PDA

View Full Version : question about the time rift?

floki
11-29-2016, 04:09 PM
is it normal that i never get any 3* evo sharts anymore in time rift X? i played it 5 times today and it dropped 1* evo sharts, and some regular shards, is it pure RNG? because my brother told me they drop frop time rift 7-10, but i never got any, only upon completing it the first time, so how does it work?

satani
11-29-2016, 04:28 PM
is it normal that i never get any 3* evo sharts anymore in time rift X? i played it 5 times today and it dropped 1* evo sharts, and some regular shards, is it pure RNG? because my brother told me they drop frop time rift 7-10, but i never got any, only upon completing it the first time, so how does it work?

well, they drop on LOL 7-10.
I only play 7, but it's 1 out of 10-12 matches in a row, you get a 3* colored. Quitting the game resets the counter. So if you play 5x8 matches (80 SoT on LoL 10), with quitting the game each time, you'll never receive any shard, as it's 2-4 matches too less. You got to play more matches either using SoT refill or hope for rank level up. (which is sad. that there is no SoT refill/rank level up beyond 100, so if you're lv 100 and want a certain amound of 3* shards, you're doomed to spend SoT refills.)

Yesterday i played 4x12 matches straight (using SoT reload) and got me 4 3* purple shards on LoL 7. On level 8-9, the drop rate is the same. Today i played LoL 8 red and scored my 1 missing 3* at 3rd round. I counted before and after the BNW update and the drop rate stays 1/10-12 on constant play, which requires either a lot of ironite for SoT refills or time to pass, as you can't quit the game.

Arcturus
11-29-2016, 05:02 PM
well, they drop on LOL 7-10. This is true. Drop rates are just really low, and RNG is a pain.

I only play 7, but it's 1 out of 10-12 matches in a row, you get a 3* colored. Quitting the game resets the counter. So if you play 5x8 matches (80 SoT on LoL 10), with quitting the game each time, you'll never receive any shard, as it's 2-4 matches too less. You got to play more matches either using SoT refill or hope for rank level up. (which is sad. that there is no SoT refill/rank level up beyond 100, so if you're lv 100 and want a certain amound of 3* shards, you're doomed to spend SoT refills.)

Yesterday i played 4x12 matches straight (using SoT reload) and got me 4 3* purple shards on LoL 7. On level 8-9, the drop rate is the same. Today i played LoL 8 red and scored my 1 missing 3* at 3rd round. I counted before and after the BNW update and the drop rate stays 1/10-12 on constant play, which requires either a lot of ironite for SoT refills or time to pass, as you can't quit the game.
I don't believe this. It's all just RNG. Drop rate on X should be better than VII, but honestly it's hard to tell through all the RNG noise.

scott-5496
11-29-2016, 08:54 PM
Not sure on numbers of hits but it really varies for me. I usually do LOL 10 and I tend to get 3-4 3* coloured every 1 or 2 SOT refills. For me it is less on none and eight etc. I do get the odd day where I get more - the other day I did get 8-9 red 3* after maybe 2 and half refills which is great but unusual.

Witkacy
11-29-2016, 09:16 PM

Floki :)

First of all - you play not enough... Five times is nothing - you have to use at least one 80 SoTs unit.. The more you play, the more you HAVE CHANCE to get what you want...

Second - try the highest level possible - at X you'll get them pretty sooner, than VII, or VII...

Today... I waited for the time has been refilled and bought 3x more SoT refills - 320 in total - so I could play 40 times - but... I didn't... I needed 3x 3* red evos and got them within 10 rounds... But I played X level all the time...

Sure thing its RNG - one time you can get more, some other day less, but you gotta help the RNG - the more you play, the better - and under any circumstances DON'T QUIT as if you do - you'll break the string and if you start all over - the counting will begin all over as well...

Hope that help you,

Cheers,

W

Kaijester
11-29-2016, 09:46 PM
In short, you need to grind!

FlyingV
11-29-2016, 10:41 PM
Evo Sharts FTW, rofl.

I was farming assassin LOL. Not a single 3* evo from my SoT segment... I needed 3 to max a character and burned through 60+ SoT. Then 2 dropped in rapid succession, and a 3rd shortly after an Ironite recharge. It can be brutal at times, hence the term "grind"

Esquatcho
11-29-2016, 10:50 PM
Everyone is complaining about the upgrade runes. 3* coloured evo shards are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay worse. You've got to grind at least 3-10 SoT on each colour to get enough to upgrade a char. Plus you only get one chop at a colour each week. Depending on how much you play, that can be a few weeks to over a month just to upgrade 1 character!

But as Kaijester said, you've just gotta grind!

Also, I would love for a study on the relative drop rates between LoL7 and 10. Purely anecdotal, but I too feel that there isnt really much of a drop-rate difference.... Yet I still grind level x in the hope there actually is one! lol

ShadowedLies
11-30-2016, 12:12 AM
It honestly just seems like pure luck. Ran a full SoT refill and got no 3*. A seperate time i ran level 7 3 times and got a 3* each time. It is somewhat maddening!

ShadowedLies
11-30-2016, 10:50 AM
Everyone is complaining about the upgrade runes. 3* coloured evo shards are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay worse. You've got to grind at least 3-10 SoT on each colour to get enough to upgrade a char. Plus you only get one chop at a colour each week. Depending on how much you play, that can be a few weeks to over a month just to upgrade 1 character!

But as Kaijester said, you've just gotta grind!

Also, I would love for a study on the relative drop rates between LoL7 and 10. Purely anecdotal, but I too feel that there isnt really much of a drop-rate difference.... Yet I still grind level x in the hope there actually is one! lol

I would be very curious to see this as well. Been through 2 SoT refills so far trying to get 3* blues and have managed to get 3 2*s and that is it. I've been grinding LoL 8 as i cannot successfully do 9 or 10.

Lexovic-1969
11-30-2016, 11:40 AM
This is true. Drop rates are just really low, and RNG is a pain.

I don't believe this. It's all just RNG. Drop rate on X should be better than VII, but honestly it's hard to tell through all the RNG noise.

Call it dumb luck but I got 2 3* blue ones today on LOL X in 5 games

floki
11-30-2016, 03:21 PM
Floki :)

First of all - you play not enough... Five times is nothing - you have to use at least one 80 SoTs unit.. The more you play, the more you HAVE CHANCE to get what you want...

Second - try the highest level possible - at X you'll get them pretty sooner, than VII, or VII...

Today... I waited for the time has been refilled and bought 3x more SoT refills - 320 in total - so I could play 40 times - but... I didn't... I needed 3x 3* red evos and got them within 10 rounds... But I played X level all the time...

Sure thing its RNG - one time you can get more, some other day less, but you gotta help the RNG - the more you play, the better - and under any circumstances DON'T QUIT as if you do - you'll break the string and if you start all over - the counting will begin all over as well...

Hope that help you,

Cheers,

W

thanksyou! very helpfull :)