PDA

View Full Version : Enough with the in your face advertising

Rayray131
11-30-2016, 01:32 AM
Now I sure as hell won't buy the special. I don't need to see it every time I change worlds. This is B.S.

propagandy
11-30-2016, 04:18 AM
For once a complaint I can get behind. I've been spending money as it is, the bombardment of adverts constantly won't make me spend more. Thats for sure.... Unless the next offer is a pack that includes removing the ads of course ;)

Nicko
11-30-2016, 06:07 AM
I only see the ads when I log in - that's it. Never bothered me at all

Are you guys seeing something more than that? Every time you switch worlds?

propagandy
11-30-2016, 12:22 PM
Every flippin time. When I log in, and between worlds. First the starter pack, then legendary soul. I've been playing since the game's release so it's even more strange!

Nicko
11-30-2016, 12:37 PM
Interesting. Mine advertises the promo while loading - which I don't mind at all - -and then that's it. Nothing between worlds. I could see how seeing that every time would get annoying

Wonder if that's a glitch on your end or whether I'm just lucky?

BillLion
11-30-2016, 12:45 PM
I only get ads upon login as well.

Maybe this "feature" came with the latest tuning update? Can you guys getting bombarded with ads confirm if you're on Android? If so that might be it. Or maybe those of us on iOS will notice an ad uptick since the update hit the app store this AM.

propagandy
11-30-2016, 01:03 PM
Yeah it's super weird. I typically play on my iPhone which is where the "issue" is occurring. I hadn't really thought about it being an os issue, but since you mentioned it I logged in on my android tablet and am having the same thing happen. I guess if it isn't a wide spread issue I'll submit a ticket with support.

Kaijester
11-30-2016, 01:06 PM
I'm running Android and I also get the ad popping everytime I'm at the cosmo screen.

BillLion
11-30-2016, 01:10 PM
I'm running Android and I also get the ad popping everytime I'm at the cosmo screen.

Must be because you're a newer player ;)

But it's strange -I'm on iOS and I'm not getting hit by ads. Maybe they need to adjust the ad tuning rate.

But seriously, the best way to get players spending is some new content not more aggressive ads...thus must know this.

slauki
11-30-2016, 03:12 PM
got the same problem on 2 of my 3 emulators, only bluestacks doesn't have this issue.everytime when i reinstall the game this occours and it's really annoying...

Rayray131
11-30-2016, 10:41 PM
Android on my end.

Deathryte
12-01-2016, 12:39 PM
I had it this morning on iOS every time I went to main cosmo screen it would bring up daily reward and trooper point notice as well. Afternoon thankfully was gone. I'm also in the low 80's in level.

Kardas
12-01-2016, 12:49 PM
I had both that, the Daily Rewards screen and the Trooper points message pop up repeatedly every time I went back to the Cosmos when I started up the game today. Once I restarted it though, everything disappeared.

Must be a new bug.

Sparton_LOTB
12-01-2016, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the details about this bug guys.

There does seem to be a new issue where popups you'd normally see only once per session (Daily Rewards, Trooper Points, and Starter/Legendary Packs) are triggering every time you reach the cosmos instead of just the first time per day.

As a temporary work around, you can force close the app and relaunch and it'll stop bothering you (unless you get more trooper points, in which case you can force close and relaunch again). Because this can easily frustrate everyone, we've prioritized fixing this for the next store update we release.

EDIT: Although... that work around might not work for the Starter/Legendary packs.

ill
12-03-2016, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the details about this bug guys.

There does seem to be a new issue where popups you'd normally see only once per session (Daily Rewards, Trooper Points, and Starter/Legendary Packs) are triggering every time you reach the cosmos instead of just the first time per day.

As a temporary work around, you can force close the app and relaunch and it'll stop bothering you (unless you get more trooper points, in which case you can force close and relaunch again). Because this can easily frustrate everyone, we've prioritized fixing this for the next store update we release.

EDIT: Although... that work around might not work for the Starter/Legendary packs.

Thanks for the work around. I didn't get the packs but do have the rewards and trooper points reoccurring. Other than the bug, I'm happy at how few ads there are.