PDA

View Full Version : Talisman upgrade kits

Fudjo
11-11-2016, 10:08 PM
Much like there are character upgrade kits available every so often in the store, why not also have talisman upgrade kits?

Reeb99
11-11-2016, 11:34 PM
Yup, they should add those and 3* evo shard kits to the store. They could make better income from those than the current power up kits, as long as the prices aren't too astronomical. Much better long-term earning potential than the current shard kits.

Eagleknight
11-11-2016, 11:44 PM
The should just fix the drop rates again and there would be no reason to spend money on power ups. The drop rates used to be good. But since they started messing with them there is always one part that turns up to be a problem.

It almost as if they want to hold us back. I agree the kits you mention could help but they would just cost you more money.

Demand the real issue is fixed, please don't give them ideas for getting more money out of us.

Just think of all those materials you sold for gold because they didn't provide enough space keep them. I prolly sold 50 full stacks of 2* evo runes for space and now it's biting me in the ass.

Fudjo
11-12-2016, 03:31 AM
The should just fix the drop rates again and there would be no reason to spend money on power ups. The drop rates used to be good. But since they started messing with them there is always one part that turns up to be a problem.

I think the drop rates should be fixed, too, but I figured other people made that suggestion enough in other threads already. :)

It almost as if they want to hold us back. I agree the kits you mention could help but they would just cost you more money.

They wouldn't cost me anything. I have nearly 8000 Ironite saved up which I didn't spend any money on. I've also been annoyed at what I think are a lack of good purchasing options for Ironite. Rare Souls are good to buy early on when you're building up your team, but they quickly become a lackluster option given how lackluster the 3-star characters you get typically are. For the most part, I've spent my Ironite on Sands of Time refills and reviving my team just so I don't lose the Trooper badges. Right now I want a bunch of 1-star red evo runes and I'm happy to spend Ironite for them.

Demand the real issue is fixed, please don't give them ideas for getting more money out of us.

I have no problem with the company making money on the game they've made. There's a happy balance to be found between the company making money and the players being happy. Fix the drop rates for evo runes and make talisman upgrade kits and I think everyone can be happy.

Fudjo
11-12-2016, 03:38 AM
Oh, and if Brave New World hands out runes as assumed, that's another free source of them.

Reeb99
11-12-2016, 03:44 AM

Just think of all those materials you sold for gold because they didn't provide enough space keep them. I prolly sold 50 full stacks of 2* evo runes for space and now it's biting me in the ass.

Oh I agree totally with the drops rework. What a colossal waste of time. But any new manager is going to want to put their fingerprints on their new responsibility, even if it is ill advised. That's just human nature. Everyone thinks they can do it better until they dive in and realize that it isn't so simple after all.

I just want to see this game stay afloat, after seeing the last one that I played get shut down. The only way they can do that is making revenue, and the ideas we gave would likely help with that.

Fudjo
12-01-2016, 12:04 PM
Many thanks to the developers! :)

Witkacy
12-01-2016, 05:23 PM
Evening folks :)

I don't like the idea at all... They should fix what's broken, but not with ''fix'' that leads you to the shop... Unless everything's for sale now and we cut the crap talking about FTP game...

Cheers,

W

aur0ra85
12-01-2016, 05:55 PM
These are on the store now... you get 100 xp rrunes of the 5* variety. Game has become pay to play. I feel sick that the xp runes were more or less removed from the game and the only way to receive them now is through purchasing. I probably would have gladly gone the purchasing route if I didn't feel forced to. I don't feel good about supporting this.

Aristo4
12-01-2016, 06:15 PM
These are on the store now... you get 100 xp rrunes of the 5* variety. Game has become pay to play. I feel sick that the xp runes were more or less removed from the game and the only way to receive them now is through purchasing. I probably would have gladly gone the purchasing route if I didn't feel forced to. I don't feel good about supporting this.

I'd not support this either, since I find the amount of ironite needed too big...but don't say that the only way is by purchasing them. They well drop (in small amounts ofcourse) and you can still upgrade talismans (slowly).

If they improve the drops for these to a fair rate as promised, then they can also sell them for 2000 ironite for all I care...i'll still grind them out.
If the drops stay the same, and this promo thing remains the only realistic way to upgrade things quickly, then yes, Houston we have a problem.

Waited for so long, I can wait some more, to see how this evolves....

Frost
12-01-2016, 07:06 PM
Since we could farm upgrade runes in campaign mode and in the future BNW... Right now I think someone sugested double the drops in the update discussion thread. IMO that was enough to "fix" the problem untill BNW comes, since it will be the place to farm upgrade/evolve runes akin to LoL for upgrade/evolve shards.

I know and I think the devs should find ways to get money to continue support and update the game, but making the game a pvw is in the wrong direction. I myself am playing since launch and still don't have 100 talismans 5* or maxed, feel really bad to see someone begining with tons of maxed 5* talismans by paying when pvp comes out...

Witkacy
12-01-2016, 07:06 PM
Honestly I don't see ANY logic in this... Why I AM FORCED TO SELL any evo runes for example, which I have too many (the game then crashes)... So I have to WASTE my supplies and exchange them for gold to play... Then I am getting the possibility to WASTE my ironities, to level up the supplies I once sold to play again and level things...

Cheers,

W

Esquatcho
12-02-2016, 04:10 AM
I think the question is really - How quickly do people expect to be able to max out teams?

So what if you align it with 5* char evolution?

Lets do some maths:

At the current rate, you can get 100 5* talismans in about 100 days (just going through a full set of troopers).

You can at best upgrade 1 toon per colour a week from 4* to 5*. But you'd have to really spend on SoT purchases. Realistically, for many, its more like every 2-3 weeks.

So lets say you need enough runes to do 6 chars x 6 talismans in 3 weeks = 36 talismans. Currently drops are around 1 upgrade from 3*-5* max a day, so you need a bit over a month for enough talismans.

Thats a ratio of 21/36 = 58%. So on that, a doubling of upgrade runes would probably be more than enough. Even an increase of 30% would be enough to kit out a full colour set of 5* tunes once a month. If you want more than that, you pay ironite. I reckon that'd be pretty reasonable.

Of course this then ignores whether you get enough coloured evo runes though, which can be tricky depending on colour (I hate farming KoS for 3* blue evo shards!)

Fudjo
12-02-2016, 07:55 AM
I'm not really sure what other people are spending their Ironite on. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I racked up a big pile of Ironite because I wasn't seeing anything worth spending it on - regular rare souls are pretty lackluster. Then they came out with the Brave New World Souls, so I got 30 of those and was happy to get a Storm Eddie and a couple of the new toons. After that, I still have a big pile of Ironite.

They appear to have fixed the evo rune drops and now I'm swimming in them. I just want power-up runes at this point. So now they're offering 99 freakin' 5-star power-up runes for 650 Ironite. You can only buy one of these packs per month (per color), and PvP hasn't been released yet, so I'm not sure how this can be pay-to-win. We're probably gonna be swimming in power-up runes once Brave New World is released, anyway. If I'm impatient enough, I'll buy a couple of Tasliman upgrade packs.

I also wonder if the need for Talisman upgrades is being driven by the increase in upgrade Shards. We're upgrading more characters than we were before, and we want more upgraded Talismans for them.

konstifik
12-02-2016, 08:46 AM
I think the question is really - How quickly do people expect to be able to max out teams?

So what if you align it with 5* char evolution?

Lets do some maths:

At the current rate, you can get 100 5* talismans in about 100 days (just going through a full set of troopers).

You can at best upgrade 1 toon per colour a week from 4* to 5*. But you'd have to really spend on SoT purchases. Realistically, for many, its more like every 2-3 weeks.

So lets say you need enough runes to do 6 chars x 6 talismans in 3 weeks = 36 talismans. Currently drops are around 1 upgrade from 3*-5* max a day, so you need a bit over a month for enough talismans.

Thats a ratio of 21/36 = 58%. So on that, a doubling of upgrade runes would probably be more than enough. Even an increase of 30% would be enough to kit out a full colour set of 5* tunes once a month. If you want more than that, you pay ironite. I reckon that'd be pretty reasonable.

Of course this then ignores whether you get enough coloured evo runes though, which can be tricky depending on colour (I hate farming KoS for 3* blue evo shards!)

You are not taking into account that you can move talismans around between different characters.

Esquatcho
12-03-2016, 08:48 AM
You are not taking into account that you can move talismans around between different characters.

Completely agree. But the fact that many advanced players 'could' just move their maxed sets around doesnt seem to stop them being upset.

I have thrown out the idea before that maybe another option might be to be able to group a set of talismans as a 'set' and then simply pick the lot up & drop them on another character. Being quickly able to gear up a char would be a big hand and make the need for maxed sets for individual toons less important for many.

ill
12-03-2016, 09:58 AM
I was excited to pick up a set of purple upgrades to raise 6 assassins to max.

Reeb99
12-03-2016, 11:44 PM
I think I'm going to get a green upgrade set soon, as those XP runes are the ones that I don't seem to be getting enough of. That 99x 5* XP runes looks good to me.

Nicko
12-04-2016, 04:43 PM
I think I'm going to get a green upgrade set soon, as those XP runes are the ones that I don't seem to be getting enough of. That 99x 5* XP runes looks good to me.

I'm finding green to be an issue as well

aur0ra85
12-04-2016, 09:29 PM
I did a thread a month or so ago about green talismans and materials and suggested that it was another broken mechanic in the game because almost every character in the game is going to use at least two of these, and often 6 of these for a green character. Which means you need 2 or 3 times the amount of green talismans and materials at end game than every other color of materials in the game, combined, for a balanced state. If they drop at the same rate as other upgrade mats, you've got s full inventory and time wasted, again... purple I found by far the most common, which was another issue because it's the smallest variety and least used talisman group of them all, again out of balance and causing serious inventory issues. Yellow was also too common and out of balance.

Saigrim
12-10-2016, 03:48 PM
I was personally excited to see the new talisman upgrade packs. Have yet to purchase any due to one reason. Since the game was released I've wanted one particular Eddie more than any other. I don't even need to say which one. You know. I've dropped a fair bit of money here and there in my attempt to obtain him to no avail. So after much frustration at opening yet another junk toon in an endless quest for him I made a pact with myself to not spend another damn dime on the game until I get him through other means. I can currently auto farm nearly every level in the game. I have some great toons, and teams. I play this game everyday, and run all 50 of my fellow Troopers. Would not mind in the least to buy more stuff to build more teams and be able to fill out their talismans to save on swapping. I'll keep plugging away, at least until I'm bored to tears, but until they do something about the whole souls drop rate or make a certain Eddie more obtainable (hell, I'd buy him outright) I'll just be sticking with what I have and save myself the disappointment.

Saigrim
12-10-2016, 03:52 PM
And you can still max out talismans by farming, just takes a hella long time to do it. Run those Troopers!