PDA

View Full Version : An Everyday Player's Suggestions

SamFisher3000
11-24-2016, 01:27 PM
First I'd like to thank all developers for their great and tireless work on this awesome game!
As someone who plays everyday since its release I'd like to add my ideas:

Daily Rewards
Please increase the daily login rewards from 24 to 30. February will be a problem, but sure you will figure it out.
Consider adding skill shard, trooper badges, class rare souls, legendary soul (not going to happen I know).
Increase the gold amount in the daily achievement rewards, because it's too low for high ranked players. 10x would be nice, but too much for new players. Implementing player rank based gold rewards could be a lot of work, but worth considering.

PvP

Please don't force this on us!
Avoid Pvp only rewards!
Add leaderboard, gold rewards, even ironite but don't make Trooper Eddie or others only acquirable playing in the arena!

Sacrifice

Communicate more before releasing new content. Please state what you are going to add and how will it work. Players would be able to comment before it's release, so you could have feedback in time!
Everyone is waiting this function like a messiah, but we know nothing about it other than it's coming soon. I'm queuing 13 Mummy Eddies and 10 Speed of Light Eddies for sacrifice and want to be sure it's going to worth it.
Sacrificing 3 five star Eddies for a Rainmaker Eddie for example could be nice.

Souls

Lower Sentinel Soulless Demon and Pharao Dog from 4 stars to 3 stars. They are ruining legendary souls for a lot of people.
Decrease the Gunner/Assassin Rare Souls trooper badges price to 2500.
After the Brave New World event, modify the BNW Soul to have increased drop rates on every 4 and 5 stars from every class and make it available for 3750 trooper badges. It could be better than rare souls but still not a legendary.
Consider adding Eddie Soul Fragment for 10k badges or more. It could summon a guaranteed Eddie. All Eddies should be available for all. - Or:
Give all Eddies as achievement rewards like the Grim Reaper. - Or:
Make all upcoming Eddies 3 stars only so they will be easier to get.
Remove Soldier and Wickerman Eddies from souls. They are available through the story.

Store

I live in Hungary and these store prices for me are insane! All of them should get a 50% cut!
At least have some huge sales sometimes, not just the more ironite for the same price thing...
In Hungary I can buy The Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 together with all their DLC cheaper than a Legendary Boundle...

Events
Halloween, Bonfire, Thanksgiving...great! Keep it up and have some frequently. At least one in every month. For 3 days increased drop rates on all high level Magus chars, etc.

General

Need player ranks higher than 100. We loved the free refills!
We need more skill shards!

Feel free to add and comment!

scott-5496
11-24-2016, 02:08 PM
A great list of wants there. I agree with them mostly and would love to see even 10% of them implemented!

Nearly at 100 myself and I know I will miss the SoT refills!

Cheers

blade685
11-24-2016, 02:13 PM
we need an option to change character shard to talismans shard, it's the priority!
all new players are stuck because of this

ReDDy4EddY
11-24-2016, 03:31 PM
Please give some incentive for us to use all 50 Troopers, I know badges are cool but something else perhaps!
Maybe add it as an achievement to use all troopers in one day a certain number of times per week or month

Could also add special events of double trooper points over a weekend when nothing else is happening

Kardas
11-24-2016, 04:04 PM
Well, let's take a look:
Daily Rewards
1. I'm happy either way
2. Would be cool I guess. Doubt it'll happen though
3. Is this really that necessary? Because endgame players get a ton of gold from all the secret locations

PVP
Basically a big fat yes to everything here

Sacrifce
I pretty much agree, but then again, not much has been revealed on it. I would hope that there's a bit of a reward for levelling up dupe Gunner/Assassins and then getting Rare GA souls back from them. Or I'll feel bad with my 3 Gunner Rockets.

Souls
1. Really? Sentinel Demon is quite good. Pharaoh Dog might appreciate an offensive buff though. Surprised you're not mentioning other potential letdowns like the Corrupt Harpy or the Sentinel Pyro.
2-6. Agreed. Doubt they'll do that with the BNW Souls though.
7. You forgot Holy Smoke/Regular Ed. They do have a niche purpose though: to give Campaign Eddies back to people who accidentally sold them. Plus, their droprates are quite low IIRC (I know people with multiple Carriage Riders, but how many people do you know with dupe Wicker Man Eds?). Plus Sacrifice will fix this.

Store
I suppose.

General
1. Honestly, I really don't mind the lack of SoT refills. No more jockeying so you get the most out of your refill for instance. Plus, I think this also gives newbies a chance to catch up with the veterans.
2. Haha, wouldn't that be nice.

About the using 50 Troopers thing: that will stink for the people afflicted by bugs and crashes. A double Trooper points event sounds rad though.

eddiejose
11-24-2016, 04:33 PM
(I know people with multiple Carriage Riders, but how many people do you know with dupe Wicker Man Eds?)

I must be the unluckiest person ever, cause I have 2 Wicker Man Eddies but still no Carriage Rider... :(

SamFisher3000
11-24-2016, 04:36 PM
Souls
1. Really? Sentinel Demon is quite good. Pharaoh Dog might appreciate an offensive buff though. Surprised you're not mentioning other potential letdowns like the Corrupt Harpy or the Sentinel Pyro.
7. You forgot Holy Smoke/Regular Ed. They do have a niche purpose though: to give Campaign Eddies back to people who accidentally sold them. Plus, their droprates are quite low IIRC (I know people with multiple Carriage Riders, but how many people do you know with dupe Wicker Man Eds?). Plus Sacrifice will fix this.

About the using 50 Troopers thing: that will stink for the people afflicted by bugs and crashes. A double Trooper points event sounds rad though.

Regarding the sentinel demon and the pharao dog...I know they can be good but I already sold around 4 demons and 4 pharao dogs before Sacrifice was announced and still have 4 demons and 3 or 4 pharao dogs now lining up for sacrifice. It's kind of a let down when you open your ultra rare legendary soul and summon one of them. Spent around 30 Sentinel Rares and close to 100 regular Rares in hope of a FOTD Ed and a Pharaoh ED but no luck. Just demons.
You are right! We should add your mentioned chars to the list as well.
Since the campaign I only had one 4 star Wicker Man Ed spawning so at least its not frequent. But for my first and only CR I had to wait and try for months.

A double trooper badges event would be awesome!

Browno
11-24-2016, 06:35 PM
I have played since 4 months back or something like that, and god knows how many souls i have used and still no CR eddie. Got lots of dupes on other chars that i have sold too. It is a gamble getting the chars you want, and i have my hope up everytime i use a soul. Thats what make it interesting.
I even sold 5 skillshards at the beginning for some gold, but we make mistakes and learn from them.

Saigrim
12-10-2016, 04:22 PM
Agree completely with the OP's views on PVP. The first time they make a particular Eddie available only through PVP, I'm done.

BillLion
12-12-2016, 01:20 PM
Agree completely with the OP's views on PVP. The first time they make a particular Eddie available only through PVP, I'm done.

They need to make PVP worth players' time, thus exclusive new characters (including Eddie) will likely be part of the deal. However, usually many of these new characters in other games become available through other means down the line. I'd imagine something like that. But they need to incentivize PVP so exclusive rewards is the way to do it.

satani
12-12-2016, 01:56 PM
well, i agree with some points.

Lowering the G/A-Soul to 2500 would be great. At the BNW Event I rather spent loads of points for 125 G/A-souls to get storm eddie than a 3750 dupe.
Sacrifice ... yeah, I'm heavily waiting for it ... time do dump my dupe eddies.

Open the City of Night world or at least the BNW dungeon to play something new for us endgame players. I loathing ironites and have nothing to spent them on, as the only "good" character missing for me is Assassin Pyro soldier, so maybe even a G/A-Soul for Ironites would be fine.

Level ups/SoT refills beyond LV 100! At this rate it's only possible for me to get through all 50 troopers by playing 4 or 5 SoT matches and wait out the refill. When i'm playing LoL, i'm now depending on spending SoT refills. Another alternative would be: watch a 20-30 second advertisement video to get a random amount of ironites/sot/trooper badges, like twice a day? (this principle works in many free to play games)

An "Eddie"-only soul would be nice, too. Yet the only "good" eddie i'm missing is pharaoh and i only need one on Lightbringer Madness, as nothing new is available.

(By Endgame, i mean my first account, not the samurai-account below in signature)

slauki
12-12-2016, 05:04 PM
Really good suggestions, i hope the devs will implement some of them.

An perfects daily quest would be to use 45 troopers and get some additional badges as reward.
More than 5 crashes a day are very unlikely so we can be sure that everyone can clear this quest.

Reeb99
12-12-2016, 05:57 PM
I've been leveling up my dupe Eddies to level 80 in anticipation that higher star and level sacrifices will yield better chances. I'm thinking there was a hint somewhere along the line that it would, but I haven't been able to remember where. Eddies are the easiest to level since you can drag them along in the back. All the other dupes I've been trashing, but that isn't any 5* as I've only ever pulled one of them. A few 4* dupes got the axe, but I kept (and leveled) a dupe green soulless demon to level 100.