PDA

View Full Version : The Daily Secret Bonus Location!!!

FlyingV
11-15-2016, 09:56 PM
How it works:

Somewhere in the 4 (or later, more) world dungeons is the randomly or pre-generated location for the day. The player plays through as a normal game. At the rewards screen, (s)he is confronted with the magic chest, which can be opened with a key for the prize(s), or dismissed for the normal rewards screen, should the player lack the secret key or opts not to use one. For simplicity, the dungeon is available in one known difficulty, be it normal, hard or madness (or normal AK, hard KoS, Madness BF & UW).

As the dungeons require both a key and some effort to seek out, prizes are even better than secret location bonuses.

Suggestions include:

- Rare Souls bundles in the classes of the world (e.g. 5 red or green souls in AK, 5 Gun/Ass in UW)
- 4* or 5* talismans that would otherwise be rewarded in that world
- 2-3 Skill shards
- Soul shards: collect X shards from each world to form a soul for one of 3 world champions (see below)

Soul shards form a SPECIFIC, RARE Eddie or toon, appropriate with the world. If pre-existing, appropriate examples would be Allied General, Corrupt General, and Aces High Eddie for Battlefield. Better yet, there could be a seasonal 1-3 souls ONLY available in the DSBL(s) that the devs upgrade every X weeks/months.

Keys are awarded in regular secret locations, (Sparingly) in challenging dungeons, like LotB Madness, via trooper badges, and ironite (As well as bundles for sale in the store). Keys may be generic or may be specific to the world.

Optional:

- the DBSL may be announced by special enemies (maybe even the one the player is hoping to acquire like FotD).

- there can be one location for the day found somewhere within the quest there can be one within each of the worlds daily, or there can be a rotation (Mon - AK, Tues- KoS, Wed- BF, etc.)

slauki
11-15-2016, 11:24 PM
actually i like the idea you mentioned here very much. it deserves some more attention at least :-)

there are several possibilites to design this:

maybe it would be possible to announce where the key is hidden:

let's say a pop up announces that the secret level can be found on battlefield (every possible difficulty).
now you have to grind through the levels and find the key for opening it.

just a random thought, but this would be a huge motivation to play the game even in the worlds like AK.

Eagleknight
11-15-2016, 11:31 PM
I love the idea.mwould make running through all the lvls again fun.

Esquatcho
11-15-2016, 11:41 PM
I love the idea.mwould make running through all the lvls again fun.

Agreed, it'd give a reason not to just jam the same level over & over again

Witkacy
11-16-2016, 08:26 PM
Flying :)

I like the idea very much I have to say... Everything which goes further with everyday routine farming and grinding is much appreciated... Especially while might get such sweet bonuses like rare Eddies or high quality stuff to upgrading the existing toons... Either way... Thumbs up and I am in :)