PDA

View Full Version : Stage One of PVP Arena Beta Has Begun

Leviathan
12-13-2016, 06:47 PM
Hello everyone,

The Arena is taking shape! Later today our team will be opening up the PVP Arena to a limited geographic location. We are planning a staggered rollout as the beta progresses, and will open this feature to more areas prior to worldwide launch.

Our goal at this time is twofold:

Discover and fix bugs in the PVP system
Gather feedback from a concentrated group of players

Please note that PVP Arena access may be turned off and on intermittently for players in the Beta so we can implement additions and improvements.

While the beta is running, our team will continue to release new content and features to the game. If you want to learn more about PVP and how this feature will work, you can check out the "Arena Basics" section of our in-game help menu. The help section will be accessible to all players, regardless of if you're in the beta or not.

We’ll continue to update you as the beta progresses. Thanks for playing!

The Legacy of the Beast Team

ReDDy4EddY
12-13-2016, 06:59 PM
Sounds exciting!

Will the limited location be static or will be alternating between regions so that as many players as possible can take part and give input?

Can't wait (If I'm in the right region)

BillLion
12-13-2016, 07:25 PM
can you tell us which region?

MrFreeze
12-13-2016, 10:33 PM
Right. I'd like to check it out if it's an option for me. Location and times would be great

maxdeviations
12-13-2016, 10:43 PM
ok. so i have an AI controlled defense team - i see trolls all the way. unlucky i have none.
Also, i must say that the AI is not really up to the mark on most of the characters. For example :
- green golden son. i m not sure if the heal shield was fixed or not (someone please verify) but i have never seen them use this move in the LOL dungeon against me - which means they will not use it if they are on a players defense team too. i think the Assassin golden son was the same way before a tweek where he never used his undying skill.
- CR eddie preserve skill. i have see that when i autoplay with my CR eddie and my team is running low on health he will trigger a heal move. only problem is he always triggers the spell vapms (which is useless for anyone who does nt do magic damage). it would be way better if he triggered preserve instead.
- finally, people like me who have no trolls. i will be dead without getting a single turn. how will you mitigate taht.

MrFreeze
12-13-2016, 10:50 PM
It's open now then? I guess I'm not in the testing area. I got a troll and plan on using it. There are ways around them in the campaigns. Those trolls aren't maxed though. Gonna need to produce extra turns to beat them I think

Aristo4
12-14-2016, 12:50 AM
The first beta testers are notified ingame and can already play PVP. Sadly I'm not one of those though :cool:

Ringe666-7406
12-14-2016, 12:59 AM
The first beta testers are notified ingame and can already play PVP. Sadly I'm not one of those though :cool:

Not for Balkan peasants :D

Aristo4
12-14-2016, 01:01 AM

Canada gets the goods ;)

Witkacy
12-14-2016, 01:33 AM
Canada gets the goods ;)

Aristo :)

Just of pure curiosity... You know by chance how something like this is happening? Is there some kind of draw? I haven't been tested anything before... Well, at least in the subject of games...

Cheers,

W

Aristo4
12-14-2016, 01:35 AM
Aristo :)

Just of pure curiosity... You know by chance how something like this is happening? Is there some kind of draw? I haven't been tested anything before... Well, at least in the subject of games...

Cheers,

W

No idea, I don't play games the last 10 years atleast...just a friend was drawn,and I already seen how it works :cool:

zamasu
12-14-2016, 02:13 AM
Hopefully everyone gets to play it soon. When can we expect the arena open for everyone?

MrFreeze
12-14-2016, 02:30 AM
Roadhouse was in Vancouver. All the updates are still pst. My guess is nodding frog has offices there and are doing it local. Just a guess

Kaijester
12-14-2016, 02:56 AM
Awww...wish I can take part in the beta.

Hellrider
12-14-2016, 06:32 AM
Roadhouse was in Vancouver. All the updates are still pst. My guess is nodding frog has offices there and are doing it local. Just a guess

I guess they're using most of the Roadhouse development team. Just management is changed.

Kaijester
12-14-2016, 06:41 AM
Any feedback from players who are participating in the Beta? Or there's a confidentiality agreement in place, thus everyone involved is keeping mum?

Hellrider
12-14-2016, 06:46 AM
Any feedback on players who are participating in the Beta? Or there's a confidentiality agreement in place, thus everyone involved is keeping mum?

Wow, I thought you would be the first person to know this :)

Hellrider
12-14-2016, 07:06 AM
Hello everyone,

The Arena is taking shape! Later today our team will be opening up the PVP Arena to a limited geographic location. We are planning a staggered rollout as the beta progresses, and will open this feature to more areas prior to worldwide launch.

Hey Leviathan, will beta players keep their pvp awards after the beta period ?

Vertax616
12-14-2016, 07:30 AM
Hello everyone! Can anyone who participates in PvP beta share some information regarding how it plays? (If it is permitted.) I am very curious about it! :D

Leviathan
12-14-2016, 10:40 PM
Hi everyone!

To answer your questions, the PVP Arena Beta is currently opened up to Canada and we will be increasing countries over the next few weeks.

Players in the Beta will be able to keep their rewards. Please note however, that PVP leaderboards and rank history will refresh weekly.

Finally, if you are in the Beta, feel free to talk about it and post pictures! We'd love to hear your feedback.

hold
12-14-2016, 10:49 PM
Hi everyone!

To answer your questions, the PVP Arena Beta is currently opened up to Canada and we will be increasing countries over the next few weeks.

Players in the Beta will be able to keep their rewards. Please note however, that PVP leaderboards and rank history will refresh weekly.

Finally, if you are in the Beta, feel free to talk about it and post pictures! We'd love to hear your feedback.

Would it be possible not to name it PvP anymore? That sparked a lot of confusion ... it really is not PvP is it? It's Pv"RandomTeamFromYourDatabase" ... any to be honest if you would have put this like that right from start you could have spared a lot of confusion and trouble.

P.S: Skip the part of loosing victory points for a defending team and most people will love the challenge ... give the option to strike defense first and reward with more victory points. Your AI sucks (sorry for being honest) and I don't ever wnat it to fight my team ...

BillLion
12-14-2016, 11:42 PM
Hi everyone!

Thanks for the details. I can't wait for it to the USA!

Would it be possible not to name it PvP anymore? That sparked a lot of confusion ... it really is not PvP is it? It's Pv"RandomTeamFromYourDatabase" ... any to be honest if you would have put this like that right from start you could have spared a lot of confusion and trouble.

Have to disagree entirely. It is standard practice in games like this for defense teams to be actual players' teams controlled by AI. Changing the name would add not remove confusion.

Eagleknight
12-15-2016, 12:17 AM
To be honest from the sounds of it I won't mind it that much. Yea it's not traditional pvp but if all defensive teams are run by AI then no one can complain that oh I lost cause I didn't attack first. Also it looks like the allow you to build a team strictly for playing defense kinda cool compromise. So every one builds a defense team and a team to play offense with should be fun.

However, with this type of pvp see no reason for all the nerfs that have taken place.

I wish we
Would hear some feedback from beta testers. When they are not held to scilence,which they are not, part of being a tester is to provide info on how everything is going reporting observations, bugs, and their thoughts on the game. So please speak up 🇨🇦 Canada. Thanks!

Kaijester
12-15-2016, 01:09 AM
WooHooo...Arena begun. Defeated Billion's team, good fight!

FlyingV
12-15-2016, 01:13 AM

The impression I get is this will be the rule, no matter what nerfs are done. Human > AI. Unless one is inexperienced or outclassed, this should not be much of a challenge in general.

Kaijester
12-15-2016, 01:20 AM
The fun thing is it seems to be random to which team starts first. So setting up an Offensive team for Defense Team might just work...

Kaijester
12-15-2016, 03:39 AM
What is the intended Sands of War refill timer?
I've seen it jump from 15mins to 32mins and to 38mins to refill one SoW...?

PerthEddie
12-15-2016, 04:54 AM

I must admit that all along I have had no interest in PvP. However, now it is here I am intrigued. I thought they had rolled it out to Australia now when I saw your post but it looks like they haven't and it may be as you are a Moderator they have put you in (as they should for the work you do on the forums :))

Nicko
12-15-2016, 05:21 AM
Hi everyone!

C'mon folks - pipe up!

Kai and Bill - details? What were the teams? How'd it work? Where you happy with the AI?

Looking forward to some feedback from the beta testers!

Kaijester
12-15-2016, 05:28 AM
It's fun! I battled against Rank 4th Leclerc570 defense team and almost lost. It was like both last man standing down to last hit, my Prisoner VS his allied bomber which luckily I transferred the burns to him and won with next to 1% health...

Alot of possible good defense team that are hard to beat, not only by their skill also by talisman setup. All opponent stats are hidden so you won't know what they can do with their talisman.

Kaijester
12-15-2016, 05:34 AM
Think there's a bug with the timer, timer reset to 48min after last Arena battle. It keeps getting longer.

Hellrider
12-15-2016, 05:38 AM

I'm really pissed about this. After the game lunch beta testers were way ahead of the rest of us. Now, same thing in PvP.

Kaijester
12-15-2016, 06:27 AM
10 characters

Eagleknight
12-15-2016, 08:18 AM
I don't have access yet. Have you fought my team? It may be that its drawing from everyone even if they don't have access.

Kaijester
12-15-2016, 08:23 AM
Nope, only Trooper with access to Arena are listed in the Trooper Ranking screen.

Roquetas-5312
12-15-2016, 08:57 AM
Think there's a bug with the timer, timer reset to 48min after last Arena battle. It keeps getting longer.

Could be intentional to limit amount of fights you have but seems crazy when you can buy sow

Heavy1974
12-15-2016, 11:08 AM
Is there a timeline, which countries will join the Arena ?

Frost
12-15-2016, 11:32 AM
Is it like normal game where one tem has the turn and all chars attack and then the other team all chars attack, or is it team A char 1 attack, team B char 2 attack, team A char 4 attack, team B char 4 attack and so on?

Also, do you build your teams or the game build them for you?

BillLion
12-15-2016, 12:40 PM

Well done! I tried to get "revenge" this AM but I guess it only keeps a certain # of recent battles in the log. I'll be coming after you soon...

Ringe666-7406
12-15-2016, 12:47 PM
Some video here would be nice :) Kai, Bill, do you use some sentinel team for defence or what? Thanks \m/

Kaijester
12-15-2016, 12:49 PM
Despite all the fun about Arena, it seems like endless revenge will get us no where as our rank points will become static. With that thought, does it mean that everyone should hunt for weaker players to gain more rank points that won't be "revenge" back?

And also, the highest in rank would prob be the one able to spend Ironites on SoW refills.

But still, the common players will still gain Iron Coins and get some good stuff eventually.

BillLion
12-15-2016, 01:00 PM
Some video here would be nice :) Kai, Bill, do you use some sentinel team for defence or what? Thanks \m/

I have 2 sentinels on defense -and 2 surprised ;)

BillLion
12-15-2016, 01:02 PM
Despite all the fun about Arena, it seems like endless revenge will get us no where as our rank points will become static. With that thought, does it mean that everyone should hunt for weaker players to gain more rank points that won't be "revenge" back?

And also, the highest in rank would prob be the one able to spend Ironites on SoW refills.

But still, the common players will still gain Iron Coins and get some good stuff eventually.

Do you know how many points we lose when our defense loses? I think I have a decent team, but lost 9/10 defensive battles (won 100% offensive). This could keep players stuck in a loop. My hope is defensive losses are less points than offensive wins so you can at least keep climbing (though slowed) even if the AI causes your defense team to lose.

Kaijester
12-15-2016, 01:06 PM
It's shown the same when we won 15 points, your opponent lose 15 points from the same battle.

BillLion
12-15-2016, 01:13 PM
It's shown the same when we won 15 points, your opponent lose 15 points from the same battle.

Just picked that up. The devs may want to consider adjusting that to make a point difference between wins and losses. Maybe offensive losses deduct 50% of the points the offensive team wins. Otherwise it will be frustrating to wake up to a 100% loss of yesterday's gains.

I get that the top tier players will always be those that refresh with ironite, but you should be able to have decent, moderate progress without playing 24/7.

For end game players most of us will be able to beat AI versions of each other's teams with little trouble.

But again, overall I really like it so far.

PS: Sorry -I'm not the guy that's going to be able to post video. :) Maybe a more tech savvy player can hook that up.

BillLion
12-15-2016, 01:16 PM
Just noticed something-when you adjust your offense team in PVP it also changes your campaign team (and vice versa). To me it would be nice to keep these totally separate and not allow one to change the other (too much back & forth adjustments required this way).

Kaijester
12-15-2016, 01:17 PM

I'm still switching my defense around and learning from the top ranked players...and I'm also unable to post video. Me only meme.

Ringe666-7406
12-15-2016, 01:37 PM

I'm still not in but I'm thinking about Rocket dog and Wicker Man (both can be kinda tanky without losing much attack, plus they give heal, attack and defense), Mummy for taunting and tankiness and green bomber boy for MR and healing Mummy. If they survive, they can fuck shit up pretty much :D

No problem for videos, someone will get them sometimes ;)

aur0ra85
12-15-2016, 01:46 PM

This is probably personal ;)
Lol

Ringe666-7406
12-15-2016, 01:52 PM
This is probably personal ;)
Lol

Pro'bly not, I'll have to disappoint you :P Ari is a good fella, we just share unfortune of being on the same peninsula :D

aur0ra85
12-15-2016, 02:18 PM
Pro'bly not, I'll have to disappoint you :P Ari is a good fella, we just share unfortune of being on the same peninsula :D

You missed the pun but I'm okay with that lol.

Sparton_LOTB
12-15-2016, 07:40 PM

The sand recharge time right now is 1 every 45 minutes. It does do something wonky where the first energy you spend could take anywhere from 1 second to 45 minutes for the next one, though (a bug that occurs for Sands of Time, too... but the campaign energy has a much shorter time, so it's less likely to notice it). That said...

That's definitely wonky. I'll pass that along to be investigated.

Is there a timeline, which countries will join the Arena ?

We don't have a specific plan, sadly. It largely depends on how the feature scales with our tech as more people use it (especially during the event reset period), so we can't say if and until something goes wonky and we find out if it'll be risky to expand the beta pool further.

Just picked that up. The devs may want to consider adjusting that to make a point difference between wins and losses. Maybe offensive losses deduct 50% of the points the offensive team wins. Otherwise it will be frustrating to wake up to a 100% loss of yesterday's gains.

We'll take the points thing into consideration. As fewer and fewer people get to high point amounts, it'll be harder for them to get more points over time, but we still want an engaged player to be able to be making more progress than they're losing, so we'll keep an eye on how that shakes out with actual play patterns.

I get that the top tier players will always be those that refresh with ironite, but you should be able to have decent, moderate progress without playing 24/7.

Yeah, that's part of the reason why we have the long Sands of War recharge time right now... we want to see if this feels accessible to more people without needing to come back every hour or two to feel like you have a chance at keeping pace.

For end game players most of us will be able to beat AI versions of each other's teams with little trouble.

Well, the awful skill shard bug on auto (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?4528) is actually making beating defenses a fair bit easier right now (since the AI is always playing on auto... so they're not getting skill shard investment taken into account). The app store update that is just propagating to people's app stores now has a fix for this at least, so be aware after you update!

Just noticed something-when you adjust your offense team in PVP it also changes your campaign team (and vice versa). To me it would be nice to keep these totally separate and not allow one to change the other (too much back & forth adjustments required this way).

Yeah, it looks like we fixed before release the bug of your campaign team being copied over for your PVP attack team, but missed fixing it the other way. I'll make sure we have that logged to get fixed sooner rather than later.

BillLion
12-15-2016, 08:26 PM
Yeah, that's part of the reason why we have the long Sands of War recharge time right now... we want to see if this feels accessible to more people without needing to come back every hour or two to feel like you have a chance at keeping pace.

Appreciate all the replies, Sparton. And I wholeheartedly agree with THIS. I love that there'll be more to keep players engaged AND that it doesn't have to go to the other extreme of being a total grind-fest. Thank you for working to strike the balance there.

RCarter
12-15-2016, 10:12 PM

Last game I played with an asynchronous PVP set up like this one had a difference in points won and lost.

I think it was something like 10 points for an attack victory, and a deduction of 3 points for a defensive loss. I don't remember how many points gained for a defensive victory, because it was so rare.

It worked out pretty well. You kept some progress.

Schadenfreud-0217
12-16-2016, 12:53 PM
Ah, you lucky bastards got into the beta! And I'm still stuck farming Skill Shards all day long :(

Schadenfreud-0217
12-16-2016, 01:02 PM
Also, question:
Do you have to only kill Eddie again to win/lose or do you have to kill the allies too?

konstifik
12-16-2016, 01:10 PM
Last game I played with an asynchronous PVP set up like this one had a difference in points won and lost.

I think it was something like 10 points for an attack victory, and a deduction of 3 points for a defensive loss. I don't remember how many points gained for a defensive victory, because it was so rare.

It worked out pretty well. You kept some progress.

I think I would actually prefer if it stays the way it is. If the net of an attack victory and a defending loss is positive, you can just spend ironite on SoW to get as many games as possible. As long as you keep on winning the attacks, you wouldn't have to worry about defense. So I think it would risk getting too much of a pay-to-win-situation and too little about good team building and strategic thought.

The way it is now, you have to both think hard about your defending team and also put some thought into who you choose to attack and which attacks on you that you want to retaliate against.

konstifik
12-16-2016, 01:22 PM
I've only been in the beta since this morning but I have to say it proves to be a lot of fun so far. This is gameplay that requires some thought, in contrast to the mindnumbing (auto)farming in the dungeons. Not only because of the more advanced teams you fight, but also because the random starting turn (and the fact that the starting team gets less power points from the start) which forces you to plan for two different scenarios. It also gives a whole new dimension to the team building part of the game. What characters to evolve, what talismans to level up and even where to put your skill shards are now different questions compared to when we only had PVE.

Also a lot of fun when you get to take on players that you know from the forum and/or from your troopers. I have so far beat slauki (who was quick to beat me back) and one or two of my troopers.

Heavy1974
12-16-2016, 01:38 PM
I must admit that i am a bit jelaous...
Hope Germany comes soon to play it

hold
12-16-2016, 01:43 PM
Also, question:
Do you have to only kill Eddie again to win/lose or do you have to kill the allies too?

I asked that question before and it is "last man standing" ... killing just Eddie does not do the trick.

Robbienono
12-16-2016, 05:01 PM
How is it that when I play arena and the wife plays a little later , when she wants to fight myself i only have my Eddie in the box and not a full team ?

Nicko
12-16-2016, 05:08 PM
How is it that when I play arena and the wife plays a little later , when she wants to fight myself i only have my Eddie in the box and not a full team ?

You need to hit the Defense tab, hit the "Manage Defense" button, and put together a separate team for defense. Otherwise it will just be a random Eddie of yours facing opponents, and you'll be sliced up like roast beef

Sussexsaint
12-16-2016, 06:15 PM
Any way to get in on the Beta?

Dank Brew
12-16-2016, 06:22 PM
Time to test it out! :D

Dank Brew
12-16-2016, 06:24 PM
Well, first thing first... Went to test Def, kicked my own ass. Then they just sit there and stare at me, no exit button or nothing. lol, i guess i'll restart the app.

konstifik
12-16-2016, 06:31 PM
Well, first thing first... Went to test Def, kicked my own ass. Then they just sit there and stare at me, no exit button or nothing. lol, i guess i'll restart the app.

Yeah, testing the defense is buggy, what you describe happened to me as well.

Atheist
12-16-2016, 06:34 PM
Yeah, testing the defense is buggy, what you describe happened to me as well.

Yeap I can confirm it also. 3/5 times I played defense after winning the game bugged and not responding. Just showing my victorious team for ever.

Dank Brew
12-16-2016, 06:34 PM
I'm really gonna have to grind alot more... My characters freaking suck on def. lmao. Need to work on my other characters talismans, damn I hate fishing for runes.

Dank Brew
12-16-2016, 06:53 PM
well, finished my first 10 enemies... Won them all easily. It goes a bit quick if its not a good matchup. Which none of them were lol. Next round of enemies in 30 mins... Hopefully i'll get atleast one tough guy in there.

Dank Brew
12-16-2016, 07:02 PM
Omg, I just looked at the rewards... I'm done for. You guys are never gonna let me off my phone again :O
Must reach the top!!! already rank 68 and I just started! :D
I might be a little too excited...

konstifik
12-16-2016, 07:13 PM
Omg, I just looked at the rewards... I'm done for. You guys are never gonna let me off my phone again :O
Must reach the top!!! already rank 68 and I just started! :D
I might be a little too excited...

Just wait until all the players you attacked retaliate and take back the points you took from them ;)

Atheist
12-16-2016, 07:24 PM
Instead of spamming you know you can edit your original post right?
Thanks in advance!

Heavy1974
12-16-2016, 09:16 PM
Oh man. Sounds pretty interesting. Want Arena NOW

FlyingV
12-16-2016, 09:21 PM
For some reason my secondary account is online while my primary does not have access. I have logged on and off between them a few times with the same results. I wonder if there is a random lottery to this.

konstifik
12-16-2016, 10:08 PM
For some reason my secondary account is online while my primary does not have access. I have logged on and off between them a few times with the same results. I wonder if there is a random lottery to this.

And I've been kicked out again (although they have said that access can come and go in the beta phase so it's fine). It seems like my team is still in there though as I have a red 1 on my Arena icon which indicates I've been attacked.

Sparton_LOTB
12-16-2016, 10:10 PM

It looks like there was a brief outage for some players flagged for the beta not able to participate; that should be corrected now.

Thanks for the heads up.

EDIT: Or... maybe not? Still investigating, but I think it's fixed for some people.

MrFreeze
12-16-2016, 10:17 PM
I keep logging in hoping to see it. I'll have to live vicariously through these post a while longer I suppose

FlyingV
12-16-2016, 11:21 PM
Primary account is online now.

I had a victory screen freeze after testing my defense, nice looking screenshot of the party.

I thought there might have been a bug earlier where I froze a team but they attacked next round regardless. This was with secondary account.

This time I went against a party with AoF and I had the first round. They made no kill on two but took a second attack regardless, so I am guessing there's a glitch there. That took out my CotD and my troll went next. Nevertheless, I hung on, ressurected CotD next round and came back from the brink to beat the hell out of that team.

It does feel good to see your hard work pay off against others in the arena.

slauki
12-17-2016, 12:46 AM
This time I went against a party with AoF and I had the first round. They made no kill on two but took a second attack regardless, so I am guessing there's a glitch there. .

had an similar issue vs a team with a tailgunner. the whole party became an extra turn for no reason. not sure what went wrong, he didn't even use his fury, and the other chars had no extra turn abilities.

but all in all PVP is really great, i think you finally turned the tables. longterm motivation not a problem anymore. really smart designed feature, with very few inherent bugs. my only consideration is that it's kind of pay to win. who wants to refill SOW more often, he will be at the top of the leaderboard. but nothing we can do about it, i guess you guys want to get paid too :)

one suggestion: it would be great if you could sync SOT and SOW so that they need the same time to refill. would make RL much easier for many hardcore gamer ;-)

if you could solve the xp-runes problematic soon,and release PVP worldwide things would be very good i think. keep up the good work!

Witkacy
12-17-2016, 04:14 AM
Evening folks :)

As Flying already said after testing the defense my 2nd team got frozen after the victory - had to kill the app manually...

Besides... (as all the battles I play also manually - simply don't trust the AI far too much) noticed that the buttons on the screen not responding well and this is happening almost in every battle... So quite often miss perfect hits...

The best for the end :)

I would like to thank you (whoever you are) to let me try... I am fairly pleased apart these things I've mentioned above - yet I understand that this is beta - and those issues will be fixed in time...

I have to say that this thing have catched me more than campaign... Not played far too many battles to write something more and not have discovered all the features yet, but good job devs so far! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/Mr.Maiden/Emoticons/edhorns.gif

Cheers,

W

konstifik
12-17-2016, 06:13 AM
I've been attacked by the same player at least four times during the night. Should that be possible? I could of course have ended up on his list of 10 over and over but that doesn't seem to likely? I have not attacked him, and he won every time against my defense.

R1ck
12-17-2016, 12:31 PM
That doesn't mean you can not win, I was attacked also by miklos 2 times while sleeping, this guy is number 1 in the rank. I took my chance and beat him in 2 rounds even when his team started. Only two of my toons are fully sharded. So far almost everyone beats my defence but when I play revenge manually always win.

konstifik
12-17-2016, 12:39 PM
That doesn't mean you can not win, I was attacked also by miklos 2 times while sleeping, this guy is number 1 in the rank. I took my chance and beat him in 2 rounds even when his team started. Only two of my toons are fully sharded. So far almost everyone beats my defence but when I play revenge manually always win.

My point is my question if it's supposed to be like that (because I don't even know how I could attack the same player over and over, unless he shows up in my list multiple times, which of course could happen).

Esquatcho
12-17-2016, 02:00 PM
My point is my question if it's supposed to be like that (because I don't even know how I could attack the same player over and over, unless he shows up in my list multiple times, which of course could happen).

Not spent any ironite yet, but pretty sure thats how you do it.

FlyingV
12-17-2016, 02:51 PM

Miklos is the guy who has attacked the world over, multiple times: win, lose or draw. Either Miklos has spent an insane amount of ironite or has hacked/enjoyed fruits of an exploit.

Things are what they are as a beta... unlike the game proper, one can't be upset over breaks/exploits while in beta phase.

What should be revised though is multiple attacks on the same player after a victory is achieved. It is understandable here that paid players have only so many opponents to (re)fight, but this should not be the case in the actual game regardless of popularity.

It's one thing to make your living, beating up the CotD in Game of Death all day long. It's a different thing entirely doing so by beating up on some players who can't even revenge successfully against the overwhelming attacker.

revenge does seem like tedious ping-pong. Maybe a limit 2 victories per side per battle.

Witkacy
12-17-2016, 03:20 PM
Afternoon folks :)

I have one question to the experienced someone... How is it like with ''revenge''? I got attacked, lost (well not me personally, but AI) and have the chance for rematch - that's obvious and no further explanations needed; yet I've got attacked, defended myself (AI again - I suppose that someone who played failed?) and I still have the option to rematch - revenge? Why should I revenge myself as my opponent/attacker in this case is done? For the fact I've been attacked?

Cheers,

W

Nicko
12-17-2016, 03:34 PM
For those wondering how there defense is doing, you can hit the ranking tab, click on the little histogram on the bottom left and see a percentage.

I've learned a few things so far:

1) Who goes first really does matter, especially when the opponent stacks with glass cannons/ability disablers. Even then, though, there are ways to get around it. Definitely more strategy than anything we've done before. But the only times I've lost as attacker are when the opponent goes first.

2) Certain characters and combos are starting to emerge as defensive stars. They're not necessarily the ones we expected. Like anything, the more you play the more you learn.

3) Still wondering how the store will work. Everything is limited to 1x/week (or month for legendary soul). Frequent players will have WAY more iron coins than they can spend. How is the store being developed?

4) The last two nights I went to bed around 1 am Central USA time ranked #1. Yesterday morning I awoke #3, and this morning #8. Once this goes full scale and open to everyone, it's going to take a boatload of gameplay hours (and hence Ironite) to stay top 10. For me that means choosing between the battle for top 10 or my marriage, and I'm going to have to choose my marriage (sorry Eddie). And still have Troopers to play! I will participate in the arena cause it's fun, but fighting to stay competitive is definitely a full time job. I wish those who will fight for the top best of luck!

BillLion
12-17-2016, 03:36 PM
Once this goes full scale and open to everyone, it's going to take a boatload of gameplay hours (and hence Ironite) to stay top 10. For me that means choosing between the battle for top 10 or my marriage, and I'm going to have to choose my marriage (sorry Eddie). And still have Troopers to play! I will participate in the arena cause it's fun, but fighting to stay competitive is definitely a full time job. I wish those who will fight for the top best of luck!

You and me both, brother!

But like you said, it's still worth participating in the arena even if you don't have the $ or time to crack the top ranks.

FlyingV
12-17-2016, 03:59 PM
Afternoon folks :)

I have one question to the experienced someone... How is it like with ''revenge''? I got attacked, lost (well not me personally, but AI) and have the chance for rematch - that's obvious and no further explanations needed; yet I've got attacked, defended myself (AI again - I suppose that someone who played failed?) and I still have the option to rematch - revenge? Why should I revenge myself as my opponent/attacker in this case is done? For the fact I've been attacked?

Cheers,

W

"Revenge" is a word that suggests an action to get even with somebody for a harm done.

"Retaliate" is a word that suggests a response to another, regardless of whether you are getting even.

The way it works now, the "revenge" option is really a "retaliate" option that like most retaliations, goes on and on.

konstifik
12-18-2016, 11:49 AM
Since BNW is not released yet, PVP is the first time that we get to play against the BNW characters.

vgta99
12-19-2016, 07:14 AM
Yeah! I made it! ;)

PS-RagE
12-20-2016, 07:50 PM
Yeah! I made it! ;)

... and I dropped down to #20

Got to play non-stop to keep on top. Not really an option during the work week. :(

Frost
12-20-2016, 11:10 PM
Cool, me as HUE HUE HUE BR BR BR will enjoy testing in our primitive 4G and cable!!!

Now I know why you guys put rune upgrades in store and I'm pretty pissed with myself that i did not buy them... Needing a ton of upgrade talismans materials!!!

Found it cool, even with the AI defending. Got some pretty solid defense teams!!!

And now more than ever skill shards will rule who win and who lose.

vgta99
12-21-2016, 06:55 AM
... and I dropped down to #20

Got to play non-stop to keep on top. Not really an option during the work week. :(

Yeah, that's the game! Only rich nolife can win...

Esquatcho
12-21-2016, 07:24 AM
How much of the current ironite spending is currently just because its a new released beta?

Im guessing that as things settle down, the amount people are willing to spend on PvP will be more along the lines of what the potential rewards might be. Of course, those that play the most will have the biggest advantage, both from gaining ironite from the campaign and also being able to maximise the ToS/SoW available.

konstifik
12-21-2016, 08:07 AM
Has anyone been able to win more than 6 Iron Coins in a match? The reward seems to increase from 5 to 6 when you pass 1100 (or thereabouts) trophy points. But are there higher thresholds to earn even more per win?

Kaijester
12-21-2016, 08:19 AM
Yes, I was getting 7 coins last week, think past 1500.

Frost
12-21-2016, 11:45 AM
- Starting the battle, win 80%
- Not starting the battle, lose 80%
- Troll and enemy starting, 95% lose
- Troll and enemy not starting, lose 70%

Yay troll is way more dangerous than Corrupt General...

Aristo4
12-21-2016, 01:54 PM
Nah, that's just relative, and team dependand....IMO.

I for example have WAY more problems with CG's stunning up to 4 of my guys (all) even if I have the first turn , than Trolls (since I negate its passive with my death dog)

:cool:

BillLion
12-21-2016, 02:35 PM
Nah, that's just relative, and team dependand....IMO.

I for example have WAY more problems with CG's stunning up to 4 of my guys (all) even if I have the first turn , than Trolls (since I negate its passive with my death dog)

:cool:

Agreed that even the nerfed CG is a mighty foe in PVP w/ his stuns. There are other characters I don't like to face but I'll leave that fun for others to discover :)

maxdeviations
12-21-2016, 02:55 PM
i agree with bill, even with the nerf CG is too OP. and if the enemy goes first it almost always a defeat for me. he stuns atleast 2 of my toon.
trolls are dangerous but CG is worse. if there is a GR eddie - that is the worst team to fight - if the team other team starts first and GR gets an extra turn (which happens a lot) one character is just dead.

PS-RagE
12-21-2016, 03:59 PM

I've learned to Fear The Reaper.

If my team survives the opening salvo intact, I can usually still win the match.

Stunners and taunters are the worst, IMO.

Lag kills in the Arena

Nicko
12-21-2016, 04:28 PM
I never developed Grim Reaper because he requires a boatload of skillshards, but for those who did he's certainly paying dividends. One of my a Troopers has a GR with Slash leveled to 5. He's brutal!

Eagleknight
12-21-2016, 07:11 PM
I know this has been mentioned before but, I really noticed it this morning when I logged in. Went to bed #1 woke up #35 . This really wasn't the problem, the problem is that I can't revenge Everyone that ganked me while I was sleeping. 10 defense slots isn't enough.

maxdeviations
12-21-2016, 07:17 PM
maintenance break in an hour. hold on to your nips and nuts

Eagleknight
12-21-2016, 07:19 PM
maintenance break in an hour. hold on to your nips and nuts

Think it was supposed to have started 18 minutes ago it's 11:18 PST now.

PS-RagE
12-21-2016, 07:22 PM
I know this has been mentioned before but, I really noticed it this morning when I logged in. Went to bed #1 woke up #35 . This really wasn't the problem, the problem is that I can't revenge Everyone that ganked me while I was sleeping. 10 defense slots isn't enough.

I've stopped "Revenge"-ing. Seems to be an endless back and forth only losing SoW and not gaining any ground on the standings.

Nicko
12-21-2016, 07:23 PM

I'm hoping this goes away when PvP is fully live as there will be more players and hopefully you won't get attacked as much. Right now it's really frustrating.

Nicko
12-21-2016, 07:25 PM
I've stopped "Revenge"-ing. Seems to be an endless back and forth only losing SoW and not gaining any ground on the standings.

The problem is you win more points revenging than attacking new opponents. And when you attack new ones, you're "poking the hornets nest" for them to come back and get revenge on you

maxdeviations
12-21-2016, 07:44 PM
Think it was supposed to have started 18 minutes ago it's 11:18 PST now.

ohh .. my notification said noon.

PS-RagE
12-21-2016, 07:53 PM
The problem is you win more points revenging than attacking new opponents. And when you attack new ones, you're "poking the hornets nest" for them to come back and get revenge on you

Its funny you should mention that. Just now, I had the same player listed twice in my "Revenge" list. The first match I beat him and got +5 points. The second match, he wiped out my team on his opening move and I lost 11!

osiris0000
12-21-2016, 08:11 PM
i agree with bill, even with the nerf CG is too OP. and if the enemy goes first it almost always a defeat for me. he stuns atleast 2 of my toon.
trolls are dangerous but CG is worse. if there is a GR eddie - that is the worst team to fight - if the team other team starts first and GR gets an extra turn (which happens a lot) one character is just dead.

Indeed, but since he is the most nerfed character in the game (got 2 nerfs, ouch) and shown as a top prize, he deserves respect and being OP. But for me, the worst OP synergy happens with this 2 chars in any team:

Red Troll and Prisoner in same line. Attack or Defense, almost unbeatable in both situations. Even you get the first turn and have a Red Troll, you can't have the shield because of Prisoner's passive + and when you attack you get true damage back because of the Troll's shield. Worst thing is harder you hit, you get harder damage back, it doesn't matter how many heavy hitters you have. Your team's HP goes down to halfway, now guess what? It's time for defence team's turn:

After just one strong punch from Red Troll, you will be looking to shiny "DEFEAT" text with tears in your eyes. But don't jump of a rooftop! :cool:

BillLion
12-21-2016, 08:16 PM
Indeed, but since he is the most nerfed character in the game (got 2 nerfs, ouch) and shown as a top prize, he deserves respect and being OP. But for me, the worst OP synergy happens with this 2 chars in any team:

Red Troll and Prisoner in same line. Attack or Defense, almost unbeatable in both situations. Even you get the first turn and have a Red Troll, you can't have the shield because of Prisoner's passive + and when you attack you get true damage back because of the Troll's shield. Worst thing is harder you hit, you get harder damage back, it doesn't matter how many heavy hitters you have. Your team's HP goes down to halfway, now guess what? It's time for defence team's turn:

After just one strong punch from Red Troll, you will be looking to shiny "DEFEAT" text with tears in your eyes. But don't jump of a rooftop! :cool:

Ha, nice battle recap.

slauki
12-21-2016, 08:25 PM

there are workarounds, but i expect the devs to bring in more balance soon. don't agree with the OPness of CG he's damn strong, but def not OP anymore, since he is pretty easy to counter with some specific characters. i have to say, that the most chars seem to be in balance, but some tweaks are needed for sure.

Witkacy
12-21-2016, 08:35 PM

EK :)

For you probably not - but for me there's some kind of problem - wake up and saw being #45 and knowing that I can't revenge all having this what I have for now... Well... We all must not sleep then LOL - I've been first once for some time, yet I played all night long... Sad thing that at some point gave up and went to bed... when I woke up and checked was #20 LOL... But at least I've made a screenshot of this heroic achievement done LOL

I'm hoping this goes away when PvP is fully live as there will be more players and hopefully you won't get attacked as much. Right now it's really frustrating.

Nicko :)

Look, who's talking LOL

there are workarounds...

slauki :)

Sure there are... Having The Prisoner for yourself, right? ;)

Cheers,

W

Zapathusara
12-21-2016, 09:00 PM
Finally a taste of this. I managed to be in top 50 for the last 24h. So far, spend 2 refills, cuz I really loved playing this.

But I agree. Whoever strikes first can get a win without be damaged. I included. I loop some extra turns and freezes, plus GR or timely Stuns from Smokie.

But got some really awesome and close battles that pasts the first-win-lose round.

I think Gunner CotD, Energy Talismans and like are more attractive now. Freezes and stun, with Accuracy buff, are arguably OP.

But I'm in love with PvP already. All weeks getting Toons to diversify are paid off.

Nicko
12-21-2016, 09:13 PM
Nicko :)

Look, who's talking LOL

Cheers,

W

Hey - I drop as much as anyone as the Europeans attack us in our sleep!

We just get our revenge the next day ;)

Nicko
12-21-2016, 09:17 PM

Cheers,

W

Prisoners are useless against CGs - they get frozen and stunned just like everyone else!

slauki
12-21-2016, 09:19 PM
EK :)

Cheers,

W

prisoner won't help you much vs. corrupt general, when he is stunned ;)

BillLion
12-21-2016, 09:25 PM
The changes to PVP beta in today's update are moving things in the right direction.

Bradata
12-21-2016, 09:34 PM
I just played a few rounds and I would say that the player with the best choice of talismans on his characters maxed out will do OK in the game. Now we know why we were offered those deals for upgrading talismans...
As many of us said it it's just a game. We lose some, we win some.

Ringe666-7406
12-21-2016, 10:15 PM
I just played a few rounds and I would say that the player with the best choice of talismans on his characters maxed out will do OK in the game. Now we know why we were offered those deals for upgrading talismans...
As many of us said it it's just a game. We lose some, we win some.

How much ironite you spend a day? I suppose you don't like "losing some" matches, do ya?

The Educated fool
12-21-2016, 10:30 PM
I have a question for the developers:

I'm curious... as of today, it seems that any defence team that beats me--regardless of whether that player is ranked higher than me or not--now takes 12 points from my team. Based on how many points I've lost today, it seems that my defence team is giving up 12 points regardless of rank too. Is this a glitch, or were things changed like this for everyone with the new update?

Bradata
12-21-2016, 10:31 PM
How much ironite you spend a day? I suppose you don't like "losing some" matches, do ya?

No offense, as I just stated I just started playing it and don't really know if there are some rules in this. I apologize if I did you wrong. Honestly, I haven't use ironite in the PVP yet I use it in the regular game to refill SOT so I can get my talismans up to the max. Played the regular game for a while thinking that I do good but seeing you guys I realize that I have much more to learn. Good luck in the game all!

Ringe666-7406
12-21-2016, 10:38 PM
No offense, as I just stated I just started playing it and don't really know if there are some rules in this. I apologize if I did you wrong. Honestly, I haven't use ironite in the PVP yet I use it in the regular game to refill SOT so I can get my talismans up to the max. Played the regular game for a while thinking that I do good but seeing you guys I realize that I have much more to learn. Good luck in the game all!

Haven't done wrong dude, this is still just a game, but we all wanna waste our SoWs playing different teams and seeing how it works out for us... And 12 points back and forth brings progress to noone ;)

Bradata
12-21-2016, 11:07 PM
Haven't done wrong dude, this is still just a game, but we all wanna waste our SoWs playing different teams and seeing how it works out for us... And 12 points back and forth brings progress to noone ;)
My bad, you're right. Point taken.

Ringe666-7406
12-21-2016, 11:33 PM
My bad, you're right. Point taken.

No probs ;) \m/

Nicko
12-21-2016, 11:37 PM

Problem is someone has to give - and no one wants to surrender those 12 points cause attacking new opponents will just bring MORE people after you to steal 12 points.

BillLion
12-21-2016, 11:41 PM
Problem is someone has to give - and no one wants to surrender those 12 points cause attacking new opponents will just bring MORE people after you to steal 12 points.

This is why I suggested you get revenge ONE time and the one claiming vengeance gets their points back but they are not deducted from the original attacker. Nobody's feelings are hurt and everyone can move along without endless cycles of revenge. :)

konstifik
12-22-2016, 07:17 AM

I have had no problems at all beating teams with The Prisoner and Warrior Troll. Of course such a team can be very tough if the other two chars on the team are chosen wisely, but those two together does not guarantee a win.

osiris0000
12-22-2016, 11:43 AM
I have had no problems at all beating teams with The Prisoner and Warrior Troll. Of course such a team can be very tough if the other two chars on the team are chosen wisely, but those two together does not guarantee a win.

I also beat them, but it is quite tough. They are "almost" unbeatable, when they get the first turn advantage. Great pair especially for defense. As far as i have seen, "Debuff" is the king in PVP, especially between the top-tier players. Because top-tier players usually have a group important full maxed chars, this is why i see a constant victory & defeat balance loop between forumers. I wonder how it will work when PVP will be released out for worldwide.

Nicko
12-22-2016, 02:32 PM

Hmmm...coincidence?

Vertax616
12-22-2016, 07:39 PM
Yeap I can confirm it also. 3/5 times I played defense after winning the game bugged and not responding. Just showing my victorious team for ever.

Hello! I couldn't send you a visitor message I don't know why... So I write you from here Atheist. Thank you very much for your PvP Arena video on Youtube! I wasn't sure if I could find a video of it but thankfully you did a great informative video on it. It looks fantastic right now. One small thing, I hope "Future" screen with blue dark background will be "Normal" background. Right now fully orange background on "Normal" would distract me I think.

Bradata
12-22-2016, 08:53 PM
This is why I suggested you get revenge ONE time and the one claiming vengeance gets their points back but they are not deducted from the original attacker. Nobody's feelings are hurt and everyone can move along without endless cycles of revenge. :)

I second that suggestion, game would be better with this added to it.

Ringe666-7406
12-23-2016, 11:31 PM
I second that suggestion, game would be better with this added to it.

Me too :D Hope the devs will accept this one...

OdoyleRules007
12-24-2016, 04:30 PM

Is there going to be some kind of open market with trading/buying/selling? I have 4 Trolls and I would think some users could used a few of them.

Nicko
12-24-2016, 04:37 PM
Is there going to be some kind of open market with trading/buying/selling? I have 4 Trolls and I would think some users could used a few of them.

I doubt it, cause then you'd have little desire to either purchase or grind for souls which helps support the game

OdoyleRules007
12-24-2016, 04:42 PM
I doubt it, cause then you'd have little desire to either purchase or grind for souls which helps support the game

Yeah, that makes sense. When its all said and done, its all about the bottom line. I just can't believe the amount of money people are spending just because they want that 'new Eddie.' I am just content with the Samurai and Grim Reaper Eddie. Fear if the Dark and Storm are cool, but they just sit there in the collection.

wailenhalen18
01-06-2017, 02:40 AM
How do i get in on the beta testing???????

Please?

Roquetas-5312
01-06-2017, 09:21 AM
I understand the need to try out things as this is beta but if your idea was to wipe out all the fun and stop people spending ironite then you have succeeded with these changes, congratulations

I lost 10 times overnight and lost 215 points unless I win every battle today I will finish the day with lower points.
While you are trying to level the playing field we only have the option to attack 20 players max and tbh an even fight is a 50/50 battle as first starting wins.
Coins is now reduced dramatically unless you spend ironite

In future please ask players the effects of changing before using the hat you seem to be using to get the numbers for these changes
What is the point of having beta testers if you don't use them to help smooth out the wrinkles

Schadenfreud-0217
01-06-2017, 12:46 PM
From what I see, after the update you receive a lot more points per win so I guess it's normal to lose a bit more too.

BillLion
01-06-2017, 01:04 PM
From what I see, after the update you receive a lot more points per win so I guess it's normal to lose a bit more too.

Agreed- but the key is "a bit"

I lost 10 times overnight and lost 215 points unless I win every battle today I will finish the day with lower points.
While you are trying to level the playing field we only have the option to attack 20 players max and tbh an even fight is a 50/50 battle as first starting wins.
Coins is now reduced dramatically unless you spend ironite

As I suggested on the update thread the way to mitigate the pain is to cut trophy losses for defense losses. I doubt the devs will eliminate trophy losses, but cut them in 1/2. That in conjunction with the iron coin and SOW adjustments would go a long way towards providing balance AND cutting the grind. It would also help reduce the frustration cycles of revenge.

Edit: I know the suggestion would be "You just need to experiment and build a better defense team." Well, mine isn't perfect but it's pretty darn good with maxed skill shards and talismans. Yet my defense success rate drops dramatically each week. The thing is most of us can beat the AI version of other players defensive teams (except those that have all the meta characters). Since it's only partly in our control and partly in the control of the LOTB's AI I think we should split the losses together. ;)

Frost
01-26-2017, 12:03 PM
Just wanted to share an epic fight I had last night.

I had this guy in my revenge list, I cheked his team: Mummy, Prisoner, Assassin Golden Son and DM. I was about to pass, but it was my last SoW and I was kinda "To hell, not gonne be on top ever so let's go". Set up my team: Mummy, Angel of Strife, SSD, Gunner Rescuer and clicked Fight.

As expected, I went second round... A real faceroll. After the first round I had just AoS alive with 10% HP. Glad I was lucky he was not frozen/stunned/taunted... Well, now things go crazy. My AoS is mexed in skill shards and talismans, built him for tankness so no CC besides little stun from Torture, so the only CC I had was to use Shriek, wich gave me 3 rounds of immunity and invincibility. Taunted all 4 enemies, but guess what?!?!

Yeah, they could not CC or damage me, and he had no buff removers... So revenge triggered!! One-shoted Prisoner. Another round, I was immortal! One-shotted DM. One more immortal round, so I recast Shriek. I was LMAOL as the AI attempted to kill my immortal AoS. One-shotted Golden Son, only Mummy was there. Helpless. So after 2 rounds Mummy was down, and my 10% HP AoS won this fight alone for me.

I just wanted to change his description from "Damage Absorber" to "Lone Survuvor".

Unfortunatelly I doubt this will happen ever again.

Shaolin85london
01-26-2017, 03:37 PM

I had this guy in my revenge list, I cheked his team: Mummy, Prisoner, Assassin Golden Son and DM. I was about to pass, but it was my last SoW and I was kinda "To hell, not gonne be on top ever so let's go". Set up my team: Mummy, Angel of Strife, SSD, Gunner Rescuer and clicked Fight.

As expected, I went second round... A real faceroll. After the first round I had just AoS alive with 10% HP. Glad I was lucky he was not frozen/stunned/taunted... Well, now things go crazy. My AoS is mexed in skill shards and talismans, built him for tankness so no CC besides little stun from Torture, so the only CC I had was to use Shriek, wich gave me 3 rounds of immunity and invincibility. Taunted all 4 enemies, but guess what?!?!

Yeah, they could not CC or damage me, and he had no buff removers... So revenge triggered!! One-shoted Prisoner. Another round, I was immortal! One-shotted DM. One more immortal round, so I recast Shriek. I was LMAOL as the AI attempted to kill my immortal AoS. One-shotted Golden Son, only Mummy was there. Helpless. So after 2 rounds Mummy was down, and my 10% HP AoS won this fight alone for me.

I just wanted to change his description from "Damage Absorber" to "Lone Survuvor".

When I read these things I increase my opinion that all mussels are useless without a brilliant brain! Really well done, Frost!

Arcturus
01-26-2017, 04:00 PM
Nice!

That's better than when I only had CR Eddie after losing everyone else first round & used Ghost over & over to stay alive & slowly wear down their team (but for some reason they were able to freeze my over immunity & I died). Other best round was (against my own defense, actually), using my Gunner Rescuer to keep resurrecting my team, but his Pharaoh Eddie kept doing the same. It was a long fight.

gmac
01-26-2017, 04:27 PM

Hey Frost,

I posted about AoS being the counter to the prisoner on the prisoner discussion thread last week.

I guess you missed it, Iīm glad you finally figured it out on your own.

Best

Frost
01-26-2017, 06:40 PM
Hey Frost,

I posted about AoS being the counter to the prisoner on the prisoner discussion thread last week.

Best

But didn't change my opinion. AoS must be alive and able to cast Shriek, that as I said I was pure lucky not to have him frozen by Golden Son nor taunted by Mummy and not stunned by Prisoner and not skill blocked by DM. He's very solid and has a lot of uses, but still nothing compared to Prisoner combos.

Just some Prisoner combos are not as good as others... Demoonchield and Nickoes are isnane, Pizzafryday is also insane...

BillLion
01-26-2017, 07:06 PM
Hey Frost,

Best

Your suggestion to use AOS as a count to prisoner is solid. Not perfect obviously because you can be stunned before and/or he can just seal your ability at some point, but he comes with my crew on some offense missions for sure. With full shards he packs a nice punch too.

gmac
01-26-2017, 07:27 PM
But didn't change my opinion. AoS must be alive and able to cast Shriek, that as I said I was pure lucky not to have him frozen by Golden Son nor taunted by Mummy and not stunned by Prisoner and not skill blocked by DM. He's very solid and has a lot of uses, but still nothing compared to Prisoner combos.

Just some Prisoner combos are not as good as others... Demoonchield and Nickoes are isnane, Pizzafryday is also insane...

These guys are at the top, itīs supposed to be tough, we canīt win them all. Otherwise itīs going to get really boring. (already is...)

I have a pretty good record going on against those teams mentioned. And once the multiple hit thing gets fixed its going to be a walk in the park against most prisoner teams, regardless of going first or second.

Nerfing should be the last resort, and only done after bigger issues are fixed first.

gmac
01-26-2017, 07:29 PM
Your suggestion to use AOS as a count to prisoner is solid. Not perfect obviously because you can be stunned before and/or he can just seal your ability at some point, but he comes with my crew on some offense missions for sure. With full shards he packs a nice punch too.

One might not do the job, agreed.

Thatīs why I built a second one! :cool:

Sag7272
01-26-2017, 10:26 PM
And once the multiple hit thing gets fixed its going to be a walk in the park against most prisoner teams, regardless of going first or second.

Nerfing should be the last resort, and only done after bigger issues are fixed first.

Coudn't have said it better :)

Nicko
01-26-2017, 11:19 PM
These guys are at the top, itīs supposed to be tough, we canīt win them all. Otherwise itīs going to get really boring. (already is...)

I have a pretty good record going on against those teams mentioned. And once the multiple hit thing gets fixed its going to be a walk in the park against most prisoner teams, regardless of going first or second.

Your Angels are beasts. I'll vouch for that! But there's a mighty nerf bat aimed right at their heads as well. It's why I haven't done anything with my AoS yet

Does the AoS hit as hard as the AoF?

Frost
01-27-2017, 12:32 PM

In short: NO. AoF does way more damage due to a bug in HP scaling. For example my AoS has 10k more HP than a trooper's AoF and does about 2/3 of the latter damage.

Too bad devs decided to nerf Torture instead of fixing AoF HP scaling...

gmac
01-27-2017, 02:40 PM
Your Angels are beasts. I'll vouch for that! But there's a mighty nerf bat aimed right at their heads as well. It's why I haven't done anything with my AoS yet

Thanks for the compliment, your AoF is great too :-)

Frost proportion seams right, about 2/3, 10k average.

If the nerfing isnt too much I would still use skill shards on AoS, they are great for protection and do good damage, torture has a chance to stun, not to mention Sherik taunts with immunity and invincibility for 3 rounds. And only 6 skill shards to full built him.

Too bad they are nerfing the AoS, seams to be the only thing going on against the prisoner (besides the prisoner himself), as Slauki well said, it will only make the prisoner stronger.

Shame on the Devs, I hope they chance their minds.

BillLion
01-27-2017, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the compliment, your AoF is great too :-)

Too bad they are nerfing the AoS, seams to be the only thing going on against the prisoner (besides the prisoner himself), as Slauki well said, it will only make the prisoner stronger.

Shame on the Devs, I hope they chance their minds.

I'll second this. He wasn't even listed as a character that needed tweaks.

Arcturus
01-27-2017, 03:29 PM
In short: NO. AoF does way more damage due to a bug in HP scaling. For example my AoS has 10k more HP than a trooper's AoF and does about 2/3 of the latter damage.

Too bad devs decided to nerf Torture instead of fixing AoF HP scaling...
Not just a HP scaling thing... AoS has 233 ATK & MAG, AoF has 1757 ATK & 230 MAG. He's supposed to hit a lot harder.

edit: that is say, if a nerf/bug fix is needed it should be done in a way that only effects him and not AoS

Sag7272
01-27-2017, 04:58 PM
edit: that is say, if a nerf/bug fix is needed it should be done in a way that only effects him and not AoS

Think it's more a matter of it being the same skill so changing it will affect both no matter what, probably why it been nerfed as a "collateral damage" without AOS never being mentioned.. It's the impression it gives..