PDA

View Full Version : Rush and Warp Talismans

FlyingV
11-19-2016, 12:35 AM
I have 3 rush and 4 warp talis that have neither been used nor leveled that survived the many talisman rummage sales. I've seen a lot of people posting about AoFand the Rush, but I have no angels. Are these particularly useful elsewhere? I have plenty of boost talismans, which have been my go to for yellow pairs.

i'm simply wondering if this is worth any investment given the characters that I have or if I should just wait until the next update for some 3* replacements should I have no characters that are in immediate need of this upgrade. What say you?

Aristo4
11-19-2016, 01:05 AM
All these 2 ever were, was the bad alternatives of the boost ones. I've actually sold my max set of rush's one day when I was flat broke :P

Boost raises 25% flat the special stat and the other two,25% of DEF or MR.
Unless you have a yellow character with these stats really high and in need of more Special, no need for them atm.

Kept some just in case though.

FlyingV
11-19-2016, 01:22 AM
Ahh, thanks for the update. I couldn't see the sense in these myself with free-dropping Boosts, Thieves, and even invisibilities, but I have missed a few beneficial strategies in the past.

Aristo4
11-19-2016, 01:25 AM
http://ironmaidenlegacy.wikia.com/wiki/Talismans

Take a look here, when in doubt.
Values were corrected, only some % of skills triggering seem to still be false otherwise its ok.

Kardas
11-19-2016, 10:10 AM
Giving Grim Reaper Eddie a Bulwark Warp set may be nice to have his Fury trigger often. I don't know of any other nonyellows that would use a yellow set.

Reeb99
11-19-2016, 11:03 AM
I use a warp set on my Alliance General, but that's it. I kept a few of each, then realized all but one of the rush that I kept was the stupid onslaught variation. Could have really used a set on the red Angel I pulled last week, but I guess boost will do for now.

Esquatcho
11-19-2016, 12:02 PM
I think they can be quite useful instead of a set of greens on some eddies or support characters.

Basically you give up a little HP, but gain more att/mag and sacrifice the defence for increased special. The special can be quite useful to get the fury going off more frequently on Eddies with killer specials. For example, the heal on Fotd, or CR/GR Eddies.

Characters with good def / MR are good options for them, but you do need the right talisman coloured slots. Im thinking CR Eddie, bomber boy or sentinel PSS as examples. Of course AoF is the #1 rush(will) use!

Nicko
11-19-2016, 04:23 PM
I have a set of Warp on my Prisoner. Damage is increased with Special, and his MR is high, so Warp played out better than Boost.

Agree with Aristo4; only niche uses but good to have a set around for the right character. It's a matter of doing the math and seeing what plays out best.

Shifter
11-19-2016, 08:18 PM
I use the one for x Mr on pdk since his Mr is so high fury comes quick.

The Educated fool
11-19-2016, 08:25 PM
I have a set of Warp on my Prisoner. Damage is increased with Special, and his MR is high, so Warp played out better than Boost.

Agree with Aristo4; only niche uses but good to have a set around for the right character. It's a matter of doing the math and seeing what plays out best.

I'm curious about the numbers... a couple hundred special difference or so? My Prisoner has yet to receive a final talisman build.

Nicko
11-20-2016, 12:28 AM
I'm curious about the numbers... a couple hundred special difference or so? My Prisoner has yet to receive a final talisman build.

Much smaller difference than that.

Warp = 25% x 563 = 140 bonus

Boost = 25% x 466 = 116 boost