PDA

View Full Version : Comet Talismans

hold
12-09-2016, 08:36 PM
I just did the 100 Talismans 5* achievement and claimed the Comet talismans ... all 4 of them are bloody Sorcery!!! WTF?!

Really pissed off right now as this is the most useless magic talisman you can have ... need to calm myself donw right now as I might sell them straight away to get them out of my sight ...

Also thinking about to file a bug report for that ... Another punch in the stomach ... not funny at all ... really not ...

hold
12-09-2016, 08:45 PM
I know it is only a game but it took me month to get there and I am seriously so angry right now. So close to uninstall it and let it rest forever with all the bugs and glitches and shit rewards. This is just too much right now.

The Educated fool
12-09-2016, 08:55 PM
I know it is only a game but it took me month to get there and I am seriously so angry right now. So close to uninstall it and let it rest forever with all the bugs and glitches and shit rewards. This is just too much right now.

I hear you man, and honestly, if I hadn't read that they were Sorcery here before getting them, I would have been pissed off when I earned them too (as it is, I'm in no particular rush). Sparton's reasoning for this seems to be to get us to find the right character for them... but it's a tough sell, for me. They'll likely sit undeveloped.

They're the only Comet Talismans in the game for now at least (unless you got them through the Founder's Pack).

The Comet skill is a devastating skill. Although I know that most players seem to disregard any stat bonus that isn't HP, Attack, and Magic, I would encourage players to carefully consider how they can utilize this successfully.

FlyingV
12-09-2016, 09:18 PM
I'm at 88/100, so these are about a week or so away. I for one will not be hitting claim until this is fixed. If they don't fix this, fuck 'em. Last thing I need is 4 shit talismans clogging the inventory. Bottom line, if there's no Magus/Sentinel operating purely off magic AoE with a minimum of 9,000-12,000 base hit points at Level 100, these are useless talismans, and to date no such character exists that I am aware of.

hold
12-09-2016, 09:24 PM
I'm at 88/100, so these are about a week or so away. I for one will not be hitting claim until this is fixed. If they don't fix this, fuck 'em. Last thing I need is 4 shit talismans clogging the inventory. Bottom line, if there's no Magus/Sentinel operating purely off magic AoE with a minimum of 9,000-12,000 base hit points at Level 100, these are useless talismans, and to date no such character exists that I am aware of.

Storm Eddie with 9800 hit points at level 100 ... This is the only toon right now these talis make sense with 2 health ward if you ask me. I am still pissed off... The only thing what would make them worse is Onslaught...

XcarecroW
12-09-2016, 09:31 PM

Storm eddie, golden son magus, pharaoh dog king, and i havent looked so much. Are 4 talismans you still can put 2 health ward with them. But it seems that they would fit perfectly with storm eddie.

FlyingV
12-09-2016, 09:55 PM
Storm eddie, golden son magus, pharaoh dog king, and i havent looked so much. Are 4 talismans you still can put 2 health ward with them. But it seems that they would fit perfectly with storm eddie.

PDK is not AoE, maybe this opens him up a bit, though. Golden Son lacks the requisite HP, IMO. Storm Eddie OTOH, may do nicely. For whatever reason, I short-counted him by 2,000 HP

XcarecroW
12-10-2016, 12:39 AM
PDK is not AoE, maybe this opens him up a bit, though. Golden Son lacks the requisite HP, IMO. Storm Eddie OTOH, may do nicely. For whatever reason, I short-counted him by 2,000 HP

Maybe is better to use the set on a char without AOE attack, so with the set you giving one, thats why i said the PDK because it is a good char but without AOE.

hold
12-10-2016, 02:25 AM

It still weakens your Storm Eddie overall I think. I have 2 Warp Bulwark on him and 4 Paladin (2 Power / 2 Arcane) what gives him quite a bit of hit points and a lot of magic. Putting the Comet talismans on him plus the 2 Health ward gives him quite a bit less magic and special. Don't know if that swap is worth the one big hit per battle. Maybe sit some Eddie on the bench dedicated to the Comets and bring him on for the big bang ... well Storm Eddie has a big bang anyways even without the Comets.

To find out I would need to develop the Comets and I can't be bothered with that (plus I am lacking of blue runes).

I still would rather have 2 Arcane + 2 Power / 4 Arcane or anything but Sorcery. To boost Def and MR is void as soon as you meet something with true damage. In this case I'd always opt in for HP and Magic / ATK ... so whatever the devs try to sell "Sorcery is good" I am simply not buying it.

If I would have known that you get Sorcery talismans I would not have put any effort in getting them ... really still very much pissed off

I'd still vote for an "Alchemist" where you can rebrand talismans and swap the color of runes for gold.

Roquetas-5312
12-10-2016, 10:18 AM
I have mine up to 35/50 and put them on my grim reaper with 2 50 ascension
Very handy for getting out of trouble
Not sure where else they would be useful

Reeb99
12-10-2016, 11:33 AM
Sorcery, seriously? Wow, they really keep trying to push these worthless no-health talismans. They need to remove them all from the drop list and convert the existing ones to another type. They aren't worth considering in my opinion.

Anybody that uses these no-health or 6x damage talismans are going to be in for a rude awakening when pvp hits, in my opinion. Dead before they even get a chance to activate buffs unless they use the massively overpowered red troll.

satani
12-10-2016, 11:41 AM
this is very sad, i agree they should remove sorcery and the onslaught talismans or at least change them to have at least ANY good stat. (like a super high DEF for the yellow would be nice.

hold
12-10-2016, 12:39 PM
this is very sad, i agree they should remove sorcery and the onslaught talismans or at least change them to have at least ANY good stat. (like a super high DEF for the yellow would be nice.

DEF is worthless if you meet somebody with true damage ... they are just bloody worthless ...

konstifik
12-10-2016, 12:41 PM
Sorcery, seriously? Wow, they really keep trying to push these worthless no-health talismans. They need to remove them all from the drop list and convert the existing ones to another type. They aren't worth considering in my opinion.

Anybody that uses these no-health or 6x damage talismans are going to be in for a rude awakening when pvp hits, in my opinion. Dead before they even get a chance to activate buffs unless they use the massively overpowered red troll.

Say that you have a character with a set of Thief Bulwark talismans. They alone will give approximately the same health boost as a green and five blue power/arcane talismans, but they will not give any DEF or MR. Putting three blue sorcery talismans in the other three spots will give the build the same total bonus for DEF and MR as a balanced build with a green and five blue power/arcane talismans. Do you really think they should take away the possibility for this kind of build?

The Wickerman is another example where such a no-HP talisman could be useful. As both ATK and DEF adds to his damage you (probably) want every talisman to contribute to both his ATK and DEF but since his base MR is pretty low, that will leave him very vulnerable to magic damage attacks. So for him a player might want to consider a build which includes red talismans of the skilled type.

hold
12-10-2016, 12:42 PM
Sorcery, seriously? ...

This is what I thought as well ... unless they change this for the better just concentrate on another achievement IMHO ... this reward really doesn't fell like an achievement - it feels like a punishment ...

Just played my troopers today as this mess is not their fault but going to switch it off for the rest of the day. This "achievement" really took the fun out of the game ...

On a sidenote: Counter the Red Troll with a Blue Bat (I have) or the Prisoner / Death Dog (I don't have both yet) and he is not that poewrful anymore ...

hold
12-10-2016, 12:53 PM
Say that you have a character with a set of Thief Bulwark talismans. They alone will give approximately the same health boost as a green and five blue power/arcane talismans, but they will not give any DEF or MR. Putting three blue sorcery talismans in the other three spots will give the build the same total bonus for DEF and MR ....

Again: DEF and MR are ignored by True Damage! You can add a billion DEF and MR but if I hit you with a team consisting of True Damagers you are gone before you can say "ouch"

I agree that these talismans would make sense if True Damage for example would ignore 60% or so of MR and DEF ... OK at least high stats give me some protection ... but otherwise

Esquatcho
12-10-2016, 01:34 PM
Would seem they'd fit OK with Magus cotd & NoL?

Magus Golden Son works because of revive, PDK to get some AoE, CotD for billzard shield, NoL for AoE+has reflect shield? All have decent HP already too.

Also, what about other non-magus magic doers - Gunner Bomber Boy? Assassin Souless Demon (w invincibility), corrupt rescuer or pyro?

Lastly, Sentinel Undead Rescuer, Pharao Sand Spirit (already that def/MR!!!), undead & regular allied soldiers, or even your good 'ol corrupt ox cultist!?

Actually, Im going to suggest these talismans might make some sentinels from meh to usable right?

Aristo4
12-10-2016, 01:46 PM
I have them on a spare PDK for now, and plan to level them one day.
Its quite funny you guys do exactly what Sparton wanted us to do, explore where,how and if they can be fitted somewhere...some nice ideas overall :cool:

hold
12-10-2016, 01:54 PM
I have them on a spare PDK for now, and plan to level them one day.
Its quite funny you guys do exactly what Sparton wanted us to do, explore where,how and if they can be fitted somewhere...some nice ideas overall :cool:

And everywhere I put them I think they would be much better in Arcane or Power...

Aristo4
12-10-2016, 02:06 PM
And everywhere I put them I think they would be much better in Arcane or Power...

Yep, not disagreeing with that.

hold
12-10-2016, 02:27 PM
Yep, not disagreeing with that.

I am glad other players are on the same page :)

Roquetas-5312
12-10-2016, 02:29 PM
So no one else is actually using them then ?

Reeb99
12-10-2016, 03:27 PM
I know I'm not going to nerf my own storm eddie by using them. His defense and MR is just fine with 2x ascension/ward and 4x Paladin/power. That fury move owns bosses with that setup, even the assassin Beast. Pretty meh for farming though.

satani
12-10-2016, 03:42 PM
DEF is worthless if you meet somebody with true damage ... they are just bloody worthless ...

at that point you're right, but imagine what damage a DEF-scaling character like the Wickerman or FotD-Eddie would make, if you could boost their DEF.

My idea is to change the sorcery or onlslaught talisman a little. Let the onlsaught, for example have higher special-stat (compared to will or bulwark) yet a "little" life (like 500-900) instead of MR or DEF, so these could still be useful for a special-scaling character, like most gunners.
For the sorcery .. well, they have magic, so they should just create a new "over-power" mage defender, which scales only on DEF and MR, so a boost on these stats will be effective.

hold
12-10-2016, 04:40 PM
at that point you're right, but imagine what damage a DEF-scaling character like the Wickerman or FotD-Eddie would make, if you could boost their DEF...

That would be awesome... With a Power Comet Talisman...

Nifelheim
12-10-2016, 08:06 PM
I just did the 100 Talismans 5* achievement and claimed the Comet talismans ... all 4 of them are bloody Sorcery!!! WTF?!

Really pissed off right now as this is the most useless magic talisman you can have ... need to calm myself donw right now as I might sell them straight away to get them out of my sight ...

Also thinking about to file a bug report for that ... Another punch in the stomach ... not funny at all ... really not ...

Sorcery, and mystical,skilled are prob the best talismans for a lot of sentinel and assassin characters. I used to sell them all and now regret. I never played, built those characters, but as a endgame player doing a little exploring/variety, they are certainly not junk.

hold
12-10-2016, 08:39 PM
Sorcery, and mystical,skilled are prob the best talismans for a lot of sentinel and assassin characters. I used to sell them all and now regret. I never played, built those characters, but as a endgame player doing a little exploring/variety, they are certainly not junk.

They are junk ... The only mystical I have is on a Rainmaker and he is benched after the nerf. Plus the mystical is still giving you 4.5k hit points.

Go ahead and stuff your toons full with those useless no HP talismans and I meet you with a team that is only doing True Damage... I am looking forward to that.

As it stand right now they are useless.

Roquetas-5312
12-10-2016, 08:57 PM
They are junk ... The only mystical I have is on a Rainmaker and he is benched after the nerf. Plus the mystical is still giving you 4.5k hit points.

Go ahead and stuff your toons full with those useless no HP talismans and I meet you with a team that is only doing True Damage... I am looking forward to that.

If you're frozen for 2 rounds how are you going to hit anything !
Just sell them and quit moaning

XcarecroW
12-10-2016, 09:20 PM

I can see that you havent tried to put 6 mystical health to sentinel soulles demon or to allied general, do it and then you will regret to sell them.

hold
12-11-2016, 05:41 AM
I can see that you havent tried to put 6 mystical health to sentinel soulles demon or to allied general, do it and then you will regret to sell them.

You are right I haven't - because it doesn't make sense.

The General deals physical damage and scales with Max HP. So I use Overwhelming on him what gives the same HP than Mystical plus more ATK. In fact there are 6 Health Overwhelming on my General.

The Soulless Demon deals True Damage and scales of Max HP. In this case I can (and do) use Ward or Overwhelming because I get as much HP as with Mystical plus more damage.

Or am I missing something here?

Reeb99
12-11-2016, 03:02 PM
You are right I haven't - because it doesn't make sense.

The General deals physical damage and scales with Max HP. So I use Overwhelming on him what gives the same HP than Mystical plus more ATK. In fact there are 6 Health Overwhelming on my General.

The Soulless Demon deals True Damage and scales of Max HP. In this case I can (and do) use Ward or Overwhelming because I get as much HP as with Mystical plus more damage.

Or am I missing something here?

No, I've determined (by testing them myself) that mystical talismans are a waste on these guys. The green soulless demon benefits by either of the other types of greens more than mystical.

konstifik
12-12-2016, 09:32 AM
Again: DEF and MR are ignored by True Damage! You can add a billion DEF and MR but if I hit you with a team consisting of True Damagers you are gone before you can say "ouch"

I agree that these talismans would make sense if True Damage for example would ignore 60% or so of MR and DEF ... OK at least high stats give me some protection ... but otherwise

And your team without DEF and MR will be extremely vulnerable against a team of physical and/or magical damagers.

wailenhalen18
01-06-2017, 02:50 AM

What are you talking about? It does physical damage, not sure what you mean by sorcery. It's a pretty good skill in my opinion

ErikInVegas
01-06-2017, 11:52 AM
I have them 5*50 and they suck because they cost too much to cast so their DPS is worse than talis you pick up in the first world.

Aristo4
01-06-2017, 04:26 PM
What are you talking about? It does physical damage, not sure what you mean by sorcery. It's a pretty good skill in my opinion

He talks about Magic Comet Talismans that are Sorcery, and you responded about physical damage, probably about the Meteor talismans.

Now, what are YOU talking about?