PDA

View Full Version : Character trading

konstifik
11-18-2016, 04:18 PM
A system for trading characters would be awesome. This would be a great way to get some use out of duplicates high-end characters. I have duplicates of CR Eddie, Warrior COTD, Rocket Dog, Angel of Strife and a few others that would make other players happy while I am missing some characters of equal rarity. There could be ways to restrict the trading, such as players having to pay ironite or trooper points to do a trade.

Ancient Mariner
11-18-2016, 07:48 PM
I may sound unpopular, but i wouldn't like that.
I want CR Eddie so bad for example, but if i could simply swap it with one of my dupes it wouldn't feel "deserved", and also because i find the "collectibles" part of these kind of games one of the main fun.

I always imagine if these features would be implemented one day, i think i would leave the game soon...nothing more to achieve -> no more fun. This is my opinion

And also we should consider how this would (negatively) affect the commercial dynamics for developers, which therefore i suppose would never take in account such ideas.

I'd like instead to have a limit to dupes - for example max 2 per char - but i guess this is going to be solved by the next "sacrifice" feature to be released

slauki
11-18-2016, 08:01 PM
I may sound unpopular, but i wouldn't like that.
I want CR Eddie so bad for example, but if i could simply swap it with one of my dupes it wouldn't feel "deserved", and also because i find the "collectibles" part of these kind of games one of the main fun.

I always imagine if these features would be implemented one day, i think i would leave the game soon...nothing more to achieve -> no more fun. This is my opinion

And also we should consider how this would (negatively) affect the commercial dynamics for developers, which therefore i suppose would never take in account such ideas.

I'd like instead to have a limit to dupes - for example max 2 per char - but i guess this is going to be solved by the next "sacrifice" feature to be released

don't like the idea of a trading system too, since there are not enough characters in the game. you would get 95% of all characters pretty soon, that would be game crushing.
sacrifice is all we need imo.

konstifik
11-19-2016, 01:41 PM
Well, as I said, they could easily impose restrictions on the trading so that each trader have to pay more than just the character. It shouldn't be a way to get all the players in the game, but rather a way for smart players to build their teams and reduce the impact of the randomness.

Depending on how the sacrifice function will turn out, this might be very unnecessary, but personally I think more in-game interaction with other players would be great and this is one way to do that.

floki
11-22-2016, 07:22 PM
don't like the idea of a trading system too, since there are not enough characters in the game. you would get 95% of all characters pretty soon, that would be game crushing.
sacrifice is all we need imo.

this may be a noob question so excuse me for that but...
what is this sacrifice system i hear so much people talking about?
like a way of trading up or something? or using dupes for a new toon or...?

Witkacy
11-22-2016, 10:18 PM
this may be a noob question so excuse me for that but...
what is this sacrifice system i hear so much people talking about?
like a way of trading up or something? or using dupes for a new toon or...?

floki :)

We don't know just yet how it will works... All we know though is to possibility of exchange some characters for ''rewards''...

Cheers,

W

aur0ra85
11-22-2016, 10:58 PM
I'll trade you tow of cultists for a nomad!
Good deal!