PDA

View Full Version : Legendary Soul Offer

BillLion
07-29-2016, 10:55 PM
Did everyone get the legendary soul offer. Or maybe it comes when you hit a certain level or time benchmark?

Seems like a good deal for $30, but I already spent $30 this week and got nothing good! Total investment in the game is about $35 for me now.

I think it'd be a no-brainer for me if it guaranteed a 5*, but it's 4 OR 5. Though I guess it comes w/ lots of gold, ironite and a few rare souls to sweeten the deal.

Rodrigo-3281
07-29-2016, 11:02 PM
I'm really thinking about it. I've spent $9 this month for some ironite but in this pack you get 1,500. That's crazy cheap compared to the other options like the 1,800 for $50.

Kaijester
07-29-2016, 11:10 PM
Wow if u spent 1500 ironite on the rare souls, the legendary pack yields a total of 26 rare souls and a legendary soul.

Anyone would have a pretty decent deck of character with it.

Jennie-5128
07-29-2016, 11:14 PM
I bought it. Got 4* carriage rider Eddie; spent the ironite on rare soul packs; got ALL 3* for everything else. 4 of them were red soulless demons; 4 blue allied soldiers.

I'll reiterate what I've said elsewhere: rare should be 4 or 5. Legendary should be 5. 3* souls are absolutely useless to anyone who is in battlefield or past it; at the point I am at 4* aren't all that much use, and evolution is SUCH a grind :/

Gonzo
07-29-2016, 11:14 PM
I think it's a good deal and not the classic "100usd cashgrab" that freemium games often offer. I'll definitely get it.

I bought it. Got 4* carriage rider Eddie; spent the ironite on rare soul packs; got ALL 3* for everything else. 4 of them were red soulless demons; 4 blue allied soldiers.

I'll reiterate what I've said elsewhere: rare should be 4 or 5. Legendary should be 5. 3* souls are absolutely useless to anyone who is in battlefield or past it; at the point I am at 4* aren't all that much use, and evolution is SUCH a grind :/

I agree with the Legendary Soul, they should only drop 5*s.

Rare souls IMO are ok, maybe a slight chance to get a 4*s out of them. If you make 4*s that easy, most of the 2* and 3* become obsolete and no one has a reason to upgrade them besides collecting or trying new team comps.

BillLion
07-29-2016, 11:45 PM
I did it. Got a 4* on my legendary. Crap.

I opened 27 rare souls and got a grand total of 4 4*s but 2 were dups. So I ended up w/ 2 new 4* characters (both classes I didn't really need) and a ton of gold.

Agree with everyone else. Legendary is rare and should guarantee a 5*. Crap again.

Jennie-5128
07-29-2016, 11:48 PM
@Gonzo 28 "rare" and every last one of them being 3* seems a bit off to me. If one in five was a 4* that would mollify me somewhat; apart from anything else that would mean that if you've spent all week grinding your troopers till the pips squeak you at least have a chance of something useful.

I think if evolving was easier you might have a point, but even with the increased drop rate for evolution shards it''s still ridiculously hard to evolve from 4* to 5* :/ I don't mind when a game is challenging, but this isn't challenging, it's grinding.

Gonzo
07-30-2016, 12:04 AM
I've never pulled anything better than a 3* from rare souls. And I've been grindind for 1, yes, ONE gunner shard for the last 4 days. Trust me, I know the grind.

It's not difficult to get characters to 4*.

I forgot a word in my previous post regarding Rare Souls, I wanted to say that the chances of getting a 4* should be slightly better.

Let me finish with this, they did not increase the drop rate. I'm almost 300 battles in Underworld Madness and only got 1 3*Gunner shard.

Rodrigo-3281
07-30-2016, 12:05 AM
I got it. For the Legendary Soul I got a 4* Desert Marauder. :/
For the 3 Rare Souls I got a 3* Speed of Light Eddie, 3* Corrupt Ox Cultist and 4* Angel of Fear. Overall that wasn't a bad pull.
I also just got the Gunner/Assassin Soul last day reward and it ended up being a 4* Artillery Dog.

Kulimar
07-30-2016, 12:27 AM
My friends just pulled a Gunner Child of the Damned and Assassin Golem from the pack. So jelly.

BillLion
07-30-2016, 12:28 AM
My friends just pulled a Gunner Child of the Damned and Assassin Golem from the pack. So jelly.

Well, someone has to win. Congrats to him!

Jennie-5128
07-30-2016, 12:29 AM
It's not difficult to get characters to 4*.
No, but it's almost impossible to go from 4* to 5*, and where I am now that's what I need to be doing; I CAN get thru underworld with what I've got but it's really hard without spending ironite (didn't have the reflecting Allied soldier til a couple of days ago, for example, so he's still 3* - OfC I got 4 of him today LOL) and I'm assuming Dark City is going to be another step up in difficulty & want to be ready.

Let me finish with this, they did not increase the drop rate. I'm almost 300 battles in Underworld Madness and only got 1 3*Gunner shard.
That's really interesting - they said they had, & it felt to me like the drop rate for 2* evo shards was better (I'm just getting thru underworld hard myself so you're a bit ahead of me). Maybe they increased it but it was already tiny and/or they didn't increase it by much?

Jennie-5128
07-30-2016, 12:30 AM

Holy Cthulhu I knew SOMEONE was getting my share of the luck lol

Qed
07-30-2016, 12:39 AM

You are wrong, the only important thing to judge the strenght of a character is "abilities" not the number of stars. For example the 3* allied blue soldier is probably one of the strongest char in the game, far better than almost all 4* chars and even better of some 5* rare (i.e. Nomad). Rising their level is quite fast and you don't need any money at all excluding the evolution cost (evolving from 4* to 5* sometimes takes long but it is due to the crap drop rate of some components).

Trystangst
07-30-2016, 01:13 AM
People do tend to put a bit too much stake in unit star rankings......the vast majority of your usefulness comes from talismans.

A 3* unit with a bunch of 5* talismans will last a lot longer (and do a lot more damage) than a 5* with 3* talismans.

A 5* unit by itself doesn't mean much. And talismans are a lot easier to get and level than units.

jpmusic
07-30-2016, 03:29 AM
Agree with pretty much everyone, the Legendary Souls is EXTREMELY rare, it's disappointing that you get a 4* with it, also rare souls should also get higher * characters more often, they aren't as common as regular souls and pretty much get the same results.

Vaseodin
07-30-2016, 04:16 AM
I disagree. A 5 star character can equip 2 more talismans than a 3 star character. That is HUGE. Plus, that 5 star character has much higher base stats, which directly affect the skills. Plus, evolving a 3 star character to 5 star is insanely slow. I have been running over 200 missions a day for over a week (read: waaay more than 1000 runs) and still haven't been able to get my mummy Eddie to 5 star. I think I'll take a quick 5 star any day over that.

Mistikman-3331
07-30-2016, 04:54 AM
I pulled a magus child of the damned, who now locks up my game on a regular basis when I set to autobattle when just farming because the stupid freeze bug, so now I have to manually control all battles even when just farming and using all my troopers.

Kind of annoying :[

Gonzo
07-30-2016, 04:55 AM
Is Mummy Eddie that good? I level my 3 3*s versions but I always find his stats sub-par.

Vaseodin
07-30-2016, 05:35 AM
Mummy Eddie is not for everyone. He is my favorite Eddie so far, though. I would say if it fits your playstyle and you like having 2 powerful allies and use your Eddie for support then he is pretty bad a$$.

Jennie-5128
07-30-2016, 05:54 AM
I disagree. A 5 star character can equip 2 more talismans than a 3 star character. That is HUGE. Plus, that 5 star character has much higher base stats, which directly affect the skills. Plus, evolving a 3 star character to 5 star is insanely slow. I have been running over 200 missions a day for over a week (read: waaay more than 1000 runs) and still haven't been able to get my mummy Eddie to 5 star. I think I'll take a quick 5 star any day over that.

Yup, this.

daisu1-4294
07-30-2016, 09:57 AM
I pulled a wicker eddie from my legendary, I wasn't happy.

Atheist
07-30-2016, 10:18 AM
From the legendary soul I got a -meh-4 stars Wicker Man (not Eddie, the Wicker-wicker Man :P )
With the ironites I used 2x10 rare souls. The results were A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.
5 stars Axis Commander, 5 Stars Nomad and some various 4 stars which I'll never use.

sacredflash
07-30-2016, 11:01 AM
I got shit...my legendary was a 4 star rocket dog....I have a 4 star lvl 58 rocket dog that's my shared trooper.

Got 2 4 star angels from the rare drops that I'll keep, everything else I have already.

BillLion
07-30-2016, 12:08 PM
From the legendary soul I got a -meh-4 stars Wicker Man (not Eddie, the Wicker-wicker Man :P )
With the ironites I used 2x10 rare souls. The results were A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.
5 stars Axis Commander, 5 Stars Nomad and some various 4 stars which I'll never use.

You won the lotto, congrats!

Trystangst
07-30-2016, 12:16 PM

This is true, but I'd still take a 3* with 4 5* talismans over a 5* with 6 3* talismans.

I'm not saying that they are bad or that people shouldn't want them - the savings alone in time and resources are great. But I don't think they're the necessity that everyone feels they NEED to progress.

aur0ra85
07-30-2016, 12:27 PM
I feel like the two most powerful characters I've seen are the nomad and the axis bad guy. Congrats.

Kraznoff
07-30-2016, 04:54 PM
Legendary gave me a 4* corrupt harpy and 23 rare souls gave me 4 underwhelming 4* characters I already had. $30 and no benefit to gameplay other than some gold. I'm starting to fall into the gamblers fallacy, I'm losing so much I'm bound to win next time!

BillLion
07-30-2016, 04:57 PM
Legendary gave me a 4* corrupt harpy and 23 rare souls gave me 4 underwhelming 4* characters I already had. $30 and no benefit to gameplay other than some gold. I'm starting to fall into the gamblers fallacy, I'm losing so much I'm bound to win next time!

"My luck is about to change this time, I can feel it!" ;)

Gonzo
07-30-2016, 05:11 PM
I got a corrupt harpy too... And since I had a lot of resources I took her to 5* lvl 100... She's a BEAST!!!!

With the Ironite I got souls. 3 Pharaoh Dogs, One of those broken angels that can't kill anyone, way too many 3* Eddies and a children of the damned, the magus one.

Still... Feels good to support a game you really like.

Kraznoff
07-30-2016, 07:02 PM
I'm more than willing to pay for and support a game I enjoy playing, and I've played this game quite a bit, but you shouldn't have to pay more than the price of a console game for a slight chance at a good character. It's not a huge issue now, but it has the possibility of ruining the PvP component when it comes out. It doesn't matter how much time I spent grinding and leveling up if my opponent was lucky and got characters like CR Eddie, nomad, and axis commander while I'm pulling harpies.

Gonzo
07-30-2016, 07:24 PM
That argument is so old... and so wrong. I don't know why people keep saying that. Two different business models, two different platforms...

Also, 90% of triple A games use micro transactions. Or maybe you never heard of DLC.

aur0ra85
07-30-2016, 07:38 PM
So....
Beat the game on madness today...
I'm gonna try using her with this guy I've had sitting around.

Vaseodin
07-30-2016, 07:46 PM
"My luck is about to change this time, I can feel it!" ;)

LOL! Exactly my sentiment. Although my luck had changed tremendously recently.

Trystangst
07-30-2016, 07:58 PM
LOL! Exactly my sentiment. Although my luck had changed tremendously recently.

Lucky. Haha.

Still haven't gotten a single 4* or 5* from shards, and that last 2* green shard is still eluding me.

Gonzo
07-30-2016, 08:06 PM
@aurora... I got that Harpy from a Legendary Soul too. She is really good. She crits for 7k without any buff. Got her to LVL 100.

She's squishy though

aur0ra85
07-30-2016, 08:14 PM
Yeah I'd like to know what her damage scales with so I can give her some appropriate talismans. Maybe some health overwhelming? Idk. Her defence is awful. Again, no idea which yellow talismans to slot in her yellow slot either. There's a good one, the rush/onslaught I think that has huge buffs, but I'm not sure if she even benefits from it. No data, no statistics. :/
Tbh, 7k damage isn't nearly enough to put up with the lack of tank. Maybe I can find an Eddie charActer to buff her with? Pharaoh? Idk.
I have a carriage rider too and I've got decent talismans to put on him, but he's a healer mainly not a defence/buff/tank and he's 4 stars.

Gonzo
07-30-2016, 08:20 PM
Yeah I'd like to know what her damage scales with so I can give her some appropriate talismans. Maybe some health overwhelming? Idk. Her defence is awful. Again, no idea which yellow talismans to slot in her yellow slot either. There's a good one, the rush/onslaught I think that has huge buffs, but I'm not sure if she even benefits from it. No data, no statistics. :/
Tbh, 7k damage isn't nearly enough to put up with the lack of tank. Maybe I can find an Eddie charActer to buff her with? Pharaoh? Idk.
I have a carriage rider too and I've got decent talismans to put on him, but he's a healer mainly not a defence/buff/tank and he's 4 stars.

I've been using her with Soldier Eddie and the Sentinel General. A healer and an amazing buffer.

With the generals buff she one hits almost anyone in the first level of Underworld Madness

Vaseodin
07-30-2016, 08:30 PM
This is true, but I'd still take a 3* with 4 5* talismans over a 5* with 6 3* talismans.

I'm not saying that they are bad or that people shouldn't want them - the savings alone in time and resources are great. But I don't think they're the necessity that everyone feels they NEED to progress.

I'm not sure you're getting it. As a 5 star character can equip MORE talismans it automatically makes them more powerful. You can take the talismans from a 3 star character and putr them on a 5 star. You can't get talismans from ANY purchase, so I'm not sure what you're getting at. Your argument that people put too much emphasis on 5 star characters and that your prefer a 3 star over a 5 star if the 3 stars has better talismans doesn't make sense. You don't pull characters with talismans already on them. You have to build up your own talismans and equip them yourself. I'm not sure I get what you are trying to prove...

aur0ra85
07-30-2016, 08:45 PM
I've been using her with Soldier Eddie and the Sentinel General. A healer and an amazing buffer.

With the generals buff she one hits almost anyone in the first level of Underworld Madness

Try pairing her with my samurai Eddie, you're on my troopers list ;)
Try his future main attack and that ronin slash thingy. You're welcome lol.

aur0ra85
07-30-2016, 08:47 PM
I'm not sure you're getting it. As a 5 star character can equip MORE talismans it automatically makes them more powerful. You can take the talismans from a 3 star character and putr them on a 5 star. You can't get talismans from ANY purchase, so I'm not sure what you're getting at. Your argument that people put too much emphasis on 5 star characters and that your prefer a 3 star over a 5 star if the 3 stars has better talismans doesn't make sense. You don't pull characters with talismans already on them. You have to build up your own talismans and equip them yourself. I'm not sure I get what you are trying to prove...
IMHO even the worst five star character is generally better than the best 4 star character if similarly equipped. If you want to play on the big boy levels, you need the big boy characters. Just takes a long time to level them up and a lot of talisman upgrades.

Orc71
07-31-2016, 02:45 AM
I got lucky and pulled a 4 star Tailgunner Eddie but I know it's completely random

Exploit
09-07-2016, 07:04 PM
I hope they offer this package again. I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend the money on this game before the 5 day offer expired. Now I would buy it without hesitation but it's not around =/