PDA

View Full Version : Officially Done W/ Souls

GreyMouser
11-18-2016, 02:47 PM
After I have flushed yet more shiny turds down the Toilet Of Souls (it does have a real toilet feel), only to get 3* trash - I'm done. Skill shards only from here on out. Something happened with the drop rate and it's now complete crap. I'm the fool here for trying relentlessly, but I've finally learned. Will not spend 1 more dime on this garbage. My last drop of shame has ended and I've wiped the stain of these tantalizing gems from my bunghole.

Witkacy
11-18-2016, 03:18 PM
After I have flushed yet more shiny turds down the Toilet Of Souls (it does have a real toilet feel), only to get 3* trash - I'm done. Skill shards only from here on out. Something happened with the drop rate and it's now complete crap. I'm the fool here for trying relentlessly, but I've finally learned. Will not spend 1 more dime on this garbage. My last drop of shame has ended and I've wiped the stain of these tantalizing gems from my bunghole.

GreyMouser :)

Well... I've learnt this lesson much earlier, though not painlessly... Afer this ''super duper fantastic stuff'' I was getting from rare souls - I thought it would be much smarter and useful to invest in skill shards for my USEFUL toons - that way I'll produce great characters on my own - as they say: ''if you not help yourself, nobody else can''... At first I had some dreams that may get certain cool characters - but after opening hundereds of rare souls - thought finally that maybe will be better not to open them up - and not to upset myself on constant dupes - while I was selling ones to make room for another the same coming up... There's no logic in this - so I gave up, really... Open just 5 regular souls to do the daily achivement, and then instantly selling them - yet have some dimes and ironities... And no regetting, no frustration, because I have no expectations really... Not anymore... It WOULD BE COOL to get some other Eddies even 2* than actually droping - to make bigger my library... Yet the devs thinking different obviously - they ARE NOT interested that people had them more in various kinds... Opposite to this what I once read to ''collect them all''... It better to have 20 RTTH, 10 Mummy, SoL and what's not... I was hoping for the sacrifice - and kept those spare ones - but I can see NO REAL SENSE in costantly increasing my inventory slots - just for getting the same over and over...

Cheers,

W

IceeeDz
11-18-2016, 03:38 PM
Thanks to this awesome forum and players, I've learned early too. All troopers points to skill shards.

Sometimes I buy souls with Ironites when I have enough for some SoT refills too.

slauki
11-18-2016, 08:08 PM
i can see some good points in buying souls as long as you are new to the game. it was the right thing for my 2nd account so i was able to finish the game in more than 10 days. without buying souls i would still stuck somewhere in battlefield i guess.

but if you have some good teams together i would also always prefer to push them with skillshards rathar than gambling for other characters.

Esquatcho
11-19-2016, 12:12 PM
Only time I'd suggest buying souls with ironite is for specials. I know a lot of people who got their FOTD Eddie with green souls bought with ironite!

But yeah, otherwise, skillshards are the only way to go!

That said.... Sparton said we shouldnt be spending our souls, with some sort of update potentially coming up!

slauki
11-19-2016, 01:42 PM
Only time I'd suggest buying souls with ironite is for specials. I know a lot of people who got their FOTD Eddie with green souls bought with ironite!

But yeah, otherwise, skillshards are the only way to go!

That said.... Sparton said we shouldnt be spending our skills shards, with some sort of update potentially coming up!

hey esquatcho,

where did you read that statement? i only read that we should keep our souls together, but nothing regarding skillshards.
would be curious if i overlooked something. cheers

Nicko
11-19-2016, 03:07 PM
Sparton said we shouldnt be spending our skills shards, with some sort of update potentially coming up!

I don't remember skillshards either - just souls

http://http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?4280-New-additions-next-week (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?4280-New-additions-next-week)

"I hope you haven't sold your souls.

Sorry, I don't think I'm supposed to say anything yet, but we've got a bunch of awesome lined up that'll drum up some excitement towards the end of the year and then into the new one. Please look forward to it!"

The Educated fool
11-19-2016, 08:56 PM
hey esquatcho,

where did you read that statement? i only read that we should keep our souls together, but nothing regarding skillshards.
would be curious if i overlooked something. cheers

I didn't see this statement made explicitly either, but I can see the logic to it. The coming update more than likely includes some new characters... and if they're good new characters, you'll want skill shards for them. :cool:

Baba-8301
11-19-2016, 10:42 PM
I'm hesitant to spend shards in the run up to an update because I don't want to be caught out by rebalancing. I do like the optimism of "the new characters might be awesome" though ;)

Esquatcho
11-20-2016, 03:33 AM
Sorry everyone! I meant to say souls, not skill shards!!! My meaning was that maybe we should be saving the trooper points in case its useful to dump into souls with the new update....

No idea why I wrote skills shards!

Will go back & edit.