PDA

View Full Version : Skill shards or class souls?

The Ancient Mariner
11-21-2016, 09:39 PM
Which is the better investment? Discuss

blade685
11-21-2016, 10:09 PM
Which is the better investment? Discuss

if you have good character skill shard if not souls

IceeeDz
11-21-2016, 10:45 PM
Skill shards. They are not random. You won't buy a skill shard and receive a 1* Shard.

I use Ironites on Rare Souls (the pack with 10) and my trooper points in Skill Shards.

FlyingV
11-21-2016, 10:47 PM
Skill shards. Souls suck. The drop rate is so bad that any seasoned player with a few characters in inventory would not part with hard earned resources. The Devs have noticed we aren't spending the anticipated ironite/trooper badges on rare/rare class souls, so the solution was to effectively eliminate rare souls from rewards to increase the demand by limiting the supply. Unfortunately, without revamping the drops from these souls they went from high supply of crap to low supply of crap. Demand may i variably go up, but not by much.

The only time class souls are (or may be) worth it are during some rare, limited promo, and if they burn us on that enough, then that might come back and bite them in the ass. Last promo was a day one bonanza and a day2-3 drought, for example.

Kaijester
11-21-2016, 10:52 PM
I got my great gunner characters from buying G/A Souls at 3750 trooper badges...imo get skill shards only when you gotten the characters that you wanted.

Eagleknight
11-21-2016, 10:54 PM
I have to agree skillshards are the way to go. I once thought that specific souls might be useful for trying to get a specific charater like samurai Eddie but after buying 25 red souls I learned the truth... Go with skillshards.

Eagleknight
11-21-2016, 10:57 PM
I got my great gunner characters from buying G/A Souls at 3750 trooper badges...imo get skill shards only when you gotten the characters that you wanted.

I guess ass/gun souls are the exception. But the red,blue,green are not very good.

FlyingV
11-22-2016, 12:37 AM
I guess ass/gun souls are the exception. But the red,blue,green are not very good.

I think the experience of the poster in this thread was the exception. I don't recall ever getting anything of merit from purchased gunner/ass souls. My two great purple/yellow pulls were in-game awarded souls, if I recall correctly, whereas my purchased G/A souls have not been very rewarding. I also recall a meltdown or two on this forum about G/A investments gone awry.

Esquatcho
11-22-2016, 01:23 AM
I think the experience of the poster in this thread was the exception. I don't recall ever getting anything of merit from purchased gunner/ass souls. My two great purple/yellow pulls were in-game awarded souls, if I recall correctly, whereas my purchased G/A souls have not been very rewarding. I also recall a meltdown or two on this forum about G/A investments gone awry.

I believe I may have gotten my assassin GS from a G/A soul... Whether they are worth the higher cost than red/green/blue souls is a different matter completely though!

If I had to come up with a rule for trooper points it would be:

- New teams: Souls
- Experienced teams: Skill shards - Except during special events

So many people got FOTD from green souls for example (myself included)

scott-5496
11-22-2016, 10:33 AM
I am just in this situation just now. Farmed LOL X today and got bag load of souls - just normal ones and loads of 3* Red Evo Runes (I think 11 so far in one and half sands of time run throughs). Anyway, I have used troopers for this and got loads of badges to spend.....I don't have loads of great toons yet and really want an Assassin GS or CotD - really anything to be honest that will add to what I have as my main toons.....

Esquatcho
11-22-2016, 01:50 PM
I am just in this situation just now. Farmed LOL X today and got bag load of souls - just normal ones and loads of 3* Red Evo Runes (I think 11 so far in one and half sands of time run throughs).

Digressing from the thread topic - But you what!?!? I've been going the red LoLX every time it comes around for at least a sands-worth & have probably only gotten 11 3* evo shards in the past month!

Anyway, maybe worth spending the trooper points on red souls, considering you've gotten so many upgrade shards?

Frost
11-22-2016, 01:52 PM
Souls are so random and waste. You can get your allies very powerfull with skill shards.

osiris0000
11-22-2016, 02:10 PM
I have a strategy depend on what i need currently. For example, i have maxed my 3 chars with skillshards that i use most of the time. On the other hand, i really want to collect some new characters (Gunner & Assassin ones), thats why i am investing in Gunner & Assassin rare souls currently. I know this is an expensive gamble, but i have no other choice to get a chance for obtaining my desired chars.

In my opinion, skillshards are the best investment if you have all the chars you desire - or if you haven't maxed your main team.

But if you have maxed enough chars to keep the game going, i can't see any logic about putting skillshards on another non-top tier chars. I need to have a char that worth that skillshards, otherwise i don't spend my trooper points to collect skillshards.

The Ancient Mariner
11-22-2016, 02:29 PM
I have a strategy depend on what i need currently. For example, i have maxed my 3 chars with skillshards that i use most of the time. On the other hand, i really want to collect some new characters (Gunner & Assassin ones), thats why i am investing in Gunner & Assassin rare souls currently. I know this is an expensive gamble, but i have no other choice to get a chance for obtaining my desired chars.

In my opinion, skillshards are the best investment if you have all the chars you desire - or if you haven't maxed your main team.

But if you have maxed enough chars to keep the game going, i can't see any logic about putting skillshards on another non-top tier chars. I need to have a char that worth that skillshards, otherwise i don't spend my trooper points to collect skillshards.

I agree. I was really just trying to generate a conversation on here about stuff in game especially since we can actually talk these days instead of wading through tons of spam. Currently, I am buying 1 shard (to max out GR Eddie) for each 2 sould I buy. Example, hit 5k buy a shard, hit 2.5k buy 2 red souls (I really want that damn AoF lol).

FlyingV
11-22-2016, 06:53 PM
I believe I may have gotten my assassin GS from a G/A soul... Whether they are worth the higher cost than red/green/blue souls is a different matter completely though!

If I had to come up with a rule for trooper points it would be:

- New teams: Souls
- Experienced teams: Skill shards - Except during special events

So many people got FOTD from green souls for example (myself included)

Not I, and I committed every badge I could to green souls (as well as all remining ironite on rare souls during the event). Granted, one could only score so many with 3-4 days of play, but it ended up being a worthless sacrifice of a skill shard or two in the end. Imhave grave misgivings that the same fate will revisit me during next week's update.

FlyingV
11-22-2016, 06:57 PM

the strategy is understandable, but overlooks a few aspects: namely the banking of skill shards for new promo characters and sacrifice prospects in the future. Three months of accumulating is only 2-4 characters worth of shards, and a promo or update seems inevitable for that duration.