PDA

View Full Version : Penetration Talisman doubt

BeachPlease
11-12-2016, 01:25 AM
Hey everyone, I was wondering...

If a set of Penetrating Talisman assures a 35% chance to ignore Magic Resist on perfect attacks, what would happen if you filled all the slots with these talismans? Do you have a 105% chance of ignoring it??? Or it doesn't work that way???

Bonus Question: Has anyone had any luck with 3-star Evo Runes so far? Any place to farm them? Thanks a lot

Reeb99
11-12-2016, 03:30 AM
I don't know how exactly the stacking works. I do know it only works with basic attacks, just like all other "% chance" talisman sets. So it will never work with power or fury moves, and extremely rarely when autofarming since the AI doesn't land many perfect basic attacks. In addition, with Eddies, it usually only works with the "present" basic attack, not the past or future attacks. Which means it only has a chance to work with 1 out of 7 skills only part of the time, if you time it perfectly.

Now consider this: Stat boosting sets work with all skills, 100% of the time. This is why I never use % chance talisman sets on Eddies, and only rarely on non-Eddie characters. I see a lot of people asking for advice because they are struggling, then I look at their account and see tons of these % chance talismans equipped. So basically I stay away from them most of the time, and use them for filler when I can't complete a full set so I can use the rarer stat boosting sets where they can be completed. This includes the penetrating sets.

As far as 3* evo runes, they drop mostly in madness difficulty quests. The higher the level, the better the chances. Each "world" drops two colors along with the rainbow/colorless. You can see these in the drop info. You'll get many more of the 3* color variety evo runes than the 3* rainbow though.

PsychoEddie
11-12-2016, 04:31 AM
Hey everyone, I was wondering...

If a set of Penetrating Talisman assures a 35% chance to ignore Magic Resist on perfect attacks, what would happen if you filled all the slots with these talismans? Do you have a 105% chance of ignoring it??? Or it doesn't work that way???

No, it means you get 3 dice rolls with a 35% chance each. So, there will be lots of times when all 3 rolls give you IGNORE, and lots of times when all 3 don't.

yojo
11-14-2016, 02:31 PM
No, it means you get 3 dice rolls with a 35% chance each. So, there will be lots of times when all 3 rolls give you IGNORE, and lots of times when all 3 don't.

Actually the penetration talisman is working well? I have a pair of them in a Allied Soldier and never work, at leat I never see a indicator of MR down in the opponent.

Ian
11-14-2016, 07:21 PM
Actually the penetration talisman is working well? I have a pair of them in a Allied Soldier and never work, at leat I never see a indicator of MR down in the opponent.

That is becaus they don't reduce the MR of the enemy, there is just a chance that the enemy mahic resistance will not count on that particular attack, not for the whole turn.

If I was going to use penetrating or shock, it would have to be only on a charcter with AoE attack, but honestly 35% chance is not enough. This game has a lot of chance based things, and the more you rely on them, the more lucky you have to be to avoid getting stomped by the AI.

Ionswarm
11-14-2016, 07:24 PM
I think you actually get a buff on your character that applies on the NEXT attack.

Ionswarm
11-14-2016, 07:25 PM

I would expect Penetrate to stack the same as burn. And burn definitely adds % chances because 3 sets don't miss.

Baba-8301
11-14-2016, 07:25 PM
They give your character a buff, they don't debuff the opponent. They do work but I prefer the certainty of a straight stat boost.

PsychoEddie
11-15-2016, 05:45 AM
I would expect Penetrate to stack the same as burn. And burn definitely adds % chances because 3 sets don't miss.

I tested it a while back and couldn't get 'don't misses', even having talisman sets that added up to over 100% would fail from time to time back then. Something must be different.

Good information, it'll be very useful when choosing future set combinations, thanks :)

Shifter
11-15-2016, 09:29 PM
they actually give you a buff for the next attack to ignore (100%). it looks kinda like a blue egg that is split down the middle, at least for the def one, I have never actually used the magic one so I am not sure if it is the same buff or not.

Ionswarm
11-15-2016, 09:51 PM
I just put 3 sets on GR Eddie and got the penetrate buff every time... even when he had two extra attacks in one round. All three attacks earned the buff. The real surprise was that it worked on PAST and FUTURE attacks... not just PRESENT. Seems that had been an issue before when I used SHOCK talismans on him.

Ionswarm
11-15-2016, 09:53 PM
The buff is a question mark highlighted in blue.

Ionswarm
11-15-2016, 11:08 PM
So I just went and re-tested GR Eddie with 6 SHOCK talismans and it appears they fixed him. If only I knew how to post screenshots! Hah!

iPoop
11-15-2016, 11:10 PM
Thanks Ionswarm!