PDA

View Full Version : Meteor Talismans

Esquatcho
11-23-2016, 01:12 AM
Are they worth it? Seem to do reasonable damage (5kish in Game of Death madness), but 10 power points!?!? Maybe teamed up with a under-powered power stealer... Any ideas where they might be useful?

Reeb99
11-23-2016, 02:19 AM
I'd say only when teamed up with power generating / stealing characters and on characters that lack a good area attack. So say on a desert warrior or someone similar, who has skills that are desirable for boss fights but are otherwise underwhelming.

aur0ra85
11-23-2016, 02:24 AM
It's been a long time since I've seen or used a set of these. Some of my early end game troopers had these and the comet sets. I don't remember them being 10 power? They did decent damage. Wasn't crazy or anything.

konstifik
11-23-2016, 08:07 AM
10 power AND 4 talismans slots seems like to much for these to really be useful.

vgta99
11-23-2016, 08:47 AM
These maximised

MuadDib-7367
11-23-2016, 03:13 PM
I tested out on my red golden son. Biggest damage I've ever seen. I can imagine using Alliance General buff, then in 2 turns regenerate enough energy to use meteor. That should kill every known villain.

konstifik
11-23-2016, 04:11 PM
I tested out on my red golden son. Biggest damage I've ever seen. I can imagine using Alliance General buff, then in 2 turns regenerate enough energy to use meteor. That should kill every known villain.

With Alliance Generals buff, you should be able to kill most waves in 1-2 turns with other setups, and what you describe would take 3 turns (it could actually be made in 1 turn with a bit of luck though) so I still don't see the use of these.

Also, the Alliance Generals buff was fixed/nerfed in this update, so it doesn't guarantee critical strikes anymore, just gives a decent chance for them to happen.

Bobo
11-23-2016, 08:15 PM
I got four of them from my achievement unlocks, but I'm struggling to justify it using not only four talisman slots, but 10 power to pull it off! For that, I'd expect it to be mass producing legendary souls! :D

Ionswarm
11-26-2016, 03:48 AM
I tested out on my red golden son. Biggest damage I've ever seen.

Better than 3 pairs of burn talismans? Those hit every enemy every round for 3-9 burns and cost no power.

Ionswarm
11-26-2016, 03:54 AM
Although that takes all six slots....

Esquatcho
11-26-2016, 05:02 AM
Maybe the 10 power is a concession to the founders who have the same set (but lower power use)?

Esquatcho
11-26-2016, 05:02 AM
Better than 3 pairs of burn talismans? Those hit every enemy every round for 3-9 burns and cost no power.

But require perfects... So need luck with auto

MuadDib-7367
11-28-2016, 06:00 PM
I just did 40K damage to purple LOL boss with 1 lvl 50, 1 45/50 and 2 lvl 40/40 meteors. Definitely will be handy for boss with tons of health.

Ionswarm
11-28-2016, 07:05 PM
I just did 40K damage to purple LOL boss with 1 lvl 50, 1 45/50 and 2 lvl 40/40 meteors. Definitely will be handy for boss with tons of health.

This is with your Golden Son Warrior? So neutral class affinity? Armor piercing off?

Fudjo
11-28-2016, 07:18 PM
Dunno if they're good, but they sure are freakin' hilarious. Gotta love dropping a giant rock on people. :)

MuadDib-7367
11-28-2016, 07:27 PM
This is with your Golden Son Warrior? So neutral class affinity? Armor piercing off?

Red Golden Son. I now run 2 piercing along with the meteors. Pairing with Alliance General makes it easy to auto farm.

iPoop
02-23-2017, 12:46 AM
Bumping this thread.

Anyone have any additional thoughts on this talisman? Has anyone built anything other than a glass cannon with these things?

mjmxiii
02-23-2017, 09:36 PM
Bumping this thread.

Anyone have any additional thoughts on this talisman? Has anyone built anything other than a glass cannon with these things?

Mine sat with RTTH for the longest time, doing nothing. Recently put them on my Wicker Man. It almost feels like they were made to compliment his skill set. Close to maxed out and hitting hard. Have tried overwhelming and mystical (Stone and Health) talismans and prefer Stone as they increase his DEF which helps him hit harder. The animation actually makes it look like he's throwing the meteor too, which is always good for a laugh.

MetalKing
09-26-2017, 12:24 PM
I would like to see if it would be good on a team with magus child of the dammed, aces high Eddie (roulette), and angel of fear. I would put the talismans on either aces high or aof. Any thoughts?

Kmadd69
06-07-2018, 07:11 PM
lol I put them on my gunner dog he does crazy damage

Cefiar
06-07-2018, 11:02 PM
I used to use them on Gunner Demon spawn. The huge attack boost was welcome for his single target hit, and if power wasn't a problem I could drop the meteor on the opponent too. Tho I have more worthwhile characters for them now.

Maiden68
02-01-2019, 11:53 PM
So how does this work??

Zantarath
02-03-2019, 07:23 PM
They are good on red corrupt rescuer who can take advantage of the additional per burn

Pair that with the new blue banshee and you can build a mid tier burn team, throw in wicker man or crusader Eddie and ur good

But it’s easily replaced by Icarus, Daedalus or good ol Beelzubub.

The only character that I have a set of these on anyways

HK-47
02-03-2019, 11:43 PM
Problem with Meteors and Rages is that any character that can take them can also take Echo, which is a much better set

scott-5496
02-08-2019, 12:38 PM
For me it depend on who you use them on. I love this set on lower tier characters for gauntlet - use them every time as they are just pretty nasty when they hit! These four sets that you can get are often overlooked as a good alternative route in gauntlet and in soem other PVE situations.

HK-47
02-08-2019, 12:50 PM
For me it depend on who you use them on. I love this set on lower tier characters for gauntlet - use them every time as they are just pretty nasty when they hit! These four sets that you can get are often overlooked as a good alternative route in gauntlet and in some other PVE situations.

Fair point actually, I do in fact use them on lower tier characters to great effect in the Gauntlet, especially when going second. But as I level up warriors, the slightly less effective meteor and rage talismans get swapped for echos when I have them

I do love comet and quake a lot though

edsel
02-08-2019, 01:56 PM
Best 4set is Quake for me, I run all Ward for hi magic damage + extra turn and they stun often

Maiden68
02-08-2019, 04:14 PM
Fair point actually, I do in fact use them on lower tier characters to great effect in the Gauntlet, especially when going second. But as I level up warriors, the slightly less effective meteor and rage talismans get swapped for echos when I have them

I do love comet and quake a lot though

Well I got lucky with Quake and echoes wasn't sure where to put echoes either, and a full set of meateor, with my current characters and their builds I'm sure I got something I can work with... Any ideas on that?

Jaws312
02-08-2019, 04:30 PM
I use meteors on Warrior Chopper and it packs a heavy hit. Mostly use him in dailies and Gauntlet.

scott-5496
02-08-2019, 05:52 PM
Not got a warrior chopper - one of the few I have missed! But you can use meteor and or rage spear on demon dog - he can be a brutal pest!

Quake work on loads and swap them about a lot - I had them on Horus but also on several others with the possibillity of four green slots. They are just a bonus to have in most characters they fit! Not sure about best fit but if you need a sturdy stunner they work!

HK-47
02-08-2019, 11:37 PM
Well I got lucky with Quake and echoes wasn't sure where to put echoes either, and a full set of meateor, with my current characters and their builds I'm sure I got something I can work with... Any ideas on that?

I haven't seen your roster but echoes go well with Gunner war dog (for shredding force shields in Brave New World) and any character who has the attack that deals additional damage for every beneficial effect (Aces High, Gunner Desert Sniper to name a few)

Maiden68
02-08-2019, 11:54 PM
I haven't seen your roster but echoes go well with Gunner war dog (for shredding force shields in Brave New World) and any character who has the attack that deals additional damage for every beneficial effect (Aces High, Gunner Desert Sniper to name a few)

Yeah of course a few more I Need to Work on Getting... my Wish list is getting Bigger!!! Where's a wishing well when you wanna throw yourself into it!?? Lol
Talk about jumping into that Pool... ;)

HK-47
02-09-2019, 12:11 AM
Gunner dog's easy to get as he's a three star but he'll take a bit more to power up and evolve, on the flipside. He's worth the investment though.

Also, work on getting Eternity Eddie if you don't have him already. He's definitely worth his weight in gold.

Maiden68
02-09-2019, 12:47 AM
Gunner dog's easy to get as he's a three star but he'll take a bit more to power up and evolve, on the flipside. He's worth the investment though.

Also, work on getting Eternity Eddie if you don't have him already. He's definitely worth his weight in gold.

Adding those to my to-do list in the next few ....uh. Whatever it takes!!! Can't say I've ever heard of Gunner dog? You Mean the one with Machine gun and saddle bags on his back?? Or the death dog either!

HK-47
02-09-2019, 12:48 AM
Machine gun and saddle bags. Sorry, I forgot his official name

Eternity Eddie isn't crazy OP, but he is excellent for Brave New World bosses, and a couple other places

GotN
02-09-2019, 01:06 AM
His official name is... Gunner dog :p

HK-47
02-09-2019, 01:08 AM
Looks like you (Maiden68) have Aces High and Gunner Dog already. The Echo set on Krampus is a wise choice, I'd personally put them on Aces High, but Krampus is fine too.
Solution= Get more Echo (You can never have enough Echo sets)

One other suggestion- I would move the Strike talismans from Storm Eddie to Run to the Hills because RTTH basic attack has a chance to reset and start again, which carries over to when he does a counterattack

Maiden68
02-09-2019, 01:14 AM
I see you peeped into my wares... Now you see, said the blind man to the fool! Lol

Looks like you (Maiden68) have Aces High and Gunner Dog already. The Echo set on Krampus is a wise choice, I'd personally put them on Aces High, but Krampus is fine too. I did that for effect of lvl, but that sounds like a plan top-notch aces high Eddie was my other fav!
Solution= Get more Echo (You can never have enough Echo sets) as they drop I use....

One other suggestion- I would move the Strike talismans from Storm Eddie to Run to the Hills because RTTH basic attack has a chance to reset and start again, which carries over to when he does a counterattack I again experimentaly used that, I see your point too! Cool Thanks!! ;)

Maiden68
02-09-2019, 01:17 AM
His official name is... Gunner dog :p

OHH! Now we're playing with a fool deck of Aces!! Lol ;)
Thanks for that tid bit... So many names with so many guns!! :p

Maiden68
02-09-2019, 01:20 AM
Machine gun and saddle bags. Sorry, I forgot his official name

Eternity Eddie isn't crazy OP, but he is excellent for Brave New World bosses, and a couple other places

Is that the same one I have right!?!?

HK-47
02-09-2019, 01:21 AM
No worries, I'm always happy to help.
You don't have Eternity Eddie, but if you're lucky he'll drop in an eternal soul.

If you would like to have a maxed and sharded Phantom Eddie with Venom* and Immortality talismans as a trooper, send me a request at HK47-4404, I play almost every day, but don't always get through all my troopers. (Carriage Rider is close to the start so he should get used often)

*Venom talismans are excellent, and quite easy to get for blood fragments. I recommend you get a set with blood frags for a group attacker. They really elevated my game in Night City and PvP

Maiden68
02-09-2019, 01:35 AM
No worries, I'm always happy to help.
You don't have Eternity Eddie, but if you're lucky he'll drop in an eternal soul.

If you would like to have a maxed and sharded Phantom Eddie with Venom* and Immortality talismans as a trooper, send me a request at HK47-4404, I play almost every day, but don't always get through all my troopers. (Carriage Rider is close to the start so he should get used often)

*Venom talismans are excellent, and quite easy to get for blood fragments. I recommend you get a set with blood frags for a group attacker. They really elevated my game in Night City and PvP

Well with the lack of the proper toons and skill sets Nightmare city is out of my reach for now!! Unless I Trooper it, but even then my Groupies fall short
But you seem to already know that! ;) Added you just now!!!

HK-47
02-09-2019, 01:41 AM
Request confirmed.

Don't worry about Night City too much, I've been playing since December 2016 and don't get higher than Duelist 1 and Night City gave me a ton of trouble. It took some powerful and hard to get characters (Phantom, Horus and Minazuki) to finally clear it.

Just take things one step at a time and you'll get there eventually.

Maiden68
02-09-2019, 01:43 AM
Request confirmed.

Don't worry about Night City too much, I've been playing since December 2016 and don't get higher than Duelist 1 and Night City gave me a ton of trouble. It took some powerful and hard to get characters (Phantom, Horus and Minazuki) to finally clear it.

Just take things one step at a time and you'll there eventually.

So what are you recommending I use your trooper for? To clarify before I Good it up!??

HK-47
02-09-2019, 01:48 AM
He will definitely make Lord of Light easier. Any cosmos battles you haven't done will benefit from him too. He will probably help most with the special dungeons that periodically come, although I suspect you have other troopers that will as well.

Maiden68
02-09-2019, 02:09 AM
Yes I have all of those cosmos at "X"... And a few to go in the gardens and the rest... Well since I have made modifications with greater understanding of my characters some of those Have been easier, with the help of Troopers! Yours will be challenged Next!! ;)

Alvorada
02-09-2019, 05:19 PM
Yes I have all of those cosmos at "X"... And a few to go in the gardens and the rest... Well since I have made modifications with greater understanding of my characters some of those Have been easier, with the help of Troopers! Yours will be challenged Next!! ;)

Maiden68, send you a trooper request.

I have a pretty large team, feel free to choice who I will set as champion.

But I think Killer Prime (actual) will be very helpful.