PDA

View Full Version : PvP info in Settings menu

RobG-9641
12-13-2016, 03:01 PM
Under Settings>Help there's section for Arena. Going to involve lots of points, coins, a store & exclusive Eddie.

Aristo4
12-13-2016, 03:06 PM
Busted!....

hold
12-13-2016, 03:11 PM
Under Settings>Help there's section for Arena. Going to involve lots of points, coins, a store & exclusive Eddie.

<sarcasm>And you will need 4 billion eternity shards for getting an eternity soul and to draw that special Eddie will be 1:100000

also a PvP battle will be as cheap as 20 SoT - while every 3rd battle will end in a server error</sarcasm>

Baba-8301
12-13-2016, 03:17 PM
The base mechanics seem sound though - it really is an extension of the PVE gameplay. Hopefully the AI will be improved so the defence teams will put up a fight. Just the one new currency to deal with. I'm guessing it will be easier to win as the attacker, so there will be an incentive to play rather than sit back and passively wait for people to lose against your defenders.

Kardas
12-13-2016, 03:24 PM
Well spotted!

While I'm not much of a PVP fan myself, that description does not make it sound enticing to play at all...

Ionswarm
12-13-2016, 10:30 PM
I see the tab, but no info on android?

MrFreeze
12-13-2016, 10:38 PM
I see the tab, but no info on android?

I thought the same at first. It should be there if you scroll down

Ionswarm
12-14-2016, 04:59 AM
Ah... thanks.

vgta99
12-14-2016, 06:30 AM
WTF! If the AI control the defense, it is not PVP!!!!

PVP= Player versus Player

LOTB became an huge joking... Hope is a mistake!

hold
12-14-2016, 06:44 AM

I just realized that as well ... Defense team is controlled by AI ... in this case I really don't understand all the fuzz about it. It's like LoL with random characters ... or am I missing something here?

On the other side - and I am fully aware that the nerf bat will hit back here but it would anyways - I already have a team that can't loose (95% of the time I guess - you might have a chance with a Prisoner in your defense).

What you need:

1. Eddie with a Comet set (even if they are bloody sorcery)
2. Alliance General
3. Angel of Pain or Death Dog
4. Warrior Bomber Boy or Assassin Troll

I am quite sure most of you figure that one out ...

Hellrider
12-14-2016, 06:44 AM

Agreed! I was afraid of this and hoping for a real PvP :(

FlyingV
12-14-2016, 07:35 AM
It's a lose-lose proposition today, which is why it makes no sense to have nerfed and rushed this through above the other choices like Sacrifice/BNW/NC.

Either it isn't PVP, which becomes a huge letdown/resentment especially when considering the nerfs; or

It is PVP with stability issues that would make those plaguing LotB now seem like a minor nuisance.

There is simply no way to come out ahead with this feature now. If it was a "PVE PVP" like it is and probably would have to be, it could have been made with more interesting choices and no nerfs. If it was PVP proper (very unlikely), it could have been moved off the game to a seperate dedicated entity for maximum stability.

The bottom line is though some may like it and others may hate it, this was the wrong thing to lead with and it has been implemented/transitioned terribly.

hold
12-14-2016, 07:47 AM
The bottom line is though some may like it and others may hate it, this was the wrong thing to lead with and it has been implemented/transitioned terribly.

I put this in the other thread as well - unless you nerf everything into oblivion people with at least these toons have an always winning team (the Prisoner might make a change - but I doubt it). With an AI controlled defense - nobody gets hurt - even if the attacking team has OP toons. It's like one stage of LoL with by gamers developed toons. I get the fuzz about it even less now ...

What you need:

2. Alliance General

vgta99
12-14-2016, 09:39 AM
Or maybe they use AI control only for the beta test or it play with players ghosts, I don't know, I have no access.

hold
12-14-2016, 10:16 AM
Or maybe they use AI control only for the beta test or it play with players ghosts, I don't know, I have no access.

I really doubt that as it is in the Help section of the game ...

But to be honest and thinking about this feature it could actually be a bit of fun. BUT

1. PvP was a completely wrong name chosen for this. It is not Player vs Player ... period.
2. That the AI controls my def team AND I MIGHT LOOSE VICTORY POINTS for something I cannot control is (I put it mildly) weird.

I like the idea of battling ever changing teams but I don't like the thought of THAT AI (that has proven to be useless) is fighting my battles.

I'd rather like to see an option "defense has first strike" and if I choose to trigger this I get more Victory Points ... maybe even loose more Victory Points so my decision to take a higher risk really matters.

FlyingV
12-14-2016, 10:19 AM

Nor do I and up until a month or two ago, that would be reason to wait and see how it works. The problem is that we know there is no way they will have real PVP... it is an impossibility given the FACT they can't even run PVE properly (Imagine the hassles of syncing players with their regions/connections/etc).

Since there is no real PVP, and this statement can safely be made, there was never a point to nerfing the characters. I have yet to hear an explanation on this, let alone a satisfactory one, something that will be pressed when these Arena assertions are confirmed. Nobody really loses against powerful characters with the proposed PVP. In general, you "raid" others with 80-95% success likelihood and your team gets raided with 80-95% defeat likelihood. This occurs in hundreds of games.

The only way to have even a semblance of PVP qualities would be either a series (6 games, X goes 1st game 1, Y goes first Game 2, victory # decides, or points for perfects, etc decides a draw), or a point shootout (X & Y each fights LOL and highest scorer wins).

konstifik
12-14-2016, 10:27 AM
I put this in the other thread as well - unless you nerf everything into oblivion people with at least these toons have an always winning team (the Prisoner might make a change - but I doubt it). With an AI controlled defense - nobody gets hurt - even if the attacking team has OP toons. It's like one stage of LoL with by gamers developed toons. I get the fuzz about it even less now ...

What you need:

2. Alliance General

Are there any indication that this will be 4 vs 4?

hold
12-14-2016, 10:29 AM
Since there is no real PVP, and this statement can safely be made, there was never a point to nerfing the characters.

Sorry to disagree because from their point of view (I disagree with that as well :) ) there was - to give the defending team a chance as even loosing as a defending team looses you Victory Points. If you take this nonsense with THAT AI away than you have a win-win situation imho.

Nerfing is not necessary and the defenders can loose without being punished ...

What you basically achieve than is creating a stage with endless random teams to fight against ... that I would like I think

hold
12-14-2016, 10:32 AM
Are there any indication that this will be 4 vs 4?

I can'T find it now but there was a teaser that showed 4x4 if I remember right ...

konstifik
12-14-2016, 10:34 AM
One way to give the defending team a, probably well needed, advantage is to have the attacker submit his team first, so that the defender can choose his team with the knowledge of what to defend against, while the attacker will have to choose a team without knowing exactly what he is up against.

hold
12-14-2016, 11:04 AM
One way to give the defending team a, probably well needed, advantage is to have the attacker submit his team first, so that the defender can choose his team with the knowledge of what to defend against, while the attacker will have to choose a team without knowing exactly what he is up against.

It will not work like that I suspect. You will pick a defending team (if you don't the system will pick one as far as I understood this) that will be randomly used against attackers. So you will never know against who you are fighting. Read it carefully in the help section of the app ... I might be wrong but that is how I read it.

"You are assigned a Defense team, but you can change it at anytime."