PDA

View Full Version : What should be the bottleneck at high levels?

Esquatcho
11-16-2016, 08:02 AM
On the back of ongoing discussions over & over again, with many suggesting their own thoughts, or (like me) complaining about the particular bottleneck they have at the time - I thought I'd start a poll to once and for all decide what the bottleneck should really be in the game.

Reeb99
11-16-2016, 08:41 AM
I kind of like where it is at now. Multiple bottlenecks at different times. Sometimes I need evo/xp runes, sometimes I'm out of gold. I'm never bored of searching for one thing for too long.

Kaijester
11-16-2016, 09:49 AM
I kind of like where it is at now. Multiple bottlenecks at different times. Sometimes I need evo/xp runes, sometimes I'm out of gold. I'm never bored of searching for one thing for too long.

Same here.

Kardas
11-16-2016, 12:59 PM
I feel it should be gold, but currently regular runes are my bottleneck. I'm not opposed to colored evo 3* shards as a bottleneck though, but maybe that's because I'm fairly happy with their current droprare in the LoL dungeons.

Esquatcho
11-16-2016, 01:46 PM
I've been thinking about this and still am undecided. But it strikes me that under the current system, if gold is the bottleneck, its probably means more $ for the game. Out of runes/shards etc, its only gold that you can buy with real $. My worry is that if thats the real bottleneck, it'd get written off as just a money grab....

Maybe the aim is to have all of it a bottleneck - fully balanced. A worth ideal, but probably not realistic...

Kardas
11-16-2016, 02:20 PM
A counterpoint to that is that gold is the only guaranteed thing you get by playing LOTB. Runes and shards all depend on the luck of the draw. Not to mention the Secret Locations give you several thousand each time.

slauki
11-16-2016, 03:38 PM
from a business point of view gold should be the only bottleneck. if you are short on it you can purchase it. this would be best for them i think. for us it would also be good, because we would also be able to wait a little and upgrade everything we want. would just take more time than with gold purchases... everything else makes no sense for me...

Eagleknight
11-16-2016, 03:43 PM
A bottleneck is a bad thing. There is already a limiting factor, time. Holding players back is a bad thing. A player that wants to accomplish something in a game will spend their time,money,and effort to achieve their goal. Why would game developer want to hinder that?

A normal bottleneck can be overcome by playing the game longer and by hoarding materials until they are really needed. But a bottleneck is not a good thing unless you are trying to keep a community back. And at this type of game there is no need for it. Because time, charater slots, rare souls, and rng already limit how far a player can go.

I maintain that these recent bottlenecks are not intended but are the results of fixing one problem and creating another one. This is called poor execution of a plan. It happens but it should be corrected not put off.

Roquetas-5312
11-16-2016, 04:28 PM
I think the easy solution is bring out BNW and have runes drop there so if you need runes do BNW
If you need shards play LOL (I thouht I had way too many shards but with the release of more character slots I'm now short on a couple of colours)
If the dungeons are totally random you will always have problem trying to balance it up and why drift from one shortage to another.
The best fix would be clear drop list for each area so we know where to go for each item we need but that's not where the devs want to go and I like having some randomness

Frost
11-16-2016, 04:35 PM
A bottleneck is a bad thing. There is already a limiting factor, time. Holding players back is a bad thing. A player that wants to accomplish something in a game will spend their time,money,and effort to achieve their goal. Why would game developer want to hinder that?

A normal bottleneck can be overcome by playing the game longer and by hoarding materials until they are really needed. But a bottleneck is not a good thing unless you are trying to keep a community back. And at this type of game there is no need for it. Because time, charater slots, rare souls, and rng already limit how far a player can go.

I maintain that these recent bottlenecks are not intended but are the results of fixing one problem and creating another one. This is called poor execution of a plan. It happens but it should be corrected not put off.

Right now we have 3 or 4 bottlenecks: time, gold, upgrade materials and evolution materials. Time per se is a pita, gold is farmable but limite by time, and upgrade/evolve materials are limited by drop rate PLUS time.

I think we have too many bottlenecks.