PDA

View Full Version : Various game crashes

Mendo
07-27-2016, 08:10 AM
Since the last version update, the game has been running very unstable in general, to say the least. It does not look like this is bound to any specific level or action.

I'm on an iPhone 6 plus, iOS 9.3.2. I have tried closing all other running processes to free up memory. The issues happen both on my home WiFi and on the move (mostly 4G network in and around London).

So far I've had the following issues:

- Game crashing upon start of a battle (third enemy wave, Underworld, Damnation of the Flesh, Hard)
- Game crashing during upgrading talismans
- Game crash upon starting (literally just shows the initial game development logos for a split second and then is gone)
- wave transitions glitching into each other with graphical bugs (camera sliding in, then back then back in - textures missing - clipping problems)
- Game becoming unresponsive upon entering an enemy wave (all npcs and pcs are in their idle animation, UI isn't loading with the exception of the options menu)
- server error after applying upgrades to talismans

This is rather frustrating, not just for me but for my troopers as well, as the fights end up being lost, neither of us get medals and I can't use them again. From a layman's perspective, a lot of these crashes seem to happen when a server response is expected.

Mendo
07-29-2016, 11:28 PM
Had a couple more, this one was especially frustrating...

https://imgur.com/a/FZpzG

Beasts Wrath, Underworld, Hard

Boss wave - UI doesn't load apart from what's seen, camera and character idle animations play. Options UI Is responsive, pressing the pause button makes it stuck on pause, going back to play is impossible. Exiting the fight is impossible. 2x speed works, the animations speed up.

The only thing that helps is completely closing and reloading the app. Battle is lost, trooper as well.

This took place on my home WiFi.

Rodrigo-3281
07-30-2016, 12:55 AM
Losing the trooper is the worst travesty when this happens.

TheDoctor
07-30-2016, 10:43 PM
Agreed. It would be nice if the troopers and stamina could be reinstated or simply not marked used until the battle ends successfully, either in Victory or in Exit.

Jennie-5128
07-31-2016, 11:21 AM
Yeah losing the trooper is annoying.
Also the fact that when it crashes it always does so just as you're about to kill the boss in the boss wave.

Mendo
08-03-2016, 10:06 PM
Aaaand it goes on and on.

Underworld Hard. My last trooper. I press the button to start the fight - "NEW GAME DATA AVAILABLE, WILL NOW RESTART THE GAME". Great - I wouldn't really mind this, if it wouldn't have subtracted the sands of time AND put the trooper away without a win!

Endless rain hard (Bonus stage on the battlefield). About to get all three objectives. Game crashes with something like an unexpected server error. I'm locked out of it for 3 days.

When there are too many Talismans, instead of saying "you're X over the limit", the game puts out the code used to check the number of talismans

Flann
08-03-2016, 10:29 PM
Even worse is losing a Maxed Trooper (level, talismans, and skill) on a secret level with a 5 day reset.

Jennie-5128
08-03-2016, 11:37 PM
Oh Flann. That's horrific.

* hug *

geri96
08-04-2016, 09:26 AM
Same happening to me, quite a lot now. Lost 20 ironite, a maxed trooper, and another trooper due to it (not to mention the time).

Helrikv
08-04-2016, 07:00 PM
Same here, i cant defeat the beast in hard ( and now in normal, so weird), because the game always and i say ALWAYS get freeze in my second attack on his assasin mode ( third transformation).

Really annoying because i cant play the secrets mode (normal and hard) and cant play in madness difficulty to have better
rewards.

Hope they fix this soon.

12lisa
08-07-2016, 09:54 AM
I keep getting freezes on Children of the Damned in Hard mode (Iīm sorry Klassy666, I damn lost your maxed Soldier Eddie to that freeze :/), so advancing isnīt an option. Then I went back to farm Powerslave on Madness, just to experience the same thing on wave 2 over and over again. Result: No more sands of time although I only played 1 level today that I could actually finish. This is frustrating, especially since I already thrown 200 Euros in there and now I canīt play. Please fix this or buy another server to at least grant stability while playing. I know your team wants to be paid as well, but there wonīt be any more money invested into the game if it isnīt running stable. Or was there a DDoS attack we are not supposed to know of?

Mendo
08-07-2016, 01:21 PM
A DDoS attack would make everything come to a crawl... From how the game behaves, I'm guessing that the client authenticates pretty much every single action during a fight with the server (as opposed to pushing all changes in the team screen upon leaving it, thus nixing all changes in case of a server issue...). It's not easy to say if the freeze bug happens due to a client or server issue either, although chances are it's a client bug, as they can update the server at any given time (Like they did with the "too many talismans" bug, that vanished after a game data update on the server), while pushing updates for the app through the app stores can take a while.

I've stopped reporting as I upgraded to iOS 10 Beta 3 last week, but yeah, the issues pretty much persist.