PDA

View Full Version : Game Update - November 14th 2016

Sparton_LOTB
11-14-2016, 08:07 PM
There’s a mix of stability improvements and tuning changes this update, but the tuning changes are fairly far-reaching and in many cases specifically requested by players.

Campaign and Dungeon Tuning

Increased the amount and frequency of 1 star/2 star coloured evo runes that drop in Madness difficulty (Kingdom of the Sands, Battlefield, Underworld)
Increased the amount and frequency of 1 star coloured evo runes that drop in Hard difficulty (Kingdom of the Sands, Battlefield, Underworld)
For all secret locations, evo runes are guaranteed to drop
For all secret locations, evo shards are more likely to drop (in addition to being able to get them at the same time as evo runes)
Reduced the amount of colourless evo shards in dungeons (as people’s play patterns allow for sufficient gain of colourless from the campaign)
Greatly increased the frequency of 3 star coloured evo shards in all dungeons (floors 7 to 10 only)

Character Tuning

Other Tuning

Reduced the evo requirement for evolving a 3 star talisman to require 1 star coloured evo runes x3 (down from x6)
Reduced the evo requirements for evolving a 4 star talisman to require 2 star coloured evo runes x3 (down from x9)
NOV 15TH EDIT: You can now expand your character and talisman inventories a further 25 spaces (up to 125 character capacity and 200 talisman capacity).

Bug Fixes

Fixed an common case where evolving and powering up talismans and/or characters multiple times in one sitting would cause “Inventory Not Saved” to appear when leaving the My Team screen (however, see "Known Issues" below)
Fixed a performance issue where framerate would randomly drop for a period of time
Fixed an issue where store items would not always yield the souls they should give
Fixed an issue where a purchase failure could cause the store to become blank
Various other performance fixes

Known Issues

The Burning Talisman set effect still only applies one burn (instead of up to 3)
NOV 15TH EDIT: The "Inventory Not Saved" problem may still occur under extremely long sessions of managing talismans/characters in the My Team screen (1 hour or more of management, possibly).
NOV 15TH 2ND EDIT: There are some cases where the achievements tracking earned 4 star or 5 star characters may miss a character

Shifter
11-14-2016, 08:12 PM
Reduced the evo requirements for evolving a 4 star talisman to require 2 star coloured evo runes x3 (down from x9)

Best update yet.

zamasu
11-14-2016, 08:13 PM
Great update. hopefully it works as intended

XcarecroW
11-14-2016, 08:14 PM
Again the only thing that i just care now, more char slots is not implemented in this update. Seriously, it is the main thing that must be fixed.

IceeeDz
11-14-2016, 08:15 PM
That's an awesome update!

Too bad I just evolved like 4 or 5 talisman to 4* and 5* haha. But that happens. Just happy that things will be a little easier from now on!

Good job, let's hope everything is balanced now.

Sparton_LOTB
11-14-2016, 08:21 PM
Again the only thing that i just care now, more char slots is not implemented in this update. Seriously, it is the main thing that must be fixed.

I assure you, I'm on a lot of peoples asses over this subject. I've visually confirmed this working when we're QAing this, so there's something about how the live game is set up where changes are not going through, and we're not sure why.

Eagleknight
11-14-2016, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the update. But I have to agree the most important issue is still a problem. We need more space for characters and materials.

I also believe the reduced drop rate on rare souls is an issue.

I like the reduced requirements on evolving tailismans.

Thanks.

jakalope
11-14-2016, 08:26 PM
"Reduced the evo requirements for evolving a 4 star talisman to require 2 star coloured evo runes x3 (down from x9)"

awesome! Thanks Sparton.

Roquetas-5312

Yeah agree we need more slots for characters this is a must fix asap

Soon I'll be out of stacks for my souls and then it's pointless playing
Anyone know how many stacks of souls you can have ?

Eagleknight
I assure you, I'm on a lot of peoples asses over this subject. I've visually confirmed this working when we're QAing this, so there's something about how the live game is set up where changes are not going through, and we're not sure why.

Thank you Sparton.

blackbolt
11-14-2016, 08:29 PM
Thank you all guys!

Vertax616
11-14-2016, 08:39 PM
Thank you very much Sparton! This tuning is great!

FlyingV
11-14-2016, 08:49 PM
Thank you for the update and thank you for pursuing the inventory expansion, which is critical for the benefit of player and vendor alike.

It would have been nice to see an increase in 2* and 3* rainbow evo runes at top levels of BF and UW maps. Yes, they exist, but one character needs 36 2* rainbow runes to transition from three star talismans to four star, and another 54 3* runes to transition to five star. I am not clear from the description if 'rainbow' runes fall in line with 'colored' runes and have been increased, or if they are separate from colored runes and the same drop rates are maintained.

Sparton_LOTB
11-14-2016, 09:04 PM
Thank you Sparton.

Thank you for the update and thank you for pursuing the inventory expansion, which is critical for the benefit of player and vendor alike.

I appreciate your guys' understanding on this. It's your guys' dedication when I keep bringing this up to the higher ups that helps prioritize these things, and I really feel like we've done a disservice to you guys having this lingered so long. I'll keep you guys posted with what we find.

It would have been nice to see an increase in 2* and 3* rainbow evo runes at top levels of BF and UW maps. Yes, they exist, but one character needs 36 2* rainbow runes to transition from three star talismans to four star, and another 54 3* runes to transition to five star. I am not clear from the description if 'rainbow' runes fall in line with 'colored' runes and have been increased, or if they are separate from colored runes and the same drop rates are maintained.

Yeah, it's a bit of a moving target with the pinch points for the different kinds of runes needed to max out a character (lower-rarity coloured evo runes, 3* coloured evo runes, lower-rarity colourless evo runes, 3* colourless evo runes... then lots of XP runes). The hope is that the main pinch point should be the 3* coloured evo runes, and you may just need to grind in different places periodically if you focus on grinding in just one place that's a good source for that, but it's something we're adapting based on player feedback and how we see people are spending their energy.

Regarding the colourless/rainbow evo runes, their drop rates were basically unchanged (1*, 2* and 3*). I pulled away odds from stuff that people seemed to have enough of (XP shards, colourless evo shards, and a bit from lower-rarity coloured evo shard) to help balance out the evo rune drop rates, while also increasing the quantities that lower-rarity evo runes would drop at for the sake of this change. That combined with drastically reducing the amount of lower-rarity coloured evo runes you need to evolve talismans may mean it's overkill, but bottlenecking on low-rarity evo runes is something we really didn't want to do compared to the other requirements.

Eagleknight
11-14-2016, 09:11 PM
Are the servers supposed to still be down? If not I keep getting a message saying they are.

blkthunder
11-14-2016, 09:15 PM
I have found that are a bug with assassin troll, charge ability don't work it activates but don't improve the damage of basic or thief skill

BillLion
11-14-2016, 09:18 PM
Are the servers supposed to still be down? If not I keep getting a message saying they are.

Me too. On iOS and stuck on maintenance screen.

I even deleted the app and reinstalled, but get the maintenance screen before I can enter my login credentials

BillLion
11-14-2016, 09:32 PM
Me too. On iOS and stuck on maintenance screen.

I even deleted the app and reinstalled, but get the maintenance screen before I can enter my login credentials

Update: Just got in

RCarter
11-14-2016, 09:53 PM
Thanks Sparton and Team!

Of course, I just did a mass 5* talisman upgrade a couple of days ago... lol I knew I shoulda held off...

Keep up the great work!

AmBush-UK
11-14-2016, 09:57 PM
Still no ETA on a fix for this BULL$HIT ?? :mad:

Kaijester
11-14-2016, 10:09 PM
I'm just glad that they did not implement new characters or improved drop rate with this update, so I don't need to delete any more 4* lv80 characters.

Esquatcho
11-14-2016, 10:09 PM
Awesome! Cant wait to give it a go!!!

Kaijester
11-14-2016, 10:12 PM
Still no ETA on a fix for this BULL$HIT ?? :mad:

You can avoid this bullshit by maintaining your inventory...if the dungeon drop consist of any item that exceed your stack of 99, it will show this error and deny you of the rewards. Including souls.

For example I've 94 souls and the battle happen to drop 10 souls, the error occur.

Ionswarm
11-14-2016, 10:21 PM
if the dungeon drop consist of any item that exceed your stack of 99, it will show this error and deny you of the rewards. Including souls.

Good to know. Thanks Kaijester.
Relentless-3385

HomemLivre
11-14-2016, 10:26 PM
Nice update.
Just wondering when you guys will want to fix the STONE and IRON talisman set bonus... I really cant understand why you just release a Eddie based on DEF when you dont care about the main set bonus for him.
Waiting and waiting...

Ionswarm
11-14-2016, 10:31 PM
Fixed Burning Talisman set effect so it goes back to the previous tuning update functionality (able to apply up to 3 burns)

I think this is still broken Sparton.
Relentless-3385

Mizrael
11-14-2016, 10:37 PM
I'm gonna keep this post extremely polite, even though i'm fuming here (hope my wife and son don't wake up from all those swearing combinations you never even dreamed of existed)...

The burning talisman changes got "stomped" by something again!!!?

So basically all you updated was change some 9s to 3s (i bet the rune drops won't work as intended either) are you joking me?

I suggested this long ago,back in the days when roundhouse was jumping this titanic: Just pull the plug on this whole joke of a game and let us all forget this ever existed.
this is the definition of whatever comes before an alpha test... it just never ends. it has been almost half a year now and we didn't even sort out the basics yet.
-talisman bonuses don't apply,or they do,but they don't appear on the character screen.
- many set descriptions are still misleading or have typos (resilience says 3 but applies with 2,aso).
-character skills are full of typos or don't do what they promise they do (see the new fresh addition of assassin troll above)
-physical damage skills scale with magic
-the talisman colors on lots of characters don't make any sense at all(assassin with 3 blues,1 useless purple slot on a warrior,aso)
-the drop rates of upgrade materials get randomly (drastically) changed,always creating a bottleneck somewhere else
-should i carry on, mentioning the character slot expansion and other fiascos?

and then you still have the balls to offer us 3 skill shards for 50$ and excuse it with the fact that it comes along with some other useless stuff?!
mate,i live in switzerland,where money grows on trees and i earn this summ in 1 hour. yet still i would never even consider purchasing such a ridiculous thing. i can not imagine what do players from poorer countries think about this great offer....

I hope that at least a few people will take their time to read this post before it gets deleted for "causing unnecessary drama".
i don't mean to be rude. I'm just done with thanking here for at least writing some update announcement here 6 minutes before it starts and i speak my mind.
this is the sad reality of a "could have been a great game"

as your british saying goes: fool me once,shame on you. fool me twice,shame on me. :(

markosloizou
11-14-2016, 10:37 PM
Great news, i haven't evolved a talisman in a while...

Markosloizou-0507
Max skilled Samurai Eddie we 5* and 4* Talismans as champion

Wigwam
11-14-2016, 10:45 PM
Dear Sparton, how about making the Skill Shards removable. Have you considered the option and plan to do it in the future?

Arguments for making skill shards removable (on the assumption that taking out one skill shard would cost like 200-500k of gold or like 100 ironite per shard):
1) you would have motivation to play more to get the money (or buy for real money)
2) you would have encouragement to get ironite (or buy for real money) - more souls that you can upgrade skills, more refilling of SOT
3) you could finally test different Eddies, teams, different strategy. Right now I have Carriage Rider Eddie maxed, Grim Reaper almost max out, Allied Soldier maxed - I would love to try like Soldier Eddie, Mummy or the Pharaoh but I cannot do it because I have already invested in Magus...
The game would be so much more fun if you could try different teams. Right now you can only use the fully maxed trooper and it only tells you like "fuck, I could have invested my shards in a different way"
4) It would make the old Eddies still in use. Be fair - almost nobody uses Tailgunner, Mummy etc because you are aware of having better Eddies and would not to invest in something worse. However it kills the fun. Why not to invest you money in different Eddie like for one month, just to have fun
5) It would be a nice answer for balancing game. After a lot of balances it may occur, that the character you invested in after patch is useless. I have seen couple of my troopers quit game after their fully upgraded dog of war was nerfed.

stastny
11-14-2016, 10:51 PM
I think I messed up. Needed more space and I knew the size of the game is way to big, so I uninstalled and installed again. My game progress seems to be lost. Is there any way to restore it?

AmBush-UK
11-14-2016, 10:57 PM
You can avoid this bullshit by maintaining your inventory...if the dungeon drop consist of any item that exceed your stack of 99, it will show this error and deny you of the rewards. Including souls.

For example I've 94 souls and the battle happen to drop 10 souls, the error occur.

Cheers Kai Believe it or not i actually do that on a daily basis (more than once a day quite often) Sell excess talis, shards and Runes so my totals are all 90 or less
SAD that we should have to do things like sell items to play the game :( Made even more Time consuming by the fact that there is still no form of order to them either and each time you sell one you have to scroll to find the next... :(

FlyingV
11-14-2016, 11:04 PM
I think I messed up. Needed more space and I knew the size of the game is way to big, so I uninstalled and installed again. My game progress seems to be lost. Is there any way to restore it?

This will not help if you haven't done before hand, but it will from here on out...

Be sure to link your profile to a Facebook page. I have had to uninstall this game and reinstall it at least twice due to updates over the months. When I reinstall I am prompted to enter a name as if there is no data and I am a new player. From here, I logged in with Facebook through the options, and my progress was fully restored. It may also work by logging in with your email option but I have not tried that yet.

AmBush-UK
11-14-2016, 11:10 PM
I'm gonna keep this post extremely polite, even though i'm fuming here (hope my wife and son don't wake up from all those swearing combinations you never even dreamed of existed)...

So basically all you updated was change some 9s to 3s (i bet the rune drops won't work as intended either) are you joking me?

I suggested this long ago,back in the days when roundhouse was jumping this titanic: Just pull the plug on this whole joke of a game and let us all forget this ever existed.
this is the definition of whatever comes before an alpha test... it just never ends. it has been almost half a year now and we didn't even sort out the basics yet.
-talisman bonuses don't apply,or they do,but they don't appear on the character screen.
- many set descriptions are still misleading or have typos (resilience says 3 but applies with 2,aso).
-character skills are full of typos or don't do what they promise they do (see the new fresh addition of assassin troll above)
-the talisman colors on lots of characters don't make any sense at all(assassin with 3 blues,1 useless purple slot on a warrior,aso)
-the drop rates of upgrade materials get randomly (drastically) changed,always creating a bottleneck somewhere else
-should i carry on, mentioning the character slot expansion and other fiascos?

and then you still have the balls to offer us 3 skill shards for 50$ and excuse it with the fact that it comes along with some other useless stuff?!
mate,i live in switzerland,where money grows on trees and i earn this summ in 1 hour. yet still i would never even consider purchasing such a ridiculous thing. i can not imagine what do players from poorer countries think about this great offer....

I hope that at least a few people will take their time to read this post before it gets deleted for "causing unnecessary drama".
i don't mean to be rude. I'm just done with thanking here for at least writing some update announcement here 6 minutes before it starts and i speak my mind.

as your british saying goes: fool me once,shame on you. fool me twice,shame on me. :(

LOTS of valid points there the one i highlighted struck me a while back Gunner POSSESSED ROCKETS Slot 1,2 $ 3 Blank 4 PURPLE 5 BLUE 6 RED
someone must have hit the bong too hard that day...

FlyingV
11-14-2016, 11:30 PM

this is the definition of whatever comes before an alpha test... it just never ends. it has been almost half a year now and we didn't even sort out the basics yet...

I have more than my share of post-roadhouse criticism, but I largely disagree with the bulk of your post. EDIT: Rather, I agree with many of your criticisms, but flatly reject your conclusion. I DO agree that pricing is way off IMO for in-store packages, and even seems insulting when considering many of the bugs still in existence. However, demanding or arguing that the game should be scrapped goes too far.

Roadhouse made the bed and nodding frog has to lie in it. It is a hard position to be in where expectation of forward progress exists alongside demands to fix what was broken by another team of devs. I sympathize with this team and (try to) reserve my criticism for what I believe to be poorly conceived developments going forward (like introducing more characters/promos when inventory slots remain at 100). Frustration is understandable and is experienced by all players, certainly including myself, but scrap the game? Despite the lack of expansion, this is one of the most intelligent strategy battle games I have played (AI notwithstanding) and many of us have invested far too much time, money and loyalty to side with your myopic approach.

One of the greatest games over the past five (if not twenty) years was Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, which was one of the most horrendously buggy games made, complete with tantrum throwing fans who vowed never to buy another "Bethesda beta" again. The point though was that the game was so damned good that it excelled and received critical acclaim despite the horrible quirks and bugs gradually began to get sorted out. Different genres and all, but I feel the same familiarity with LotB... it is too buggy to be Acceptable today, but it is too damn good to give up on. Not only do I look forward to the larger issues being addressed, but I look forward to supporting the game again financially once many of the bugs are worked out and pricing falls in line with the products.

Frost
11-14-2016, 11:42 PM
Thanks a lot. Really good QoL improvements this update.

Just a question: were the drop rates of upgrade runes also changed? I know evo runes were changed, but upgrade ones is my bottleneck right now... Just to know it's good to farm :)

Ringe666-7406
11-14-2016, 11:57 PM
Thanks a lot for this update guys, even my 2* red evo rune stack started to run low... And I got one 3* evo shard in my first play on level X :) Burning talismans seems buggy again, please look into this, it is a great asset in fighting LoL. And someone mentioned removable skill shard? Please make this happen, even in two months, even to remove them only once... My red soulless demon was really useful at one point but since then, not really, and yet three skill shards are permanently trapped on him... Overall, great job, together with those updates from Halloween. I like this course, keep it up \m/

Kardas
11-15-2016, 12:04 AM
Thanks for the update! Now I can stop farming Battlefield Hard and go to Madness again :P . Sad to hear about the technical problems with inventory expansion.

One question though: are there plans to increase the regular rune droprate? I thought the pre-October droprate of 3x 4* runes on Underworld Madness was just fine, but the post-October droprates of 2x 4* or 5x 3* runes with the occasional 5* rune (all on Underworld Madness) is making me burn through runes way faster than gold.

Rydgen
11-15-2016, 12:14 AM
Yes, evo rune and shard drops needed those exact adjustments. Thanks, fellas!

Kaijester
11-15-2016, 01:02 AM
Nothing good dropped from secret locations today, hope it was just my luck.

MrFreeze
11-15-2016, 01:18 AM
Nothing good dropped from secret locations today, hope it was just my luck.

Must've just been a bad night. I got lucky with a rare soul and a G/A soul. Finally got a red bat. Garbage from the other one

Edit: ha I think I failed the captcha thing

Kaijester
11-15-2016, 01:23 AM
Thanks for the assurance!

Anyway it might be raining Rare Souls in dungeon, gotten two out of 6 runs...

Sparton_LOTB
11-15-2016, 01:36 AM
Nice update.
Just wondering when you guys will want to fix the STONE and IRON talisman set bonus... I really cant understand why you just release a Eddie based on DEF when you dont care about the main set bonus for him.
Waiting and waiting...

The set bonuses for those talismans actually function correctly in combat, they just don't report it in the My Team screen (and similar places where it's trying to sum up the stat bonuses from talismans).

I think this is still broken Sparton.
Relentless-3385

I feel like an Assassin Golden Son has proc'd a Paralysis Talisman on me.

It looks like there was some confusion internally about what the fix was. I've updated the first post to indicate that's not fixed yet. Sorry about that.

I'm gonna keep this post extremely polite, even though i'm fuming here [...]

Myself and others appreciate it, I assure you.

In this case it was an internal communication problem, but yes, the end result is that the fix is not live, and I am sorry about that.

We changed some 9's (and some 6's) to 3's, yes. It's a simple change that'll make players' lives much easier
The rune drops so far look like they're working as intended; hell, I've had multiple other developers come up and confirm it as well

There is some known issues regarding a few talismans, yes. Because it's not a simple fix, we don't want to hold up features like Sacrifice or PVP over it, but we also are hiring on different people with different skill sets/experience so we can tackle smaller issues, but are prioritizing things like reward communication (finding evo materials, making it more clear what drops where, etc), communicating a more concise summary of what makes a character awesome in various screens, improving sorting in various screens, etc.

many set descriptions are still misleading or have typos (resilience says 3 but applies with 2,aso)

I've fixed the mislabeling of the Resilience Set Effect (it indeed should be a 3 set) in our internal spreadsheets so that can be corrected in a future update. The other major set effect miscommunication I was aware of was for the Energy Talismans, but that correctly communicates it's a 3 set now (as of a few updates ago, iirc).

For stuff like this, even though we don't commonly post as devs in there, we do periodically scan through the Bug Reports (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/forumdisplay.php?35-Bug-Reports) subthread and silently fix things for future updates, even if it does take an update or two to go out, and I'm working closely with our QA to be better about catching new stuff before it goes out (with mixed results, it seems).

I am the absolute worst person with spelling, and am improving my processes to ensure I don't let the spelling stuff slip through.
The assassin troll was a bit of a last minute addition, so he must have missed getting a thorough check of his skills. We have the issue tracked in our internal database now at least.

The only instance of this happening that we're aware of was for the Assassin Child of the Damned, which did both physical and magical damage but scaled both damage from both stats. This is corrected in this tuning update.

If there are other instances of this, do let us know and we'll correct them as promptly as possible.

I've touched on this in the past, but the main reason for some characters having seemingly odd configurations is to encourage different kinds of builds for different kinds of characters. An assassin that does an atypically large amount of magic damage may be all blues. The Warrior Troll has a mix of purples and a red becuase of it's true damage basic attack, and wanting to encourage people to not just fill it full of reds (due to how purples have a more "rounded" set of stats it gives).

Obviously, sometimes we do goof, like when the magic-damaged Sentinel Pharaoh Sand Spirit had a Red talisman slot, and when the clearly weird ones are pointed out, we do fix them.

Well, it's not random, it's based on player feedback and data from player play patterns. There will always be a bottleneck, yes, but we want it to be in a more sensible place, and preferably without having too much of a certain resource being flooded into the player's inventory. We've definitely not had the best track record here, but I feel confident that we're heading more in the right direction.

You aren't posting a movie quote that calls another player a racial slur, so you're safe for that post at least. I'm not a fan of banning posts out of hand.

Dear Sparton, how about making the Skill Shards removable. Have you considered the option and plan to do it in the future?

It's something we want to revisit in the future, but it's not something we want to do right now. As it stands, the goal is for players to have more characters they want to use, even if some of them are only ideal in certain circumstances. Allowing you to completely pull out the power from various characters goes against that goal.

As it stands, we already see some of that with people pulling talismans around from one character to the next. Our game already has a lot of inventory management busiwork; we don't want to encourage more of it. We didn't want to do that with talismans because it was such a fundamental part of character power that we felt it was too punishing for newer users, which is why we're a bit relaxed with swapping them around, but is also why we've focused so much on making it easier and more managable for getting the basic talismans and the runes to evolve them with the last few tuning updates.

If you have a Facebook account or an email/password associated with your game account, there's the little profile icon on the bottom-left of the screen you tap to log back in with that info.

If not, then use the in-game Support function (once past the tutorial and on most of the main game screens, press the gear option in the top-right, then tap "Support") to tell our CS peeps that you lost your save data on that account due to uninstalling and reinstalling, and as long as it's the same device as before, they should have the info they need to restore your sava data.

[...] the one i highlighted struck me a while back Gunner POSSESSED ROCKETS Slot 1,2 $ 3 Blank 4 PURPLE 5 BLUE 6 RED
someone must have hit the bong too hard that day...

No kidding; I'll adjust that for a subsequent update. This is a character who is suppose to be there to support your team through debuffs, so I'll probably make them all yellow so he can go all out for Special support, too.

Just a question: were the drop rates of upgrade runes also changed? I know evo runes were changed, but upgrade ones is my bottleneck right now... Just to know it's good to farm :)

One question though: are there plans to increase the regular rune droprate? I thought the pre-October droprate of 3x 4* runes on Underworld Madness was just fine, but the post-October droprates of 2x 4* or 5x 3* runes with the occasional 5* rune (all on Underworld Madness) is making me burn through runes way faster than gold.

This has not been adjusted yet. We want to make sure people are having the cadence of evolving more, as while we have seen some people having trouble with running out of XP runes, it's substantially more common that people need evo materials, not XP materials.

Also, if you have a lot of spare evo runes, you can use those for XP (although it's a bit expensive and doesn't give as much). Just be careful to not handicap future talisman evolving plans!

Kaijester
11-15-2016, 02:17 AM
[SIZE=2]
4) It would make the old Eddies still in use. Be fair - almost nobody uses Tailgunner, Mummy etc because you are aware of having better Eddies and would not to invest in something worse. However it kills the fun. Why not to invest you money in different Eddie like for one month, just to have fun

IMO Tailgunner Eddie is a fantastic character and I've maxed out his skills.

Londo-7244
11-15-2016, 03:29 AM

Thanks for the updates. But since this recent one I no longer can get skill shards for badges. Anyone else with this issue?

PsychoEddie
11-15-2016, 04:30 AM
There's an issue which is preventing us from expanding the character and talisman inventories. Players can still increase character inventory to 100 and talisman inventory to 175, but we're investigating why we cannot expand it further.

It could easily be a database issue where only values from 00-99 are allowed (that allows for 100 slots, no more than that) and any attempts to work around that setting would fail/be ignored.

This often happens in software development, something so obvious could be easily overlooked by even very experienced programmers.

It's worth a shot, ask someone to review how the database is set up especially regarding character allowed inventory values.

PsychoEddie
11-15-2016, 04:35 AM

Thanks for the updates. But since this recent one I no longer can get skill shards for badges. Anyone else with this issue?

Maybe this might be it, look at a character you have and click POWER UP. If on the bottom right it says 100/100 then all of your slots are full and you'll need to clear one out to get the skill shard.

PsychoEddie
11-15-2016, 04:51 AM
;)

Don't you mean Scotland or Russia?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al2z7t3M9Og

maxdeviations
11-15-2016, 05:06 AM
just wanna put this out there - CR fury is now healing enemies outright .. please mark as a fix pending. thanks

EDIT - shock seems to have the same problem as the burning talisman.

Ionswarm
11-15-2016, 05:11 AM
Anyone else with this issue?

I was able to buy a skill shard just fine Londo. Shard slots full?

Relentless- 3385

Ionswarm
11-15-2016, 05:14 AM

How do you mean? I don't think SHOCK ever had the multiple instances the burn did if that's what you are suggesting. SHOCK has a chance to drain energy instead.

Reeb99
11-15-2016, 05:30 AM
Looks pretty good on my end, at least on the initial runs. The 3* color evo shard drop adjustment was great, and I've been able to upgrade a few talismans again.

I'm not sure burning talismans are working though. I tried a set for a really short period of time, and never saw any debuff applied. EDIT: Nevermind, I see the explanation.

Also the trooper badges, gold, ironite display was missing from the store when I checked, going to reboot and look again. It's been hit and miss on two different Android phones for a few updates. Might just be a temporary thing. EDIT 2: Just a temporary display glitch apparently. Everything is fine now.

Londo-7244
11-15-2016, 05:40 AM
I was able to buy a skill shard just fine Londo. Shard slots full?

Relentless- 3385

I clear out my inventory regularly. Did a second reinstall and things seem fine. Thanx for the reply tho

maxdeviations
11-15-2016, 06:05 AM
How do you mean? I don't think SHOCK ever had the multiple instances the burn did if that's what you are suggesting. SHOCK has a chance to drain energy instead.

i double cehked ... you ar correct it does not have multiple instances. but it does not drain energy - it applies magic burn. thanks though

PsychoEddie
11-15-2016, 06:27 AM
Greatly increased the frequency of 3 star coloured evo shards in all dungeons (floors 7 to 10 only)

It may be a bit really high now, you may want to check stats on this after this update has gone on a few days, it seems to be too easy to get what I want, but of course, that just may be an anomaly I'm seeing tonight.

Reeb99
11-15-2016, 06:32 AM
It may be a bit really high now, you may want to check stats on this after this update has gone on a few days, it seems to be too easy to get what I want, but of course, that just may be an anomaly I'm seeing tonight.

SHH! I have warriors galore to farm for lol

PsychoEddie
11-15-2016, 06:34 AM
SHH! I have warriors galore to farm for lol

Yeah, I'm staying up later tonight because it's raining red lol.

Sparton_LOTB
11-15-2016, 07:19 AM
But since this recent one I no longer can get skill shards for badges. Anyone else with this issue?

It might be that you're at max inventory slots for one of the possible inventories (souls, shards, runes, etc). Try selling or using up a stack from an inventory that might be at the cap and try again is a work around that works for some people.

The bug for that is in our system, but I don't know if we have a fix for that yet; I'll confirm when I'm back in the office, as we seem to see more people hitting this right now.

It could easily be a database issue where only values from 00-99 are allowed (that allows for 100 slots, no more than that) and any attempts to work around that setting would fail/be ignored.

Actually, I got a message from one of the programmers who indicated there may be a process for pushing new data live that may have been missed because some people on the team weren't aware of the necessity of it being tied to the kind of change I made (the data that controls stuff like max inventory purchase limits is separate from the usual game tuning data I touch, so internal build processes don't have to worry about it, but the live environment has more steps to push the whole change through).

They're going to review it with the rest of the team involved with pushing data live to confirm tomorrow, so we may have a fix for that finally go live soon.

just wanna put this out there - CR fury is now healing enemies outright .. please mark as a fix pending. thanks

This is a longstanding display issue where some attacks will make the hitpoint bar look like it's going the wrong way (it makes it look like current HP is lower than it's supposed to, then after the attack damage is supposed to change the current HP, it looks like it goes "up", like healing), but it's a purely display issue. Proper damage is always recorded when using that fury.

As Ionswarm noted, the shock talisman is intended to only ever apply up to one shock status effect. Unlike the boring burn, shock has the chance of sapping power from the target with the dot, so depending on whether a character is magic focused or physical focused, or whether you want more raw damage or extra damage + a chance at an effect to lock down enemy power skills, you have some choices.

moonsun
11-15-2016, 07:33 AM
Thank you all guys!

PsychoEddie
11-15-2016, 07:37 AM
Actually, I got a message from one of the programmers who indicated there may be a process for pushing new data live that may have been missed because some people on the team weren't aware of the necessity of it being tied to the kind of change I made (the data that controls stuff like max inventory purchase limits is separate from the usual game tuning data I touch, so internal build processes don't have to worry about it, but the live environment has more steps to push the whole change through).

Right, and this is the sort of thing that can happen to anyone quite easily, connected to me bringing it up, without judgement.

Esquatcho
11-15-2016, 07:43 AM

Are we sure this has actually happened? Went through a full sands of time in red LoLX today... Ive gotten 1 red 3* evo shard. Seems pretty similar to before for me. Getting mostly 3* upgrade shards in big quantities as usual...

Is this about right? 1 drop per 11 (I think it was about that) LoLX rounds?

AntonNikolov
11-15-2016, 07:45 AM
Are we sure this has actually happened? Went through a full sands of time in red LoLX today... Ive gotten 1 red 3* evo shard. Seems pretty similar to before for me. Getting mostly 3* upgrade shards in big quantities as usual...

I have the same experience. A large amount of rainbow 3* and not a single red 3* evo shard (2 SoT refills so far).

Kaijester
11-15-2016, 07:52 AM
I've gotten seven 3* red evo shards so it's an obvious improvement compared to last week Warrior day which yields only four. And it's only half the day gone.

blade685
11-15-2016, 07:58 AM
0 red 3* evo shard on lol 10 now for me, grrrr good update again.... :mad:

blade685
11-15-2016, 07:59 AM
I've gotten seven 3* red evo shards so it's an obvious improvement compared to last week Warrior day which yields only four. And it's only half the day gone. for me 0 in 15 turn....
Edit: i have mass shit red shard on lol 10 ....wtf always 0 evo 3* :mad:

Roquetas-5312
11-15-2016, 09:43 AM
0 red 3* evo shard on lol 10 now for me, grrrr good update again.... :mad:

I have got 6 from 15 level 10 :)
Can finally upgrade pss

Roquetas-5312
11-15-2016, 09:51 AM
[QUOTE=Sparton_LOTB;23032]

They're going to review it with the rest of the team involved with pushing data live to confirm tomorrow, so we may have a fix for that finally go live soon.

Great that you have found the root of the problem
Hope this will work soon :) and also help with future updates

It's always difficult taking over from a developer and we appreciate your hard work and keeping us informed sparton

blade685
11-15-2016, 09:51 AM
I have got 6 from 15 level 10 :)
Can finally upgrade pss

always nothing for me :(
want update pss too or golden son, impossible since 1 month boring
I always loot shit shard and i'm full full full, must use it on useless character and can't update, talismans or character

Roquetas-5312
11-15-2016, 09:58 AM
Keep trying blade they are dropping more frequently since update
You are probably just being unlucky

Esquatcho
11-15-2016, 10:23 AM

Who was it that had a thread about how complaining works! After this I refilled the SoT and before it got below 25, I had already scored another 5 of them! Woot!

blade685
11-15-2016, 10:33 AM
22 try 0 red 3* ..... i lost my time and charges in lol X
only 3* red evo is a good loot in lol.....

edit: 24 try, x1000 gold (joke loot) and x5 useless soul 1*.....dev?
edit2: 25 try, x5 soul, 1* red evo shard :mad:

There is a problem with some account or what???

Mizrael
11-15-2016, 11:37 AM
Not sure if someone mentioned it before, but the "inventory changes not saved" while upgrading talismans still occurres. i spent 1h upgrading and swapping talismans only to be sent back in time...

blade685
11-15-2016, 12:45 PM

edit3: 26 try, 1x2* evo shard and 1x1* red evo rhaaaaaaa
edit4: 27 try, 7xred shard (i'm full), 1x red evo.....

it's not luck now....there is a big problem, where are 3* red evo???

blade685
11-15-2016, 01:00 PM
28 try: 3xred shard, 1x1* soul and finally!!!!1x 3* red evo shard!!!

28 try for 1!!!!

satani
11-15-2016, 01:22 PM
well, before the patch i've counted: each 10-12 Lol VII, a 3* evo dropped (quitting the game reset the counter, so you have to keep on for at least 90 SOT, which is very hard, unless you have plenty of time.)
Now I've spent 1 SoT load (~8-9 LoL) and got 1 3* at 5 or 6) when my SoT is reloaded, i'll try again and my last 3* red *should* drop. So for now, i'd say it's not increased, it's the same as before. Yet the decreased requirements for taslisman evolvment are great.
If soon the Eddie Sacrifice option will be enabled (and i can make room for more characters, as i have ~15-20 double Eddies laying around), I'm happy.

osiris0000
11-15-2016, 01:24 PM
28 try: 3xred shard, 1x1* soul and finally!!!!1x 3* red evo shard!!!

28 try for 1!!!!

Calm down my friend. You need to lower your expectations. I have spend more than 3 Sands of time to get some 3* red evo shards. Think about to refill your sands of time as much as you can when you are searching for them. Save your ironites for SoT refills and use them. Don't bother, keep grinding. Soon or later they will drop.

Demoness-9720
11-15-2016, 01:35 PM
Sorry but have found this update pretty useless and disappointing. 160 stamina on gold dungeon, 160 on purple and so far 120 stamina on red not ONE 3 star coloured Evo shard to enable my 4 star characters to evolve. Am farming level 10 I had to laugh when just one 1 star coloured Evo was my reward for doing level 10...I mean come on! 440 stamina and not one 3 star? Is this some sort of joke?

blade685
11-15-2016, 01:43 PM
Sorry but have found this update pretty useless and disappointing. 160 stamina on gold dungeon, 160 on purple and so far 120 stamina on red not ONE 3 star coloured Evo shard to enable my 4 star characters to evolve. Am farming level 10 I had to laugh when just one 1 star coloured Evo was my reward for doing level 10...I mean come on! 440 stamina and not one 3 star? Is this some sort of joke?

same for me before update it was better for 3* coloured evo shard

osiris0000
11-15-2016, 01:49 PM

Well.. I expect minimum 3 SoT refills to get single 3* red evo shard. I lower my expectation, otherwise i get mad :cool: I try to enjoy the game as much as i can.

blade685
11-15-2016, 01:58 PM
Well.. I expect minimum 3 SoT refills to get single 3* red evo shard. I lower my expectation, otherwise i get mad :cool: I try to enjoy the game as much as i can.

many players had today 1 for 3 try...

scott-5496
11-15-2016, 02:41 PM
Well I did one full SoT run through LOL lv 10 and got the two 3* reds evo runes I was looking for so pretty pleased with that. Other picks up have been a bit better than normal for me anyway. Also pick ups on auto farming levels 7, 8 also had pretty decent drop of 2* red evo runes.

FlyingV
11-15-2016, 03:17 PM
Not sure if someone mentioned it before, but the "inventory changes not saved" while upgrading talismans still occurres. i spent 1h upgrading and swapping talismans only to be sent back in time...

I posted this after the last patch. It was acknowledged, so they are/should be aware of it.

Witkacy
11-15-2016, 04:04 PM
This has not been adjusted yet. We want to make sure people are having the cadence of evolving more, as while we have seen some people having trouble with running out of XP runes, it's substantially more common that people need evo materials, not XP materials.

Also, if you have a lot of spare evo runes, you can use those for XP (although it's a bit expensive and doesn't give as much). Just be careful to not handicap future talisman evolving plans!

Hi Sparton :)

That's a pitty, really... Lately you've MADE quite couple things got sorted out... I've got now 16 5* characters (Eddies and so his mates - BTW, the achievement section seems buggy - it shows that I earned 15 5* characters - I assume that's no matter if already gotten 5* or evolved, right? If so - please let me know for the future what characters not to evolve, cause they don't count for the achivements, thanks...)

But so what if I am using constantly ALMOST the same characters over and over again? NOT because I so love 'em - of course I have my favs as everyone - but because I am having troubles with evolving talismans... I have NO runes AT ALL!!! Everything I've got I put instantly to upgrade some of them... I have no supplies... Sure I am getting some from secret locations, but it's waaaay too low, man... I've got some gold - not spending it - because hardly getting runes, all the time getting talismans - almost all the time I have over 150 of them - while getting more - constantly selling em' to make room for another ones keep coming - fine - getting even more gold, but this is not helping me in any way...

Today... 240 SOTs - used as for now - got over 20 talismans - assasin (barrier), void (shield), theft (bulwark, onslaught), boost (will) etc. as I play underworld madness in looking for purple runes... And the runes I've got 5 times... In this number 3 times runes were not purple/gold but red/blue... You guys really think that people need that much talismans, while not giving them chance to evolve them and use?

So let's make some further improvements - 5 x the same talisman used to evolve one and it's maxed? Sounds good? I have LOOOT of spare ones to test it...

You wish me to play more and evolve more - so give me the stuff I need to do this... Cause now since today I will be playing much less - just for my trooper points... Any excessive play is now waste of time and boring - if I can't use any new toons of mine to try them out, because they are ALL being at lvl 100 for long time, yet most of them having poor talismans - not evolved... Or using the old ones to get the materials I need and don't get...

That would be all from me now...

Cheers,

W

Roquetas-5312
11-15-2016, 05:14 PM

That's a pitty, really... Lately you've MADE quite couple things got sorted out... I've got now 16 5* characters (Eddies and so his mates - BTW, the achievement section seems buggy - it shows that I earned 15 5* characters - I assume that's no matter if already gotten 5* or evolved, right? If so - please let me know for the future what characters not to evolve, cause they don't count for the achivements, thanks...)

But so what if I am using constantly ALMOST the same characters over and over again? NOT because I so love 'em - of course I have my favs as everyone - but because I am having troubles with evolving talismans... I have NO runes AT ALL!!! Everything I've got I put instantly to upgrade some of them... I have no supplies... Sure I am getting some from secret locations, but it's waaaay too low, man... I've got some gold - not spending it - because hardly getting runes, all the time getting talismans - almost all the time I have over 150 of them - while getting more - constantly selling em' to make room for another ones keep coming - fine - getting even more gold, but this is not helping me in any way...

Today... 240 SOTs - used as for now - got over 20 talismans - assasin (barrier), void (shield), theft (bulwark, onslaught), boost (will) etc. as I play underworld madness in looking for purple runes... And the runes I've got 5 times... In this number 3 times runes were not purple/gold but red/blue... You guys really think that people need that much talismans, while not giving them chance to evolve them and use?

So let's make some further improvements - 5 x the same talisman used to evolve one and it's maxed? Sounds good? I have LOOOT of spare ones to test it...

You wish me to play more and evolve more - so give me the stuff I need to do this... Cause now since today I will be playing much less - just for my trooper points... Any excessive play is now waste of time and boring - if I can't use any new toons of mine to try them out, because they are ALL being at lvl 100 for long time, yet most of them having poor talismans - not evolved... Or using the old ones to get the materials I need and don't get...

That would be all from me now...

Cheers,

W

Hi agree with you there and just to make clear to Sparton
I can now get characters up to five star by playing lol 7-10 but since October you halted the gold
I can now upgrade some talismans but can't get them to lvl 50 because of no rune drops
Suggesting using j runes is utterly ridiculous a 3 star uses 5 runes level1-30 cost 15k if I use j 3 star runes I need 14 and cost is 67,830
I know it's difficult to balance things up but that's going to take many many more tuning
It may be worth given better drop info on each level so we can play those to try and get what we need

Bottle necks now are runes and character slots

Eagleknight
11-15-2016, 05:56 PM
Morning.

Sparton, is there a plan to try to push the increased character and material space today or has it been pushed further out?

BillLion
11-15-2016, 06:05 PM
I played about 80 SOT in the dungeon level X and scored at least 5 3* red evo shards (was thrilled to get 2 at one time once).

Still no rare souls, but the stated increases are in line with my actual experience.

Sparton_LOTB
11-15-2016, 06:30 PM
Update: A silent update just went out; you can now buy 25 more spaces for character inventory and talisman inventory.

This is the first step towards improving inventory capacities, with further improvements still being worked on for a subsequent update.

Hellrider
11-15-2016, 06:36 PM
There’s a mix of stability improvements and tuning changes this update, but the tuning changes are fairly far-reaching and in many cases specifically requested by players.

Thank you Sparton and devs for the update, especially for the evo rune tunings and bug fixes.

Update: A silent update just went out; you can now buy 25 more spaces for character inventory and talisman inventory.

This is the first step towards improving inventory capacities, with further improvements still being worked on for a subsequent update.

Great!

PsychoEddie
11-15-2016, 06:44 PM

After a restart I could see the change.

I didn't need more slots, but I bought them anyway to check.

BillLion
11-15-2016, 06:50 PM

Excellent -thank you!

Eagleknight
11-15-2016, 06:58 PM
Thanks Sparton.

Sparton_LOTB
11-15-2016, 07:04 PM

I've passed this along to our programmers. It sounds like they found one obvious case which could case the bug to happen quickly, but a really heavy usage of the screen causes the list of actions to get truncated or something at some point. They're looking into it, and I've updated the update post accordingly. Sorry about the fix not being as thorough as we reported.

It sounds like you found a bug which eluded our QA team. Do you know when or what character caused that? They want to investigate further, but any tips you have may help them track down the cause so it can be fixed sooner.

My estimates for using most of the energy an end-game player can generate per day indicates you could get multiple talismans from 3* to 4* and then max level at 4*, which should be more than serviceable to grind in most locations in the game if the talismans work well with a character. Getting a 4* talisman to 5* and max level might take a bit longer depending on luck/amount of matching XP runes, but by no means should it be a process that months, or even weeks, per character if you're even somewhat diligent farming late game campaign (and that's with the assumption you spend some days grinding the Lord of Light dungeons, too).

How long are you expecting to take to get a fresh character to 5* max level with 6 maxed out 5* talismans?

We'd rather be over-generous with talismans than have people grind 200 times and still not see the one they're looking for (which is what it was a while back). It does have the unfortunate flaw in feeding the need to modulate your talisman inventory more frequently, but that seems to be more appreciated by players than insanely rare desirable talismans.

This is definitely an interesting idea; I'll float this by Kaz and the rest of the team to see if there's something that can be done along these lines (or that will at least help with the XP pinch point you and some others seem to be in).

Roquetas-5312
11-15-2016, 07:13 PM
Hi Sparton

I just checked my 5* and was about to point out the error and I see it mentioned above spooky
I have 33 5* and only 32 in achievement
Could it be that holy smoke Eddie is not included ?

Roquetas-5312
11-15-2016, 07:33 PM
Just looking at 4* character achievement and also looks wrong although harder to check
I have a total of 99 4&5* but only shows 89/100 I know 5* don't count but haven't got many 5 * draws
I have Vamp Eddie which I know is 5* PDK and nomad maybe
Can you please check this out

Arcturus
11-15-2016, 07:42 PM
Hi Sparton

I just checked my 5* and was about to point out the error and I see it mentioned above spooky
I have 33 5* and only 32 in achievement
Could it be that holy smoke Eddie is not included ?

I've got this bug, too. 8 5* characters, achievement page lists 7. And I don't have Holy Smoke as 5*. Here's my 5* list:

FotD Eddie
Grim Reaper Eddie+
Carriage Rider Eddie
Nomad+
Angel of Fear
Assassin Golden Sun
Alliance General+
Pharaoh Dog King+

(+ indicates pulled as 5*, others were upgraded)

Also, in case this helps, I've got a total of 36 4* & 5* toons, and my 4* achievement says I have 33. Not sure if there's supposed to be 100% overlap there or not. (FYI, it is possible that I sold one or two 4* toons in the past.)

Roquetas-5312
11-15-2016, 07:50 PM
I've got this bug, too. 8 5* characters, achievement page lists 7. And I don't have Holy Smoke as 5*. Here's my 5* list:

FotD Eddie
Grim Reaper Eddie+
Carriage Rider Eddie
Nomad+
Angel of Fear
Assassin Golden Sun
Alliance General+
Pharaoh Dog King+

(+ indicates pulled as 5*, others were upgraded)

Also, in case this helps, I've got a total of 36 4* & 5* toons, and my 4* achievement says I have 33. Not sure if there's supposed to be 100% overlap there or not. (FYI, it is possible that I sold one or two 4* toons in the past.)

On your list I have
Grim reaper
FOTD a
Nomad
Anger of fear
Ass golden son
Pharaoh dog king

I believe I sold a wickerman Eddie as 4 star

Hope this helps you Sparton

Dave-9385
11-15-2016, 08:05 PM
Firstly,

Thank you and the rest of the devs for a great game and the recent update.

However, you mentioned "Greatly increased the frequency of 3 star coloured evo shards in all dungeons (floors 7 to 10 only)". I've been grinding LoL X all day and only picked up 1 x 3* evo shard. I can't upgrade any more characters still.

After 40+ levels and only 1 drop, is this as expected?

Dave

Varg-0203
11-15-2016, 08:06 PM
...It sounds like you found a bug which eluded our QA team. Do you know when or what character caused that? They want to investigate further, but any tips you have may help them track down the cause so it can be fixed sooner...

Eddie
GR Eddie
FOTD Eddie
Soldier Eddie

Allied Blue Soldier
Corrupted General
Magus Golden Son
PDK

Warrior COTD
Warrior AOF

Assasin Golden Son

Gunner Desert Golem
Gunner Newborn of Light

Alliance General

Eagleknight
11-15-2016, 08:16 PM
Game crashed.
And locked out. Keep getting a reoccurring error.

Witkacy
11-15-2016, 08:17 PM
It sounds like you found a bug which eluded our QA team. Do you know when or what character caused that? They want to investigate further, but any tips you have may help them track down the cause so it can be fixed sooner.

Well... To be honest I didn't track the achivement section after every evolving, cause I knew I am a bit far from getting 25 number - and I am not in a position to tell you when did actually happen or what character caused this... However I am always willing to help and I could write what characters already have 5* or been evolved and these which NOT caused this for sure - cause been evolved after spotting this one... So you can simply eliminate these and sort things out...

Holy Smoke Eddie - definitely not him - evolved him after spotting the bug
Mummy Eddie
Fear Of The Dark Eddie
Carriage Rider Eddie - not him for sure - was my first Eddie evolved to 5*
Grim Reaper Eddie*
Speed Of Light Eddie
Soldier Eddie - not him either (see HS Eddie)
Troll (Warrior)
PSS (Warrior)
The Nomad*
Angel Of Fear
Alliance General*
Corrupt General*
Pharaoh Dog King*
Child Of The Damned (Gunner)
Golden Son (Assassin) - not him as well (vide HS Eddie)

* - no need to evolve

Hope that this will help you somehow ;)

How long are you expecting to take to get a fresh character to 5* max level with 6 maxed out 5* talismans?

I think to be honest that two weeks should be a fair time... I've got 4 decent characters thanks to Halloween event and beyond and for 2 weeks I am not able to max any sets of talismans... That's right - I ''borrowed'' some already maxed from chars I am not using for a while - but it's not the sollution, really... And because I haven't any assassin character at all so far (I guess I got one as the reward from the game, yet sold it) - I didn't have any assassin's talismans maxed to borrow... So this one I am doing from scratch and after two weeks of grinding I wasn't able to do any purple talismans to lvl 50... Most still lvl 40 (not maxed), one more than a half maxed to lvl40... When I do get skill shards for my character a lot faster (trooper points, achivements system) than actually evolving talismans for him, this is not right... Of course I am happy of skill shards, but I wouldn't risk to play with such character in underworld madness, just to make sure he would die somewhere between stages - I do not have a Pharaoh Eddie to give him invicibility and The Grim Reaper is not ready yet - for the same reason ^^

This is definitely an interesting idea; I'll float this by Kaz and the rest of the team to see if there's something that can be done along these lines (or that will at least help with the XP pinch point you and some others seem to be in).

Would be great - please do! At least, try, okie? Or increase the drop rates significantly... I mean it... Thanks a lot :)

Cheers,
W

Roquetas-5312
11-15-2016, 08:18 PM
On your list I have
Grim reaper
FOTD a
Nomad
Anger of fear
Ass golden son
Pharaoh dog king

I believe I sold a wickerman Eddie as 4 star

Hope this helps you Sparton

With vary the list goes down to
Grim reaper
FOTD
Angle of fear
Ass golden sun
Pharaoh dog king

If anyone else checks reply with this post and reduce the list to help devs
Thank you

Ian
11-15-2016, 08:22 PM
Game crashed.
And locked out. Keep getting a reoccurring error.

First time I've tried to use the game today and was getting a login failed message about 5 minutes ago, but works fine now...

Eagleknight
11-15-2016, 08:25 PM
Back in game now.

Ancient Mariner
11-15-2016, 08:27 PM
About the 4/5* chars achievements, don't know if it's been already said (and in this case sorry to repeat), but i have the suspect that the count has a weird working: let's say i had 29/50 4* chars achieved (i don't remember the exact values but it doesn't matter), then i upgraded a Mummy Eddie to 5*.
I had a +1 to the 5* chars achievement (for having upgraded the mummy) but if i'm not mistaken the 4* chars count went down again, as if the mummy upgraded to 5* wouldn't ever been previously there as a 4* char (and i guess this isn't intended to happen, i suppose the achievement works the way that you must have had X amount of 4/5* chars, no matter if you sold them or upgraded them, right?).

I underlined that part because i'm not 100% sure i remember well, my memory could be playing tricks...and i unluckly can't upgrade anything to test it.

So did this happen to anyone else? So that we understand if it's actually happening or not..

Roquetas-5312
11-15-2016, 08:32 PM
Ancient mariner we know if you sell a 4* character it doesn't decrease the achievement been tested and
Confirmed by 2 separate sources
We also know if you get a five star character it's doesn't increase the 4 star achiements only the five star

We are looking for the common denominator in the five star as it appears to be only 1 short for most
People 4 star may take a lot longer to work out the problem

Roquetas-5312
11-15-2016, 08:36 PM
The list of 5 star characters is down to

Grim reaper
FOTD
Angel of fear
Ass golden sun
PDK

If you are 1 five star short on achiements and don't have one of the above please shorten the list

Witkacy
11-15-2016, 08:46 PM

Grim reaper
FOTD
Angel of fear
Ass golden sun
PDK

If you are 1 five star short on achiements and don't have one of the above please shorten the list

Roquetas :)

My friend - as I already said in my post - you can exclude The Golden Son (Assassin) from the list - cause this one was the last one I evolved, while I already was down one off achivements section - so he can't be the one - and I am sure about it :)

Cheers,

W

Roquetas-5312
11-15-2016, 08:52 PM
Thanks w

I'm guessing it may be grim reaper as it was an achiement

Witkacy
11-15-2016, 08:59 PM
Thanks w

I'm guessing it may be grim reaper as it was an achiement

If that so there should post someone who hasn't got The Grim Reaper Eddie yet, if his/her counts of 5* characters is correct to prove it... If yes - the case solved :)

Ionswarm
11-15-2016, 09:17 PM

Grim reaper
FOTD
Angel of fear
Ass golden sun
PDK

I don't have PDK and I'm 1 short.

Witkacy
11-15-2016, 09:33 PM
I don't have PDK and I'm 1 short.

Ionswarm :)

Thanks for the tip, man...

So the list is:

Grim Reaper Eddie
Fear Of The Dark Eddie
Angel Of Fear

Not much choices left for the devs - it should help them greatly...

Roquetas-5312
11-15-2016, 09:33 PM
Down to a possible 3 now

Grim reaper
FOTD
Angel of fear

Time for jerry to shine
Unless anyone else can reduce :)

Sparton_LOTB
11-15-2016, 09:51 PM
Thanks to everyone reporting issues regarding the character achievement progress not always being accurately reported; our QA has logged the issue and is investigating how it could trigger, and I've added information from your posts to our internal ticket to help track down the issue.

Weird thing is I don't think it's Grim Reaper Eddie... or if it is, it doesn't always happen. A few people internally have accurate 5 star character achievement counts and have that Eddie. It still looks like a common factor, though, so maybe if there's a bug with redeeming it like some have suggested, that could be it...

However, you mentioned "Greatly increased the frequency of 3 star coloured evo shards in all dungeons (floors 7 to 10 only)". I've been grinding LoL X all day and only picked up 1 x 3* evo shard. I can't upgrade any more characters still.

After 40+ levels and only 1 drop, is this as expected?

No, that's remarkably unlucky.

There's definitely been a mix of reactions regarding this subject in the forum; some people have gotten enough for a single character before the day is done, others have grinded a lot and still got nothing. The overall range reported here indicates the changes have indeed gone through and some people are just luckier than others in this 24 hour window since the update went live.

Do keep in mind that this has only been live since noon yesterday, so for some of you who are counting time spent on the Assassin dungeon from early Monday/all day Sunday, or the Gunner dungeon at all, you're looking at drops from before the tuning update arrived.

I think to be honest that two weeks should be a fair time... I've got 4 decent characters thanks to Halloween event and beyond and for 2 weeks I am not able to max any sets of talismans... That's right - I ''borrowed'' some already maxed from chars I am not using for a while - but it's not the sollution, really... And because I haven't any assassin character at all so far (I guess I got one as the reward from the game, yet sold it) - I didn't have any assassin's talismans maxed to borrow... So this one I am doing from scratch and after two weeks of grinding I wasn't able to do any purple talismans to lvl 50... Most still lvl 40 (not maxed), one more than a half maxed to lvl40...

I'll look into confirming what exactly an "average" luck should take for maxing out a set of talismans is and see what solutions can be done. It might just be you've hit a string of bad luck, but there's probably a thing or two I can look into to help guarantee more progress at least, similar to the secret location changes that were done for evo materials this update.

Eagleknight
11-15-2016, 10:03 PM
Wanted to say thanks again. Bought the new charater slots and opened some souls. Got 5* samurai Eddie, 4* CR, soldier eddies and gunner newborn of light.

Also, was the purple light voidling fixed? Have leveled him to 4* and he did not change yet. So I think it was fixed.

Thanks again for the character slots. Now just need sacrifice and we will be gtg for pvp.

Ringe666-7406
11-15-2016, 10:10 PM
http://imgur.com/a/1WTSb Here's my team, 13 of 'em, yet it says 12... So not AoF and not FotD since I don't have any of them :D

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAND THE WINNER IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS - GRIIIIIIIIIIIM REAAAAAAAAAAAAAPEEEEEEEEEEEER :D

Witkacy
11-15-2016, 10:14 PM
Thanks to everyone reporting issues regarding the character achievement progress not always being accurately reported; our QA has logged the issue and is investigating how it could trigger, and I've added information from your posts to our internal ticket to help track down the issue.

Weird thing is I don't think it's Grim Reaper Eddie... or if it is, it doesn't always happen. A few people internally have accurate 5 star character achievement counts and have that Eddie. It still looks like a common factor, though, so maybe if there's a bug with redeeming it like some have suggested, that could be it...

I'll look into confirming what exactly an "average" luck should take for maxing out a set of talismans is and see what solutions can be done. It might just be you've hit a string of bad luck, but there's probably a thing or two I can look into to help guarantee more progress at least, similar to the secret location changes that were done for evo materials this update.

That would be fantastic, thanks! Well... I tried couple of battles now to see if I got any runes - I did not many 2 of them - yet again red - sure I used them, but they are not as effective as purple ones... Do the rules regarding worlds and so drops still being valid? Not that I am complaining but it's really hard to get purple runes in underworld these days, at least for me... If I recollect well before the great (october) update it was much better - I was given much more purple runes there - yet at that time I was using them to evolve other - non purple talismans...

Once again thanks - any kind of help is greatly appreciated or at least maybe you could make one stage in each world with dropping only runes?

And if you like bugs - I've got another one for you...

When using my not maxed Eddie in one of the spare slots after the battle I got info: Level Up! Let's say 55... While on the bottom is ''Level Max'' :)

I could post a screenshot off my tablet if you're interested to know what I am saying about...

Sparton_LOTB
11-15-2016, 10:31 PM
Do the rules regarding worlds and so drops still being valid? Not that I am complaining but it's really hard to get purple runes in underworld these days, at least for me...

The colour rules are only for evo material. XP materials are roughly even between XP shards/XP runes, and are roughly even between all five colours, except biased for the main 3 colours and biased towards shards in the earlier worlds/difficulties.

Once again thanks - any kind of help is greatly appreciated or at least maybe you could make one stage in each world with dropping only runes?

We don't want to do that in the campaign specifically, but there will be something in the future which will specifically make it easier to grind for runes.

When using my not maxed Eddie in one of the spare slots after the battle I got info: Level Up! Let's say 55... While on the bottom is ''Level Max'' :)

Yeah, that's I think a partial fix to a bug where before it looked like it actually leveled up to the max level each time (which happens if you have another character which is the same person/star level). A bit confusing, but at least harmless.

Roquetas-5312
11-15-2016, 10:35 PM
Thanks to everyone helping with the character achievement error and Sparton for logging it in Q&A

Hopefully it will get sorted soon, also note the 4* is misbehaving but not really something we can iron out
With forum members sorry sparton

Kaijester
11-15-2016, 10:47 PM
Weird...I counted 63 five stars character but achievements states 64. I've sold a couple of 4* characters for space...maybe sold 5* accidentally...:(

Anyway thanks Sparton for pushing for the addition character slots! Much appreciated!

Ringe666-7406
11-15-2016, 10:47 PM
I keep forgetting - Sparton, can you please tell us if you plan to enable Eddies to get buff and effects with their past/future skills? Thanks in advance :D \m/ Oh, and one more: is there some reason for higher price on red leveling runes than on any other?

Malcifar-8940
11-15-2016, 10:58 PM
I also have the 5 star issue reporting 19 out of 20.

I don't have a FOTD eddie.

I do have the following 5*:
Samurai eddie
Pharaoh eddie
Grim reaper eddie
Mummy eddie
Speed of light Eddie
Run to the hills eddie
Carriage rider eddie
Visions eddie
Soldier eddie
Assassin golden son (x3)
Magus golden son
Warrior child of the damned
Corrupt general
Allied general
Sentinel haunted pumpkin
Angel of fear
Warrior axis bomber boy
Gunner dog

Eagleknight
11-15-2016, 11:10 PM
I am also seeing a mistake. 72/73 5*s. Or I could have miscounted.

eddiejose
11-15-2016, 11:20 PM
I didn't realize until now... I have 19 characters with 5* and the achievement only states 18. I have Grim Reaper so that could be it

Malcifar-8940
11-15-2016, 11:29 PM
I also have the 5 star issue reporting 19 out of 20.

I don't have a FOTD eddie.

I do have the following 5*:
Samurai eddie
Pharaoh eddie
Grim reaper eddie
Mummy eddie
Speed of light Eddie
Run to the hills eddie
Carriage rider eddie
Visions eddie
Soldier eddie
Assassin golden son (x3)
Magus golden son
Warrior child of the damned
Corrupt general
Allied general
Sentinel haunted pumpkin
Angel of fear
Warrior axis bomber boy
Gunner dog

Just evolved a regular eddie to 5* and it bumped it up to 20, so now reporting 20 instead of 21.

Esquatcho
11-15-2016, 11:39 PM

There is a problem with some account or what???

Yeah, that sounds either really unlucky, or something is strange there. I got 6x3* red evo shards in LoL X yesterday in half as many tries... Maybe force close and restart the app? Or try redownloading it? Those drop rates sound like pre-update to me....

slauki
11-16-2016, 12:21 AM
thank you for all the efforts and for expanding some slots.
the tuning patch seems okay for lower * runes so far, but i think it was a mistake not to adjust the XP runes. they are the new bottleneck, which was stated here several times.
makes no sense to evolve 10 talismans to level 50 without beeing able to maximize them. maybe it would be possible, that they also gain XP like characters...this would help a lot.

another thing is making me suspicious, it's the 3* coloured shards issue. the community seems divided, some got good drops some got extremly crappy dropps. i needed two 3* redshards
and had to invest 90 or 120 ironite to get them. seems extremly unlucky (maybe too unlucky). sure the drops are random, but it seems that some people are suffering more than they are supposed to.
maybe many some of us really got a streak of bad luck, but it's extremly unlikely that this happens to so many people at once. maybe this change was not applied on android, but it's way to early to tell something, since the
played number are way too small. so just a random thought :-)

cheers

Sparton_LOTB
11-16-2016, 12:28 AM
I keep forgetting - Sparton, can you please tell us if you plan to enable Eddies to get buff and effects with their past/future skills?

Not sure what you mean by this; can you elaborate?

Oh, and one more: is there some reason for higher price on red leveling runes than on any other?

...No. I'll fix that in a subsequent update. Sorry!

Ringe666-7406
11-16-2016, 12:39 AM
Not sure what you mean by this; can you elaborate?

...No. I'll fix that in a subsequent update. Sorry!

Oh boy... Lucky I've got enough gold, but this more expensive upgrade was poking me in the eye since the beginning :D As for the first question, well, for example, if I put Freezing talismans on CR or GR Eddie, they cannot apply effect with skills as Horrow, or Whither... CR can do that only with Scythe skill... And not a single char cannot apply any effect/buff gained from talismans with Power skill, even if it is Perfect hit... Hope it helped. Thanks a lot :D \m/

Eagleknight
11-16-2016, 12:54 AM
Hate to say it but now lvling tailismans is a problem. I can evolve them but not lvl them. Sigh..

I'm can't even complete the daily achievement.

Sparton_LOTB
11-16-2016, 01:12 AM
As for the first question, well, for example, if I put Freezing talismans on CR or GR Eddie, they cannot apply effect with skills as Horrow, or Whither... CR can do that only with Scythe skill... And not a single char cannot apply any effect/buff gained from talismans with Power skill, even if it is Perfect hit...

We're still investigating a thorough fix for this. I'm not sure if the attempted fix we've done internally doesn't fully work or if we've just missed a few characters.

Esquatcho
11-16-2016, 01:22 AM
Hate to say it but now lvling tailismans is a problem. I can evolve them but not lvl them. Sigh..

I'm can't even complete the daily achievement.

I find that if I grind underworld madness and keep on top of secret levels, I get enough upgrade runes. The last 10 levels of a 5* talisman is tough, but otherwise, it does take time, but they get there eventually. But I guess the question is, is it better to have the bottleneck in the upgrade runes, or in the evo runes? At the moment, it definitely is the upgrades for 5* runes. At lower levels though, they seem to jump quite quickly. Personally Im not sure which I'd prefer. But right now it feels to me much better than it was previously!

Eagleknight
11-16-2016, 03:20 AM
I find that if I grind underworld madness and keep on top of secret levels, I get enough upgrade runes. The last 10 levels of a 5* talisman is tough, but otherwise, it does take time, but they get there eventually. But I guess the question is, is it better to have the bottleneck in the upgrade runes, or in the evo runes? At the moment, it definitely is the upgrades for 5* runes. At lower levels though, they seem to jump quite quickly. Personally Im not sure which I'd prefer. But right now it feels to me much better than it was previously!

I just finished my 50'troopers for the day ran all of them on powerslave. I didn't even have enough materials to level 1 talisman from lvl 30 to lvl 45 very sad. What good is it to have evo runes when u can't lvl the damb tailisman.

I love what the devs are trying to do but every increase to fix a bottleneck or shortage creates another one. That is not fix its a shell game.

Kaijester
11-16-2016, 03:23 AM
The days of Powerslave are over for me...I'm getting a healthy amount if runes from Underworld Madness and just upgraded another 10 level on my 5* health talisman.

Reeb99
11-16-2016, 03:46 AM
I'm also showing 1 short on the 5* character achievement, and like everyone else, I've unlocked Grim Reaper Eddie.

Also I do my rune farming on underworld madness, Gold farming on Matter of Life and Death, and then just specialized material farming wherever needed.

Eagleknight
11-16-2016, 04:10 AM
I usually farm mater of life and death or game of death. However today I ran 50 powerslave and should have got some runes but the drop rate was low.

On the 5* achievement it may be GR cause I'm seeing 92/93.

aur0ra85
11-16-2016, 05:39 AM
I'll try this again. I spent 30mins writing and my post disappeared.

I have retired from gameplay due to what I believe is an inherently broken drop rate system. I literally has stacks of 5* xp runes and sold them to create inventory space for evo runes. The bottleneck needs to be gold and not upgrade materials. I feel attempting to balance the drop rates for thousands of players on different development paths is an exercise in futility. I feel that if gold were the bottleneck, like the game team promised a while ago, it would be a very simple matter of balancing the system as even if certain items were rare, you'd be willing to sell them for more gold. I feel that a gold bottleneck would solve the current inventory issues, it would produce a system that is not pay to win, but more pay for convenience because even if I had hundreds of talismans and all max characters, I could get beat up in the arena by someone with max skill shards. It's not a pay to win system. From a free to play perspective, by throttling the gold in the system, the devs can control how fast a free to play player develops their account. I feel like trying to balance the drop rate would be simplified by a gold bottleneck because devs could simply add or remove gold from a tuning update. I also feel like all of the hundreds of man hours creating new characters, and rebalancing and reworking current ones is a completely moot point if I cannot use more than a handful of characters due to the talisman bottleneck. I am truly puzzled as to why this system has not been changed, and the only logical reason I see is that the dev team is actively hindering our progress. I have 25+ level 100 toons, and the ability to use about 5 or 6 consistently, in addition, I only have enough talismans for about 5 eddies (I have 10?). Realistically at this rate, I will never use more than a half dozen toons, as every Eddie has a different synergy with a different set of allies. What is the point of having 80 characters, and what is the point of me upgrading them to max level? The frustration is real. I also feel this item bottleneck issue costs the dev team profits.

I grinded out a max Clash of Clans account over the course of two years, once it was maxed, the real gameplay began and I spent more time on it than ever before. I don't grind for fun, I grind to eventually play the way I want when I want.

In addition to the above mentioned change, I would personally like to see the game be more social and an in game chat, and in game email system added using the troopers as contacts. After all, all games are more fun when played with your friends.
Lastly, a deleted trooper cannot be re-added, which may become a dealbreaker for me anyway if the drop rate is fixed. Most of my troopers have deleted me due to inactivity (I understand lol).

There was originally more in this post, but I need sleep now. Please don't take my criticism too harshly, it's just how I feel about this game. For all the artwork and all the fun is not worth the broken drop system.

Eagleknight
11-16-2016, 06:01 AM
I'll try this again. I spent 30mins writing and my post disappeared.

I have retired from gameplay due to what I believe is an inherently broken drop rate system. I literally has stacks of 5* xp runes and sold them to create inventory space for evo runes. The bottleneck needs to be gold and not upgrade materials. I feel attempting to balance the drop rates for thousands of players on different development paths is an exercise in futility. I feel that if gold were the bottleneck, like the game team promised a while ago, it would be a very simple matter of balancing the system as even if certain items were rare, you'd be willing to sell them for more gold. I feel that a gold bottleneck would solve the current inventory issues, it would produce a system that is not pay to win, but more pay for convenience because even if I had hundreds of talismans and all max characters, I could get beat up in the arena by someone with max skill shards. It's not a pay to win system. From a free to play perspective, by throttling the gold in the system, the devs can control how fast a free to play player develops their account. I feel like trying to balance the drop rate would be simplified by a gold bottleneck because devs could simply add or remove gold from a tuning update. I also feel like all of the hundreds of man hours creating new characters, and rebalancing and reworking current ones is a completely moot point if I cannot use more than a handful of characters due to the talisman bottleneck. I am truly puzzled as to why this system has not been changed, and the only logical reason I see is that the dev team is actively hindering our progress. I grinded out a max Clash of Clans account over the course of two years, once it was maxed, the real gameplay began and I spent more time on it than ever before. I don't grind for fun, I grind to eventually play the way I want when I want.

In addition to the above mentioned change, I would personally like to see the game be more social and an in game chat, and in game email system added using the troopers as contacts. After all, all games are more fun when played with your friends.
Lastly, a deleted trooper cannot be re-added, which may become a dealbreaker for me anyway if the drop rate is fixed. Most of my troopers have deleted me due to inactivity (I understand lol).

There was originally more in this post, but I need sleep now. Please don't take my criticism too harshly, it's just how I feel about this game. For all the artwork and all the fun is not worth the broken drop system.

I agree something has to be done about the bottleneck. It sucks you are taking a break, but I understand. The bottleneck is now the runes for lvling up tailismans. I have been farming for hours. I tried powerslave madness 50 times with a very low drop rate. I switched to matter of life and death and game of death a full sands of time each. The drop rate is just bad.

I get excited every time there is an update to fix stuff but it's like one problem just replaces another one.

I am actually worried that I made a mistake trying to reach the 100 5* achievement today. I burnt through all my reserves and now I can really see how bad drop rates are because I have space to keep new mats.

I just don't understand why to improve one thing something else has to be messed with.

I don't think it's intentional but it's really becoming a real pain. It's bad when you play as much as I do and you can't lvl things.

I also think that finding the needed 3* colored runes for evolving my last few characters will take
A long time.

I really feel for the casual player or new player.

I have to add I really appreciate the hard work of the devs and send thanks to Sparton for putting up with all the complaints and nitpicking. It's just really easy to get frustrated when you put so much into a game you like and you feel like you can't reach your goals.

Esquatcho
11-16-2016, 07:59 AM
I also think that finding the needed 3* colored runes for evolving my last few characters will take
A long time.

As someone who has been dealing with insuffcient mats for a long time, the 3* colour evo runes are fine now. Upgrade runes are a different story. But the best place for those are definitely underworld madness. They high level upgrade *'s seem on be much more likely there.

I think this needs to be a broader discussion about where the bottlenecks in the game need to be. For the people saying its upgrade runes, if they get more, then there will just be a bottleneck somewhere else. Meanwhile, you cant just keep increasing drop rates.

So to tweak things, the question is what should the bottleneck be? 3* rainbow evos? Gold? 3* coloured evos? Actually I might make a poll!

Ddrak
11-16-2016, 08:23 AM
The problem for me are blue evo runes (3* in particular), the only places where they drop are the first two world, where there's no other worthy reward.

Ringe666-7406
11-16-2016, 09:03 AM
Well, they can simply remove leveling shards from the campaign since we are getting loads of them in dungeon... Seems quite simple to me, plus no need to remove gold...

MrFreeze
11-16-2016, 11:24 AM
These guys can tweak numbers til the game dies. Honestly I'd like to see something new at this point. Auto farming the same levels over and over is slowly making me lose interest. Most of us can beat everything in the game pretty easily. If your like me, all your doing is leveling up characters for pvp or sacrifice or anything. Devs you guys should take a week off right after you push pvp. Your gonna get hell about it regardless of how good or bad it is. Thanks for the effort. Tweaking is great where it's needed but let's move forward please

IceeeDz
11-16-2016, 11:47 AM
I just finished my 50'troopers for the day ran all of them on powerslave. I didn't even have enough materials to level 1 talisman from lvl 30 to lvl 45 very sad. What good is it to have evo runes when u can't lvl the damb tailisman.

Yes, and the Blue color is the biggest problem to me. I get 4* and 5* Red runes from Secret Locations, but I never got one blue. I can't have 2 magus char on same team because my talis are not even 4* maxed. Hell, I can even evolve 2 of them to 5* but can't put them lvl 2.

blade685
11-16-2016, 12:06 PM
Yes, and the Blue color is the biggest problem to me. I get 4* and 5* Red runes from Secret Locations, but I never got one blue. I can't have 2 magus char on same team because my talis are not even 4* maxed. Hell, I can even evolve 2 of them to 5* but can't put them lvl 2.

same big pb for me

Mizrael
11-16-2016, 12:16 PM
i have been thinking of writing an in depth post about LOTB for a long time now,but sadly i never have time to do it.
Let's just talk about one of the chapters i wanted to include:
Drops

No one seems to see the big issue here,even though alot of people already touched it slightly. The WHOLE currency system is flawed and simply changing 9s to 3s wont cure it.

Every rpg game has some currencies. mostly gems(diamonds,ironite)-the more valuable one and usually available via hard grinding or real money and then gold-the common one acquired by casual playing.

In LotB we have: experience shards,evolution shards (those split into class specific ones and the universal ones),we have runes to level talismans and runes to upgrade talismans. all of these come in 3-5 different stages and then there is gold. So that makes about 100+ different materials which you are after on different stages of progressing through the game. once you need to upgrade character then its talismans,so you are constantly chasing one of those 100+ currencies.

What makes it even worse is that they are all included in the same pool which also includes the talismans themselves PLUS souls to get new characters!!! Fishing one specific material out of such a wide pool is near impossible,causing you to have hundreds of some materials which you currently don't need and a shortage of those you need to do the thing you are currently after. hence the constant bottlenecking and frustration of players at different stages of progression.

Maybe my previous comments that this project should be scrapped were a bit harsh,but what i meant was that it definitely needs to be completely reworked from its core.
Yes,the concept was not well thought through by the previous developers and the nodding frog guys inherited a rather thorny bed, but simply changing the bed sheets won't remove the thorns...
Sadly,as we have seen in many previous attempts to patch things, the new developers seem to struggle even with the basic coding and asking of them to rework everything from scratch is probably a bit too big cookie for them to chew.
but thats the only solution i see for this flawed concept.

if i were Sparton i would put a full stop on the PVP development (which at the state this game is in will only cause more trouble than good) and rather put the whole team onto rethinking the concept of drops (including the characters and souls,but thats a different chapter...).
the first and easiest step would be to completely remove exp shards from the game. yes,it would make it a bit harder for new players, but it would free up some "drop slots" and bring sense back into character leveling through actually playing with them.
second thing you need to do is bring new game modes/locations which would specify in droping one resource only. we have seen what a massive improvement has LOL brought by separating 3*evo shards out of the pool.
and this needs to be done with other resources,so that the player can decide, what to do and where to farm to get what he needs, rather than autofarming the highest stage for days in hope that he gets something useful for it...

I have also invested lots of time and money into this game and even though my comments are usually harsh i only try to give a wake up call to the devs,because something bigger that changing the numbers needs to be done. and even after so many hiccups i still believe that this game has a big potential....

BillLion
11-16-2016, 12:37 PM
These guys can tweak numbers til the game dies. Honestly I'd like to see something new at this point. Auto farming the same levels over and over is slowly making me lose interest. Most of us can beat everything in the game pretty easily. If your like me, all your doing is leveling up characters for pvp or sacrifice or anything. Devs you guys should take a week off right after you push pvp. Your gonna get hell about it regardless of how good or bad it is. Thanks for the effort. Tweaking is great where it's needed but let's move forward please

Yes. I am encouraged by and appreciate all of the tuning, but I share these sentiments.

Monte47
11-16-2016, 01:12 PM
Thank you so much for keeping us up to date, I know you are working hard. The Halloween gift was so helpful, the greater numbers of 3* evos has made my team way better, thank you.

That said, is there going to be new content of any sort? Or are you too locked in on bugs and drops?

I'm not criticizing, just curious as I've gone as far as I can go, and it's just the same thing everyday now to use my troopers for points.

Take care, and thanks for interacting.

Witkacy
11-16-2016, 01:27 PM

Esquatcho :)

Oh, yeah? From today's ALL secret locations I got 1 (one) power up rune - 4* purple... But that's it... How do you think - how great it helped me to upgrade talismans?

Speaking of what's better... I NOT agree with you on that... Think a bit and ask yourself? What's better? Having LESS talismans evolved, yet fully maxed, or PLENTY evolved, but none of or very few maxed? Then do a test - equip a toon of yours with full set of talismans maxed up to 30 and observe how's your char going, and then put into him just 3 talismans yet fully maxed - and spot the difference...

Cheers,
W

Esquatcho
11-16-2016, 02:03 PM
Esquatcho :)

Oh, yeah? From today's ALL secret locations I got 1 (one) power up rune - 4* purple... But that's it... How do you think - how great it helped me to upgrade talismans?

Speaking of what's better... I NOT agree with you on that... Think a bit and ask yourself? What's better? Having LESS talismans evolved, yet fully maxed, or PLENTY evolved, but none of or very few maxed? Then do a test - equip a toon of yours with full set of talismans maxed up to 30 and observe how's your char going, and then put into him just 3 talismans yet fully maxed - and spot the difference...

Cheers,
W

Well when I said it feels better than previously, I mean since before this most recent update :)

Since this update, I havent had a problem getting talismans up to 4* level 40. Getting them to 5* 50 is big difference in upgrade shards needed. A 5* level 30 is still better stats than a 4* level 40 though. So at the moment, with my newish team, I personally would rather the evo runes to get talismans to 5*, even if lower level, than have maxed out 4* talismans.

But I get where you and others are coming from. Its tough to get those level 50 5* talismans. I wish my team was good enough, like yours, to make it an issue :)

But thats why I asked the question. Its probably not always the same for people at different stages for the team, so was keen to hear other peoples thoughts! Thanks :)

Ionswarm
11-16-2016, 02:04 PM
We're still investigating a thorough fix for this. I'm not sure if the attempted fix we've done internally doesn't fully work or if we've just missed a few characters.

I can confirm that SHOCK and PENETRATE work on all 3 basic skills for GR Eddie. Haven't tried others yet.

Ringe666-7406
11-16-2016, 02:26 PM
I can confirm that SHOCK and PENETRATE work on all 3 basic skills for GR Eddie. Haven't tried others yet.

What might be the problem is that effects can only be applied with one tap attacks, not the three taps attacks or tap the full circle attacks...

Ionswarm
11-16-2016, 02:45 PM
What might be the problem is that effects can only be applied with one tap attacks, not the three taps attacks or tap the full circle attacks...

Just ran through several trials and this was my conclusion too. All basic eddie attacks that require a single tap seem to work fine now. But this was not true before the latest update.

Witkacy
11-16-2016, 02:49 PM
Afternoon folks :)

I have a dream... :) No, actually, not but I tried to draw you attention... Few days ago I wrote in suggestions & feedback section to make possible runes drop in dungeons instead xp shards... Couple of persons replied, yet no devs - so I get that people are not interested in such change... So how about making something opposite? Kicking off the xp runes off the worlds (and let them be in the dungeons only - no one hurts - even new players have access there)...

And get some RUNES instead xp shards in the worlds... One simple move, one change - and most people will be happy...

It just CAN'T BE like it is now - truly why I need to evolve 20, 50, 100 characters if I only use 5-7 all the time (being maxed out with talismans, some got even full skill shards)...

Today I've got 1 (one) 3* blue evo shard after using 240 SOTs in level 8 - WOW! But seriously I needed just one to evolve another blue character to 5* - question is: why the hell for - if I won't be able to use it anyway, not having good talismans...

I know it's kinda annoying to be such repetitive, but I have to be like Eagleknight about expanding inventory slots :)

Have a nice day, everyone!

Cheers,

W

Vaseodin
11-16-2016, 03:11 PM
Still no fix for the sentinel golden son.

Witkacy
11-17-2016, 08:06 PM

Here are my thoughts... It may happened that some people not having problem with counting that particular achievement ''Master Of Skulls'' - if my memory serves well - that's right? Because they might finish it after you have relesed the achievement system in fact... So the system COULD REGISTER the fact that the new Eddie is obtained that way...

Yet the great majority of players (including myself) have earned three skulls everywhere possible LONG BEFORE the achievement system was set... So it coudn't register this fact, yet it was certain that new Eddie didn't come to us the usual way - through souls - so the system might ignore him, like he never existed...

Why I thought this way? Because after a while of thinking it striked me that the system counts my achievement with clearing LOL dungeons from the very start - like I've never been doing this before, which is obvious nonsense - otherwise I wouldn't have acquired certain stuff to upgrade my toons - I did this hundereds of times already, yet the system not registered that...

Cheers,

W

Mizrael
11-17-2016, 08:37 PM

Here are my thoughts... It may happened that some people not having problem with counting that particular achievement ''Master Of Skulls'' - if my memory serves well - that's right? Because they might finish it after you have relesed the achievement system in fact... So the system COULD REGISTER the fact that the new Eddie is obtained that way...

Yet the great majority of players (including myself) have earned three skulls everywhere possible LONG BEFORE the achievement system was set... So it coudn't register this fact, yet it was certain that new Eddie didn't come to us the usual way - through souls - so the system might ignore him, like he never existed...

Why I thought this way? Because after a while of thinking it striked me that the system counts my achievement with clearing LOL dungeons from the very start - like I've never been doing this before, which is obvious nonsense - otherwise I wouldn't have acquired certain stuff to upgrade my toons - I did this hundereds of times already, yet the system not registered that...

Cheers,

W

An interesting theory, but it's wrong.

i completed the 3 stars achievement after the system was introduced and my 5* character count is -1

Roquetas-5312
11-18-2016, 07:43 AM
An interesting theory, but it's wrong.

i completed the 3 stars achievement after the system was introduced and my 5* character count is -1

I dont suppose you remember if the count was -1 before you got grim reaper ?
One thing in common for people with -1 5* characters is they all have grim reaper

Roquetas-5312
11-18-2016, 07:50 AM
Hi Sparton

Witkacy pointing out above that the lol dungeon achiements only started from 0 when the update was done
There are 3 other achievement that also started from that point gold earned , sands of time spent and rent a champion

Was this intended to be the case or an oversight from yourselves?

Sparton_LOTB
11-18-2016, 08:00 AM
Witkacy pointing out above that the lol dungeon achiements only started from 0 when the update was done
There are 3 other achievement that also started from that point gold earned , sands of time spent and rent a champion

Was this intended to be the case or an oversight from yourselves?

There were some things we had tracked before, some things we didn't (but could default to what you had in your save), and other things we just had no saved info for (or at least in a way we could use for the achievement progress). So that's why a bunch of achievements started above 0, but not all of them; there's some things we couldn't make an accurate guess for, so it had to start at 0 or what you had when you got the update.

Roquetas-5312
11-18-2016, 09:29 AM
There were some things we had tracked before, some things we didn't (but could default to what you had in your save), and other things we just had no saved info for (or at least in a way we could use for the achievement progress). So that's why a bunch of achievements started above 0, but not all of them; there's some things we couldn't make an accurate guess for, so it had to start at 0 or what you had when you got the update.

Thanks for answering and I figured that was the reason just wanted to be sure.

Keep up the good work Sparton :)

Mizrael
11-18-2016, 11:37 AM
So...are we like...gonna pretend that the drop system criticism on pages 14&15 (mobile version) never happened and rather talk big about some silly achievement not working properly? o.O

Aristo4
11-18-2016, 11:56 AM
So...are we like...gonna pretend that the drop system criticism on pages 14&15 (mobile version) never happened and rather talk big about some silly achievement not working properly? o.O

That's the plan.

Ionswarm
11-18-2016, 04:43 PM

Mizrael, I think your analysis is probably correct. The currency system has too many variables. Removing xp shards makes the most sense to me, both in practice and in concept. Players who want to level characters more quickly could spend ironite on the xp boost from the store just like players who want rare souls have to do now. Wasn't that the philosophy that Sparton outlined at some point -- give players ironite and let them decide what was most important for themselves?

Maybe this needs to be its own thread so it's not buried in pages of other topics though.

Eagleknight
11-18-2016, 05:23 PM
Ok, the game crashes and lock ups are getting ridiculous. If prolly lost over 220 sands because of them. Please fix this.

slauki
11-18-2016, 07:58 PM
Ok, the game crashes and lock ups are getting ridiculous. If prolly lost over 220 sands because of them. Please fix this.

i also realized much more crashes than usual since the last tuning patch...before that everything was fine for weeks....

Demoness-9720
11-19-2016, 07:31 PM
i also realized much more crashes than usual since the last tuning patch...before that everything was fine for weeks....

Agreed,. I have had several crashes in the last couple of days alone, something I wasn't experiencing prior to the update. Still not achieving many 3* coloured shards to evolve to 5*. Over the course of three days and using over 600 SOT I came away with only five shards, pretty crap drop rate :/

aur0ra85
11-20-2016, 01:40 AM
To me it was simple. I fixed the drop rates by not playing anymore, and if you feel the drop rates are broken I suggest you stop playing as well. A simple revolt. They will fix it. I rest my case. Statistics don't lie.

Esquatcho
11-20-2016, 03:22 AM
Agreed,. I have had several crashes in the last couple of days alone, something I wasn't experiencing prior to the update. Still not achieving many 3* coloured shards to evolve to 5*. Over the course of three days and using over 600 SOT I came away with only five shards, pretty crap drop rate :/

Are you doing LoL X? you wont get 3* evo shards anywhere but the right coloured Lord of Light Dungeon levels 7-10 (and 10 gives the best chance). I've had some weeks where I didnt get enough to get the colour, but most days I can get enough to evolve one player from 4-5*.

Eagleknight
11-20-2016, 03:29 AM
Are you doing LoL X? you wont get 3* evo shards anywhere but the right coloured Lord of Light Dungeon levels 7-10 (and 10 gives the best chance). I've had some weeks where I didnt get enough to get the colour, but most days I can get enough to evolve one player from 4-5*.

I agree they don't seem to drop anywhere but lol and secret areas. And with the drop rate and gold nerf lol costs more then it's worth to play. But we do it cause we have no choice.

PsychoEddie
11-20-2016, 06:12 AM
I agree they don't seem to drop anywhere but lol and secret areas. And with the drop rate and gold nerf lol costs more then it's worth to play. But we do it cause we have no choice.

I dropped 16 million gold in buying character slots and lvling characters to 5*.

Gold nerf but you could easily spend 16 million in gold?

Eagleknight
11-20-2016, 06:48 AM
Yea gold nerf in lol. 10k was the drop every X clear. Now it's nothing for the 8 sands cost. Now it's easier to earn gold running game of death. And yes I have 54 mil gold because I earned it by playing and being forced to sell mats due to not have enough space. It game is all about finding the best place to spend your time farming. And knowing the costs benefits ratio.

MuadDib-7367
11-20-2016, 03:02 PM
Since this is currently the most viewed thread and Sparton also seems to lurk, I am going to ask if anyone else still can't buy Gunner/Assassin souls from the Trooper store. I have sold shards, runes, used 99 souls to clear a soul spot, and have 10 empty character slots, yet still cannot purchase Gunner/Assassin from the Trooper store. Has anyone else figured out the workaround? Maybe you need more than 40k Trooper Badges (since the error I receive is that I don't have enough)

(Yes, I put a ticket in and was told that the developers know it is an issue.)

LegoMech
11-20-2016, 08:17 PM
I just wanted to thank the Devs for increasing the drop rate change for 3* colored evolution shards on LOL 7-10. I spent weeks grinding and only got two, and now in the last few days I've earned seven! After months of playing, I was finally able to do my first 4* upgrade, with my second two days later. I have a renewed interest in playing now and this was a big cause of that. Thanks!

aur0ra85
11-20-2016, 08:42 PM
For the love of metal, please change the bottleneck to gold ASAP. How many bugs, crashes, inventory issues, and horrible quality of life issues are we having everyday because of the the drop rate of upgrade materials? All of these things go away if the bottleneck is changed to gold. All the inventory issues vapourize overnight. All the balancing becomes simple, and it's fair, and it makes the dev team $$. I don't need a huge new collection of toons, I literally have 25 max, and 75 waiting for the treatment, and I can only use a half dozen. I feel awful for new players.

Nicko
11-20-2016, 11:08 PM
Since this is currently the most viewed thread and Sparton also seems to lurk, I am going to ask if anyone else still can't buy Gunner/Assassin souls from the Trooper store. I have sold shards, runes, used 99 souls to clear a soul spot, and have 10 empty character slots, yet still cannot purchase Gunner/Assassin from the Trooper store. Has anyone else figured out the workaround? Maybe you need more than 40k Trooper Badges (since the error I receive is that I don't have enough)

(Yes, I put a ticket in and was told that the developers know it is an issue.)

I just tested it and was able to buy one - tried regular, not rare

Eagleknight
11-21-2016, 03:13 AM
Ok this is getting stupid. Just lost points for 3 troopers in a row due to game crashes in lol X. Game crashing when the boss dies.

aur0ra85
11-21-2016, 07:31 PM
Ok this is getting stupid. Just lost points for 3 troopers in a row due to game crashes in lol X. Game crashing when the boss dies.

I wonder how many crashes were due to full inventory slots which is in turn due to not enough upgrade materials of certain types and why you can't/won't spend them?
I actually played today, and it became obvious that xp runes are still a bottleneck. Honestly, this is still a dealbreaker for me. I can level the toons after a huge time investment only to spend another huge time investment leveling a set of talismans (which may take potentially weeks for one character), at 100 characters, this equates to years upon years of slaving away at game of death madness, over and over again. Thanks for that). I am sorry I'm so critical, but this is like bad girlfriend, so much potential but in the end it's a huge waste of time. The toons I've upgraded to 5* are unusable due to the completely absurd grinding requirements to upgrade a single set of 6 talismans. Even if it were possible to update 6 sets a day, and one character to 5*, that's 80 days of upgrades (2.5months), at likely 12hrs a day of playtime. And that's is assuming you had enough gold and upgrade materials to do it. I'm going to take an educated guess the current time investment required to max an account from scratch, playing 12hrs a day, is likely many years as it stands. A robot couldn't grind these requirements and I'm quite frankly very surprised no one has built a robot yet using blue stacks and a script, if you did this manually you'd likely break many iPads..
Sorry, I don't know how else to put it, but the drop rates are broken to the point of nonsense. I'd love to play, I truly would, but wow the rune nerf was a kick in the pants. It's already months to max out one characters skill slots potentially.

Eagleknight
11-21-2016, 07:56 PM
Honestly the only thing that is hard to get are tailisman lvling runes. Lvling toons is np, evolving tailismans is np it's just lvling them.

MuadDib-7367
11-21-2016, 08:23 PM
Agreed. Even credits isn't an issue to anyone who consistently grinds 50+ battles a day.

slauki
11-21-2016, 10:11 PM
guys, we cried about the 3* shards for many weeks and this was fixed.
then we cried aboout 3* evo runes for weeks, and this was fixed.
then we cried about the 1* and 2* runes with the same result
after that we cried about the 3* coloured shards and guess what? it got fixed...

damn, slowly i start to recognize a pattern....

now we cry about the xp runes, guess what will happend next?

yeah the runes are the bottleneck right now, and it's more than okay to mention that in a moderate way. the devs know that already and this will be fixed soon in some way. so noo need to get impatient , frustrated or offensive. the last fixes happend pretty quick and i bet end of this week we will find a new bottleneck.

Eagleknight
11-21-2016, 10:22 PM
after that we cried about the 3* coloured shards and guess what? it got fixed...

yeah the runes are the bottleneck right now, and it's more than okay to mention that in a moderate way. the devs know that already and this will be fixed soon in some way. so noo need to get impatient , frustrated or offensive. the last fixes happend pretty quick and i bet end of this week we will find a new bottleneck.

I agree. I think the main issue is that that pattern is being seen by more and more people. And they are frustrated. But you are right the will fix it. I just hope nothing else breaks when they do.

On a side note over the last few days I have ran over 250 LOL X's and have received 1 rare soul. I think that is kinda sad. I know it was 250 because iv been using the achievement as a tracker.

aur0ra85
11-21-2016, 11:15 PM
I am moderately okay with the rare soul drop rate, this one I understand, it sucks, but it's not preventing progression. The lack of runes simply hurts. Like painful, and it completely halts progression the second your stockpile dries up. The sad part is what do you now sell from a full inventory? What's the bottleneck going to be next? That's the frustration for me. Lots of the changes have been fantastic, this one for me at least became a dealbreaker.

Aristo4
11-21-2016, 11:30 PM

whatever the above mfker said :cool:

Ancient Mariner
11-22-2016, 06:50 PM

amen.
I'm glad i'm not the only one thinking like this

PsychoEddie
11-24-2016, 02:59 AM

damn, slowly i start to recognize a pattern.....

Yes, that everything gets cried about and as each is changed something else gets changed relative to that adjustment. If

Lather, rinse, repeat and repeat and repeat.........