PDA

View Full Version : Looking for my damage dealer, team advice

Watchtower
11-11-2016, 04:24 PM
Hey guys and gals, been a long time fan of this game. Iron Maiden and rpg, dream come true. Anyways, I'm hoping to get a little advice from you vets regarding my team, as nothing I try seems to be cutting it. My main problem is damage, I can complete levels and farm but its always through a stalwart defence. I've been playing since launch near enough (level 68) so I've amassed a fair few candidates.

Sooo, my main Eddie is Pharaoh, which I've only just managed to max out his skills, he does 'decent' damage, but it's his special that is the only reason I've managed to get so far in the game, but I'm still way off Grim Reaper Eddie. The other characters in my main team are Wickerman (5*) / Nomad (5*) and Pharaoh Dog King. I know right, bit overkill on the defensive. All my damage dealers come from my Troopers, which is a bit grim when I've used the best ones I have for the day.

So I'm hoping for a little advice, like everyone else looking for help I'll post my available characters. I don't mind what I have to farm, talismans/shards. I'm just desperate for a deadly functional team. Problem is I've only obtained 34 skill shards during my play time, so none of my other characters have been invested in. I'm not that familiar with all the abbreviations, but I can work them out if they're in my list.

Here goes:
Eddie 4* (stock, I used most of my skill shards on him before I got my pharaoh),
Carriage Rider Eddie 4*,
Fear of the Dark Eddie 4*,

Pharaoh Dog King 5* x2,
Nomad 5*,
Wickerman 5*, (+4*x2)
Golden Sun 5* (Sentinel, I thought he might be good with PDK, but it hasn't panned out that way),
Golden Sun 4* (Magus),
Axis Bomber Boy 4*,
Pyro Soldier 4*,
Rocket Dog 4* (a main contender I'm guessing),
Angel of Strife 4* (s),
Allied Soldier 4* (m),
Hell hound 4*,
Newborn of Light 4* (a),
Soulless Demon 4* (s),
Child of the Damned 4* (m),
Angel of Pain 4* (m),
Desert Marauder 4* (g),
Troll 4* (a).

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated, as it's the only game I actually enjoy playing on my phone.

Cheers,

Watchtower

Frost
11-11-2016, 04:40 PM
Maybe the problem is your talismans, wich add a lot of damage to your toons, or skill shards missing

CR Eddie is one of the best Eddies, a lot of damage and utility. Max him and create a magus team with PDK, Golden Son and Blue Soldier. PDK buff, blue soldier aoe with blind/freeze talies with chance to increase magic, Golden son with shock talismans to apply a lot of burns and CR Eddie to finish anything that is left alive.

Also you can go with Eddie, Nomad, Wickerman and hellhound, Eddie and Nomad do a lot of damage, Wickerman for AoE Burns and Hellhound for damage/heal...

Green soulless demon is a freaking amazing tank, does true damage, some troopers have him and hit for 6k+ true damage unbuffed.

Your list just goes on... Just need to know how to combo your team skills and upgrade talismans and skill shards.

scott-5496
11-11-2016, 04:45 PM
Hi there.

I am in much the same situation but with different issues - I have the attack but you have not yet said which maps you are struggling with? I am Underground Madness - done over half of the maps there and half of those are all skulls so doing OK - often have to use others Trooper though!

My main three man team is Samurai Eddie at Lvl 100 with nearly all maxed Talisman (mostly red - armour pierce fierce and safeguard plus strength fierce and skilled - then I have two more random rush talisman (will and bulwark) - he is fairly well rounded and has plenty attack but once I get other red talisman up to 5* I will start swapping as want him to be all attack led! He is backed by Nomad lvl 100 and he too has a mix of red, green and blue talisman that I want to sort out once I get others up to 5*! He has penetrating talisman x 2 (power and arcane), a crystal x 2 (ward and mystical) and finally strength talisman (fierce and safeguard) - so again quite rounded but want to get him aggressive with ATK and Def up higher with HP. The final one and the real helper on most is Rocket Dog at Lvl 80 only - he has 2 strength talisman (fierce and skilled) and three energy (2 ward and 1 over) and all of these are 5* though not maxed out.

All in all they are a decent attacking team but suffer against some combinations especially in Underworld Madness and later stages of Battlefield Madness but eat up most else on auto and are pretty strong manual on nearly all stages except the end of Underworld madness.

Not sure if that helps you but if others can also make any suggestions to me on mine that would be great! I just need to mix up my talisman into the strongest fro each character I have I think as not there yet and need to spend time chopping and changing talisman to get most out of toons and Eddies.

Cheers

konstifik
11-11-2016, 05:00 PM
I use CR Eddie, The Nomad and Warrior Troll as my main team in dungeons. They are all max level with max talismans, and the Nomad and the Troll are both maxed on skills as well. The talismans on the Nomad and the Troll are built for maximum damage. This team easily autofarms Game of Death on Madness difficulty. I think this team would be good for you to build on, since the Trolls passive (shields for first round of battle) can be very helpful, and the Nomads passive adds a lot of damage for both himself and the Troll.

Baba-8301
11-11-2016, 05:02 PM
I think the quick fix is the rocket dog. He does good AOE damage and his passive will heal on physical attacks (Pharaoh's 3 power attack is physical).

Reeb99
11-11-2016, 08:28 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking talisman levels and set strategy are the problem. Nomad, wicker man, and Rocket Dog all work amazing together in any combination. My main dungeon team is Soldier Eddie, Wicker Man, Rocket Dog, and Alliance General. Rarely if ever do I have to heal, because they auto heal by doing damage. The Nomad is actually a better damage dealer than Alliance General, but the general has that insane buff and fury + power stealing. Overall they should balance out pretty well.

BillLion
11-11-2016, 09:25 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking talisman levels and set strategy are the problem. Nomad, wicker man, and Rocket Dog all work amazing together in any combination. My main dungeon team is Soldier Eddie, Wicker Man, Rocket Dog, and Alliance General. Rarely if ever do I have to heal, because they auto heal by doing damage. The Nomad is actually a better damage dealer than Alliance General, but the general has that insane buff and fury + power stealing. Overall they should balance out pretty well.

Yes, rocket dog would be a quick fix. I'd also say warrior troll would be great because he brings great buffs and defenses to your team.

Also, don't be afraid to pump skill shards into your pharaoh eddie. Mine does some significant damage with maxed skill shards on all attack skills.

Good luck!

osiris0000
11-11-2016, 10:05 PM
And don't forget to level up your Angel Of Fear. He does true damage - best damage type in the game, because ignores Def and MR. And this damage increases with his and opponents HP , which means a maxed AOF can easily kill anything in any stage. I have a maxed one with all skills & talismans, lowest damage he does is more than half of the enemy's full HP, most of the time kills with one hit. One of the heaviest hitters - maybe the heaviest hitter in the entire game.

It's not rare to see he is doing 20.000 - 30.000 k damage to a high HP tanky sentinel boss without a buff.

Esquatcho
11-11-2016, 10:13 PM
And don't forget to level up your Angel Of Fear. Nice sentiment, but I dont think he has one? :)

Esquatcho
11-11-2016, 10:33 PM
Carriage Rider Eddie 4*,
Fear of the Dark Eddie 4* - More tanky I suppose, but can do good damage with maxed skills and the fury heals everything too (while doing damage!)

Pharaoh Dog King 5* x2, - single hitter, but the heal/cleanse is very useful, as well as magic charge for magic teams
Nomad 5*, - Does big damage, but single hitter
Wickerman 5*, (+4*x2) - big damage and max out those talismans and he is killer!
Rocket Dog 4* (a main contender I'm guessing), - As everyone else mentioned, has the heal + good damage
Angel of Strife 4* (s), - Not as good as Angel of Fear (red one), but good against high HP bosses as damage scales in part with their HP. Can be useful when you're punching a bit above your weight.
Allied Soldier 4* (m), - Doesnt seem like much, but is one of the hardest hitters in the game.... He was essential in my team the first time around winning the game.
Hell hound 4*, - Can hit hard, but is more renowned for the awesome heal
Desert Marauder 4* (g) - Massively underrated. 1700+ attack when Lvl100 + two turns of perfect hit. For auto-farming, makes all the %hit on perfect talismans useful + the damage output is seriously pumped up (again, only for autofarming though).

I've made some comments here. One other good place to look is this page - It doesnt necessarily tell you which characters are 'best', but its gives a great feel for what they look like maxed out:
http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?1103-Compilation-of-maximized-characters

Also, is your axis bomber boy warrior or assassin? If warrior, the increase accuracy can be really useful!

Personally, you could chop your teams multiple ways you have that many great characters.
Warrior Team: Soldier Eddie/Normal Eddie/FOTD Eddie + Rocket Dog + Wickerman + Nomad
Magic Team: CR Eddie/Pharaoh/Soldier Eddie + PDK + Allied Soldier + CotD (m)

Then you have the marauder too for autofarming!

You have a really great team there! Just need to maximise them & talismans. Skills shards will help too, but talismans and levels are the key things.

Good luck!

Watchtower
11-12-2016, 02:08 PM
Awesome advice folks, I appreciate it. I guess where I went wrong was how I spent my skill shards, pumping them into my main Eddie at that time when instead I could have maxed out my main team twice over (the only character I've spent shards on is Wickerman and thats only 2). I guess I always thought my characters were expendable, so didn't want to invest.
My talismans obviously need tweaking too, could use more penetrating and debilitating effects instead of stat increases.

I have completed Underworld Madness, but only mastered the first stage, I've mastered Battlefield Madness though. I've also completed all the Time Rift dungeons, with little problem, as having 4 characters on the field makes things a lot easier.

The Angels in the Underworld are my main problem, systematically taking out my characters each turn, or going solely for my Eddie and wiping me out, even though he's maxed out.

The way I've levelled my talismans I'd say I'd have to take a warrior composition, though I have a decent magus lineup in the making also,which I'll explore in the future.

I know that tips for maximising most characters are around here, so I'll be looking into Wickerman, Rocket Dog and Nomad more closely, talismans mainly. Unless anyone wants to post some effective talisman setups for these few ;)

I'd just like to thank you all for your replies and advice, you've made my gaming experience that much better.

Regards,

Watchtower

osiris0000
11-12-2016, 03:07 PM
Nice sentiment, but I dont think he has one? :)

Haha good catch. Since i am seeing Angel of fear more than myself on the mirror everyday, i see it on the list (mixed the other Angel's names) by mistake. :)

Anyway, if he got Angel Of Fear he can keep my words as a suggestion :cool:

Esquatcho
11-12-2016, 09:56 PM
The Angels in the Underworld are my main problem, systematically taking out my characters each turn, or going solely for my Eddie and wiping me out, even though he's maxed out.

I know that tips for maximising most characters are around here, so I'll be looking into Wickerman, Rocket Dog and Nomad more closely, talismans mainly. Unless anyone wants to post some effective talisman setups for these few ;)

Those angels sometimes get me too. They hit hard & stun can really wreck things. Only way is to get a shield up (blue allied soldier helps with those) or make sure you get them down in the 1st round!

Regarding talismans, there are usually no 'right' way, but I'd suggest:
Wickerman - 2xstone (overwhelming) or health + 4xiron (fierce) or replace one set with guardian (fierce)
Rocket Dog & nomad - 2xhealth (ow) + 4xstrength (mix)

Reeb99
11-13-2016, 12:20 AM
On my Wicker Man, I have him set up with 2x stone mystical, 2x Iron, and 2x Guardian. Two of the reds are fierce, other two safeguard. All are 5* except one of the stone, which is lvl 40. He has no problems standing up to the blue angels on auto with that setup, and physical damage barely scratches him. Max skills also. He's a beast. No healer needed, but life steal does help a little.

Nicko
11-13-2016, 06:26 PM
And don't forget to level up your Angel Of Fear. He does true damage - best damage type in the game, because ignores Def and MR. And this damage increases with his and opponents HP , which means a maxed AOF can easily kill anything in any stage. I have a maxed one with all skills & talismans, lowest damage he does is more than half of the enemy's full HP, most of the time kills with one hit. One of the heaviest hitters - maybe the heaviest hitter in the entire game.

It's not rare to see he is doing 20.000 - 30.000 k damage to a high HP tanky sentinel boss without a buff.

Osiris, what's your talisman setup on him?

Thanks!

osiris0000
11-13-2016, 06:44 PM
Osiris, what's your talisman setup on him?

Thanks!

I run him with :

2 x Green Overwhelming health talisman (to boost basic attack increases with HP)
2 x Red Strength Fierce talisman (more attack bonus)
2 x Yellow Will Rush Talisman (more attack + special for power attack - it scales with ATK and increases with Special)

This is the best damage build for him i have tested.
Note : All talismans are 5* - lvl 50 & All skills maxed with Skill Shards.

Nicko
11-13-2016, 06:54 PM
I run him with :

2 x Green Overwhelming health talisman (to boost basic attack increases with HP)
2 x Red Strength Fierce talisman (more attack bonus)
2 x Yellow Will Rush Talisman (more attack + special for power attack - it scales with ATK and increases with Special)

This is the best damage build for him i have tested.
Note : All talismans are 5* - lvl 50 & All skills maxed with Skill Shards.

Thanks - will try it!

konstifik
11-14-2016, 06:34 AM
Rocket Dog & nomad - 2xhealth (ow) + 4xstrength (mix)

No need for two health on the Nomad. One is definitely enough.

konstifik
11-14-2016, 08:05 AM
He does true damage - best damage type in the game, because ignores Def and MR.

In the normal case, yes, but one have to remember that it is harder to buff since physical and magical charge does nothing to true damage, and it doesn't work with lifesteal and spell vamp.

Ddrak
11-14-2016, 10:57 AM
Your problem is PDK "Magic Charge" is useless with warriors, while +ATK from Wickerman and Nomad is useless on PDK and PE.
Your team abilities don't synergize very well.
The best thing is developing two different teams, one based on magic attacks centered on PDK and one based on physical/true (even true damage is improved by +ATK buff) damage based on the Wickermar OR the Nomad (I left the Nomad on the bench)
You can keep PE sitting shotgun in every team to use his fury when needed.

osiris0000
11-14-2016, 12:22 PM
In the normal case, yes, but one have to remember that it is harder to buff since physical and magical charge does nothing to true damage, and it doesn't work with lifesteal and spell vamp.

As i know, true damage scales with ATK & MAGIC both in basic. But it can be different, depends on how damage scales in particular skill. I have put 0 additional magic damage to my Angel of Fear, since his true damage skill increases with HP. I can easily approve that especially attack buffs works good with him. About lifesteal and spellvamp, yes they don't help with true damage. Since i have a line of killers in my team, i don't bother about lifesteal and spell vamp so much because they hardly get a hit from enemy.

konstifik
11-14-2016, 12:36 PM
As i know, true damage scales with ATK & MAGIC both in basic. But it can be different, depends on how damage scales in particular skill. I have put 0 additional magic damage to my Angel of Fear, since his true damage skill increases with HP. I can easily approve that especially attack buffs works good with him. About lifesteal and spellvamp, yes they don't help with true damage. Since i have a line of killers in my team, i don't bother about lifesteal and spell vamp so much because they hardly get a hit from enemy.

What I'm talking about is charge abilities, not stat buffs. Physical Charge, which for example Warrior COTD and Samurai Eddie has, only affects physical damage, not true damage. Same way with Magic Charge that Wickerdog Queen and Pharao Dog King has, it only affects magic damage. None of these will help for true damage. So my point is that because physical and magical damage has more options for boosting the damage (as well as for healing), it is not so simple as to just say "true damage is better because it ignores DEF and MR".

osiris0000
11-14-2016, 12:41 PM
What I'm talking about is charge abilities, not stat buffs. Physical Charge, which for example Warrior COTD and Samurai Eddie has, only affects physical damage, not true damage. Same way with Magic Charge that Wickerdog Queen and Pharao Dog King has, it only affects magic damage. So none of these will help for true damage.

Okay, i see your point. Good catch. But i always prefer true damage in the end. Works everywhere, especially for farming situations. It doesn't matter how high is the enemy def or mr. You just hit and move forward. :cool:

konstifik
11-14-2016, 12:54 PM
Okay, i see your point. Good catch. But i always prefer true damage in the end. Works everywhere, especially for farming situations. It doesn't matter how high is the enemy def or mr. You just hit and move forward. :cool:

Yeah, I use The Nomad and Warrior Troll, both of which deals true damage, in my standard farming team. With fully upgraded toons and talismans, there isn't much need for deeper strategy in this game, at least not in single player.

Browno
11-14-2016, 01:18 PM
Hijacking thread a bit.
I use sentinel allied bomber boy a lot and also pdk. Which of those are worth investing skillshards on?. Both do magic dmg, but pdk has magic charge, while abb has great dmg and heal potential.