PDA

View Full Version : What about rankings?

manolis
11-19-2016, 11:46 AM
Ok, so we're done with the game, level 99, dozens of Eddies and allies at level 100, fully upgraded, with 100lvl talismans, and lots and lots of skill shards applied...

Is there any rank system by county or in general? Anything left to do that those 10 Achievements?

FlyingV
11-19-2016, 05:02 PM
Ok, so we're done with the game, level 99, dozens of Eddies and allies at level 100, fully upgraded, with 100lvl talismans, and lots and lots of skill shards applied...

Is there any rank system by county or in general? Anything left to do that those 10 Achievements?

Just my opinion, but it seems pointless to me unless/until PVP is released.

manolis
11-19-2016, 08:22 PM
Don't you think we should have a ranking page or something still? I mean, there's a lot of gaming hours spent already so we need some kind of rankings. I totally agree though, PVP must be released asap...

FlyingV
11-19-2016, 10:28 PM
O
Don't you think we should have a ranking page or something still? I mean, there's a lot of gaming hours spent already so we need some kind of rankings. I totally agree though, PVP must be released asap...

I don't see the point of rankings. Everybody maxes at 100, so what is it we are supposed to rank? The number of times LotB was farmed on madness? The amount of gold someone has for the moment? The number of maxed characters? Much of this is subjective and really not worth aspiring towards accomplishing in my opinion.

In order for the any of this to have any meaning, one would have to assign values that are not present already, like attack rating based on a combination of talisman power level power and stats, or some other arbitrary rubric to define success for a bunch of people who are simply farming/building.

Worst of all, that would require devs to wrap their heads around that, which would take even more time away from things like PVP and other aspects of the game we have been waiting for.

maybe you have some additional thoughts that would make sense of rankings today, but I'm just not seeing it.

Baba-8301
11-19-2016, 10:40 PM
I agree, in the solo / PVE world ranking is going to boil down to who plays the most. While that is an achievement it is limited to the subset of people who can spend 4 hours plus a day on the game. I reckon I do well to get my 30 minutes of commute each way before the train disappears under ground :) In a PVP context ranking becomes a lot more meaningful.