PDA

View Full Version : A Tale of two LotB Accounts

FlyingV
12-05-2016, 12:27 PM
For reasons sensless/sensible, I have created a secondary account. My activity on the main has been limited to trooper obligations, as the grind has simply become tedious. Reducing the experience to one expression, "Oh, what a difference another go 'round makes."

My first play-through has been quite a grind. Mistakes were made at every step, especially regarding talismans: bad investments in skilled and sorcery talismans, sell-off of AK talismans for room to find them indispensable later, having to re-farm them. Skill shards were also misapplied, and the RNG was the devil. I began in early July and made no significant headway until late August. By then I was able to grab hold of some players blessed by RNG and used them to get through the dungeons my 4* bomber boy and company couldn't defeat. Once the push was made, I was able to grind my way to 3* evo shards and tip the scales.

This second attempt could not a be more different thus far. I quickly scored a 4* Wicker man Eddie, and plunged headlong into the fray. My understanding about which talismans allowed me to invest runes wisely. Toons were better understood and I made quick use of a Sentinel Undead Soldier, then a Warrior Soulless Demon, later replacing the Soldier with WDQ.

More importantly, the attitude and understanding of the game has shifted. 9-12 characters with evenly-distributed talismans in account 1 was replaced with a focus on 1-2 Eddies and 3-4 toons. This is also no Pokemon account. If it's not an Eddie or that 1-2 dozen notorious toon, the 1-2* toons are discarded whereas the 3*s are held uninvested for sacrifice. Too much was invested in the other account toons for practicality, considering the game's now-known limits.

The results thus far are level 25 within 24 hours of startup, level 40 within 4 days, with about 50% of the secret locations, and over 50% of the skull challenges accomplished. Troopers have made a huge difference. There were no levelled troopers when I began. Now, enlisting the aid of the "right" troopers makes short work of any challenge.

I now know why those seem puzzled over some of the grumpiness exhibited by some of the players over some of the past events... this can be a very different experience for each player. With an early education however, it's quite a breeze compared to the stumbling days.

Sleestak
12-05-2016, 02:41 PM
I've been wanting to do this for the very same reason you mentioned. Tired of the daily grind, and just want to get trooper badges. I've hesitated because I've never logged out of my account and I'm afraid that with the instability of the game I'll never get back in, or everything will be gone if I do. I've got my account linked to facebook so I'm probably just being unnecessarily paranoid, but I've read the horror stories here on the forums.

When you created that second account, do you play each account on a separate device? Or do you log out and in each time? Do you have both accounts linked to facebook? Any problems?

Looking for someone to ease my fears before diving in for round 2.

Nicko
12-05-2016, 02:42 PM
Sounds like a good way to keep things fresh while waiting new content. And yes, experience and understanding of the game mechanics before going in would likely be huge.

I may do the same...one account on iPad, one on iPhone

FlyingV
12-05-2016, 02:48 PM
I've been wanting to do this for the very same reason you mentioned. Tired of the daily grind, and just want to get trooper badges. I've hesitated because I've never logged out of my account and I'm afraid that with the instability of the game I'll never get back in, or everything will be gone if I do. I've got my account linked to facebook so I'm probably just being unnecessarily paranoid, but I've read the horror stories here on the forums.

When you created that second account, do you play each account on a separate device? Or do you log out and in each time? Do you have both accounts linked to facebook? Any problems?

Looking for someone to ease my fears before diving in for round 2.

Same device.

Account 1 logon with facebook.

Account 2 logon with email.

The only bug is a consistent glitch running from 2 back to 1. When I logon fb, it takes me to page then the page brings me to the logon screen with a frozen menu. I close out, re-log via FB and it works fine. This occurs each time. May aleviate the prob if I just use email logon for both accounts, but haven't tried yet.

FlyingV
12-05-2016, 02:50 PM
Sounds like a good way to keep things fresh while waiting new content. And yes, experience and understanding of the game mechanics before going in would likely be huge.

I may do the same...one account on iPad, one on iPhone

I am curious to discover if account 2 will have matured with some respectable teams by/before BNW is released.

Sleestak
12-05-2016, 03:14 PM
Thanks Flying V. I'm going to give it a shot.

I think it will also have the added benefit of saving ironite. When you run out of sands but haven't filled your fix yet, just log on to the other account for a fresh go. Less SOT refills, while only 30 ironite, add up after a while.

FlyingV
12-05-2016, 04:02 PM
Thanks Flying V. I'm going to give it a shot.

I think it will also have the added benefit of saving ironite. When you run out of sands but haven't filled your fix yet, just log on to the other account for a fresh go. Less SOT refills, while only 30 ironite, add up after a while.

I actually did the unthinkable and spent the 625 on the talisman kit (warrior).

I amassed a good 1300-1500 in these few days and figure the investment towards the fast track of achievement awards and secret location access is worth the price at this stage in the game. I easily remember burning through a 675 10-pack or 3 of rare souls with shit to show for it. No RNG woes or unfashionability with 5* Strength talismans.

Sleestak
12-05-2016, 04:26 PM
Not a bad investment at all. Talisman upgrades would be huge in the early levels.

Just created the second account - Sleestak-3689.

I've got a clean slate for troopers if anyone is interested. Obviously low level, but I'll play troopers everyday.

FlyingV
12-05-2016, 04:36 PM
I did you a solid and added you. Be careful about when you buy tali packages... they don't come with gold so you can go bankrupt upgrading 10% of the package if you buy too soon. I would have all of AK and a few KoS secret locations available before buying.