PDA

View Full Version : Character(s) you have gotten over

FlyingV
11-15-2016, 09:10 PM
My no-brainer would be Warrior CotD. When I started, all these lucky SOBs had CotDs, Samurai, and Axis Generals galore, while the best I could muster at the time was a Sentinel Bomber Boy. I loved using that trooper, hopping from skull to skull in battlefield like Mario. Never got one (or a CotD of any kind for that matter) but I'm over it. Each jump became more of a tedious exercise in the end when compared to AoE devestators. Crazy as it is, I may actually favor my old Bomber Boy (now maximized) for simple speed and convenience. This toon used to litter my roster. Now IDK if I have one in the roster nor am I worried about it. His gunner cousin OTOH would be a welcome addition to my collection.

Number two would probably be the Magus Allied Soldier. Along with my Bomber Boy, this comprised the team that ran the table in winning the game (I was a hard luck player with no breaks at first). After learning about the crashes he was associated with, I moved on and haven't looked back really. Some of the troopers I used did respectable enough damage for me to reconsider, but no changes have occurred yet.

Have you any character that made your game that you have since outgrown/moved past?

Browno
11-15-2016, 09:46 PM
I always wanted blue allied soldier, but got him after i beat the game. Have barely touched him.

Arcturus
11-15-2016, 10:23 PM
yeah, ditto the blue allied soldier. He was a mainstay on my team for so long, and I didn't think I'd ever be able to get through the higher level dungeons without him (before I had any 5* characters). I moved away from him after the nerf, and for sure haven't looked back.

I agree with the Warrior CotD, too. But that may have been a function of the nerf. A warrior CotD with 6 Strength Fierce talismans could cut through anything.

Also, Grim Reaper Eddie. Really wanted him to be better than Carriage Rider, but I don't regret at all going back to CR.

Kardas
11-15-2016, 10:30 PM
Used to really like Sentinel Allied Soldier. He's probably still good, but I've gotten better characters since then. I also used Sentinel Allied Bomber Boy somewhat, but not enough to say that I was ever into him.

Similarly Holy Smoke, RttH and Wicker Man Eddie. I got RttH Ed super early (like Ailing Kingdom Normal) so I benched Holy Smoke very soon. I haven't really used Wicker Man or RttH since completing Battlefield Normal. Holy Smoke did have a minor comeback for me during Fear of the Dark Madness. Had the pleasure of using some very powerful Holy Smoke Troopers against FotD Ed, and I now feel that his Past Shard skills are VERY underrated.

And now Soldier Eddie. I currently have a great Mummy, and a lv100 Speed of Light and Grim Reaper that share Talismans, so he's looking less relevant. That may change once I level up my Warriors though.

I still like blue allied soldier BTW.

Baba-8301
11-15-2016, 10:32 PM
Blue allied soldier
Soldier Eddie
Red CotD
Allied general
Red Golden Son
Red rockets

All so average now...

FlyingV
11-15-2016, 10:46 PM
Blue allied soldier
Soldier Eddie
Red CotD
Allied general
Red Golden Son
Red rockets

All so average now...

Your experience is your experience, but I can't see it with old AG. His moves aren't sexy in the least but there is so much going on with that two-trick pony. The passive is good. Mine has over 40k hit points with room to go a good deal further. His boring one-target attack drains fury AND raises energy while his buff power attack makes the deadly obscenely powerful while imbuing them with lifesteal. Many more exciting characters exist in the roster but almost nothing (if anything at all) can top all that.

Eagleknight
11-15-2016, 10:48 PM
yeah, ditto the blue allied soldier. He was a mainstay on my team for so long, and I didn't think I'd ever be able to get through the higher level dungeons without him (before I had any 5* characters). I moved away from him after the nerf, and for sure haven't looked back.

I agree with the Warrior CotD, too. But that may have been a function of the nerf. A warrior CotD with 6 Strength Fierce talismans could cut through anything.

Also, Grim Reaper Eddie. Really wanted him to be better than Carriage Rider, but I don't regret at all going back to CR.

I don't understand why people prefer CR over GR Eddie. I loved
CR back before the nerf but since then he has been just blah. GR on the other hand performs very well and you can't beat a revive on a normal fury attack. I have used him from day one as a farmer. I have clears every thing on auto with him except number of the beast.

What is so bad about him?

Reeb99
11-15-2016, 11:16 PM
Definitely the blue allied soldier. Haven't used him in a long time now, as it just slows the game down. The PSS I dont use a lot, but I do from time to time. Went ahead and gave him the 5* treatment last night after rocket dog. I probably wouldn't even use a warrior CotD if I had one.

Shifter
11-15-2016, 11:30 PM
don't understand why people prefer CR over GR Eddie. I loved
CR back before the nerf but since then he has been just blah. GR on the other hand performs very well and you can't beat a revive on a normal fury attack. I have used him from day one as a farmer. I have clears every thing on auto with him except number of the beast.

Agree, i love this guy, and he brought me love for the PDK. My CR is on vaca.

to the original post BAS was a mainstay to level up but I have no desire to take to 5*

Ringe666-7406
11-16-2016, 10:03 AM

I was just about to start feeding SoL with skill shards when I got GR, I liked his skills and decided to give him a shot... Now is somewhere on half and I am quite satisfied with this, even when some shards went to the skill I do not use much... Fury is still level one... But all in all, he is great... Chances for extra turns are high, Fury is quickly filled with his punches, and he can take advantage of my Axis commander's lowering MR, plus he can also lower MR with one of his skills if I want to use Commander's power move or fury...

As for the original question, yeah, blue allied soldier full with skill shards... Now he hits like a toddler, and shield I don't use for the past two months so I wouldn't know... Also, I had one decent red soulless demon, with three skill shards on him, was a good friend with this blue soldier, but when I got Commander, I left him and started crying for skill shards... Also happened with HS and Soldier Eddies... I think 5 skill shards went on each :/

Esquatcho
11-16-2016, 12:31 PM
I was just about to start feeding SoL with skill shards when I got GR, I liked his skills and decided to give him a shot... Now is somewhere on half and I am quite satisfied with this, even when some shards went to the skill I do not use much... Fury is still level one... But all in all, he is great... Chances for extra turns are high, Fury is quickly filled with his punches, and he can take advantage of my Axis commander's lowering MR, plus he can also lower MR with one of his skills if I want to use Commander's power move or fury...

As for the original question, yeah, blue allied soldier full with skill shards... Now he hits like a toddler, and shield I don't use for the past two months so I wouldn't know... Also, I had one decent red soulless demon, with three skill shards on him, was a good friend with this blue soldier, but when I got Commander, I left him and started crying for skill shards... Also happened with HS and Soldier Eddies... I think 5 skill shards went on each :/

Have you tried blue allied soldier with greens? I've seen a few people mention this, but they also didnt realise his damage scaling was changed to be on HP (as well as magic). I play him with 3 blinds & 3 freezing (not maxed) & he hits 3k each on underworld madness burdens of sin (more against the reds). Plus I find the shield is less about reflect now & is more about the 50% damage reduction (great against AoF's).

Ringe666-7406
11-16-2016, 12:44 PM
Have you tried blue allied soldier with greens? I've seen a few people mention this, but they also didnt realise his damage scaling was changed to be on HP (as well as magic). I play him with 3 blinds & 3 freezing (not maxed) & he hits 3k each on underworld madness burdens of sin (more against the reds). Plus I find the shield is less about reflect now & is more about the 50% damage reduction (great against AoF's).

Haven't play with him for at least a month... Plus, are you sure about HP scaling... I think someone mentioned ir is just written but not true... Nit sure though... But if so, I would go with three blind and three freeze... Or three energy... Or freeze and health plus one random... Or four health and two holy, and vice versa... So many possibilities :D

Kardas
11-16-2016, 01:18 PM
I run my blue allied soldier with 3 Freeze, 2 Holy and a green, and I'm still happy with him. I agree in that his Reflect Shield still reduces damage like a champ. Saved my butt in the Assassin LoL, and still a great auto character.

Esquatcho, I don't know how many Skill Shards your soldier has but my maxed one hits the blue dice for 3800ish on a Perfect on Game of Death Madness, Assassin Demon for 5800ish on a Perfect and the Gunner CotD for 5800ish on a Perfect.

Ddrak
11-16-2016, 01:20 PM

My team don't have usually need of a revive, while a buff/enemy buff removal/enemy debuff is always welcome, that's why I prefer CR to GR.
I tried with assassin mine (cannonglass build) to abuse the GR's fury, but it's too complicated and the mine damage on death is not damaging enoug to justify all the troubles.
But I use sometimes GR because is a lot cooler. ;)

Arcturus
11-16-2016, 03:40 PM

Well, first of all, nothing is bad about him. I think he's great - I just think CR is better. Part of it is that I don't have a healer on my team, so if I'm doing poorly enough that I need to revive, the revived character is going to die again soon anyway. Also, my team hits hard enough that I rarely need revive. On the other hand, CR's fury always seems to hit at the right time, which can make short work of those troll waves and Lords of Light (particularly the green's shield & blue's ghost). And as I said, I don't have another healer, so I really on CRs (very amazing) heals to carry me when I do need them.

On GR, I do like his three basic abilities - they flow/synergize really well with each other. His fury is good (and looks amazing). I was really looking forward to having someone with revive, but as I said it hasn't been as helpful as I thought (plus getting hit with permadeath sucks, because then you waste a fury reviving with nothing to show for it. But that's not really GR's problem). I think it's his lack of group heal that sealed it for me.

Also, I never used CR before the nerf, so I don't have that bad taste in my mouth (like Soldier Eddie - he's probably still pretty good, but since I was used to him pre-nerf I don't really care for him now).

And I never had much trouble farming with either... it's just that for my team, CR is a better fit.

Eagleknight
11-16-2016, 03:54 PM
Ok. I understand the heal aspect. My team is built for auto farming everything but number of the beast. I like the fury heal because sometimes toons die in auto farming. When I play manual there are no deaths usualy.

My team is
Red rocket dog
GR/ backup pharaoh Eddie
Angel of fear

On lol I throw in AG.