PDA

View Full Version : Death Mark vs...

mjmxiii
11-30-2016, 11:05 PM
This skill makes everything all right.... Using it in conjunction with a "Perfect" strike from your Golden Son is usually a direct hit that sinks most battleships regardless of HP level or anything for that matter. About the only thing that stops it is the Golden Son's 'Endure'... What helps it is maxing out your Golden Son's skill level (5 skill shards). This would have been very useful knowledge for me in my early days of LOTB as you can get past the highest level dungeons with ease. You do have to reach a certain part of the game to begin having a chance to get the Death Mark Talisman and then get 3 of them... and then be lucky enough to summon a Golden Son or find a Trooper willing to accept your request and blah blah blah.. It works best with critical strike chars so try different combos. I set my death mark with a Corrupt Rescuer and trigger it with a Golden Son in LoLX. With some luck (and chars that drain or create power) you get this done in one turn most times. The trick is getting that 7th Power point needed to set up Death Mark asap! Having a really strong backup striker is a must! I have Troll as mine (yeah I know...lucky!). The Lord of light is gone and Death Mark took him out!! Anyway, I got a cool shot of it and thought I would share...
Stay True \m/

compurocker
11-30-2016, 11:26 PM
I haven't tried it since marks were fixed, but before marks got broken I was using this technique to steamroll through levels. Used Soldier Eddie to power up, launch death mark, and hit with GS. If I was lucky, Eddie would pull an extra turn to power up some more.

I started playing with power talismans right around the time marks broke. I was wondering if I could have two assassin GS, both with death mark and power talismans sets, so either could launch the marks or deal the death blow. Will have to revisit that idea now.

Esquatcho
11-30-2016, 11:44 PM
Hmmm, I use AoF with golden son to get two rounds of damage in - usually clears everything.

But maybe my next assassin upgrade should be the bomber boy - He does AoE marking with a 60% chance when basic skill is maxed out with shards...

CanyptianFit
12-04-2016, 12:23 AM
Wow. Just tried this with my gunner COTD with the Death Marks ( 3 DM talismans were level 2 and 3, barely upgraded them.) and the Assassin Golden Son.

Damn! This is why this game rocks. Totally new way to Demolish at higher levels. The damage was like 30k or more per person? Guessing as the damage spewed so fast.

Thanks for the tip.

CanyptianFit
12-04-2016, 11:41 AM
Also works with Red Golden Son. None of my sons have any skill shards and my talismans are level 42 - 44 on both , so not maxed.

mjmxiii
12-04-2016, 12:36 PM
Hey Esquatcho does AoF have a basic skill thats similar to death mark or is yours just really powerful? I don't have that char yet so I'm a bit unfamiliar... I am still trying to figure out the difference between critical strike and true damage attacks as both can be very devastating with the DM. I have found quite a few chars that can survive the DM attack like groups of trolls, angels and pryo soldiers btw so once pvp comes around it won't be the only move you need. If you have a debuff char like FotD Ed it works to block or remove beneficial effects first and then work towards the big move.

Reeb99
12-04-2016, 01:11 PM
Hey Esquatcho does AoF have a basic skill thats similar to death mark or is yours just really powerful? I don't have that char yet so I'm a bit unfamiliar... I am still trying to figure out the difference between critical strike and true damage attacks as both can be very devastating with the DM. I have found quite a few chars that can survive the DM attack like groups of trolls, angels and pryo soldiers btw so once pvp comes around it won't be the only move you need. If you have a debuff char like FotD Ed it works to block or remove beneficial effects first and then work towards the big move.

The AoF has a passive that grants an extra turn to the whole team when you get the first kill. It also does high single target true damage (scales with enemy health and is multiple hits) that will likely take out any opponent under 60% health. That makes it easy to get that extra turn. So yeah, it's just a really powerful character.

So in that scenario you could potentially put the death mark set on the Assassin GS and trigger it with the same character after getting the extra turn. I might have to try this myself, except I'm using vampiric set on my A-GS.

mjmxiii
12-04-2016, 05:57 PM
Oh okay Reeb, thanks for the heads up. I was aware of the extra turn on kills but thought I might have missed something when looking at his skill set. Seems like getting that 7th power point is still the hard part. All these great characters though... leave me wanting more!

I use vampirics on my AGS too btw, as they help with his god-awful defensive stats.

Esquatcho
12-06-2016, 04:59 AM
Oh okay Reeb, thanks for the heads up. I was aware of the extra turn on kills but thought I might have missed something when looking at his skill set. Seems like getting that 7th power point is still the hard part. All these great characters though... leave me wanting more!

I use vampirics on my AGS too btw, as they help with his god-awful defensive stats.

Thanks for answering for me Reeb :)

And yeah, my comment was more that with the AoF my golden son gets double damage in the 1st round anyway. But Reebs comment about using deathmark & then AoF is an interesting concept. I just hate how deathmark uses 6 power.

I reckon a combo in LoL of AoF + Assassin Bomber Boy (for marks) or maybe harpy + Assassing Golden Son - That'd do unbelievable amounts of damage in the 1st round!

mjmxiii
12-06-2016, 07:02 AM
Looking foward to the day this AoF toon drops for me.