PDA

View Full Version : Pharaoh Eddie nerf!

wailenhalen18
12-03-2016, 04:03 PM
The invincibility buff duration from the Slave to Death special attack got decreased from 3 to 2 turns. What the hell???!!!

floki
12-03-2016, 05:09 PM
The invincibility buff duration from the Slave to Death special attack got decreased from 3 to 2 turns. What the hell???!!!

because i don't have a pharaoh eddie i can't confirm this, but are you sure you weren't just fighting agains an enemy with the 'siege' passive (reduces duration of positive effects)

Kardas
12-03-2016, 05:57 PM
This has been the case for some time now. It's been mentioned in the BNW update thread by the devs:
http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?4322-Game-Update-November-22nd-2016-Brave-New-World-Characters!&p=23902&viewfull=1#post23902

Ancient Mariner
12-03-2016, 06:11 PM
thank god i'd say..i mean cmon, 3 rounds of invincibility? It was overpowered as hell, and even 2 is not that normal imho

Witkacy
12-03-2016, 11:34 PM
thank god i'd say..i mean cmon, 3 rounds of invincibility? It was overpowered as hell, and even 2 is not that normal imho

Ciao AM :)

So... Let's nerf every one toon - there won't be any complains then... Everybody will be calm having more or less the same characters... I understand the idea of ''somehow equal chances'', yet I guess people wish to have something special as it is... But why to make rounded down everything (in major cases) instead rounding up? And even if... I don't have a PE myself yet think that despite having 3 rounds of invincibility - it wasn't make him unbeaten, right? One that comes to my mind it could be easily removed by Carriage Eddie's fury - as it buffs good guys (usually us :)) and debuffs bad guys... But of course I am not an expert - so I would like to hear some words from someone more experienced if it can be done that way...

All this reminds me the car races a bit... Everybody wants to win but I can't imagine that Alfa Romeo for example would ''nerf'' their cars clearly knowing they might be having some advantages upon their opponents... I know that there are rules, regulations, yet everyone seeks how to IMPROVE something to be better all the time even small details... And here is the opposite... It would be not fair not to mention about good changes - I see them, but the majority of changes is for worse regarding the past... Keep it up and there will be a moment when nobody will be amazed while winning Cyborg Eddie, Samurai, Pharaoh and couple others - because they all will be nerfed in the matter of time - they still be very good, solid, that's right, but won't be SPECIAL no more...

Buona serata :)

W

Arcturus
12-04-2016, 05:32 AM
On the one hand, it's hard to complain about a nerf that takes a skill from "crazy" to just "awesome".

On the other hand, I wish that if the devs felt some skill was just too much, they'd just tweak/buff a counter. So make someone with a "remove beneficial effects" skill either easier to get or buff them so they are more likely to be used.

Reeb99
12-04-2016, 06:34 AM
On the one hand, it's hard to complain about a nerf that takes a skill from "crazy" to just "awesome".

On the other hand, I wish that if the devs felt some skill was just too much, they'd just tweak/buff a counter. So make someone with a "remove beneficial effects" skill either easier to get or buff them so they are more likely to be used.

I may be wrong, but I don't think you can remove that buff with anyone other than CR Eddie since you technically can't hit them. You *can* stun a character that has that buff though, unless they also have immunity or are immune to stun. I've stunned the soulless demons when they have invincibility with the red Angel and red rocket dog's power move before, even though I did 0 damage.

I do agree counter characters should be buffed though.

Browno
12-04-2016, 08:59 AM
To be fair tho. When pharao eddie got his fury going, hus fury meter refilled in the time the buff lasted, so he would have invi forever after the first use.

Nicko
12-04-2016, 02:48 PM
I may be wrong, but I don't think you can remove that buff with anyone other than CR Eddie since you technically can't hit them. You *can* stun a character that has that buff though, unless they also have immunity or are immune to stun. I've stunned the soulless demons when they have invincibility with the red Angel and red rocket dog's power move before, even though I did 0 damage.

I do agree counter characters should be buffed though.

I'm pretty sure you can steal it with a character like the Wicker Dog King, or any character that steals beneficial effects. You can even steal energy/fury. You just can't inflict damage

ovy
12-06-2016, 08:21 PM

Well, it's worth remembering that Pharaoh Eddie is a rare, top-tier character that's advertised as one of the trophies you pay for. And other than the Fury (and specifically, its duration, because damage is nothing to write home about), there's nothing that great about him. A rare character should count for something, don't you think? Otherwise what are we paying/playing for? And not be overshadowed by e.g. Soldier Eddie which everyone gets pretty easily.

I have PE and I can live with the nerf from 3 to 2. But any less and it would render this major prize meaningless. At least it could be balanced with a bump up in Mend (the only AoE) or something.

FlyingV
12-07-2016, 02:51 PM

I never agree with nerfs, but I do agree that if the invincibility is going to be nerfed on the fury attack, then the damage should at least be increased, especially as a single-target attack.

BillLion
12-07-2016, 04:11 PM
Well, as a longtime owner/user of PE I was thrilled when they buffed his fury to AOE invincibility. 3 does seem a bit long, BUT he also is less durable than he was since the talismans nerfs awhile back.

The nerf prob makes it more competitive for the pending PVP, though as others have rightly said there are was around his fury.

BUT to take the edge off here is a solid and sensible idea for the devs: Why not make his "mend" attack run on physical or true damage? It is his only AOE attack and its utterly useless because any smart build of PE has very few magic talismans. This would return his "legendary" status and make his abilities actually make sense.

BTW: If the above happened I wouldn't even mention the useless "hunt" and "entomb" abilities that most of us ignore when slaying with the mighty Pharaoh!:D

Arcturus
12-07-2016, 06:46 PM
BUT to take the edge off here is a solid and sensible idea for the devs: Why not make his "mend" attack run on physical or true damage? It is his only AOE attack and its utterly useless because any smart build of PE has very few magic talismans. This would return his "legendary" status and make his abilities actually make sense.
I agree with this comment