PDA

View Full Version : Spam Control Update

Leviathan
11-15-2016, 09:00 PM
Hi everyone,

I thought I’d give everyone an update on our epic battle against the Spam bots. Today we added a few more layers of protection to our previously implemented measures:

We have changed up our Human Verification measures once more
We have fixed a forum bug that was allowing Spammers easy access. Now that it’s fixed we should prevent more Spammers from successfully registering
We have removed users with 0 posts and last activity on the same day of registry. We have been careful to only target users with spam-like addresses/names. If for some reason you find yourself locked out, or know of a friend who is now locked out, please email us at support@ironmaidenlegacy.com for assistance
We have added another moderator to assist our anti-Spam crusade....

Everyone say hello to Jerry_LOTB! Jerry is a multi-talented rockstar who’s responsible for a lot of the awesome video and visual content we’ve been sharing on our social media accounts. He’s also helping to answer your concerns on social, and our support channels.

Finally, thank you to everyone for your patience while we have worked to secure our forums.

Cheers,

Leviathan

Jerry_LOTB
11-15-2016, 09:01 PM
Hi everyone! I'm excited to be joining the forum and I look forward to helping you all out in the future!

Witkacy
11-15-2016, 09:07 PM
Hi everyone! I'm excited to be joining the forum and I look forward to helping you all out in the future!

Jerry :)

Welcome aboard... It's nice to know that one more person of the mighty LOTB crew will be caring about us!

Have fun :)

Cheers,

W

Browno
11-15-2016, 09:08 PM
Welcome to the forum Jerry :)

Roquetas-5312
11-15-2016, 09:09 PM
Hi jerry
You have a lot of stuff to go through with the new update
Hope you're up for the task and welcome :)

We do appreciate the flow of info from you guys
Together we can make this game great.

Vertax616
11-15-2016, 09:12 PM
Hello Jerry! Welcome to the forum! Since Leviathan said you work with videos, social media account etc., I can say I really love the videos and especially the wallpapers the team gives from Facebook. I am using Grim Reaper one right now. Also good to hear that the spam will decrease...

FlyingV
11-15-2016, 09:13 PM
Hello Jerry and thank you (all) for treating this cancer. A vital forum promotes play and a plagued one hurts it greatly.

Kardas
11-15-2016, 10:35 PM
Hopefully this change will be the death knell for the spambots. Looking forward to how it will work out.

And welcome Jerry!

slauki
11-15-2016, 10:47 PM
Hi and welcome,

very nice to see that something good is happening :-)

Would it be possible to manually approve the first 5-10 posts of a new member by a moderator?

Other forums use this method to keep everything clean.

Cheers guys

MuadDib-7367
11-15-2016, 10:50 PM
Welcome aboard Jerry. I suggest using CR Eddie in battle against most Spambots. :)

Reeb99
11-15-2016, 11:09 PM
Very nice. Seems to be helping a bunch. Hello Jerry!

Kaijester
11-15-2016, 11:14 PM
10 characters

Esquatcho
11-15-2016, 11:52 PM
Hi Jerry! Thanks for helping save us from the spambots!

Aristo4
11-17-2016, 01:10 PM
Well done to anyone involved. Finally no new weird accounts appear to have registered, and I haven't seen any spam post for 2 full days.

This was a first, congrats :D

Baba-8301
11-19-2016, 10:44 PM
Seems like the latest measures have been a resounding success, so well done... I do keep getting caught out when trying to post under the influence though. Maybe not a bad thing?