PDA

View Full Version : Skill Shard Bug in Current Version - Fixed in 2.2.1/302336

Sparton_LOTB
12-13-2016, 06:24 PM
In the update we released yesterday (December 12th), there is a bug where skill shards do not properly affect characters in combat in certain situations:

What Causes the Bug: While on Auto-play, skill shards do not function.

As a temporary work around, you can do auto-play grinding on an earlier battle in the world you normally grind, or can play normally with the full benefit of skill shards by manually playing levels.

Skill shards will return to properly affecting in the next update, which we are working to submit as soon as possible.

hold
12-13-2016, 06:33 PM
In the update we released yesterday (December 12th), there is a bug where skill shards do not properly affect characters in combat in certain situations:

What Causes the Bug: While on Auto-play, skill shards do not function.

As a temporary work around, you can do auto-play grinding on an earlier battle in the world you normally grind, or can play normally with the full benefit of skill shards by manually playing levels.

Skill shards will return to properly affecting in the next update, which we are working to submit as soon as possible.

[ ] You do realize that a lot of trooper points and a lot of loot / gold were lost and whos fault that is?

Reeb99
12-13-2016, 07:11 PM
Yeah BillLion, I, and a couple others finally figured it out over the late night / early morning. Our findings kind of got buried in all the complaints unfortunately, or we might have been able able to save you a little time trying to figure out the exact issue. Oh well, at least the issue has been identified. That's usually the hardest part heh.

invictus
12-13-2016, 07:15 PM
Sure. Manually playing levels. You do know that the job of a developer is to develop and test. I know you can't always get all the bugs out but why do I feel like we're just beta testing for you guys so you don't have to? I mean...you take forever to do anything, then you release it in a way that most people hate PLUS it's full of bugs, some serious...and on top of that the damn game doesn't work right half the time. It lags, it freezes, it just quits, and I'm still missing 2 meteor talismans and the rare soul from the daily play--with zero customer service response.

It's a joke.

Reeb99
12-13-2016, 09:42 PM
Heads up to those that used the red bat on auto:

Substitute in the red P. Sun Spirit instead if you have one of sufficient level. I can pretty much auto anything I could before by replacing the bat with the PSS, it just takes longer. Much better survivability at the moment, especially if you build your characters for 17k + life like I do.

I've been using Wicker Man, soldier Eddie, PSS just fine, and + the red rocket dog in the dungeon. Can still auto game of Death, LoL X, and circle of Fire. The red bat seems to be hit harder by this bug than most.

Witkacy
12-13-2016, 09:53 PM
Heads up to those that used the red bat on auto:

Substitute in the red P. Sun Spirit instead if you have one of sufficient level. I can pretty much auto anything I could before by replacing the bat with the PSS, it just takes longer. Much better survivability at the moment, especially if you build your characters for 17k + life like I do.

I've been using Wicker Man, soldier Eddie, PSS just fine, and + the red rocket dog in the dungeon. Can still auto game of Death, LoL X, and circle of Fire. The red bat seems to be hit harder by this bug than most.

Reeb99 :)

I DO have one and might be checking this - but a question just to be safe before: I've applied some skill shards on him as well... So I assume that they won't be working properly either (regarding healing and hitting) and he's even less durable than AOF... So what's the point of switching characters from more to less durable... Besides AOF granted a free round if any of mine eliminated the targeted enemy... I fear that PSS won't be able to delete all or most, for the sake of free round not being needed...

Cheers,

W

Papaj
12-13-2016, 10:41 PM
Up until now, I really held my criticism, but seeing as every. single. bloody. time. they introduce a new patch, some new crazy bugs are coming along, I have to ask - in regards to the skill shard bug:

How the hell do you fuck something up like that?

Seriously, how? Is there someone on the team adding some lines like "Nigel is stupid" into the game code just for the laughs?

invictus
12-13-2016, 11:34 PM
Up until now, I really held my criticism, but seeing as every. single. bloody. time. they introduce a new patch, some new crazy bugs are coming along, I have to ask - in regards to the skill shard bug:

How the hell do you fuck something up like that?

Seriously, how? Is there someone on the team adding some lines like "Nigel is stupid" into the game code just for the laughs?

^^ This.
It's almost like it's a plan of theirs.

Mizrael
12-13-2016, 11:59 PM
Or maybe it's a ghost in the shell thing and Ed Hunters spirit is haunting the game. he flies between zeroes and ones,occasionally smashing some of them. thy already released some virtual ghost busters but that only made him angry...

Shifter
12-14-2016, 12:47 AM
Well I'm not a coder by trait, just a rookie with some old Pascal skills but I would put 1000 ironite that it was when they tried to fix the shard exploit they got the mess we are now dealing with.

From Spartin's bug fixes

Characters should not use the skill shards (or lack thereof) of other characters of the same type and tier

Reeb99
12-14-2016, 04:13 AM
Reeb99 :)

I DO have one and might be checking this - but a question just to be safe before: I've applied some skill shards on him as well... So I assume that they won't be working properly either (regarding healing and hitting) and he's even less durable than AOF... So what's the point of switching characters from more to less durable... Besides AOF granted a free round if any of mine eliminated the targeted enemy... I fear that PSS won't be able to delete all or most, for the sake of free round not being needed...

Cheers,

W

Correct, the skill shards won't take effect, but at least the PSS has a heal that works on auto. Combine that with soldier Eddie and a passive buffer / damager and they are pretty resilient. You aren't going to power everything down without a healer on the higher end stuff right now without something dying. I usually run without a dedicated healer, but it just isn't reliable on auto right now without one.

konstifik
12-14-2016, 08:56 AM
Correct, the skill shards won't take effect, but at least the PSS has a heal that works on auto. Combine that with soldier Eddie and a passive buffer / damager and they are pretty resilient. You aren't going to power everything down without a healer on the higher end stuff right now without something dying. I usually run without a dedicated healer, but it just isn't reliable on auto right now without one.

I do just fine on auto without a healer, but I do have a "shielder". Soldier Eddie, Warrior Troll and Assassin Golden Son works very good for auto still, just slightly slower. The troll has his passive shield but his power ability is also a shield. And Soldier Eddie will perform some healing on auto when HP starts getting low. This team has a 100 % success rate with autoplay on Game of Death Madness with skill shard autplay bug in place. Their affinities work well with the enemy teams on Game of Death, might be worse on other levels.

konstifik
12-14-2016, 09:18 AM
Well I'm not a coder by trait, just a rookie with some old Pascal skills but I would put 1000 ironite that it was when they tried to fix the shard exploit they got the mess we are now dealing with.

Sparton confirmed in the update thread that this bug was indeed caused by the fix for the skill shard exploit bug.

Sparton_LOTB
12-15-2016, 07:05 PM
Heads up, we have an App Store update that's gone live and is propagating to regional stores; this has the following changes:

Fix for the skill shard bug on auto-battle (you and your opponents should now properly utilize invested skill shards for damage, effect chance, etc)
Fix for talisman augment triggering (instead of it triggering all or nothing, augments which affect enemies will now have a chance of triggering per enemy, like how skills work)

There are also a few other back-end stability improvements.

BillLion
12-15-2016, 07:40 PM
Heads up, we have an App Store update that's gone live and is propagating to regional stores; this has the following changes:

Fix for the skill shard bug on auto-battle (you and your opponents should now properly utilize invested skill shards for damage, effect chance, etc)
Fix for talisman augment triggering (instead of it triggering all or nothing, augments which affect enemies will now have a chance of triggering per enemy, like how skills work)

Autoplay working well again, thanks, Sparton & team!

Demoonchild
12-15-2016, 08:20 PM
Great!! Team, nice job!!
One less issue to worry about.

Ezz
12-15-2016, 08:43 PM
"Fix for talisman augment triggering (instead of it triggering all or nothing, augments which affect enemies will now have a chance of triggering per enemy, like how skills work)"

Hmmm between only a small percent chance of triggering and now a chance at only 1 or 2 enemies being affected - if it triggers the freeze talismans are less valuable than ever

Sparton_LOTB
12-15-2016, 09:11 PM
Hmmm between only a small percent chance of triggering and now a chance at only 1 or 2 enemies being affected - if it triggers the freeze talismans are less valuable than ever

Technically yes, but it's now 12% chance per enemy instead of 12% of all or nothing per attack. You'll see it trigger more often in combat on average.

Ezz
12-16-2016, 12:15 AM
"Technically yes, but it's now 12% chance per enemy instead of 12% of all or nothing per attack. You'll see it trigger more often in combat on average."

ahhhh- good to know. I suppose also if one enemy had immunity it would not trigger before but now it can on the non immune characters.

vgta99
12-16-2016, 08:42 AM

Yeahh! I can farm in auto again! Thanks for the great job of team!

konstifik
12-16-2016, 09:07 AM
"Technically yes, but it's now 12% chance per enemy instead of 12% of all or nothing per attack. You'll see it trigger more often in combat on average."

ahhhh- good to know. I suppose also if one enemy had immunity it would not trigger before but now it can on the non immune characters.

It could trigger even if an enemy had immunity before the update, it just wouldn't affect those with immunity.