PDA

View Full Version : The BNW promo scores thread

FlyingV
11-23-2016, 02:20 AM
Day 1:

Blew my handful rare souls on hand and got a PDK amidst the dupe trash. I lit off my first stack of reg souls and managed to score a corrupt droid. Second/final stack brought the usual vend trash. Despite the bad "2-pumpkin FotD fiasco" taste in my mouth, I blew what ironite I could on BNW souls, and got screwed on every one in the handful. Asking myself if I wanted to go double or nothing, I threw trooper badges to the wind on 3 G/A rare souls and the remainder on G/A reg souls.

Gunner Possessed Rockets, Assassin Golden Son (dupe), Gunner Dog on the rare and all trash on the regs.

PDK, GS, Rockets, Dog, & corrupt droid sounds like a pretty great Tuesday, but for the fact I am down 500 ironite, some 13k+ badges, and not one of the BNW souls worked out. Not sure how I'm feeling since this is the bulk of what I can throw towards the promo other than a few solid days worth of rewards.

How have you fared so far?

Sidney
11-23-2016, 03:04 AM
Day 1:

Blew my handful rare souls on hand and got a PDK amidst the dupe trash. I lit off my first stack of reg souls and managed to score a corrupt droid. Second/final stack brought the usual vend trash. Despite the bad "2-pumpkin FotD fiasco" taste in my mouth, I blew what ironite I could on BNW souls, and got screwed on every one in the handful. Asking myself if I wanted to go double or nothing, I threw trooper badges to the wind on 3 G/A rare souls and the remainder on G/A reg souls.

Gunner Possessed Rockets, Assassin Golden Son (dupe), Gunner Dog on the rare and all trash on the regs.

PDK, GS, Rockets, Dog, & corrupt droid sounds like a pretty great Tuesday, but for the fact I am down 500 ironite, some 13k+ badges, and not one of the BNW souls worked out. Not sure how I'm feeling since this is the bulk of what I can throw towards the promo other than a few solid days worth of rewards.

How have you fared so far?

Pulled a gunner soul in the dungeons and got yet another newborn of light. All of the normal souls I've cashed in have produced nothing but garbage but that is what I was expecting. I wish when the comment of "Produces a much better / higher chance of getting a new / rare character" is used that it actually gave you the % chance of how likely you are to attain that. Like... out of 100 rare souls you are 3% likely to get what you are looking for. If the chance is higher, and your likelihood of pulling the rare toon is .05% out of 100, I think people would not waste the ironite or hard to find rare souls. I've been reserving my trooper points for skill shards for a few months since I've been burned way too many times in the past... but when a new "Enhancement" comes along with new toons you want to experiment with... I always end up burning ironite and trooper points to see if it's worth it. I usually end up with something fun after spending a ton of resources but in the end it wasn't always worth it. However sometimes it pays off. Suppose this is like a slot machine but it takes longer to get the inventory to pull the handle... :D

RACCAR-8000
11-23-2016, 04:01 AM
2 gun/ass souls and 11 3 star souls got me 2 different droids. There ok I guess , at least there new . Got to play my friends undead space guy and he seamed solid . Got to play my friends space girl and she's awesome, I really want one . With Christmas presents and bills my money's tied up right now . I have 1,000 ironit to last me for along time . Do I blow it all right now and be all out ? I use 1 or 2 sands of time a day , because trooper points . Gamble for space girl or have lots of sands of time ? What should I do ??💀

Arcturus
11-23-2016, 05:28 AM
bought 10 BNW souls. A few OK pulls, mostly not so great. Did get an Assassin Undead Rescuer, who is pretty unimpressive. Maybe leveled up he's better, but he looks like zombie Buzz Lightyear as a colorguard. Plus his power ability is 25% chance to doom, which deals high damage (kills?) after 4 turns. I can't remember the last time a battle went past 2 turns, so that's not going to be very helpful.

I'll buy another 10 tomorrow looking for the gunner girl (Corrupt Rescuer). She looks awesome.

RACCAR-8000
11-23-2016, 07:42 AM
Well I blew all my ironit, 10 more special BNW souls . I dropped them all at once and I didn't get red eyes, so I started screaming out of frustration as I thought I wasted 900 more ironit , but then pops up lightning throwing cloud Eddie. I went from super pissed to so stoked in 3 seconds.

I kinda wanted the space girl more but I like this new Eddie, he's bad ass . Might be the best assassin Eddie. Got a kick out of his fury

So 1800 ironit = 20 BNW 3star souls + 2 3star ass/gun souls =
STORM Eddie and 2 weak ass droids

Was it worth it ???? It all depends on how much I like stormy and how rare he really is .

Patrice-1201
11-23-2016, 08:05 AM
I guess I was lucky, I pulled a Nomad, one more Mummy Eddie but Alo 2 Storm Eddies, a corrupt droid and a rescuer...

Kardas
11-23-2016, 08:51 AM
I spent 25 Magus Souls I had saved up in a desperate bid to finally get the Carriage Rider, but maybe also the 4* Corrupt Rescuer.

NOPE

Another Angel of Pain, another Speed of Light and 23 toons that went straight to the trash.

Sigh

I'll use one of my 99 common soul stacks tomorrow and see what I'll get.

vgta99
11-23-2016, 08:55 AM
2 stacks of 10 souls and many many Trash (4 undead soldier gunner, maybe it's sales for them today)!!!
But I finaly got 1 undead rescuer (Assassin) and 2 corrupt rescuer (Magus).
No Eddie, I haven't luck with Eddies...

BeachPlease
11-23-2016, 03:52 PM
I spent 25 Magus Souls I had saved up in a desperate bid to finally get the Carriage Rider, but maybe also the 4* Corrupt Rescuer.

NOPE

Another Angel of Pain, another Speed of Light and 23 toons that went straight to the trash.

Sigh

I'll use one of my 99 common soul stacks tomorrow and see what I'll get.

Don't use common souls! Save them for the daily challenges. You can't get anything better than a 3star char

Sidney
11-23-2016, 06:13 PM
bought 10 BNW souls. A few OK pulls, mostly not so great. Did get an Assassin Undead Rescuer, who is pretty unimpressive. Maybe leveled up he's better, but he looks like zombie Buzz Lightyear as a colorguard. Plus his power ability is 25% chance to doom, which deals high damage (kills?) after 4 turns. I can't remember the last time a battle went past 2 turns, so that's not going to be very helpful.

I'll buy another 10 tomorrow looking for the gunner girl (Corrupt Rescuer). She looks awesome.

LOL... Buzz Lightyear is exactly what I thought of when I saw that toon!!!

Esquatcho
11-23-2016, 10:16 PM
I threw 2 rare souls & 6 BNW souls at it:

Storm Eddie & a warrior newborn of light.

Cant complain!

The question is, do I spend ironite on BNW souls to try and get some of the other BNW chars?

Im thinking yes, but at the same time, I got the Eddie, so maybe I can save them up for the next release?

Kaijester
11-23-2016, 10:55 PM
FML, blew 2400 Ironites with all 3* nothing good...I'm out of Ironites for good.

hold
11-23-2016, 11:10 PM
FML, blew 2400 Ironites with all 3* nothing good...I'm out of Ironites for good.

Thanks for the heads up. I got just over 1000 but have Storm Eddie already ... so I won't put more ironite effort in this one ...

Dank Brew
11-23-2016, 11:59 PM
In my opinion, spending trooper badges on souls is just a horrible waste. You could be getting skill shards, which is a for sure thing, and also very helpful. But then again, I already have most of the chars i want, other than eddies. But thats all luck amazingly, considering everyone seems to have horrible luck lmao

PerthEddie
11-27-2016, 08:21 AM
Finally gave in and purchased a 10 pack of BNW souls. I got:

3* Storm Eddie (which is what I was after)
4* Sentinel Pyro Soldier (not sure if this guy is good or not?)
3* Gunner Corrupt Droid
3* Speed of Light Eddie (my 4th!! Sold it straight away)
The rest was the usual dupe/useless shite

Delighted I got SE but on the whole I am not sure if I wasted 900 Ironite or not?

Baba-8301
11-27-2016, 01:22 PM
2700 ironite (30 souls) expended.

2x Storm Eddie (3*)
1x warrior CotD (duplicate 5*)
1x soldier corrupt droid (3*)
1x assassin undead rescuer (3*)
25* junk (3*)

Definitely not what I was hoping for.

Kaijester
11-27-2016, 01:30 PM
2700 ironite (30 souls) expended.

2x Storm Eddie (3*)
1x warrior CotD (duplicate 5*)
1x soldier corrupt droid (3*)
1x assassin undead rescuer (3*)
25* junk (3*)

Definitely not what I was hoping for.

I bought some Ironites on Black Friday, and 2700 spent with no Storm Eddie and not even a single 4-5* character from BNW souls.

mikmar
11-27-2016, 02:19 PM
Bad luck for too many players !!
So I can't complain because from the 10 brave new world souls purchase with 900 (!!!!!) ironite I got 1 Storm Eddie and 1 warrior droid.
There are better BNW chars (maybe the gunner lady is the best), but now the new Eddie is mine :)

Aristo4
11-27-2016, 03:29 PM
Opened 12 BNW souls in total I think...got many dupes or uninteresting charactes like the green golden son....but 1 pull was the Death Dog, and its almost worth it for the dog alone :cool:

BeachPlease
11-27-2016, 05:55 PM
I got a Pharaoh Eddie, I almost cried when I saw him screaming in The Book Of Souls lol. It's such a shame that he got nerfed, and now his Invincibility lasts 2 turns. Anyway it was worth the 900 Ironite I think

FlyingV
11-28-2016, 02:07 AM
Absent some surprise soul drop, I am pretty much done with the event and have walked away with the following haul:

- Storm Eddie
- Gunner Corrupt Rescuer
- Warrior Corrupt Droid x2
- Gunner Corrupt Droid
- Sentinel Corrupt Droid
- The Prisoner
- Gunner CotD
- Gunner Possessed Rockets x3
- Gunner Dog x2

In short, it is quite an amazing haul... with a very distinct catch. I spent every resource I had... ironite, badges, and souls and only managed to walk away with a dog, rockets X2, and both warrior Droids. All the other stuff came from the luck of the draw, compliments of all the BNW souls I bought for $36.00 via the $29.99 and $5.99 deals. Even then, my "legendary soul" was the fucking pyro soldier. Meanwhile, 3* Owl cultists from BNW souls and undead Axis Soldiers from rare G/A souls pretty much summed the bulk of my experiences.

For those who miss Storm Eddie, I predict some of you will find him in a rare G/A soul eventually... perhaps in dupes.

Kaijester
11-28-2016, 07:36 AM
Good for you...spent 3000 Ironites with Zero 4* nor storm Eddie. I wish they will just reward me with Storm Eddie after spending so much...this sucks.

Fakos13
11-28-2016, 08:22 AM
Summary,
after 35 normal 3* souls, 9 gunner souls 3*, 30 bnw souls (3500 irons) i got the following

1 storm eddie
1 Cyborg Eddie
1 COTD gunner
3 Golden sons assasin
3 Undead Rescuers (2 assasin and 1 sentinel
1 Warrior Troll
1 Warrior Rocket Dog
2 Corrupt Rescuers (1 Gunner and 1 Magus)
2 Warrior Corrupt Droids
3 Axis Bombers (assasins)

All the others are toons already deleted.

A lot of work to do, started ofc with COTD.....

ShadowedLies
11-28-2016, 09:24 AM
From one 10 pack i got storm eddie, warrior droid and 8x duplicates (4 of which where from the pool of 10) Overall fairly so-so, but at least I got the new Eddie.

Esquatcho
11-28-2016, 09:34 AM
Wow, the disparity between the luckiest & least lucky is pretty large eh!?

hold
11-28-2016, 10:36 AM
After a few BNW souls I decided that they are not worth it. But my Storm Eddie was already hidden in the second soul. I did not pull any of the other characters either but I really don't need any of them.

I did a little gamble with normal 3* souls (4 of them) and my 3* GUN/ASS that I saved and bought 3* Warrior (2) and 3* Sentinel (2). I spent them in this order. The first sentinel sould gave me my first General. So I saved the other sentinel soul for the next event and am very happy about this pull. Has nothing to do with the event but still made my day ... :)

IceeeDz
11-28-2016, 11:56 AM
I bought the 10 BNW souls pack with Ironites and 2 Rare G/A with trooper points (I had 17.500 points, so it was perfect for 2 skill shards and 2 Rare G/A).

I got Artillery Dog, Assassin Golden Sun, second CR Eddie, Pharaoh Dog King, Assassin Corrupt Ox Cultist, Pharaoh Dog and Desert Marauder.

0 new chars. The only dupe char is CR Eddie, so I'm quite happy with the result, specially with Assassin Golden Sun.

Nicko
11-28-2016, 02:00 PM
Summary,
after 35 normal 3* souls, 9 gunner souls 3*, 30 bnw souls (3500 irons) i got the following

1 storm eddie
1 Cyborg Eddie
1 COTD gunner
3 Golden sons assasin
3 Undead Rescuers (2 assasin and 1 sentinel
1 Warrior Troll
1 Warrior Rocket Dog
2 Corrupt Rescuers (1 Gunner and 1 Magus)
2 Warrior Corrupt Droids
3 Axis Bombers (assasins)

All the others are toons already deleted.

A lot of work to do, started ofc with COTD.....

This is the most amazing haul I've ever seen...

Cyborg Eddie - Troll - Rocket Dog - Gunner COTD - Assassin GS - that's insane!!!

Congrats!

Kardas
11-28-2016, 03:38 PM
I spent most of last week grinding Battlefield Hard to get to 1800 Ironite, and I just dumped 20 BNW Souls. IMO, an incredibly divisive pull:

The bad and the dupes: 1 Speed of Light Eddie, 1 Warrior Soulless Demon, 2 Wickerdog Queens, 2 Harpies, 1 Desert Guardian, 1 Sentinel Allied Soldier, 1 Warrior Possessed Rockets, 3 Desert Warriors, 1 Rock Golem, 1 Warrior Golden Son, 1 Magus Newborn of Light, 1 Assassin Axis Soldier

The new: 1 Storm Eddie, 1 Assassin and 1 Sentinel Undead Rescuer

The WTF: I got F'in Visions Eddie. Yay???

The Undead Rescuers don't look too great, but I will level up Storm Eddie a bit. I hope to have Talismans ready for him by 2018

IceeeDz
11-28-2016, 04:13 PM
I spent most of last week grinding Battlefield Hard to get to 1800 Ironite

Wow, didn't know Battlefield Hard was the best place to drop Ironites. Boss level?

Kardas
11-28-2016, 04:15 PM
Well, it's mostly that AMOLAD Hard and Powerslave Madness are the hardest levels you can do at 4 SoT (which translates to more levels you can play per day, which translates to an increased chance of Ironite).

Only reason I did Battlefield and not KotS is because I accidentally sold a stack of 1* red evo runes last week and I want them back.

Ubajoa
11-28-2016, 08:02 PM
I opened 27 BNW souls and got this:

- Vampire hunter eddie
- Corrupt droid (gunner)
- 3 Undead rescuer (sentinel, assasin x2)
- 2 Newborn of light (gunner)
- A lot of trash 3*

Fakos13
11-29-2016, 11:14 AM
[QUOTE=Nicko;24791]This is the most amazing haul I've ever seen...

Cyborg Eddie - Troll - Rocket Dog - Gunner COTD - Assassin GS - that's insane!!!

Congrats![/QUOTe

Thanks a lot my friend

Arcturus
11-29-2016, 02:52 PM

Bought another 10 BNW souls a few days ago, and another 3-4 after that. Got the warrior & gunner droids, who look OK.

Then last night I went for 1 more BNW soul (nearly exhausting my ironite supply) and pulled... GUNNER CORRUPT RESCUER! Pretty excited. I had all but given up hope on her. Now to find the best talismans for her.