PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Iron and Stone?

mjmxiii
12-06-2016, 04:31 AM
These two talismans don't seem to work for me... In sets of two, the Irons should be increasing my defense by 15% and the Stones by 1% of character HP.... It doesn't show and increase in stats like it does for different sets with similar benefits and trying them in battle definitely tells me there is no benefits to pairing... is this a nerf or a bug or is it just me this is happening to? I didn't see any posts with regards to this issue so if anyone can kick knowledge it would be appreciated.

Reeb99
12-06-2016, 05:07 AM
Supposedly it's just a display issue on the character screen.

LegoMech
12-09-2016, 12:48 AM
I wish we knew for sure though.

konstifik
12-09-2016, 08:19 AM
I wish we knew for sure though.

One of the dev's said it's purely a visual issue and that the bonus is indeed included in the battle calculations. So I would feel safe using those.

Arcturus
12-09-2016, 02:27 PM
I recently tested the Iron talismans with my Gunner Corrupt Rescuer, whose basic attack scales with defense. She hit harder using 2 Irons (giving a 15% boost not listed on the stats screen) (both lvl 50, Fierce) than with 1 iron and 1 guardian (also lvl 50, Fierce), even though the stats "looked" the same.

Another thing about Irons, though, is that most of the time you (or I, anyway) want to use them is for toons like GCR - physical attack that scales with defense. These toons tend to have a very high defense. However, it seems that when attacks scale with DEF & ATK, they're additive: so it's (DEF + ATK) [and maybe some multiplier on top of that]. If that's true, then it's almost always better to use Guardian (increases ATK by 20% of DEF) than Iron (increase DEF by 15%), which (given the typical high defense) is better than Strength (increase ATK by 15%). This is certainly the case for Gunner Corrupt Rescuer, who hits hardest with 4 Guardian Fierce, a misc. red Fierce and a misc. green Overwhelming (due to the green slot).

konstifik
12-09-2016, 02:37 PM
I recently tested the Iron talismans with my Gunner Corrupt Rescuer, whose basic attack scales with defense. She hit harder using 2 Irons (giving a 15% boost not listed on the stats screen) (both lvl 50, Fierce) than with 1 iron and 1 guardian (also lvl 50, Fierce), even though the stats "looked" the same.

Another thing about Irons, though, is that most of the time you (or I, anyway) want to use them is for toons like GCR - physical attack that scales with defense. These toons tend to have a very high defense. However, it seems that when attacks scale with DEF & ATK, they're additive: so it's (DEF + ATK) [and maybe some multiplier on top of that]. If that's true, then it's almost always better to use Guardian (increases ATK by 20% of DEF) than Iron (increase DEF by 15%), which (given the typical high defense) is better than Strength (increase ATK by 15%). This is certainly the case for Gunner Corrupt Rescuer, who hits hardest with 4 Guardian Fierce, a misc. red Fierce and a misc. green Overwhelming (due to the green slot).

For maximum damage, it will indeed be better to maximize the sum of ATK and DEF, which is made with Guardian Fierce talismans (for those toons with high base DEF) as you say. However, increasing DEF will also be good for minimizing the damage taken when hit with physical damage, so what talisman set that is best depends on how you want to balance the character.

mjmxiii
12-23-2016, 01:57 PM
Using 2 x Stone and Iron on FotD and have no complaints about them anymore. Char does scale damage with DEF but the ATK is still very important as it made a difference leveling up some of his talismans. Hits harder but still needs a lot of skill shards too...

Fudjo
01-06-2017, 10:42 PM
I tried 2xStone + 4xIron vs 2xStone + 4xGuardian on my Fear of the Dark Eddie. Guardian came out the clear winner.

Peppoah
09-04-2017, 07:31 PM
I just noticed that these talismans got fixed, finally. They show the right stats now. Resistance, Resiliance and Ascension talismans also show the right stats now. Took only about a year to make it happen. Thanks NF.