PDA

View Full Version : What persuades you to drop a trooper?

Ian
11-17-2016, 02:44 PM
I am just wondering what makes you decide to drop a trooper, especially if they are daily player.

I try to keep my list at a manageable 30-35 so I can guarantee to play them all every day. If someone doesn't get badges from me, its because the game crashed, or was down for maintenance. I've finished the campaign now, but even before that, I never risked someone's champion on a level I had no chance with, so very very few deaths ever. I dont think anyone would drop me for activity but not sure (???)

I have only been dropped by a few people as trooper, but rejected by a few as well. I have rotated my Champion between Soldier Eddie (lvl 100, 4x 5* talismans, maxed + 2x 4*) or Nomad (lvl 100 with all 5* talis) when it's Green Lord of Light day. Would I be better off leaving it as Eddie all the time and not try to provide a useful ally?

For me, I will drop people if they are inactive for 10+ days (with one exception for some guy with an awesome Wicker Man which I keep using). Otherwise I keep people on my list as long as they are active. Wondering what you guys do.

FlyingV
11-17-2016, 03:14 PM
#1 reason without exception or fail: inactivity. If (s)he's offline for 3 days, (s)he's off my team. There is no excuse why in 48 hours someone can't log on and autofarm the lowest level in the backround while watching netflix, doing dishes, etc.

I get that ppl may might someone at a nightclub and is having a great evening/morning, that someone has a work deadline, or perhaps has an adventure outdoors on the weekend, but I call bullshit that one can't even log on in 72 hours. Odds are that laziness/boredom are the rule, and some valid emergency that kept a 21st century human from wifi in 2016 is the extreme exception.

The second one is failure to level the player's champion. If that Blue Allied Soldier Champion (purportedly one of the player's best and most-used toons) is sitting at level 43 for a week, then it's clear that player is hardly playing, and if (s)he is hardly playing, odds are my trooper is rarely (if ever) being used by that person.

monkeyskeleton
11-17-2016, 03:28 PM
2 days of inactivity. I autofarm Game of Death madness with my 50 troopers each day. Very rarely dont I get all 50 in, usually because somethings happened at work or with the kids in that case. As previous speaker said, anyone can autofarm whilst doing other things at home.

Kaijester
11-17-2016, 03:41 PM
Apologies as I have removed a few faithful troopers recently as there has been some beginners who wanted to add me.

I just thought it will be good to help some beginners.

Ian
11-17-2016, 03:58 PM
It's a pity there is no way to communicate with troopers in-game, because if someone goes on holiday then I don't expect them to be logging in religiously every day, but good points above.

@Kaijester - Fully understand. I will miss that Cyborg for his special though

Bryan-3528
11-17-2016, 04:30 PM
...There is no excuse why in 48 hours someone can't log on...

Respectfully I have to disagree. I was locked out of the game from Thursday November 10 and it was resolved by customer support on Monday November 14. 5 days of inactivity because I could not log into the game, I was locked out beyond my control. I wanted to, but I could not. Normally, I play every day and use 100% of my troopers daily without fail - with uncontrollable game crashes being the only obstacle.

Consequently 5 troopers broke up with me :p I don't hold that against them. I understand their desire to get trooper badges reciprocated from active troopers, and I agree with that, however inactivity doesn't always mean someone is being lazy or busy.

Cheers!

tex-0775
11-17-2016, 04:36 PM
For troopers with good chars (5*, high level taliis or..?), 20+ days, could be longer if it's a char i use a lot, and one i don't have myself. Like already mentioned by others, lack of progress can get me to keep an eye on that player.
Anyway, it's just a game and rl can be bitch, even though i agree that it should be possible to autoplay the lower levels, while doing other things

+1 for some kind of ingame message

tex-0775

Nekroliun
11-17-2016, 04:38 PM
I never drop a trooper

markosloizou
11-17-2016, 04:49 PM
It depends on the trooper. If it's one that I have to use to pass some of the hardest levels then i will probably never drop that trooper. If it's not such a trooper though i will drop him if his been inactive for about a week. I have a great maxed soldier eddie that hasn't been logged in for over 3 weeks but i won't remove him even though i have a good soldier eddie myself.

Markosloizou-0507
Samurai Eddie maxed skills, 4* and 5* talismans

The Ancient Mariner
11-17-2016, 04:51 PM
I usually drop troopers based on inactivity of more than 3 days; I figure 3 days is good because stuff does come up, people go out of town and what not. I also consider dropping troopers if they never use my champion because while that's only 25 points per day, it does add up especially if I can have someone that does use my champion.

Shifter
11-17-2016, 07:01 PM
I don't normally request troopers, but have occasionally. I normally keep all my troopers until I get a request, I then look for the highest inactive and drop them. If I don't have an inactive , 7 days, the request is ignored.
My exception is if the person's 100 5* champion is stripped of talismans or low level talismans they are gone. It's your champion make him grand.

Witkacy
11-17-2016, 07:36 PM
Evening folks :)

As I already said in somehow similar thread... It's just a game and am very understanding person - that's life - people may get ill, have other life matters to do etc. That's ok, no problem - yet if someone permanently refuses to give me the points, despite being logged - disappear of my list... I can understand game crashes as myself many times faced this as well and couldn't give the points, yet always I trying to help everyone for long time I have couple players much lower ranked than I am - even if THEIR champion was too weak - was chosing levels where he couldn't fail, or played manually... Yet later had a satisfaction, while saw that people really ranked up and made thier champions better and better - among others thanks to my champion...

Of course I have one trooper who don't play daily yet having always great chars - and I owe him a lot - so never dump him... I really get attached to people, trying to treat everyone as real friends (because you guys are truly fantastic ones :))

Cheers,
W

Reeb99
11-17-2016, 07:40 PM
7 days of inactivity if I have other requests pending, otherwise I don't even look very often.

My trooper is always a lvl 100 Alliance General. Skills maxed, talismans all 5* above level 40. The Beast is the only thing that puts a dent in him. Had a few people drop him, their loss in my opinion.

Baba-8301
11-17-2016, 08:34 PM
3 days for me. I generally only check when I get an invite or if there's an "I quit" post that I notice. I also tend to be more tolerant the longer someone has been on my roster.

FlyingV
11-17-2016, 10:03 PM
Respectfully I have to disagree. I was locked out of the game from Thursday November 10 and it was resolved by customer support on Monday November 14. 5 days of inactivity because I could not log into the game, I was locked out beyond my control. I wanted to, but I could not. Normally, I play every day and use 100% of my troopers daily without fail - with uncontrollable game crashes being the only obstacle.

Consequently 5 troopers broke up with me :p I don't hold that against them. I understand their desire to get trooper badges reciprocated from active troopers, and I agree with that, however inactivity doesn't always mean someone is being lazy or busy.

Cheers!

As I clearly stated, the "rule" is laziness/boredom, the exception is some bizarre set of circumstances out of the player's control. Even as unpredictable as your circumstances are, I'd easily wager there are over 99 bored/lazy/apathetic players abandoning the game for every one that's had some emergency.

PerthEddie
11-17-2016, 10:45 PM
I never drop a trooper

Erm, you dropped me when I got locked out. In fairness I was locked out for weeks though

MrFreeze
11-17-2016, 10:59 PM
Inactivity is it for me too. I really don't even worry about that unless I get some requests. I had a few yesterday but I couldn't accept them. All 50 of my troopers had been on within a day. Most of you guys are my troopers. Thanks for all the skill shards! Today's my Friday so I'll have a drink for you guys later.

Up the iro... alcohol!

Kardas
11-17-2016, 11:12 PM
I don't normally request troopers, but hAve occasionally. I normally keep all my tropers until I get a request, I then look for the highest inactive and drop them. If I don't have an iactive , 7 days, the request is ignored.
My exception is if the person's 100 champion is stripped of talismans or iow level talismans they are gone. It's your champion make him grand.

This. I have one other exception though: If the Trooper has a Champion character that I don't have. I still have two rather inactive Troopers in my list because one has a Pharaoh with a few Skill Shards, and the other has Visions Eddie.

Ringe666-7406
11-17-2016, 11:31 PM
This. I have one other exception though: If the Trooper has a Champion character that I don't have. I still have two rather inactive Troopers in my list because one has a Pharaoh with a few Skill Shards, and the other has Visions Eddie.

Hey Kardas, since you are not in that facebook group for troopers, I'll ask you (and FlyingV too), do you guys maybe have some wish for my champion... take a look to my roster and feel free to tell me ;)

Esquatcho
11-18-2016, 01:40 AM
I drop only after a week. But now I am full with troopers, I've started a list and if you dont use my trooper for more than maybe 3 days, I think I'd drop.

I dont drop based on trooper strength and same in picking new troopers. I think its important to help out new people starting the game. But you need to help me get those trooper points, is all I ask.

FlyingV
11-18-2016, 05:35 AM
Hey Kardas, since you are not in that facebook group for troopers, I'll ask you (and FlyingV too), do you guys maybe have some wish for my champion... take a look to my roster and feel free to tell me ;)

For whatever reason, your name did not come up (ringe666 or ringe666-7406)

Ringe666-7406
11-18-2016, 09:23 AM
For whatever reason, your name did not come up (ringe666 or ringe666-7406)

Idk why, I have you and your allied general :D

FlyingV
11-18-2016, 10:11 AM
Sorry, I was looking in the wrong place. Wht haven't you leveled your angels? Strife is one of the best sentinel characters.

Ringe666-7406
11-18-2016, 10:22 AM
Sorry, I was looking in the wrong place. Wht haven't you leveled your angels? Strife is one of the best sentinel characters.

Idk... Everything is sufficient now :D And after leveling come skill shards but I already don't know whom to upgrade with them... I might try after finishing red golden son and green pyro soldier actually, since I'm leveling them for free, and 3* green evos are on 35 or slt atm... More challenging that way, to play with weaker chars :D Btw, green pyro soldier is such an asset to a magus team :3

Hellrider
11-26-2016, 11:57 AM
I started to keep an Excel file to track trooper points I received two weeks ago. Added a formula to calculate how much they play my champion in the last 2 weeks and removing troopers based on that column.

Saigrim
12-06-2016, 09:45 PM
Have not started keeping a spreadsheet yet on who is actually playing my Trooper daily. I always read the names and a lot of them I know by heart now. If I had to guess, I'd say well over 2/3rds of them play my Trooper regularly. My biggest guide is days last played. I give a week. On the eighth day, it's time to go.

Vacation is not a good enough excuse. Wife and I recently took ours. I had plenty of time here and there to sneak them in. I was on vacation for crying out loud. Lol.

konstifik
12-07-2016, 10:12 AM
Inactivity, but also changing the trooper to something completely useless, or removing it's talismans so it get's crappy.

Feajy2
12-07-2016, 12:48 PM
Main reason is inactivity. I prefer active troopers.

ErikInVegas
12-24-2016, 10:32 AM
When I was new I filled up all available slots then started swapping those out for better characters.

Now that I've got a maxed out team and I'm auto farming Trooper Badges for Skill Shards I just replace the least active trooper with new Eddie requests since most characters can't auto farm madness because of misconfigured talismans and/or missing skill shards.

Then I hit all the Secret Locations and auto farm Underworld Madness (5 action points and better rewards than Dungeons) or the Dungeons VII (7 points, the min for best rewards) if I want that color shard.

powerslave74
01-14-2017, 11:10 AM
I will drop a trooper who is inactive for more than a week if I have trooper requests. I will also drop a trooper if they switch their champion to something completely useless. For example, I once had a trooper who changed their champion form a 5* Lvl. 100 corrupt general to a 3* Lvl. 10 Eddie. I dropped him quicker than a bad habit. I like helping out players who don't have very good characters yet, but if you are giving me garbage to play with while hiding great toons on your bench then you deserve to get dropped. I have tried to keep track of who is using my champion, but am not able to. I always accumulate more trooper badges than there are players who show up as having played my trooper, so I only go by last time the person logged in as a guide when to drop someone from my trooper list.

Chaosego888
01-15-2017, 09:04 PM
I will drop a trooper who is inactive for more than a week if I have trooper requests. I will also drop a trooper if they switch their champion to something completely useless. For example, I once had a trooper who changed their champion form a 5* Lvl. 100 corrupt general to a 3* Lvl. 10 Eddie. I dropped him quicker than a bad habit. I like helping out players who don't have very good characters yet, but if you are giving me garbage to play with while hiding great toons on your bench then you deserve to get dropped. I have tried to keep track of who is using my champion, but am not able to. I always accumulate more trooper badges than there are players who show up as having played my trooper, so I only go by last time the person logged in as a guide when to drop someone from my trooper list.
I have had troopers do this a few times. I assumed they were trying to lock it and accidentally crowned it. If I ever change mine to something dumb, just let me know and I will fix it. Early in the game I tried to find Nomad troopers and got one that was fully skill sharded. I only had it for a few days before he changed it to a 3 star level 1 Desert Warrior with zero talismans. I played with that stupid thing for a week hoping they would realize it before I dropped them. A trooper name Zuda, I wonder if he is still playing?

scott-5496
01-16-2017, 10:27 AM
I actually keep a crib sheet now with the names of troopers and try my best to keep it updated as soon as I get a notice of trooper points coming my way. If my troopers stop delivering and I have requests I will swap them in. I do play mine every day and I mean everyday without fail so I kind of expect others to do similar or at least close to it. I change the colour of my pen once a week to see if there are some previously great troopers not doing it so much and tend to drop them for a request. PVP certainly did not help my trooper as a lot of my points dropped off after the beta went out. But it is pretty good just now so if I don't get points for a few days I mark them and replace if I get a request.

Probably got too much time on my hands but I do work from home so I can do this easily and also farm every day. I moving more to an all Eddie trooper list as I know then that I wont lose any battles but do still have a lot of toons from troopers who nearly always get me points.

Thanks to all my troopers for the points - one of the reasons I keep on with the game is to help out others who I assume are still trying to get as many shards as possible - like me!

Cheers

Aristo4
01-16-2017, 02:24 PM
Cheers to both of you above :cool:

BonFire
02-18-2017, 05:32 AM
I tend to delete after 5 days. Sometimes four if I wanna get new ones. If I had a good memory, or any thought, I'd check which ones actually use mine every couple days. I've kept one trooper that seems to have disappeared. And that's only because I remember him at least being in my first 10. Nomad saved me a lot before he switched to troll and those shields saved me.

Tritium
02-18-2017, 08:26 AM
@BonFire, I think I've got you on my list. Your champ is a maxed out Prisoner, yea?

BonFire
02-18-2017, 09:20 AM
@BonFire, I think I've got you on my list. Your champ is a maxed out Prisoner, yea?

Oh hey, yeah that's me. Your angel has helped me through the Underworld quests and secret location.

Tritium
02-18-2017, 08:15 PM
Oh hey, yeah that's me. Your angel has helped me through the Underworld quests and secret location.

Awesome, man! It's cool finding you on the forums. Your prisoner is my favorite go-to trooper for Madness Light Bringer haha. Helps shut down those pesky trolls.

BonFire
02-18-2017, 08:57 PM
Awesome, man! It's cool finding you on the forums. Your prisoner is my favorite go-to trooper for Madness Light Bringer haha. Helps shut down those pesky trolls.

It is pretty awesome dude. That's what i use the Prisoner for too. Any time a shield comes up, or as I found out not long after I got him, the mines from Battlefield.