PDA

View Full Version : Commonality/Rarity of Eddies?

FlyingV
11-15-2016, 04:07 PM
By now we all know that by virtue of the drops, some characters are extremely rare whereas others are vend trash. Despite the "Relative rarity" of Eddies, even they are not immune from such classification. With that in mind, I am wondering if there are statatistics, research, or confirmation out there to classify the rarities of the various Eddies.

I think there are probably four suitable categories for classification: Common (Vend trash), Uncommon, Rare, and Very Rare.

I have no numbers to support any assertions but empirically speaking, I would suggest the following examples:

Common: Mummy, Run To The Hills

Uncommon: Speed of Light, Carriage Rider

Rare: Aces High, Samurai

Very Rare: Vampire Hunter, Fear of the Dark (Post-promo)

Any thoughts or information out there on all of the Eddies?

Witkacy
11-15-2016, 04:18 PM
Flying :)

Everything you've written sounds correct beside the fact that Speed of Light Eddie also should be considered as common one - I still have couple of them and sold DOZENS in the past, while not being aware to keep 'em for the mysterious feature - sacrifice - which is like Yeti - everybody beliefs that somewhere he exists, yet anyone haven't seen him so far :)

Aristo4
11-15-2016, 04:25 PM
Cyborg Eddie agrees with your list, flyingV, he just informed me :cool:

FlyingV
11-15-2016, 04:25 PM
Flying :)

Everything you've written sounds correct beside the fact that Speed of Light Eddie also should be considered as common one - I still have couple of them and sold DOZENS in the past, while not being aware to keep 'em for the mysterious feature - sacrifice - which is like Yeti - everybody beliefs that somewhere he exists, yet anyone haven't seen him so far :)

Not very happy at all about the subject. Ignoring the legions of RTTH, Mummies, and SOLs, as well as the dupe Soldier, HS and WM (Including my 'legendary' 4* WM game completion award :mad:) that all went bye-bye in the days before whisperings of the "Sacrifice Yeti," I have since had to dump 2 CR and a host of 3* Eddies as well as 3* and 4* toons simply because I'm out of room.

Ancient Mariner
11-15-2016, 04:27 PM
I want the Carriage Rider Eddie so bad, if it's not that rare then i'll soon try to get it

I got 3 FOTD Eddies instead .-. 2 from the Halloween event and one after it

RNG can be a bitch sometimes

FlyingV
11-15-2016, 04:28 PM
Cyborg Eddie agrees with your list, flyingV, he just informed me :cool:

Cyborg Eddie... I'm rarely that excited to play my CE trooper (Usually I tuck him in the middle of the Eddies during an auto farm), but he's one of the eddies I want the most!

FlyingV
11-15-2016, 04:32 PM
I want the Carriage Rider Eddie so bad, if it's not that rare then i'll soon try to get it

I got 3 FOTD Eddies instead .-. 2 from the Halloween event and one after it

RNG can be a bitch sometimes

I was in a CR drought for quite some time. Then I got mine (and ignored it for a while, LOL) when a few weeks or a month later, scored 2 more of them in a giant rare soul unleashing.

Kardas
11-15-2016, 04:45 PM
+1 to lumping in Speed of Light with the Common bunch

I'd put all Gunner/Assassin Eddies at Rare/Very Rare simply because people get way less Rare Gunner/Assassin Souls than they get Rare Souls. Except Tailgunner, I'd put him at Uncommon.

In my experience, I've also seen more Visions Eddie than the Pharaoh.

I feel my nonexistent Carriage Rider mocking me.

Piece of Mind
11-15-2016, 05:02 PM
+1 to lumping in Speed of Light with the Common bunch

I'd put all Gunner/Assassin Eddies at Rare/Very Rare simply because people get way less Rare Gunner/Assassin Souls than they get Rare Souls. Except Tailgunner, I'd put him at Uncommon.

In my experience, I've also seen more Visions Eddie than the Pharaoh.

I feel my nonexistent Carriage Rider mocking me.

I wish we could trade characters, I have 3 Carriage Riders (one of which being level 100) :(

I think the rarity is a function of the star level of the Eddies when summoned. Specifically,

3*: Run to the Hills, Mummy, Speed of Light

4*: Holy Smoke, Fear of the Dark, Carriage Rider, Wicker Man, Tailgunner, Soldier

5*: Samurai, Pharaoh, Visions, Grim Reaper, Cyborg, Aces High, Rainmaker, Vampire Hunter

Although the star rarity of Holy Smoke, Soldier, and Grim Reaper is irrelevant since all of them are guaranteed campaign rewards (of course, you have to actually _win_ to get them...)

FlyingV
11-15-2016, 05:13 PM
I wish we could trade characters, I have 3 Carriage Riders (one of which being level 100) :(

I think the rarity is a function of the star level of the Eddies when summoned. Specifically,

3*: Run to the Hills, Mummy, Speed of Light

4*: Holy Smoke, Fear of the Dark, Carriage Rider, Wicker Man, Tailgunner, Soldier

5*: Samurai, Pharaoh, Visions, Grim Reaper, Cyborg, Aces High, Rainmaker, Vampire Hunter

Although the star rarity of Holy Smoke, Soldier, and Grim Reaper is irrelevant since all of them are guaranteed campaign rewards (of course, you have to actually _win_ to get them...)

My memory may be foggy on this, but I don't think I have ever received a 5* Eddie. I believe my Aces High was 4* and though I discarded my spares, seem to recall CRs being 3*. I could be wrong on either/both counts, but that's my recollection.

Aristo4
11-15-2016, 05:15 PM
The *'s idea is generally true but the real rare ones are Rainmaker, Vampire, Cyborg, Aces High

I've seen people with dupes and trips of Samurais, visions, pharaohs. Who has a dupe Cyborg ? :cool:

Aristo4
11-15-2016, 05:16 PM
My memory may be foggy on this, but I don't think I have ever received a 5* Eddie. I believe my Aces High was 4* and though I discarded my spares, seem to recall CRs being 3*. I could be wrong on either/both counts, but that's my recollection.

Yes, now that you mentioned that,maybe Aces is a 4* just like Tailgunner, not sure about him.
CR's are 4's for all I know

Browno
11-15-2016, 05:32 PM
I still have not gotten CR eddie :(
Want him so bad.

Arcturus
11-15-2016, 06:41 PM
CR is indeed a 4* drop

Witkacy
11-15-2016, 07:08 PM
I've seen people with dupes and trips of Samurais, visions, pharaohs... :cool:

Aristo :)

Well... I haven't any of those you've mentioned... Not speaking of Cyborg... Lost hope that I ever got some of the above... Also I am not having any dupes of decent characters as well...

On the other hand that would be explaining where are all these beauties seem to be mine go LOL

The game and its RNG is very poorly balanced... Not that I am complaining, never do since already have quite few great characters - but it WOULD be nice if there's be some system tracking what a player already has in his possession, not to give him the same for the second and even third time - I bet that someone who already has a Samurai Eddie (just example) not being so excited when got it once more and if gets another one the same kind probably being just frustrated instead being happy - and someone else who could be happy as hell of having just one - never gets it...

Kardas
11-15-2016, 07:39 PM
Regarding Aces High's Star Rank, I presumed he was 5* predominantly due to this thread: http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?2647-And-my-legendary-soul-is

As for Soldier Eddie, I have no confirmation for his natural drop star rank, but I assumed he was a 4* because Wicker Man and Holy Smoke are similarly 4*

FlyingV
11-15-2016, 07:42 PM
Regarding Aces High's Star Rank, I presumed he was 5* predominantly due to this thread: http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?2647-And-my-legendary-soul-is

As for Soldier Eddie, I have no confirmation for his natural drop star rank, but I assumed he was a 4* because Wicker Man and Holy Smoke are similarly 4*

It's entirely possible that aces high is five, I just don't remember seeing the five stars when I got, which ended up in a blur of talisman fitment, and (if necessary) immediate max-leveling to 100, which at that time would've taken me about two minutes with all the reserve gunner I had then.

scott-5496
11-16-2016, 02:12 PM
I have never sold an Eddie and I have the following:

Samurai * 1
Visions * 1
Eddie * 1
Carriage Rider * 1
Soldier * 1
Grim Reaper * 1
Run to the Hills * 4
Mummy * 3
Speed of light * 5
Wickerman * 1

That is all that I have and have ever had to a decent idea for me as to what is rare!

Very keen to get the rest, just to have them! So quite a few to get for me and just a bit of luck needed to get them...I don't spend real money so it will be a long wait!

Cheers

konstifik
11-18-2016, 04:02 PM
Wait, Holy Smoke isn't one you get from just playing, is it? I've cleared the game but don't have him.

FlyingV
11-18-2016, 04:05 PM
Wait, Holy Smoke isn't one you get from just playing, is it? I've cleared the game but don't have him.

Holy Smoke is your default/beginning Eddie and cannot be sold. At some point he was a rare soul drop reward, so you might have 2 or more Holy Smoke Eddies on your roster, though I have not received a duplicate one for months now… Not that I'm complaining about that