PDA

View Full Version : Trooper Preferance

Sidney
12-02-2016, 02:20 PM
When I started playing the game many months ago when it was released, I didn't really understand much about the strategy and even still today I learn more from reading this forum. In order for me to get the 3 skulls on all levels I had to rely heavily on my troopers and having some AGs at the ready made it so much easier. (Still don't have one of my own... but that's a different story)

My question is who to mark as "Your" trooper? I can pretty much auto-farm what I want and love it when my troopers are Eddies. Makes it so much easier since I can just take them along for the ride and my grinding team can just do the work and I don't have to remember or guess how much the trooper toon is built out. You win... I win... so trooper points all around. When I have to use a non-eddie I tend to have to step back a few levels in order to use them since I don't want a defeat while I farm.

With some of my troopers being new and some being veterans from day 1 I was just curious what you prefer to use as a trooper. With an Eddie, you can just move on as business as usual but with the allies you really don't know how it will effect your game. It's fun to try out a trooper of a toon that you are thinking of upgrading just to get a feel, but at the same time, you only need to do it once or twice to make the decision.

So what does everyone prefer? I see benefits on either side, but in the end the mob rules... :-)

Esquatcho
12-03-2016, 08:32 AM
I like helping out weaker players, but in those instances I really do prefer an Eddie as the trooper as I can continue to farm madness levels without problem. I also expect them to use my trooper at least with a reasonable amount of regularity.

For higher level troopers, I dont mind if they have some interesting non-Eddie troopers. Sometimes I will pick from the list purely because I havent 'had a go' of a troopers char before. But I would prefer that the toon be able to hold its own in a 5* team.

ShadowedLies
12-03-2016, 08:43 AM
I have found that I prefer a mix purely because I haven't cleared all levels on all difficulties and it is nice to find toons that my troopers have that fill in gaps that my team needs to clear while still being able to use my eddie that im most familiar with(FotD Eddie purely because its my favorite Maiden song, and the debuffs are awesome).

Bobo
12-04-2016, 04:33 PM
I like a mixture of both. The Eddies can just sit in the wings whilst I grind out Underworld Madness levels, where I can use the other allies to smash trough lower levels really quickly, and maybe find a character that I want to get a hold of myself at some point!

Nicko
12-04-2016, 04:40 PM
I like helping out weaker players, but in those instances I really do prefer an Eddie as the trooper as I can continue to farm madness levels without problem. I also expect them to use my trooper at least with a reasonable amount of regularity.

For higher level troopers, I dont mind if they have some interesting non-Eddie troopers. Sometimes I will pick from the list purely because I havent 'had a go' of a troopers char before. But I would prefer that the toon be able to hold its own in a 5* team.

This.

If you're not a high-level player, use an Eddie. It's easy to plug it in and still play the levels I'm used to.

If it's a maxed character, I don't mind non-Eddies. I mix up auto and manual, so when I'm playing manual it's cool to try out other characters, or even a character that I own that doesn't have max skillshards

Chaosego888
12-04-2016, 06:40 PM
I like to have a good mixture so I can always easily notice which of my troopers is using my character because I associate their user names with their trooper. If they are unreliable on harder levels, I just use them in the secret locations or dungeons. I would like to rotate in some of my other non Eddie characters but it seems like everytime I do I receive less badges from my troopers so I just leave the Soldier Eddie in since he is the only Eddie I have completely maxed out. I need to replace a couple of non playing troopers with daily players. If anyone here needs a new one, request me. Chaosego888-9998