PDA

View Full Version : Magnus Allied Soldier new Talismans build

blade685
11-18-2016, 09:23 AM
what is the best Talismans build for Magnus Allied Soldier since he change (now need more health for damage)
Mine have 2 Stone ward and 4 shock arcane, good build or not the best possible for my 4 magnus team (CR Eddie 5*: 2 health ward, 2 paladin (1 arcane, 1 power), 2 holy arcane + PDK 5*: 2 health ward, 2 paladin arcane, 2 penetrating (1 arcane, 1 power) + Corrupt general 5*: 1 Boost Bulwark, 2 Holy Power, 3 freezing arcane)?

Esquatcho
11-18-2016, 01:42 PM
I've gont 3xblind and 3xfreezing. Seems to give a nice mix to maximise attack. Otherwise I'd look at 4xhealth(ward) and 2xholy(arcane) and see. Maybe keep one of your shock sets and change the other for 2xhealth(wards) and see if that means more damage?

Kardas
11-20-2016, 09:52 AM
I run him with a Freeze set, a Holy set and a green Talisman and I do around 5000 damage to neutral targets on Game of Death Madness (with max Skill Shards)

Blue Allied Soldier's DEF is quite low though. Since Ward is the only worthwhile green Talisman type for him, I recommend your blue Talismans to be of the Power subtype.

ShadowedLies
12-03-2016, 09:27 AM
I've gont 3xblind and 3xfreezing. Seems to give a nice mix to maximise attack. Otherwise I'd look at 4xhealth(ward) and 2xholy(arcane) and see. Maybe keep one of your shock sets and change the other for 2xhealth(wards) and see if that means more damage?

Do you recommend freezing (power) and blind (ward)? His reflect shield is one reason my team generally survives the higher LoL dungeons so I'd like to maximize his effectiveness as much as possible. You touched on this in my previous thread but didnt specify the subtypes. Also would you say that setup is more beneficial than the 4x health and 2x holy?

Esquatcho
12-04-2016, 12:26 AM
Do you recommend freezing (power) and blind (ward)? His reflect shield is one reason my team generally survives the higher LoL dungeons so I'd like to maximize his effectiveness as much as possible. You touched on this in my previous thread but didnt specify the subtypes. Also would you say that setup is more beneficial than the 4x health and 2x holy?

Freezing/Blind is what i have on my BAS and in manual he smashes everything, while also being quite defensive. That said, I havent tried him with 4xhealth/2xholy at all. Just havent had the time as he does quite well with the set I've got.

Certainly the 3xblind & 3xfreezing does quite a bit better than the 4xholy/2xhealth I had on him before the tweak.

If you do try the health/holy combo, let me know how you go!

As for subtypes, I'd go for power for the holies, as for the greens you are stuck with ward.

ShadowedLies
12-04-2016, 01:37 AM
Freezing/Blind is what i have on my BAS and in manual he smashes everything, while also being quite defensive. That said, I havent tried him with 4xhealth/2xholy at all. Just havent had the time as he does quite well with the set I've got.

Certainly the 3xblind & 3xfreezing does quite a bit better than the 4xholy/2xhealth I had on him before the tweak.

If you do try the health/holy combo, let me know how you go!

As for subtypes, I'd go for power for the holies, as for the greens you are stuck with ward.

I currently have the 4x health 2x holy right now and he does okay i suppose. I may try to get some blind/freezing runes upgraded to try that set out if anything to make sure he puts neg effects on the targets so FotD eddie's fury can heal like it is supposed to.
Sooooo much tinkering with this game!

blade685
12-27-2016, 11:19 AM
What is the best finally, now his damage is linked to hp :)

blade685
12-29-2016, 08:45 AM
up :)

blade685
12-30-2016, 08:58 AM
someone can tell me? :)

Schadenfreud-0217
12-30-2016, 10:46 AM
Depends if you'd like to use him for PvP or PvE and what kind of team you're running him in. There is no "ONE CORRECT AND BEST BUILD".
Here's a few examples on what you might want to do:
PvP (Offense) - 3x Freezing (Power) and 3x Energy (Ward)
PvP (Defense) - 3x Freezing (Power) and 3x Paralysis/Blind (Ward)
PvE Max flat DMG for auto-farm - 4x Holy (3x Power, 1x Arcane) and 2x Ascension (Ward)
PvE team comp depending on Debuffs - 4x Shock (3x Power, 1x Arcane) 2x Ascension (Ward)

And so on and so forth... You can check my guide (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?1739-Guide-How-to-choose-your-character-s-talismans) on character building (which someone should really make a sticky I think)...

P.S. It's MAGUS not magNus :P

blade685
12-30-2016, 10:56 AM
Thanks, it' s for pve auto farming to replace my CG (bad in auto now :( ) , no freeze in auto?
Team: CR eddie+ AOF+CG+Blue allied soldier, it's my 4 full characters

Schadenfreud-0217
01-01-2017, 12:11 PM
Thanks, it' s for pve auto farming to replace my CG (bad in auto now :( ) , no freeze in auto?
Team: CR eddie+ AOF+CG+Blue allied soldier, it's my 4 full characters

Generally talismans with procs aren't as good on auto (because of the AI rarely doing perfect attacks), but if you don't really mind losing some consistent damage over a proc which will later be useful in PvP - go for 3 Freeze and 3 Blind/Paralysis/Energy (depending on which one you prefer).

blade685
01-02-2017, 12:53 PM
Generally talismans with procs aren't as good on auto (because of the AI rarely doing perfect attacks), but if you don't really mind losing some consistent damage over a proc which will later be useful in PvP - go for 3 Freeze and 3 Blind/Paralysis/Energy (depending on which one you prefer).thx need to upgrad some tallismans to test it in your auto mod

blade685
01-02-2017, 05:33 PM
i'm testing with your PvE Max flat DMG for auto-farm - 4x Holy (3x Power, 1x Arcane) and 2x Ascension (Ward)
used many runes for that ^^
and it seems to be better than my anemic damage CG :( (loved him before nerf)

Kardas
01-03-2017, 01:06 PM
I was curious about the blue allied soldier's HP scaling on his attack, so I tested a few Talisman combos. All of em had 3 Freeze Power because I was lazy. All Talis were lvl 50

I tried:
Alongside the 3 Freeze, I tested a combo of 2 holy & 1 green, 3 Blind, and 2 Health & 1 blue, and the 2 holy & 1 health still outdamages the rest. Hope this helps you all out

Arcturus
01-03-2017, 03:31 PM
I was curious about the blue allied soldier's HP scaling on his attack, so I tested a few Talisman combos. All of em had 3 Freeze Power because I was lazy. All Talis were lvl 50

I tried:
Alongside the 3 Freeze, I tested a combo of 2 holy & 1 green, 3 Blind, and 2 Health & 1 blue, and the 2 holy & 1 health still outdamages the rest. Hope this helps you all out

(completely off topic, Kardas, but between your avatar pic and signature I just read your ode to the blue allied soldier in Christopher Lee's voice)

This seems to support my philosophy on damage scaling: to get max damage, always focus on the prime damage type (e.g., physical damage with DEF scaling would be highest by focusing on ATK, and Magic damage with HP scaling should be highest focusing on MAG). Note - I have good data on how attacks scale with DEF, but the HP scaling is more of a hunch, but in line with Kardas' findings here.

I'm not saying that maximizing damage is always the best choice, and if someone (like the blue soldier here) scales with HP, it's a good idea to pump up HP because you can make him harder to kill while sacrificing less damage than someone who doesn't scale with HP.

blade685
01-03-2017, 03:32 PM

I tried:
you can try :4x Holy (3x Power, 1x Arcane) and 2x Ascension (Ward)
it works well for me