PDA

View Full Version : Rare souls: A way to put the RNG in your favor?

Benji
12-09-2016, 05:49 PM
I've been playing this game ever since it came out, and the constant feeling of getting punched in the gut by seeing blue eyes on a rare soul sucks. I have gotten lucky though, I have pulled a Vampire Hunter Eddie and multiple 4 star characters. However, many of these characters, including my 5 star, have been pulled RIGHT AFTER pulling a bunch of 1 star souls and getting 1 and 2 stars. My thoughts are that this might minipulate the RNG in favor of giving you a rarer chatacter. Try this out and reply with your results.

Hypnos
12-09-2016, 06:21 PM
I've been playing this game ever since it came out, and the constant feeling of getting punched in the gut by seeing blue eyes on a rare soul sucks. I have gotten lucky though, I have pulled a Vampire Hunter Eddie and multiple 4 star characters. However, many of these characters, including my 5 star, have been pulled RIGHT AFTER pulling a bunch of 1 star souls and getting 1 and 2 stars. My thoughts are that this might minipulate the RNG in favor of giving you a rarer chatacter. Try this out and reply with your results.

I've heard tilting your device to the left before summoning a soul also helps as there are more rarer characters on that side than on the right.

But seriously, those were just coincidences.

Nicko
12-09-2016, 06:40 PM
Agree just coincidence.

However - just for kicks - dropped 10 ordinary souls in - 1 and 2 * junk

Dropped a single rate soul - 4* - Axis Bomber Boy

Great character? No. But a 4* on my n=1

Benji
12-09-2016, 08:22 PM
I've heard tilting your device to the left before summoning a soul also helps as there are more rarer characters on that side than on the right.

But seriously, those were just coincidences.

I hears that shoving your phone up your ass might help your odds too.

floki
12-09-2016, 08:45 PM

yeah as you said in my thread, thanks to opening 46 souls without red, i don't buy em with ironite anymore, i just don't see the darn point :p

Nicko
12-09-2016, 11:56 PM
Tried two more times - both times 10 normal souls followed by a rare

Regular souls always gave 1 and 2*

First Rare - Undead Allied Soldier 3*

Second Rare - Sentinel Pyro Soldier 4*

That means two out of my three attempts gave 4* with rare souls - not bad!

I'm done, cause saving souls for new content, but in the name of pseudo-science those were my results!

Hypnos
12-10-2016, 12:26 AM

Who did you hear that from? I think you're hanging out with the wrong people

Ian
12-10-2016, 07:26 PM

Really awkward if playing on a tablet

Nicko
12-10-2016, 07:29 PM
Really awkward if playing on a tablet

Depends on the size of the ass...

Mizrael
12-10-2016, 09:32 PM
i followed these steps(except for the shoving),in the name of science and got 10xF'all...as usual. i have been bummed by this game so many times,that i wouldn't have a problem even with following the last tip (playing on a tablet). im gonna try it again in about a month,once i hustle up 675 ironite again. 😉

Ian
12-11-2016, 01:31 AM
i have been bummed by this game so many times,

Sounds liked you have tried the shoving quite a lot