, I maxed him and since then have focused solely on toons (Allied General, Sentinel Soulless Demon, & Warrior Troll finished, Assassin Golden Son appears to be next).

Once I have a good 2-3 teams (4-6 maxed toons) set up, I'll consider finishing up another Eddie. Of course a top pick from the book of souls can always derail my plans.

How do you work yours?

osiris0000
11-07-2016, 06:38 PM
I have almost same strategy. I have been focused on my auto-farming team first. I have first maxed PSS, after that Angel of Fear, and lastly my Red Troll. And throw couple shards to Soldier Eddie since he is still one of the best farmers out here - Because i don't have Carriage Rider Eddie yet.. Recently i made a mistake to throw some couple shards to Grim Reaper Eddie because i got excited when i got him. Well, of course i would like to max him. But first things first.

Now i am able to autofarm Game of Death madness consistently with Soldier Eddie , Angel Of Fear and Red Troll, %100 success rate. Now it is time for the 4th member of autofarming team for all dungeons. I normally have PSS with my team almost all the time. But red talismans are F'n pain in the neck and i don't have enough 5* red talismans to support my top 4 warriors (I am also considering Soldier Eddie as warrior, since i built him with 4 x 5* reds+ 2 x 5* yellow for full damage). I don't like to build chars in tanky way, always go for high damage. Because i don't like to give second turn to enemies :cool:

I will try to catch Assassin Golden Son, which is easier to max it out. Where did you get him? Since i know he is obtainable as 3*, I have gambled with 20 regular Gunner & Assassin souls today and got zero 3* chars.

FlyingV
11-07-2016, 06:51 PM
I have almost same strategy. I have been focused on my auto-farming team first...

I will try to catch Assassin Golden Son, which is easier to max it out. Where did you get him? Since i know he is obtainable as 3*, I have gambled with 20 regular Gunner & Assassin souls today and got zero 3* chars.

Good stuff. The past week or so it's been a little hazy with the promotion and the updated challenges rewards, but if memory serves, I was under the mistaken impression that the new characters were all limited and I spent a great deal of trooper badges on regular gunner/assassin souls to get toons, like the assassin ox cultist. My Golden son was either a rare pull out of the pile of those, or I'm guessing it was a legendary soul pull.

Baba-8301
11-07-2016, 07:05 PM
I'm pretty sure I got my assassin golden son from a rare gunner/assassin soul. I can't remember if it was 3* or 4* though. I don't bother picking up many regular gunner souls due to a lack of roster space and desire for skill shards...

For the shards, the current strategy is to prioritise whichever character is in my team with the best +dmg boosts from skills. If it's something like +5% / increase effect / +10% / increase effect / +15% / increase effect then I'll probably give it a miss. If I can get another 50% or so damage from 4 shards I'll go for it though.

The old strategy that I don't recommend is sink 'em into the current Eddie of choice, then change to a different one just when his skills are getting somewhere useful... See Wickerman Eddie and Soldier Eddie for my personal skill shard graveyard.

Arcturus
11-07-2016, 07:12 PM
I mostly agree as well. I used to put them into Eddies, but then switched to toons I know I'll keep around for a while. I've got about half a dozen on Holy Smoke, 10 on Soldier (most on the useless (pre-tuning, at tleast) Acrid Smoke, which was really disappointing), and a few on Carriage Rider.

I maxed out Angel of Fear and Assassin Golden Sun, and threw a few on my new Allied General, too.

I've been using all my Trooper points on Skill Shards. It's so hard to upgrade characters & talismans to 5*, so spending them on new characters doesn't seem like a good use. Plus I recently got a bunch of good toons with the bonfire event, so I've got plenty of people to max out.

Witkacy
11-07-2016, 08:10 PM
Flying :)

My strategy is no strategy :)

Well... As a total unexperienced player I've made couple of painful mistakes regarding skill shards... I simply armed with them my current Eddie I was playing with... I wasn't aware that later on I will get better toons or that after finishing the game they will be so hard to get... Now I am a bit richer in experience and lessons I've learned... Using skill shards at only these characters that ''can make a difference'' if you know what I mean... My plan is to give skill shards to all my valuable characters, yet because I can't do this at once, I carefully pick a toon and give him a shill shard, sometimes two at once, but no more... I like to experiment so not focusing on just one particular character, but on all I do have...

My choice is quite simply... The more I use some character, the more he deserves to be maxed out with skill shards... Now my goal is to maxing out CotD (G) and 3 skill shards left that ''Smokie'' will be my new champion :)

Cheers,
W

FlyingV
11-07-2016, 11:47 PM
CotD Gunner is a very safe place to park a pile of skill shards with the expectation that you'll get a full return on that investment!

Esquatcho
11-08-2016, 03:10 AM
Im a spreader, but try not to do too much on Eddies.

I did max out my assassin golden son, but thats mainly because it wasnt many skill shards & early on he was my only really good toon!

Now, Im slowly sharing them out among my 5 star characters.

Kardas
11-08-2016, 09:03 AM
I saved all my Skill Shards until I reached Underworld Madness, and then I threw them at my PDK and blue allied soldier. I recall someone calling Eddies "Skill Shard black holes" so I stayed away from upgrading Eddies till I had a team ready for them.

I used to buy Class souls with my Trooper points until I started using Skill Shards, but now I have a fair stack leftover and I might splurge them all on Magus Souls for Carriage Rider before I move on to either upgrading my Corrupt General or starting on a red farming team

Browno
11-08-2016, 09:41 AM
How does the magic charge skill work? It says 5% dmg on magic charge, is that 5% more dmg done with a charged attack then?