PDA

View Full Version : Unslotting skill shards

Sinister Stairs
12-13-2016, 02:28 AM
Add a "skill unslot" shard to the store for > 2500 but < 5000 trooper points (let's say 2750) that unslots a skill shard from a random skill. That way players have to choose to sacrifice trooper points that could have gone towards a new skill shard, in order to recover one at a slight "discount."

The trick would be adjusting Achievments (and possibly previously earned rewards) appropriately.

scott-5496
12-13-2016, 10:40 AM
I posted elsewhere on this but I think these should be moveable for free. It should be the same as Talisman as they have the same sort of costs as upgrading a Talisman several levels in terms of time spent. I think more so now that these nerfs we are seeing are destroying a lot of folks teams that have taken months to build - that just isn't right. Therefore, they need to at least allow folk the chance to move shards around as they please - in much the same way that the devs are changing skills and effects.

konstifik
12-13-2016, 11:44 AM
I posted elsewhere on this but I think these should be moveable for free. It should be the same as Talisman as they have the same sort of costs as upgrading a Talisman several levels in terms of time spent. I think more so now that these nerfs we are seeing are destroying a lot of folks teams that have taken months to build - that just isn't right. Therefore, they need to at least allow folk the chance to move shards around as they please - in much the same way that the devs are changing skills and effects.

If skill shards could be removed and reapplied for free like talismans are, there would be no point at all in getting any more once you have as many as it takes to fill out the three most expensive Eddies and the three most expensive toons. Sure, this would probably be around 100 skill shards, which is still a lot, but a lot of the incentive to get more skill shards will be gone long before that. Most players would likely be pretty content around 40 or so.

Reeb99
12-13-2016, 12:03 PM
I think the bigger issue is that you can't get enough of them, not that we should be able to move them around. So you focus on a few powerful characters that are really useful, then they get nerfed. Then the players are so peeved that they rage quit.

The other issue is all the unintended bugs this game has. Last game I played was the same way, and died a quick death because of it. This game and that one are progressing in a very similar way, almost as if the same people took it over...

Roquetas-5312
12-13-2016, 12:15 PM
Don't forget they are placed randomly as well that's a bigger insult Than the cost of them and the reason we need more of them

Currently full on troopers,shards,runes,talismans and characters
No reason to use ironite only playing troopers very boring game nowadays

FlyingV
12-13-2016, 12:27 PM
I disagree with moving them around. People have a HUGE problem with the unwarranted and unanounced nerfs that ruined the character in which they invested weeks/months worth of skill shards. I too have a problem with this.

However, this is a pass for the devs who have and continue to screw us over. I should not have to pay 2,500 gold 10 ironite, or whatever for the privilege of removing each shard off a character of mine that they fucked up all so that they can fuck up a new character all over again.

If anything, we should be entitled to full skill shard reimbursement for anything they touched. Today they ruined a number of vital characters. I should be able to put in a ticket with my ruined characters, and say I have 20 shards on a Cyborg, and 5 on a Golden Son, whereupon I receive 25 new shards to put on different characters. And those old 25 shards stay put on the ruined characters meanwhile. They can verify this all on the user's accounts.

The REAL fix is to unfuck all this stupid beta nerfing and apply what is necessary ONLY to PVP, make it separate, or have PVP-eligible characters and non-eligable ones (today). This however is not going to happen. My reimbursement point will not happen either. Your/many others' suggestion of movable skill shards also will not happen.

These won't happen because in terms of vision and strategy the devs are too ignorant, stubborn, or cavalier to acknowledge their fuckups and make things right with us, which is why I suggest we no longer support them financially. The only difference with these ideas and movable skill shards is that being able to move them blows many other dynamics out of the water (minimal reason for trooper farming for example).