PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on who to evolve to 5*

LegoMech
11-27-2016, 08:58 PM
Hi Everyone,

I could use some advice on who to evolve to 5* next. I have enough to promote one Magus and one Sentinel. Here is some background first:

I currently only have four 5* characters - Soldier Eddie, Visions Eddie, Fear of the Dark Eddie, and The Nomad. Because of this, I need at least one of the promotions to be another non-Eddie so I can field a full 5* team. Currently I use a 4* Red Rocket Dog for that spot. I have many maxed out talismans but have not been able to beat Underworld Hard yet.

Sentinel choices:
Allied Bomber Boy
Soulless Demon (already maxed on skills as he was my first 4*)
Golden Son
Newborn of Light
Haunted Pumpkin
Allied Soldier
Undead Allied Soldier
Angel of Strife
Mummy Eddie

Magus choices:
Allied Soldier
Haunted Pumpkin
Masked Harpy
Newborn of Light
Pharaoh Dog
Angel of Pain
Wickerdog Queen
Speed of Light Eddie
Wicker Man Eddie

Also, any insight into why you suggest one over another would really help. Thanks!

hold
11-27-2016, 09:08 PM
Hi Everyone,

I could use some advice on who to evolve to 5* next...

Also, any insight into why you suggest one over another would really help. Thanks!

The blue allied soldier with his shield is a winner for hard levels. But shields are buggy right now.

The shield of the Green Golden Son and his 25% more healing will also be a great support. He does not hit as hard as the soldier but can heal the whole party on perfect attacks. Again shields are buggy right now.

If you can't beat underworld hard I'd go for a defensive strategy or a protector.

Or the combination blue soldier and green demon. One for protection and the other one a hard hitting tank. Especially if your skills are maxed. I think I would do this.

Bobo
11-27-2016, 09:45 PM
If you have the Soulless Demon already maxed out skill-wise, it seems only logical to upgrade him. I can vouch for it being pretty damn impressive!

Reeb99
11-27-2016, 10:27 PM
Sentinel soulless demon and Speed of Light Eddie would be my choices. SoL Eddie is great in some of the LoL levels due to his heal and utility skills.

The Educated fool
11-27-2016, 10:35 PM
If you have the Soulless Demon already maxed out skill-wise, it seems only logical to upgrade him. I can vouch for it being pretty damn impressive!

100% agree with Bobo. Sentinel Soulless Demon is, arguably, the best Sentinel hitter in the game, in my opinion... you can't go wrong, levelling him, especially if he's already all sharded up.

As for your Magus... with your team, I'd say the Allied Soldier is probably the one I'd level first... he's a solid character, and hopefully his shielding issues will pass soon. :cool:

If you need healing though, Pharaoh Dog is a fine option too, I've often heard it said hereabouts (never used him much myself)... so it depends what you want to focus on.

konstifik
11-27-2016, 10:47 PM
What Talismans do you have on Soldier Eddie and The Nomad (and Rocket Dog)? Those are characters that should get you through if you have the right build.

Anyway, from your choices, I would go with Sentinel Soulless Demon and Angel of Pain.

Also, start pumping skill shards into your Nomad.

LegoMech
11-27-2016, 11:54 PM
Thank you all for the quick responses!

Based on your feedback, I will upgrade the Sentiel Soulless Demon. He was a staple for me for many months because I had maxed Blind talismans on him and Blind + Taunt was a killer combo, but then Blind got nerfed. I'll give it another shot and see how it goes though. Any alternate recommendations for Talismans for him?

I'll leave the Magus upgrade up in the air for now until I get some more opinions.

For those who asked, here's my current setup:

Nomand Level 100

Skills:
All maxed

Talismans:
2x Health (Overwhelming) at Lvl 50
2x Strength (Safeguard) at Lvl 50
2x Guardian (Fierce) at Lvl 40

The plan is to replace the Guardian talismans with Strength (Fierce) Talismans once I collect and upgrade enough of them.

Soldier Eddie Level 100

Skills:
Barrage (normal attack) maxed
Bullet Trace 3
War-Torn 3
Acrid Smoke 5

Talismans:
Strength (Fierce) at Lvl 50
Strength (Safeguard) at Lvl 50
Guardian (Fierce) at Lvl 50
Guardian (Safeguard) at Lvl 50
2x Boost (Will) at Lvl 50

Again, I foolishly dumped all my Strength talismans early and am slowly building back up, so I'll switch the Guardian to Stength as soon as I can. Also, I stopped spending skill shards after Barrage was maxed, especially since his Fury move seems to be nerfed now. He hits like a truck with Barrage so I'm pretty happy.

Rocket Dog Level 80

Skills:
I haven't spent any shards here

Talismans:
1x Health (Overwhelming) at Lvl 50
1x Strength (Safeguard) at Lvl 50
1x Strength (Fierce) at Lvl 50
2x Strength (Fierce) at Lvl 40

I left the Strength Talismans on the dog because Guardian instead of Fiece on Eddie is only a 6 point loss on the bonus but is 13 points on the dog. Nit-picky, I know.

Thanks again everyone! This community is awesome!

Reeb99
11-28-2016, 01:30 AM
I use blind + energy sets on my green soulless demons. Also on my soldier Eddie, I went with a guardian set + boost / will set + 1 random red + 1 random yellow talisman. The difference between guardian and strength sets is very small on soldier Eddie. The extra yellow helps with health and power / fury attacks. Something to think about so you could use the strength set on the Nomad.

I don't know how you keep your rocket dog alive with only 1 health talisman. Before I evolved mine to 5*, I used a blind set because he died too much with only 2 health talismans.. At level 100 two health talismans are plenty though.

LegoMech
11-28-2016, 03:13 AM
I use blind + energy sets on my green soulless demons. Also on my soldier Eddie, I went with a guardian set + boost / will set + 1 random red + 1 random yellow talisman. The difference between guardian and strength sets is very small on soldier Eddie. The extra yellow helps with health and power / fury attacks. Something to think about so you could use the strength set on the Nomad.

I don't know how you keep your rocket dog alive with only 1 health talisman. Before I evolved mine to 5*, I used a blind set because he died too much with only 2 health talismans.. At level 100 two health talismans are plenty though.

That's funny, before I read this I wound up putting blind + energy on my green demon - great minds and all that!

My plan for the rocket dog is to kill everyone before he gets hit. If I don't wipe out a wave normally he survives on a sliver of health and I use him first for the next attack, he heals almost to full thanks to his passive, and he heals the rest when I progress to the next wave. Guess I've just been lucky so far, although I've definitely hit the wall near the end of Underworld Hard.

Esquatcho
11-28-2016, 03:25 AM
Add me to the sentinel souless demon + blue allied soldier supporters. The blue allied soldier got me all the way through the game - 3xblind + 3xfreezing. Chance at power up, chance at disabling opposition on perfects, shield if you hit a rough patch and need the 50% damage reduction + hits damn hard with maxed talismans! Yes he is a bit bland as everyone has him, but everyone has him because he is so useful and available for all new players!

konstifik
11-28-2016, 08:28 AM
You shouldn't need two health talismans on The Nomad. Just use one on the mandatory green spot and replace the other with a random red talisman. You could put it on your Rocket Dog if needed.

While you don't have any shield ability, you do have The Nomad who can give vanish to the team with his power ability (Mirage). Remember that Soldier Eddie can gain fury with two different moves, helping The Nomad to do Mirage more often.

A good way to get forward is to try to get some good troopers to pull out when you find a level too hard. Go for characters like Warrior Troll, Warrior Golden Son, Assassin Golden Son, Alliance General, Angel of Fear and Corrupt General. If you use troopers to get forward, you can focus your resources on upgrading the characters you already have.

I have a Soldier Eddie with the same talisman setup as you, and a team with him, my Nomad and a Rocked Dog from my troopers can easily autofarm Game of Death on Madness.

Vertax616
11-28-2016, 08:56 AM
You shouldn't need two health talismans on The Nomad. Just use one on the mandatory green spot and replace the other with a random red talisman. You could put it on your Rocket Dog if needed.

While you don't have any shield ability, you do have The Nomad who can give vanish to the team with his power ability (Mirage). Remember that Soldier Eddie can gain fury with two different moves, helping The Nomad to do Mirage more often.

I agree, The Nomad is one of the best allies in the game, with maxed skills the chance for vanish from Mirage increases a lot. This was also my tactic for most of the time.

LegoMech
11-30-2016, 05:19 AM
You guys are good luck! So I took the majority advice and evolved my Blue Allied Soldier - I leveled him to 100 and maxed his Skills but I'm still working on upgrading his talismans.

I was also able to sweep through Madness Hard and get all the stars on every board until the Beast, where I still get my butt kicked.

Then I got on a lucky tear on LOL Warrior VII and suddenly had enough materials to evolve my Rocket Dog to 5* too. Then got lucky with Strength Talisman drops so I have the talismans I need for him, just need to level them. Is it worth maxing his skills? That's a lot of shards to buy.

So lots of progress, and I wanted to thank everyone.

Reeb99
11-30-2016, 11:37 AM
I haven't bothered with skill shards on rocket dog after the very first one I used went into the power move. With high level talismans, he's plenty good enough in my opinion.